Next page >>
Page 40 of 62

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Monday, March 26, 2007  -  12:03 PM Reply with quote
Salam,

Quote:- 7. The Quran is a ''Book from Allah" because Muhammad told the people what the Quran was/is.
So if you cannot obey what "Mohammad" left ...than you cannot obey the Quran...because Muhammad tranmitted the Quran..

Reply:- I have already answered this question, raised by Mr. Tariq Hashmi. However, I am once sending this for you;

This question by you in actual fact expose your idolatry,
You claim that you believe the Quran because the prophet Muhammad said that it is the word of God!
You place the word of Muhammad above the word of God, DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT GOD TELLS US IN THE QURAN THAT THE QURAN IS HIS WORD?
There is no verse in the Quran where Muhammad speaks in the first person, SO HOW DO YOU SAY THAT THIS IS PART OF THE QURAN?????

There are verses in the Quran where God commands Muhammad to declare that the book is from God, so it is NOT Muhammad telling us that, IT IS GOD COMMANDING MUHAMMAD TO TELL US THAT .... there is a big difference,

Moreover, the prophet Muhammad never came in person to you for telling you that the Quran is from God!
So how do you believe that Muhammad said so? Unless you believe what God said in the Quran, then you believe in the Quran in the first place and independent of what Muhammad said 14 centuries ago,

OR, are you relying on hadith transferred through the likes of Abu Huraira to establish that the Quran is the word of God, rather than believing in the Quran because of its miracles and because God told us in the Quran that the Quran is His word?

Do you see what I mean brother?

And since Muhammad does not say in the Quran that the book is from God, then are you relying on some hadith to establish that Muhammad said that the Quran is the word of God? and if that is the case, then you are in fact placing the hadith ABOVE the Quran as an evidence that the book is from God!

"How do you know that Muhammad said that the Quran is from God?"

Muhammad never came to you to tell you so.
Sadly you are relying on hadith to prove the Quran!!!

The genuine believers believe in the Quran without even having concrete evidence, because the real believers recognize God's signs when they are given to them, they believe without seeing,

this is foretold in the Quran.

Sura 2

2. This scripture is infallible; a beacon for the righteous;
3. who believe in the unseen, observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), and from Our provisions to them, they give to charity.
4. And they believe in what was revealed to you, and in what was revealed before you, and with regard to the Hereafter, they are absolutely certain.

Let you read the above words given by God which explain how the believers believe in the Quran,
the words :
"they believe in what was revealed to you, and in what was revealed before you"
and the words :
"who believe in the unseen"

That is how the believers believe in the Quran, not because Muhammad told them to believe it, Muhammad cannot manipulate people's minds,
we cannot believe in something just because someone tells us to believe in it!!!

I hope now it is clear for you.

Samsher
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Monday, March 26, 2007  -  1:06 PM Reply with quote
Salam

Quote:- will you elaborate for me as if there is any difference between 'preach 'and 'practice'.

Reply:- I meant to say here ‘words’ and ‘deed’ by saying the above.

Quote:- You did answer me few months back but I request you to reply me again :
if salat end with the last prostration then there must be more than one prostration in salat.
Plz tell me how many prostrations should be in salah.

Reply:- Please tell me when (pl. mention the exact date) you asked me this.

Quote:- According to you, man (scholar or otherwise) cannot guide you.You say only the Quran can teach us.

Now refer to your above answer How does Rashad Khalifa explain verses of the Quran to you? Based on what authority? What knowledge? Is it his own interpretation? Is that allowed? According to what authority is it allowed?

Reply:- How could you imagine that R.K. explained the verse of Qur’an to me???Ha…ha…

Quote:- No one ever denied the Quran is the first and last. But the thing you keep falling to admit is that the Quran was brought AND TAUGHT by Muhammad and used Muhammad as the teacher of the things it says. Allah says in the Quran to fast...Muhammad taught us to fast (NOT THE QURAN). Allah says in the Quran to pray...Muhammad teached us to pray (NOT THE QURAN).

Reply:- Brother, Muhammad was not the teacher of Qur’an instead Almighty God is the Teacher of the Qur’an. Muhammad did not teach Qur’an to you.

By the way, you said through one of your earlier mail that Jibrail taught Muhammad how to pray and in support of your said opinion, I demanded from you, a single reference from the Qur’an, but you could not been able to give this till date.

Quote:- WHAT DO YOU SAY ABOUT THIS NARRATION:

[During my Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca, and before sunrise on Tuesday, Zul-Hijjah 3, 1391, December 21, 1971, I, Rashad Khalifa, the soul, the real person, not the body, was taken to some place in the universe where I was introduced to all the prophets as God's Messenger of the Covenant. I was not informed of the details and true significance of this event until Ramadan 1408.

What I witnessed, in sharp consciousness, was that I was sitting still, while the prophets, one by one, came towards me, looked at my face, then nodded their heads. God showed them to me as they had looked in this world, attired in their respective mode of dress. There was an atmosphere of great awe, joy, and respect.

Except for Abraham, none of the prophets was identified to me. I knew that all the prophets were there, including Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, Aaron, David, Noah, and the rest. I believe that the reason for revealing Abraham's identity was that I asked about him. I was taken aback by the strong resemblance he had with my own family - myself, my father, my uncles. It was the only time that I wondered, "Who is this prophet who looks like my relatives?" The answer came: "Abraham." No language was spoken. All communication was done mentally.

Reply:- I don’t require to give any comment on the topic here because the subject of this forum is ‘Qur’an, hadith & sunnah’.. I shall InshAllah discuss on this matter if you open another topic regarding the subject.

Samsher
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Monday, March 26, 2007  -  1:08 PM Reply with quote
Salam,

Quote:- The story about Rashad going to heaven in Appendix 2 cannot be found in the Quran. Can you show me where in the Quran Rashad was sent to heaven?

Now plz consider this:

Reply:- Same as earlier/above.

Quote:-what do you say about the last 2 verses of sura 9?

or
Can you show me where in the Quran it says the last 2 verses of sura 9 are not part of the Quran?

Reply:- Same as earlier/above.

Quote:- one last question ,how can you pray in a mosque...when the Quran dedicates no collated form of prayer?

Reply:- Qur’an is complete, fully detailed and I try to pray everywhere according to Qur’an.

Quote:- Quran is the only source of law,as you insisted since beginning.

Reply:- Wrong. I don’t insist rather Qur’an says so(6:114-115).

Quote:- let me ask you ,are you telling about Quran(arabic)or the translation of the Quran as a source of law.Do you mean the english translation of the Quran as the only source of law .If yes then plz tell me ,didnt you choose a parellel source besides quran as a source of law?

Reply:- I have already answered through on of my earlier mail on this date. Please read this.

Quote:- They are Rashad's HADITH. (apart from translation you also need footnotes to understand this .)

Reply:- Absurd claim.

Samsher
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, March 26, 2007  -  1:14 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Salam,

Quote:-I didnt ask whether Quran is perfect, detailed, complete or not. Every muslim knows it.

Reply:- I know which question you had asked me. If you believe that Qur’an is fully detailed, complete….. then why did you ask me this type of question that “where can ….Qur’an”? Definitely you should not ask this type of idiotic question. This question from you proves that you know that Qur’an is fully detailed, complete, perfect (as you read these words in Qur’an), but not believe it in heart…………

However, if you visit, if you wish, www.quran-islam.org , then it can tell you where in the Qur’an you can find all these.

Samsher

I admit ,I am a real idiot arguing with someone who claims to know what's in my heart.
This is enough,nothing is left to prove now.
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, March 27, 2007  -  8:58 AM Reply with quote
Salam,

At last you admitted that you have sent idiotic questions to me. Thank you.

Samsher.

quote:

quote:

Salam,

Quote:-I didnt ask whether Quran is perfect, detailed, complete or not. Every muslim knows it.

Reply:- I know which question you had asked me. If you believe that Qur’an is fully detailed, complete….. then why did you ask me this type of question that “where can ….Qur’an”? Definitely you should not ask this type of idiotic question. This question from you proves that you know that Qur’an is fully detailed, complete, perfect (as you read these words in Qur’an), but not believe it in heart…………

However, if you visit, if you wish, www.quran-islam.org , then it can tell you where in the Qur’an you can find all these.

Samsher

I admit ,I am a real idiot arguing with someone who claims to know what's in my heart.
This is enough,nothing is left to prove now.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 31, 2007  -  11:27 PM Reply with quote
skshamsher you are warned again to mind your language. calling other participants' Q as 'idiotic Q' shows your arrogance! just present what you have to say and do not give your opinions about others' presentations!

"Hadith and the Qur’an

The answer to the fourth question is that the issue of abrogation or limiting of the Qur’an by the Hadith has arisen out of a lack of proper understanding and deliberation. In reality, no Hadith has abrogated a Qur’anic verse or limited its scope of application and thus there arises no doubt from this angle on the status of the Qur’an as the Furqan and the Mizan.

When people were not able to understand certain stylistic features of the Qur’an and the background and perspective of certain verses, they were also not able to understand the words of the Prophet (sws) regarding these areas. All examples which are presented in this regard are of this type. In the following pages, we shall take up each of these examples and present our view on them.

1. Of the animals which God has created on this earth some are meant to be eaten and others are not. Since these latter type of animals if eaten effect the tazkiyah (purification) of a person, an aversion to them is found in his nature. Generally, human nature provides a person with ample guidance in this matter and, without any hesitation, he is able to decide the right course. He very well knows that lions, tigers, elephants, eagles, crows, vultures, kites, scorpions and human flesh itself are not meant to be eaten. He is also well aware of the fact that horses and mules are a means of transportation and have no role in satisfying one’s hunger. That faeces and urine of animals are impure things are known to him very well also. No doubt, at times, human nature becomes perverted but a study of human behavior shows that a great majority of people does not generally falter in this matter. It is for this reason that the shari‘ah has not given any original guidance on this matter. In this regard, the shari‘ah has provided guidance on animals and on things related to these animals where human beings were liable to falter. The pig is a quadruped beast of the same genre as the goat, sheep, cow and cattle; however, it consumes meat like other carnivores. Should it then be considered forbidden or not? Should animals which are slaughtered in a way that all their blood is not drained out be eaten or not? Is the blood of animals impure as indeed are their faeces and urine? If animals are slaughtered by taking the name of someone other than the Almighty, can they still be eaten? Since man is unable to come up with a decisive answer in these issues, therefore the Almighty guided mankind in this affair through His prophets and informed them that the flesh of the pig, blood, the dead and animals which are slaughtered in the name of someone other than Allah36 are also impure and unclean and therefore people should abstain from them. In this regard, these aforementioned four things have been primarily discussed by the shari‘ah. The Qur’an at some places by using the linguistic expressions قُلْ لَا أَجِدُ فِي مَا أُوحِيَ إِلَيَّ (say: I do not find anything [forbidden] in what [God] has revealed to me), and at some places the word اِنَّمَا (only and only), has unequivocally stated that only and only these four things are prohibited by the Almighty.
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, April 1, 2007  -  7:07 PM Reply with quote
Bro Sksamshirali from INDIA is humbly requested to reply and remove the fallacies of raushan from UAE pointed out in his/her posts, on page, No.2 as under,

Posted - Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 3:52 PM
Posted - Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 3:54 PM
Posted - Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 1:26 PM

at this link: http://www.studying-islam.org/forum/topic.aspx?topicid=2407&pg=2〈=&forumid=1

Edited by: Rakhtal on Sunday, April 01, 2007 7:11 PM
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Monday, April 2, 2007  -  12:48 PM Reply with quote
Salam to all,

Q:- what is the evidence U pepole HAVE in support of your whim and the wishful thinking i.e. Qura’n is the ONLY guideline.

Reply:- At last this brother showed his true colour regarding his religion Islam and Qur’an..

Now come to the point. The proponents of hadith do not see the evidence!!! Is it true that they really can't see or don’t understand the Qur'anic verse(s), which say that Qur'an is the ONLY RELIGIOUS SOURCE, IT IS COMPLETE, PERFECT, FULLY DETAILED & IT IS THE FURQAN(criterion)??? Or is it that they don’t want to see or understand these willfully?? I think they don’t want to see or understand willfully the verses of Qur’an, which say that IT(Qur’an) is the ONLY GUIDANCE. Let us see, once again, what Qur’an says in this regard;

[2:97] Say, "Anyone who opposes Gabriel should know that he has brought down this (Quran) into your heart, in accordance with GOD's will, confirming previous scriptures, and providing guidance and good news for the believers."

[2:185] Ramadan is the month during which the Quran was revealed, providing guidance for the people, clear teachings, and the statute book…”

[10:37] This Quran could not possibly be authored by other than GOD. It confirms all previous messages, and provides a fully detailed scripture. It is infallible, for it comes from the Lord of the universe.

[12:111] In their history, there is a lesson for those who possess intelligence. This is not fabricated Hadith; this (Quran) confirms all previous scriptures, provides the details of everything, and is a beacon and mercy for those who believe.

[17:9] This Quran guides to the best path, and brings good news to the believers who lead a righteous life, that they have deserved a great recompense.

[6:114] SHALL I SEEK OTHER THAN GOD AS A SOURCE OF LAW, WHEN HE HAS REVEALED TO YOU THIS BOOK FULLY DETAILED?

Now brother I have given numerous evidences from the Qur’an in support of Qur’an is the GUIDANCE for us who are believers. Now do your duty brother i.e. please show me any SINGLE VERSE in support of your opinion that twatur, ijmaa…. are also SOURCE OF RELIGIOUS LAW BESIDES QUR’AN.

[17:89] We have cited for the people in this Quran all kinds of examples, but most people insist upon disbelieving.

[18:54] We have cited in this Quran every kind of example, but the human being is the most argumentative creature.

[30:58] Thus, we have cited for the people in this Quran all kinds of examples. Yet, no matter what kind of proof you present to the disbelievers, they say, "You are falsifiers."

Qur’an reached to us through generation after generation, but that does not mean “AS Qur’an reached us through generation after generation (twatur, ijmaa), so it is the religious source of Islam”!!! And as ‘hadith also came to us through generation(twatur, ijmaa) like Qur’an, so it (hadith) should also be considered as source of Islam as the Qur’an is”!!! The proponents of hadith try to prove this i.e. they try to label ‘twatur & ijmaa’ as criterion!! But this is not true.

Geeta, Bible…..etc…etc… all came through generation after generation. Does this mean that all these books are source of religious law of Islam???

Qur’an itself says we should not seek any other source as source of law besides IT (6:114-115). So it is the truth and as we are Muslim we should/must believe on Quran’s statement.

2ndly, Almighty Allah promised to preserve the Qur’an not anything else, even he did not give any promise to preserve his previous scriptures, which were sent before Qur’an. So if we claim that Qur’an reached us through twatur & ijmaa, then this claim will also be baseless.

I earlier told that Geeta, Bible, Puran….etc…etc… also came through the generation after generation, yet no Muslim can take them as source of Islam.

So the story of twatur & ijmaa is totally baseless. In this regard please also see my comment regarding the language Arabic, which I sent on March 26th 2007 at http://www.studying-islam.org/forum/topic.aspx?topicid=1103&pg=48&lang=&forumid=1

Samsher.
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Monday, April 2, 2007  -  1:03 PM Reply with quote
miss moderator,

I did not say mr. raushan as an idiot rather he himself admitted that he is. did you not see his post dated 26th March,2007???

Now I tell you, don't spread GOSSIP regarding Islam. Qur'an is the true islam. Hadith is not any Islam. The BEST HADITH IS Only Qur'an and nothing else. If you have any proof from the Qur'an in support of your cherished hadith(fabricated and falsely attributed on Muhammad)then produce, if not then refrain from gossiping.

Samsher.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, April 2, 2007  -  1:27 PM Reply with quote
dear ali,
salam,
I ll not insist you to reply my previous questions.
Lets do it this way.
what do you mean by 'detailed'.
[23:14] ...We made the drop into an ALAQAH (leech-like structure), and then We changed the ALAQAH into a MUDGHAH (chewed-like substance), then We changed the MUDGHAH into IDHAAM (bones, skeleton), then We clothed the IDHAAM with LAHM (flesh, muscles), then We caused him to grow and come into being as another creation.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, April 2, 2007  -  1:45 PM Reply with quote
quote:

I earlier told that Geeta, Bible, Puran….etc…etc… also came through the generation after generation, yet no Muslim can take them as source of Islam.
So the story of twatur & ijmaa is totally baseless...
Samsher.

what is the story of twatur and ijma?if you really know then tell us ,I am interested in listening from you.Otherwise your statement suggests you are not clear about the concept.
I request moderator to plz elaborate the concept of twatur and ijma in brief here.
wassalam
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, April 3, 2007  -  10:08 AM Reply with quote
dear raushan, salam,

I did not want to give answer to any of your question. Brother Rakhtal wanted my opinion regarding the importance(???) of Twatur, Ijmaa…etc. etc.. in Islam, I gave my opinion to him. Do you now understand?

I have posed you numerous questions; e.g. on 23rd March,2007 I posed you the following question;

At first you tell me where in the Qur’an did you find that Muhammad learnt how to perform Hajj, salat etc. etc… from Jibril???? But no reply yet.

On 23rd March 2007:

Why Almighty Allah said ‘obey messenger’ instead of ‘obey Muhammad’?

But no reply till date.

Again on 23rd March 2007:

I again ask you, do you not believe that Qur’an is Fully Detailed, Complete….? Also no reply till date.

Now brother, please try to answer all of my above questions.

Whatever may be, you asked me ‘what do you mean by 'detailed'.

[6:114-115] Shall I seek other than GOD AS A SOURCE OF LAW, WHEN HE HAS REVEALED TO YOU THIS BOOK FULLY DETAILED? Those who received the scripture recognize that it has been revealed from your Lord, truthfully. You shall not harbor any doubt. THE WORD OF YOUR LORD IS COMPLETE, IN TRUTH AND JUSTICE. Nothing shall abrogate His words. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.

The above verses clearly imply that ‘we should not seek any other SOURCE AS SOURCE OF LAW(ISLAMIC) besides QUR’AN because IT is FULLY DETAILED………that means QUR’AN IS FULLY DETAILED AS SOURCE OF LAW(ISLAMIC).

Several times I told that Qur’an is not any science book, nor a recipe book. IT IS THE BOOK OF GUIDANCE OF MANKIND. ALL THAT ARE REQUIRED FOR OUR SALVATION/GUIDANCE ARE TOTALLY IN THE QUR’AN AND IN THAT WAY/SENSE QUR’AN IS FULLY DETAILED, COMPLETE & PERFECT.

[2:185] Ramadan is the month during which the Quran was revealed, providing guidance for the people, clear teachings, and the statute book…

[2:97] Say, "Anyone who opposes Gabriel should know that he has brought down this (Quran) into your heart, in accordance with GOD's will, confirming previous scriptures, and providing guidance and good news for the believers."

[10:37] This Quran could not possibly be authored by other than GOD. It confirms all previous messages, and provides a fully detailed scripture. It is infallible, for it comes from the Lord of the universe.

Hope now you will understand.

Samsher.
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, April 3, 2007  -  10:23 AM Reply with quote
Dear raushan,

Q:- what is the story of twatur and ijma?if you really know then tell us ,I am interested in listening from you.

R:- You people adopt another trick ( after knowing that Qur’an does not say any single word in support of fabricated hadith, sunnah) that hadith, sunnah reached us AS Qur’an reached us, so you try to propaget this thinking i.e. ‘when muslim takes Qur’an as source of religious law then why not hadith, sunnah’??? In reply of yours that thinking I only opined that ‘HOW Qur’an reached us, is not any matter or any criterion as HOW hadith, sunnah(fabricated) reached us’. Qur’an itself says that IT IS THE ONLY SOURCE OF LAW and that is all. So the claim “hadith, sunnah reached us AS Qur’an reached” and for this reason the importance of hadith, sunnah is the same as Qur'an,is totally baseless.

Q:- Otherwise your statement suggests you are not clear about the concept.

R:- I think that now it is clear for you.

Q:- I request moderator to plz elaborate the concept of twatur and ijma in brief here.

R:- Why do you depend on another person to elaborate the concept. Is she your idol? Why do you not elaborate the concept yourself. Whatever may be, let me see what your idol say regarding the matter and after that I shall InshAllah reply.

My God Bless You.

Samsher.
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, April 3, 2007  -  10:23 AM Reply with quote
Dear raushan,

Q:- what is the story of twatur and ijma?if you really know then tell us ,I am interested in listening from you.

R:- You people adopt another trick ( after knowing that Qur’an does not say any single word in support of fabricated hadith, sunnah) that hadith, sunnah reached us AS Qur’an reached us, so you try to propaget this thinking i.e. ‘when muslim takes Qur’an as source of religious law then why not hadith, sunnah’??? In reply of yours that thinking I only opined that ‘HOW Qur’an reached us, is not any matter or any criterion as HOW hadith, sunnah(fabricated) reached us’. Qur’an itself says that IT IS THE ONLY SOURCE OF LAW and that is all. So the claim “hadith, sunnah reached us AS Qur’an reached” and for this reason the importance of hadith, sunnah is the same as Qur'an,is totally baseless.

Q:- Otherwise your statement suggests you are not clear about the concept.

R:- I think that now it is clear for you.

Q:- I request moderator to plz elaborate the concept of twatur and ijma in brief here.

R:- Why do you depend on another person to elaborate the concept. Is she your idol? Why do you not elaborate the concept yourself. Whatever may be, let me see what your idol say regarding the matter and after that I shall InshAllah reply.

My God Bless You.

Samsher.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, April 3, 2007  -  12:00 PM Reply with quote
skshamsher
your problem is that you are not reading our courses and just beating around the bush--wasting yours and others' time. for your repeated Q about various topics here, you are strongly adviced to read the 'Understanding the Sunnah' and 'Revelation of Qur'an'
No-one will keep writing them here just because you do not wish to read from the designed courses on this site done with lot of hard work.
what i keep posting here is for all our visitors and members including yourself; but not on your demand--because it's already there in courses. now see below how the beloved's sws teachings help explaining Qur'an; 'cause he was the bringer of Qur'an and spent every skill of his to teach and explain it as clearly as possible. because of the immense care and love he had his ummah and the humanity. wassal'am

contd:

It is stated in Surah Baqarah:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ كُلُواْ مِن طَيِّبَاتِ مَا رَزَقْنَاكُمْ وَاشْكُرُواْ لِلّهِ إِن كُنتُمْ إِيَّاهُ تَعْبُدُونَ إِنَّمَا حَرَّمَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْمَيْتَةَ وَالدَّمَ وَلَحْمَ الْخِنزِيرِ وَمَا أُهِلَّ بِهِ لِغَيْرِ اللّهِ (2: 172-173)

Believers! eat of the wholesome things with which We have provided you and be grateful to God alone if it is Him you worship. He has forbidden you only carrion, blood, and the flesh of swine, also any flesh that is slaughtered in the name of someone other than God. (2:172-173)

It is stated in Surah An‘am:

قُلْ لَا أَجِدُ فِي مَا أُوحِيَ إِلَيَّ مُحَرَّمًا عَلَى طَاعِمٍ يَطْعَمُهُ إِلَّا أَنْ يَكُونَ مَيْتَةً أَوْ دَمًا مَسْفُوحًا أَوْ لَحْمَ خِنزِيرٍ فَإِنَّهُ رِجْسٌ أَوْ فِسْقًا أُهِلَّ لِغَيْرِ اللَّهِ بِهِ (145:6)

Say: “I find not in what has been revealed time through inspiration forbidden to a person who eats things which are edible, unless it be dead meat, or blood poured forth or the flesh of swine because all these are unclean or in, disobedience to Allah, animals slaughtered in someone else’s name.” (6:145)

It is reported in certain narratives that the Prophet (sws) has prohibited the meat of beasts having sharp canine teeth, birds having claws and tentacles in their feet, and tamed donkeys37. It is evident from the above discussion that this is merely a delineation of the innate guidance found within human nature. If we want, we can add many other things to this list in the light of this innate guidance. People have erroneously regarded this delineation of divine guidance as shari‘ah, even though it has no link with the prohibition of the shari‘ah stated in the Qur’an. Thus the issue of Hadith abrogating the Qur’an does not even arise here.

2. One salient feature of the language of the Qur’an is that the meanings which are understood of their own accord because of the presence of other words and indicators or because of some logical obviousness are not expressed in words. Compliments of Oaths, answer to conditional statements, parallel expressions and the copulative sentence of a conditional sentence are often ellipsed. In 4:11, for example, there is an ellipses of the word اِثْنَتَيْن beforeفَوْقِ اِثْنَتَيْن and that of وَلِأَبِيْهِ الثُلُثَان after فَلِاُمِهِ الثُلُث and وَلِأَبِيْهِ after فَلِأُمِهِ السُدُس or words of similar meaning. Similarly, an ellipses of the copulative sentence of وَ أَنْ تَقُوْمُوْا لِلْيَتَامَى بِالقِسْط has occured in 4:127. As another example, consider the following verse:

وَمَا مِن دَآبَّةٍ فِي الأَرْضِ وَلاَ طَائِرٍ يَطِيرُ بِجَنَاحَيْهِ إِلاَّ أُمَمٌ أَمْثَالُكُم (38:6)

And all the beasts that roam in the earth on their feet and all the birds that fly on their wings in the sky with both their wings are but communities like your own. (6:38)

A little deliberation shows that in the above verse an ellipses of parallel phrases has occurred. Because of the presence of the expression فِي الأَرْضِ [in the earth] in the first part of the sentence, there is an ellipses of its parallel expression فِي الّسَمَاءِ [in the sky] in the second part. Similarly, because of the presence of the expression يَطِيرُ بِجَنَاحَيْهِ [fly on their wings] in the second part of the sentence, there is an ellipses of its parallel expressionتَدُبُّ عَلَى رِجْلِهَا [roam on their legs] in the first part of the sentence. Though this style is not present in the English language, it exists abundantly in classical Arabic.

These narratives of the Prophet (sws) only explain the Qur’anic verses referred to above and in no way alter or add to them.

contd:
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, April 3, 2007  -  3:21 PM Reply with quote
quote:

I did not want to give answer to any of your question.
No problem,its ok.I am impressed.
quote:

At first you tell me where in the Qur’an did you find that Muhammad learnt how to perform Hajj, salat etc. etc… from Jibril???? But no reply yet.
So who taught him,and how?
you quote me,
.[2:97]Say, "Anyone who opposes Gabriel should know that he has brought down this (Quran) into your heart, in accordance with GOD's will, confirming previous scriptures, and providing guidance and good news for the believers."
quote:

Why Almighty Allah said ‘obey messenger’ instead of ‘obey Muhammad’?But no reply till date.
ok,so who is the messanger here?
quote:

I again ask you, do you not believe that Qur’an is Fully Detailed, Complete….? Also no reply till date.
you replied truly here.
''IT IS THE BOOK OF GUIDANCE OF MANKIND. ALL THAT ARE REQUIRED FOR OUR SALVATION/GUIDANCE ARE TOTALLY IN THE QUR’AN AND IN THAT WAY/SENSE QUR’AN IS FULLY DETAILED, COMPLETE & PERFECT.''
and the Book of guidence tells me:
Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah.
When the Believers saw the Confederate forces, they said: "This is what Allah and his Messenger had promised us, and Allah and His Messenger told us what was true." And it only added to their faith and their zeal in obedience.

wassalam

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
61 62
Next page >>
Page 40 of 62

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker