INDIA
Posted - Monday, October 1, 2007  -  10:13 AM Reply with quote
devoid of wisdim is you do not know real purpose of the verse

Edited by: ibrahim on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 8:48 AM
StudentAffairs

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, October 1, 2007  -  6:13 PM Reply with quote
For members information:
The above username Bhavitar with various repeated registrations writes him-herself as a Hindu believer from India, Bhalwal Das and Sohna Das. One wonders why this member and others like SK are interested in the matter of Qur'an and Sunnah whilst persistently rejecting the teachings of the prophets(peace be upon them)and promotong the website of Rashad Khalafa on an Islamic site like this one.

Members are therefore requested to ignore them without wasting their time replying to these.

This is a similar attempt to the ones we have had in the past to cause harm to the purpose of the site but alhamdulillah our educational activities continue in the form of our offered courses.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 2, 2007  -  5:25 AM Reply with quote
quote:

...........Hindu believer from India, Bhalwal Das and Sohna Das.....
To know about other activities of this type of Hindu believers from India, please visit:
http://www.countercurrents.org/gatade011007.htm
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, October 3, 2007  -  1:03 AM Reply with quote
quote:

disclosure of personal information (of any member) by the organization is also not favorable.

Ofcourse. It will be more disastrous to the offender when the personal information is sent to the Ciber Crime Department. Let the offenders take care.
HanifaNidia

PORTUGAL
Posted - Saturday, October 6, 2007  -  1:44 PM Reply with quote
wow this discusion is hot!
My Allah show you the way to right answer!
Ramadan Kareenn
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, October 7, 2007  -  3:31 AM Reply with quote
quote:

wow this discusion is hot!
My Allah show you the way to right answer!
Ramadan Kareenn

Someone asked Sheikh Al-Uthaymeen (rahimahullah) about saying Ramadan Kareem.

He answered:

A. The ruling of that is that the statement 'Ramadan kareem' is not correct. Rather it should be said 'Ramadan Mubarak', or whatever is similar to it, because it is not Ramadan itself that gives so that it can be kareem (generous), in fact it is Allah who placed the grace in it, and made it a special month, and a time to perform one of the pillars of Islam.

It is as if the one saying this thinks that the sacredness of the time allows him to commit transgressions. This is turning around what the people of knowledge have said that bad deeds are greater at special times and places, the opposite of what the one saying this imagines. They say that it is obligatory to fear Allah - the honourable and majestic - at all times, and in all places, especially in special times and special places.

Allah - the honourable and majestic - says,

O you who believe! Observing As-Saum (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious - [2:183]

Allah shows that the wisdom of fasting is taqwa (piety) of Allah - the honourable and majestic - by fulfilling His commandments and avoiding His prohibitions. It has been ascertained from the Prophet (pbuh) that he said

"Whosoever does not leave speaking falsehood, or acting with it or ignorance, then Allah has no need that he leaves his food and drink."

Fasting is cultivation of the self, guarding it from the prohibitions of Allah, and not as this ignoramus says that due to the sacredness and blessing of this month it allows commiting transgressions.
From a collection of the Shaykh Ibn al-'Uthaymeen's fatwas, As`ilah wa ajwibah 'an alfaaz wa mafaaheem fee meezaan al-sharee'ah ("Questions and Answers on Expressions and Concepts in the Scale of the Shariah") printed by Maktab al-Da'wah of Britain.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, October 8, 2007  -  1:07 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Hadith literally means "tradition," and it constitutes for most Muslims the second set of religious scriptures - ................something they don't often display as readily towards the Qur'an itself.

Where did you copy-paste this from?
Shilba

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, October 8, 2007  -  2:18 PM Reply with quote
The Hadith is the record of the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). The sayings and conduct of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) constitute the Sunnah.
The Hadith has come to supplement the Holy Quran as a source of the Islamic religious law. The Hadith is the second pillar after the Quran upon which every Muslim rests his faith. Hadith consists of Mat'n and Isnad. Mat'n means the text of the Hadith, while Isnad means the chain of transmitters to that Hadith.

The scholars of the Hadith literature divided the Traditions into categories according to the degree of authenticity and reliability; each category had to meet certain criteria.
The categories are as follows:
1. Sahih: The genuine Traditions, the authentic ones.
2. Moothaq: Almost like the Sahih but the narration is not as strong as those of the Sahih.
3. Hasan: The fair Traditions although inferior in matter of authenticity.
4. Dha'eef: The weak Traditions which are not so reliable.
In Shari'ah (Islamic Constitution) deeds and actions are divided into five classes:
1. Fardh or Wajib: An obligatory duty the omission of which is Islamically punishable.
2. Mus'tahab: An action which is rewarded, but whose omission is not punishable.
3. Mu'baah: An action which is permitted but legally is indifferent.
4. Mak'rooh: An action which is disapproved by the Shari'ah but is not under any penalty.
5. Haram: An action which is forbidden, and Islamically punishable.

THE FORGED (FABRICATED) HADITHS
1. History of Fabrication:
a. During Benu Umayya's Rule.
b. During Benu Abbas' Rule, in particular with the advent of the schools of thought in Islam.
2. By the year 200 H.: Total of 600,000 Hadiths were in existence, out of which 408,324 Hadith were fabricated Hadiths by 620 forgerers.
3. Most Notorious Forgerers: Ibn Jundub, Abu Bukhtari, Ibn Basheer, Abdullah Al-Ansaari, Al-Sindi. Ibn Au'jaa professed before he was hanged that he alone had forged 4,000 Hadiths.
4. Reason to Fabricate:
a. Financial incentive by the Khalifas, for example Mu'awiya awarded Ibn Jundub and others hundreds of thousands of dinars for coming forth with Hadiths that suited him.
b. As a means of self-promotion in the government.
c. In a drive to enhance a particular school of thought.
d. Fanaticism for a school of thought at the expense of others.
5. Al-Qassassoon (The story-tellers): Their operation and major role in the public.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 9, 2007  -  1:42 AM Reply with quote
quote:

The Hadith is the record of ..............

Would you mind telling us the source of such valuable information?
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, October 9, 2007  -  8:00 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Someone asked Sheikh Al-Uthaymeen (rahimahullah) about saying Ramadan Kareem.
He answered:
A. The ruling of that is that the statement 'Ramadan kareem' is not correct. Rather it should be said 'Ramadan Mubarak', or whatever is similar to it, because it is not Ramadan itself that gives so that it can be kareem (generous), in fact it is Allah who placed the grace in it, and made it a special month, and a time to perform one of the pillars of Islam.

I just want to say that B4 giving a Ruling on something we Must try to know th Use of it in those who use it. I've Just confirmed it from one of My colleague who have spend quite a bit time in KSA. According to him common people USE this PHRASE just to give MUBARAK of Ramadan to eachother & nothing else. So why not we take it as They take it? Then there will be NO NEED to go in the Depth of its literal meanings.

Plz note that i'm NOT against this Fatwa. I just wantbring in th Notice the Background of this Phrase.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 9, 2007  -  10:10 AM Reply with quote
quote:

I've Just confirmed it from one of My colleague who have spend quite a bit time in KSA. According to him common people USE this PHRASE just to give MUBARAK of Ramadan to eachother & nothing else.
If I wanted to go with the common people, why would I at the age of 62 sit up and browse Islamic forums?

I am interested in learning from scholars and wish my brothers and sisters both young and old would turn towards scholars and shun age old customs of jahiliyyah and blind taqleed.
Shilba

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, October 9, 2007  -  3:33 PM Reply with quote
quote:

I've Just confirmed it why would I at the age of 62 sit up and browse Islamic forums?

ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, October 10, 2007  -  7:28 AM Reply with quote
Sorry Sir. My purpose wasn't to propogate any old custom of jahiliyyah OR blind taqleed. You are Right that we shud Turn to Scholars to Learn Islam.
I was JUST looking to say that Sometimes a Scholar starts testing Every thing under his Knowledge & ignores the Common sense. To Me Ramadan Kareem is the Example of it. When the Research work takes place on this simple Phrase, the Result is surely the Same as mentioned in the above Fatwa.
BUT
at least my common says that it's Not a Case of Research. It's a Simple Local Traditional Phrase used for Ramadan Greetings & everyone shud take it Like that. When in the mind of a User is nothing except it then WHY i shud 1st create something ELSE via my Knowledge & then give my Verdict on the Basis of it?
I'll like to Give you another Example & hope You'll understand it v well as you are an Indian who can understand URDU.
Some people Object the Use of Words "Namaz" & "Khuda" for Salat (Prayer) & Allah (God) Just Bcoz of SOME OLD CONCEPTS attached to these TWO words whereas I wud DEFEND these two words by saying that those Concepts may be Part of these words at the Start BUT now I do not Even KNOW them, So I see No HARM using them.
In my little Knowledge the Case of Ramadan Kareem is SAME.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, October 10, 2007  -  7:46 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Ramadan Kareem.............. the Use of Words "Namaz" & "Khuda" for ............
Please note that Ramadhaan and Kareem are both Arabic words and have specific meaning in Islamic terminology.

Namaz and Khuda as you have rightly admitted are Urdu words meaning two different words which in English mean the canonical prayer and God repectively. The Arabic word for Namaz would be Salaat and for Khuda, Allah. What has this to do with attributing qualities such as Kareem to a month in the Islamic Calender?
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, October 10, 2007  -  10:03 AM Reply with quote
I wud say, & I hope you'll not Take is Just for the Sake of Arguments vs Arguments, that the Phrase "Ramadan Kareem" is being Used By NATIVE Arabs who know the meaning of KAREEM better than YOU & ME.
Even if Non Arabs has started using it, BUT Only for above Described purpose, One shud have NO critisism on it.
That's what I think BUT plz Give me some time to Research that wheather this Phrase refer to some WRONG thing or Not? I hope I'll be able to say some v soon After the Eid.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
61 62
Next page >>
Page 55 of 62

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker