Next page >>
Page 5 of 62

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Mikai

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, April 20, 2005  -  11:53 PM Reply with quote
Asa wb everybody

I see this is one very deep topic. I would like to share my own views and hope that people from different beliefs of Islam can answer or comment.

I personally have been lead to believe in using the Holy Qu'ran and hadiths to practice Islam but I have to admit that from my experience, following hadiths in paticular has made practicing Islam somewhat complicated and confusing.

I have had my experience of seeing hadiths that contradict each other, hadiths that do not link to the Holy Qur'an or contradict the Holy Quran and hadiths that sound bizarre and lastly alot of hadiths that seem to belittle women. Because of these problems i constantly face i find it impossible to progress and do anything Islamic because one person says believe this while another says believe that when both sides make good points. What i find irritating is when one accuses the other of being a kafir just because they have a different belief.

What troubles me is that Allah Swt has put us here to worship Him and obey His commands. But i find that according to scholars and whatever other special names there are for knowledable Muslims, Islam is a very difficult and complicated religion to learn that it needs years and years of study to understand anything. It is not just the Holy Qu'ran one needs to study but hadiths as well and all the important books associated with it. So is Islam not for an average Muslim?

I thought Islam was supposed to be an easy and simple religion to follow but i find that just to obey one simple law a Mulsim would have to go into deep research just to find out its meaning and authencity!!!!!! For e.g One can never really be satisfied with the layout of their prayers because of the differnt beliefs in how it should it be done. I cannot believe that people argue about where ones hands should go (on chest, below chest, hand over wrist, hand on wrist) that it could just make me go insane. Am i supposed to research on how i should do my prayers for yrs and yrs. Come on its just ridiculous.

Now just when things couldnt get any harder i find that there is a possibility that maybe hadiths are not meant to be followed and just the Holy Quran is supposed to be. Oh and of course whichever one i choose i will be labelled a kafir or whatever. but what i find worrying is that if i were to follow the Quran on its own it would make Islam alot more simpler to follow and easier to understand.

You know this is crazy and this is what i would like to say:

Brothers and sisters we should try and do our best to do what we believe Allah Swt wants from us. We should remember that Allah Swt is the all merciful and kind and that He knows in our hearts that we all are doing this for Him because we understand it to be from Him.

It is the intention in our hearts that mostly matters, not really our actions. As long as we truly show Allah Swt that we are trying to follow His way then it doesn't matter in the end if we followed the wrong way whether it be following just the Holy Quran or the Holy Quran and Muhammad pbuh.

What i am trying to say for those Muslims who are in a similar position as me is just practice what you understand and learnt to be from Allah Swt (do not believe you are a disbeliever), continue to learn as much as you can but dont overwhelm yourself with all these different views.

Well thats all i have to say for now.

Edited by: ibrahim on Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:05 AM
amnew

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, April 27, 2005  -  12:54 PM Reply with quote
Asa wb everybody

I see this is one very deep topic. I would like to share my own views and hope that people from different beliefs of Islam can answer or comment.

I personally have been lead to believe in using the Holy Qu'ran and hadiths to practice Islam but I have to admit that from my experience, following hadiths in paticular has made practicing Islam somewhat complicated and confusing.

Dear Malix,
Although majority of common muslims believe Holy Quran and every hadith as a source of Islam.It is not correct.The source of Islam is actually Quran and Sunnah.For the details about Sunnah and how the Sunnah is independant of Hadith, please register for the course "Understanding the Sunnah","Introduction to the Hadith".

I have had my experience of seeing hadiths that contradict each other, hadiths that do not link to the Holy Qur'an or contradict the Holy Quran and hadiths that sound bizarre and lastly alot of hadiths that seem to belittle women. Because of these problems i constantly face i find it impossible to progress and do anything Islamic because one person says believe this while another says believe that when both sides make good points. What i find irritating is when one accuses the other of being a kafir just because they have a different belief.

Since Hadith is not a source of Islam,it doesn't matter us even if we come across hadith which are contradictory to each other.Actually as we know hadith is a saying that has reached us through one or several chains of transmitters.It is possible that the transmitters misunderstood a part or incorrectly reported,that is the reason why we come across hadith which are contractictory to other hadith or Quran.Our source of religion is fully present in Quran and Sunnah and whose contents are nothing contrary to each other.For knowing the differrence between hadith and Sunnah,you can refer the link below:

http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=322&sscatid=387

What troubles me is that Allah Swt has put us here to worship Him and obey His commands. But i find that according to scholars and whatever other special names there are for knowledable Muslims, Islam is a very difficult and complicated religion to learn that it needs years and years of study to understand anything. It is not just the Holy Qu'ran one needs to study but hadiths as well and all the important books associated with it. So is Islam not for an average Muslim?

Yes,I agree with you that from my personal experience too, reaching the Truth is not as easy as we might think.It requires lots of effort on us to search for the truth.But Almighty is always there in our search of Truth and He guides us if we are honest and unrelenting in our search.Merely because you like Quran doesn't make Sunnah to be neglected.In fact,rejecting Sunnah is actually rejecting the Quran as the Quran and the Sunnah are both the teachings of our beloved Prophet.

I thought Islam was supposed to be an easy and simple religion to follow but i find that just to obey one simple law a Mulsim would have to go into deep research just to find out its meaning and authencity!!!!!! For e.g One can never really be satisfied with the layout of their prayers because of the differnt beliefs in how it should it be done. I cannot believe that people argue about where ones hands should go (on chest, below chest, hand over wrist, hand on wrist) that it could just make me go insane. Am i supposed to research on how i should do my prayers for yrs and yrs. Come on its just ridiculous.

Yes,this is because of the scholars trying to authenticate several hadith on the subject.But according to this website,the Prophet did fix only specific parts in the Salah and the rest of the parts are flexible.Placing our hands during the Qiyam falls under the flexible part of the Salah.You may further refer to :

http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=812&sscatid=394

Now just when things couldnt get any harder i find that there is a possibility that maybe hadiths are not meant to be followed and just the Holy Quran is supposed to be. Oh and of course whichever one i choose i will be labelled a kafir or whatever. but what i find worrying is that if i were to follow the Quran on its own it would make Islam alot more simpler to follow and easier to understand.

Please try to understand thoroughly about the Sunnah[and the principle of determining it] according to this website.All your questions will be easily answered.

You know this is crazy and this is what i would like to say:

Brothers and sisters we should try and do our best to do what we believe Allah Swt wants from us. We should remember that Allah Swt is the all merciful and kind and that He knows in our hearts that we all are doing this for Him because we understand it to be from Him.

It is the intention in our hearts that mostly matters, not really our actions. As long as we truly show Allah Swt that we are trying to follow His way then it doesn't matter in the end if we followed the wrong way whether it be following just the Holy Quran or the Holy Quran and Muhammad pbuh.

Dear sister,you are right that the God first sees our intentions and then our actions.But this does not mean that we can follow a path which is not ordained by God and be self-satisfied.It is the suggestion of the Satan to make ourself satisfied with what we follow.On the contrary,we should try to find the correct path which requires some effort on our side.I found that the Quran and Sunnah[expressed by this website atleast in its principle/methodology ] to be close to the Truth.Merely following Quran alone will not lead to success and it is in fact rejection of Quran itself if we were not to follow the Sunnah.

What i am trying to say for those Muslims who are in a similar position as me is just practice what you understand and learnt to be from Allah Swt (do not believe you are a disbeliever), continue to learn as much as you can but dont overwhelm yourself with all these different views.

Well thats all i have to say for now

I too desire the same.Just keep following what you are right now believing.In the meantime,try to search for the Truth and may be that it is very near to you and ask God for true guidance.Once God shows you the Truth,follow it no matter even if your desires dislike it.Also remember,God said:
": {And whoever seeks a religion other than Islaam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.}[3:85]".

With Regards,

Edited by: ibrahim on Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:13 AM
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, April 29, 2005  -  12:39 AM Reply with quote
Dear Samsherai
You do not rquire any assistsnce you understanding and the knowldge of the Quran are commendable. However i am surprised you felt it was necessary to reply to the following
and if you think really Quran is sufficient for you to practice Islam as per Allah's desire and you need no any sourse beside Allah's book So why you are here at Studying-Islam.com??????????????
Does this mean that belief in the Quran disbars you from studying other sources !!!!!!!!!!!
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, May 1, 2005  -  9:54 PM Reply with quote
The author of the article failed to prove that Qur’an was the only religious source of Islam.

Quote (By Samsher Ali page 9)
>>> You wrongly blamed him. He always told/tell that Qur’an is the only
religious source of islam.

Quote (By Samsher Ali page 9)

The following verses confirm that the Quran is fully detailed and that it incorporates all matters :

"We did not leave anything out of this book.” 6:38
”Shall I seek other than God as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed?” 6:114

”The word of your Lord is complete, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.” 6:115

”This is not fabricated ‘hadith’; this (Quran) confirms all previous scriptures, provides the details of everything, and is a guidance and mercy for those who believe.” 12:111

”We have revealed to you this book to provide explanations for everything, and guidance and mercy and good news for the submitters.” 16:89

Any one who believe that Quran is sufficient for them and they do not need any other sourse beside Quran to practice religion, what they are doing here?????????????.what this shows that they are not firm in thair belief and what they are saying they are not doing.

Allah Hafiz
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Friday, May 6, 2005  -  12:48 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Dear Samsherai
You do not rquire any assistsnce you understanding and the knowldge of the Quran are commendable. However i am surprised you felt it was necessary to reply to the following
and if you think really Quran is sufficient for you to practice Islam as per Allah's desire and you need no any sourse beside Allah's book So why you are here at Studying-Islam.com??????????????
Does this mean that belief in the Quran disbars you from studying other sources !!!!!!!!!!!
TextSalam,

Actuall I did not want to come here. Mr Tariq Hashmi invited me to come here in this forum. I know that Qur'an is sufficient for our salvation and we don't require any other source(s) besides IT. I only tried at my best to give this idea(Qur'an is the only source of religious law) to the viewers of this forum. Whether I gave this idea properly or not,Almighty Allah knows best.

Samsher.

Edited by: Ibrahim on Friday, September 02, 2005 5:41 AM
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, May 9, 2005  -  8:50 AM Reply with quote
Quote:
islamic teachings are not one way traffic. the concept you given is quite lamb. does islam want someone only to be taught whatever others deliver not teach…??????????????????. please correct your understanding so that you may succeed in this life and the last day
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your post the highlighted one is not clear to me that what you are trying to say.Any way I give my reply as follows.

No one is teacher here niether others are students.

I am not here to listen nonsense about our prophet(SWA),abount Prophet's (SWA) Sunnah,about Hadith and about respected pesonalities those had collected all these informations (Sunnah and Hadith) of our Prophets.

If Mr. Samsher are in disagrement with all these,so he is not authorized to says nounsence abount those things whish are very important and sensitive for others.Its not a gentleman way to participate in a discussion which is very sensitive in nauture.This attitude will not takes the discussion any where.

O ye who believe! Raise not your voices above the voice of the Prophet, nor speak aloud to him in talk, as ye may speak aloud to one another, lest your deeds become vain and ye perceive not. (Chapter #49, Verse #2)

Among them are some who insult the Prophet, saying he is only an ear [only a hearer]. Say, "An ear of good for you, believing in Allah and believing in the believers, and a mercy for those among you who believe." As for those who insult the Messenger of Allah, they will have a painful punishment. (Surat at-Tawba: 61)

Allah Hafiz
karime

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, May 9, 2005  -  2:49 PM Reply with quote
A.A

QUOTE: Actuall I did not want to come here. Mr Tariq Hashmi invited me to come here in this forum. I know that Qur'an is sufficient for our salvation and we don't require any other source(s) besides IT. I only tried at my best to give this idea(Qur'an is the only source of religious law) to the viewers of this forum. Whether I gave this idea properly or not,Almighty Allah knows best.
>> Mr. Tariq Hashmi did his job well, SEE how it goes againt you
016.125: Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.
this seems that your basic concept is wrong therefore you made a building of your thoughts on wrong concept, and which basic is wrong then what the use of rest all.

Regards,
A.Karime, Jacoababad
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, May 11, 2005  -  1:14 PM Reply with quote
Among them are some who insult the Prophet, saying he is only an ear [only a hearer]. Say, "An ear of good for you, believing in Allah and believing in the believers, and a mercy for those among you who believe." As for those who insult the Messenger of Allah, they will have a painful punishment. (Surat at-Tawba: 61)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No doubt God is telling the truth…………….
we are discussing the message of God delivered through the prophet. So we are obeying the prophet to act upon the orders of God. No one is insulting the prophet but obeying. If someone is insulting the prophet then you are surely insulting God and you know better than me the ditch of hell where the people insulating God will be thrown…….
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, May 11, 2005  -  10:20 PM Reply with quote
Salaam
No one is insulting the prophet but obeying. If someone is insulting the prophet then you are surely insulting God and you know better than me the ditch of hell where the people insulating God will be thrown…….

I was beginning to despair at the strange logic and some of comments posted in this forum but I am heartened to read your comments at least you are able differentiate between the wood and trees.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, May 12, 2005  -  8:30 AM Reply with quote
Quote:
No doubt God is telling the truth…………….
we are discussing the message of God delivered through the prophet. So we are obeying the prophet to act upon the orders of God. No one is insulting the prophet but obeying. If someone is insulting the prophet then you are surely insulting God and you know better than me the ditch of hell where the people insulating God will be thrown…….
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friend,

I am a human and surly can do mistakes.If your good self can highlight my such a great mistake,so surely i will rectify it and ask Allah for forgiveness.What could be the bigger mistake than this.If you will highlight it to me and prevent one brother from the hell,What could be the bigest favour than this.I will pray for you and Allah will give you the reward.

Allah Hafiz and God Bless you.
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, May 15, 2005  -  11:12 AM Reply with quote
you said……… I am heartened to read your comments at least you are able differentiate between the wood and trees.

but i would have been heartened if you were had included yourself among the human beings not the wood and trees.

Edited by: Bhavittre on Sunday, May 15, 2005 11:27 AM
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, May 16, 2005  -  8:10 AM Reply with quote
Dear Brother Samsher Ali

So many posts are waiting for your reply.Looking back on mine previous post, I realized that I may heart your feelings.

I don't want to heart you,but if you heart with any of mine words,I apologize to you.I hope that you will accept my apology.Looking farward to see you in the forum soon.

Allah Hafiz and God Bless you
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, May 19, 2005  -  9:41 AM Reply with quote
Salam,

Quote:- This seems that your basic concept is wrong therefore you made a building of your thoughts on wrong concept, and which basic is wrong then what the use of rest all.

>>> Whose basic concept is wrong and whose is right, Almighty Allah Knows best, brother. I never said to you or any one that you/they should agree with my basic concept. My basic concept does not agree with the idol worshippers’ basic concept. What can I do for this? You do your duty and I am doing my duty.

Samsher Ali
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, May 19, 2005  -  9:47 AM Reply with quote
Salam,

Quote:- I am not here to listen nonsense about our prophet(SWA),abount Prophet's (SWA) Sunnah,about Hadith and about respected pesonalities those had collected all these informations (Sunnah and Hadith) of our Prophets.

If Mr. Samsher are in disagrement with all these, so he is not authorized to says nounsence abount those things whish are very important and sensitive for others.Its not a gentleman way to participate in a discussion which is very sensitive in nauture.This attitude will not takes the discussion any where.

>>> Don’t angry with me brother. Worshipping the idol is very important faith in Hinduism. So What? Christians worship ‘Jesus’ and it is very sensitive matter to them. So what? Hindus & Christians worship the idol(s) and it is very important and sensitive to them, yet you cannot say that it (worshipping the idols) has great role because of importancy & sensitivity. But the worshippers of Hadith do not try to understand this. I only told you that Almighty Allah says in the Quran that we should not follow ANY OTHER SOURCE BESIDES THE QURAN as religious source of Islam. Brother, what is wrong in this statement? I hope that you should know what does mean to say "any other source besides Qur'an". Men-made Hadith & sunnah are the category of any other source besides Qur'an. If you think otherwise then please show me at least one verse from the Nobel Qur'an wherein it is said that we should follow mem-made hadith & sunnah of prophet besides Qur'an. If you do this, InshAllah I shall accept your opinion.

Almighty Allah says that Qur'an is the only source of Islam and so said the Prophet but you and your team said otherwise and for this reason Chapter-49, verse-2, and surat at-tawba:61 which you mentioned are completely fitted for you and your team brother.

Samsher
Mikai

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, May 19, 2005  -  9:46 PM Reply with quote
Asa wb

Jazakallah amnew for your reply, you have made some very good and valid points which at the moment i will remain neutral on. I will try inshallah to check out the sites you have mentioned but trust me brother over the years of researching Islam i have already looked into the sunnah, hadiths but it would be great to learn about it more but i also want to learn about the Muslims who just follow the Holy Qu'ran as well. Personally i would like to start again and just look at the Holy Qu'ran and see their points and try and act it out. If major elements are missing then inshallah my logical thinking and reasoning will tell me that the sunnah, hadiths are seriously needed. If i choose to follow the Holy Qu'ran in the end it will not be because of personal desires or simply because i am self satisfied but it is because i have proved to Allah Swt that i have researched and used what He Swt has blessed me with to find the right way, the way my conscious tells me is right. If i happen to be wrong then Allah Swt is all Merciful.

Here are some further views of mine:

I know that researching Islam is an important factor but serious deep research is just not practical with regards to the differences of opinions, views, hadiths, authenticity etc.

We also have a life to live which is what Allah swt has bestowed upon us, to eat, to work, to sleep, to help others etc, to do all the obvious good things, to act out what we believe to be true at the moment. We are not supposed to spend such quantities of time simply trying to research whether this is true or that is true, acting out is also important. How is one supposed to progress as a Muslim and actually get somewhere in Islam while having doubts in their mind, how is one supposed to move on and learn other good deeds while still being worried about another issue?

This is why i question the hadiths. Islam is supposed to be a practical way of life. Most of it should be easy for us to understand, logic and reason are also main points that bring out the truth in things. Without using logic and reason, the very gifts Allah Swt has bestowed upon us to use to find out the truth, how can one believe and know what truth is?

As much as i am not happy to say this because i am not sure and i think i will always have this question in my mind i have seen a lot of illogical hadiths which some scholars believe to be true.

So because of this confusion and how easily some people can get sucked in becoming seriously depressed about which way to go, this is why i say that if you only follow the Holy Qu'ran may Allah Swt have mercy on you if you are wrong and if you only follow the Holy Qu'ran and hadith may Allah Swt have mercy on you if you are wrong. Either way, both are trying to do what they understand Allah Swts message to be. Of course, continue to research, be willing to hear from opposite views but never think yourself as being a kafir or the possibility of being punished when your understanding and logical thinking and reasoning is saying to go one paticular way even if it may be wrong. Intention is what Allah Swt will look at. He will know that we have tried, he will know that we have researched, he will know that we have looked at different views, he will know that we are trying to use our logic and reasoning to the best of our ability, this is what Allah Swt wants, He wants our worship and dedication for Him.

Actually this is an interesting question i hope you might happen to know the answer to, in the Holy Quran does Allah Swt indicate that we must worship him and act to the best of our ability applying our logical thinking and intellect to enter paradise or does He say that only the ones who understand the laws correctly will enter paradise (whether they understood correctly by luck or just believeing this is the correct way), meaning that Muslims who followed incorrect laws eventhough they researched and applied logic and reason will not make it to paradise?

Sorry if i repeated anything from my last post.

Salaam

Edited by: mikai on Friday, May 20, 2005 6:14 PM
amnew

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, May 22, 2005  -  12:49 PM Reply with quote
Asa wb

Jazakallah amnew for your reply, you have made some very good and valid points which at the moment i will remain neutral on. I will try inshallah to check out the sites you have mentioned but trust me brother over the years of researching Islam i have already looked into the sunnah, hadiths but it would be great to learn about it more but i also want to learn about the Muslims who just follow the Holy Qu'ran as well. Personally i would like to start again and just look at the Holy Qu'ran and see their points and try and act it out. If major elements are missing then inshallah my logical thinking and reasoning will tell me that the sunnah, hadiths are seriously needed. If i choose to follow the Holy Qu'ran in the end it will not be because of personal desires or simply because i am self satisfied but it is because i have proved to Allah Swt that i have researched and used what He Swt has blessed me with to find the right way, the way my conscious tells me is right. If i happen to be wrong then Allah Swt is all Merciful.

Wa-alaikum mussalam.
I already mentioned in my previous response about the sources of religion,and the difference between Sunnah and the Hadith.Please read it again.I would like to ask you some questions and I would appreciate if you could answer the questions, before you can consider follow only the Quran and nothing else.

1) How many obligatory prayers are there for a muslim in a day?.What are the timings of it?.Is there Adhan,Iqamah?.Is there congregational prayer,where the Imam leads the prayer?.How many rak'at are there for each prayer?.What are the various postures,obligatory recitations to be done in each rak'at?.What are the things that nullify Wudu?.Does excretion nullify Wudu?.Is prayer during menstruation allowed?.What about Juma'h prayer,what are its number of rak'at?.
2) Will you celebrate Eid?.Will you pray Eid prayers?.Should a dead body be buried or cremated?.What about Janazah prayer?..What about the rulings of Zak'at?.
3) What about circumcision of male child?.Should God's name be pronounced before slaughtering animals?
4) What are the twelve months that is mentioned in the verse 9:36 and the forbidden months that is mentioned in the verse 2:217, 2:194?.

Here are some further views of mine:

I know that researching Islam is an important factor but serious deep research is just not practical with regards to the differences of opinions, views, hadiths, authenticity etc.

We also have a life to live which is what Allah swt has bestowed upon us, to eat, to work, to sleep, to help others etc, to do all the obvious good things, to act out what we believe to be true at the moment. We are not supposed to spend such quantities of time simply trying to research whether this is true or that is true, acting out is also important. How is one supposed to progress as a Muslim and actually get somewhere in Islam while having doubts in their mind, how is one supposed to move on and learn other good deeds while still being worried about another issue?

If you appreciate that we are living a temporal life and the life after the death is eternal,we can understand how important it is for us to find the Right Path in this world.If we are spending so much time for worldly affairs,God wants us to spend time for finding the Right path also.I agree, not all are capable of doing deep research.But, we always have the findings of the scholars who have spent considerable part of their life in research and who had trodden the same path before us.These findings help us very much to find the Truth and ease our research.Also, if you had gone through the contents of Sunnah that I mentioned in my previous reply,you would know all the Madhabs[within Islam] are unanimously agreed to its authenticity and transmission.Also, all the noble scholars of Islam over 14 centuries are unanimously agreed,irrespective of their differences in practices and beliefs,that the Prophet was given revelations(i.e.,the Sunnah) other than the Quran.If you believe Quran is transmitted to us intact,the same is true for Sunnah.Further,I would like to ask you a pertinent question: How can you prove logically that Quran is transmitted to us without adulteration?.

In my personal experience,it is possible to practice what we understand to be true and at the same time search for the Right Path which God has chosen for us.This is very much true for the issues that are subsidiary in nature.But, if there is a doubt in the basic things itself, even then I would still recommend the person,if he is a muslim, not to leave his current practices till he comes to a final conclusion.

This is why i question the hadiths. Islam is supposed to be a practical way of life. Most of it should be easy for us to understand, logic and reason are also main points that bring out the truth in things. Without using logic and reason, the very gifts Allah Swt has bestowed upon us to use to find out the truth, how can one believe and know what truth is?.

As much as i am not happy to say this because i am not sure and i think i will always have this question in my mind i have seen a lot of illogical hadiths which some scholars believe to be true.

Please refer my previous reply,as I have already tried to explain this aspect you are asking about.You may further refer:

What is the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh)
http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=339&sscatid=66

Some Clarifications Regarding Hadith & Sunnah
http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=1263&sscatid=66

Are the Reportings in Hadith Confirmed Sayings of the Prophet (pbuh)
http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=321&sscatid=388

Some Questions relating to Sunnah
http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=874&sscatid=388

Is Hadith an Independent Source of Religion...
http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=329&sscatid=69

So because of this confusion and how easily some people can get sucked in becoming seriously depressed about which way to go, this is why i say that if you only follow the Holy Qu'ran may Allah Swt have mercy on you if you are wrong and if you only follow the Holy Qu'ran and hadith may Allah Swt have mercy on you if you are wrong. Either way, both are trying to do what they understand Allah Swts message to be. Of course, continue to research, be willing to hear from opposite views but never think yourself as being a kafir or the possibility of being punished when your understanding and logical thinking and reasoning is saying to go one paticular way even if it may be wrong. Intention is what Allah Swt will look at. He will know that we have tried, he will know that we have researched, he will know that we have looked at different views, he will know that we are trying to use our logic and reasoning to the best of our ability, this is what Allah Swt wants, He wants our worship and dedication for Him.

Dear Sister,every person who honestly reads the Quran and does little research can easily know that the Prophet[pbuh] was given other revelations besides the Quran.How can a person conclude earth to be flat ,when all the clear evidences are available before his eyes that proves that the earth is spherical?.If a person concludes that Quran is the only revelation which God gave to Prophet Muhammed[pbuh],I would say that it indicates the person's lack of research and there is something seriously wrong with his research.Further,if you believe that rejecting Quran is disbelief ,then I would say that rejecting entire Sunnah also amounts to the same.

Actually this is an interesting question i hope you might happen to know the answer to, in the Holy Quran does Allah Swt indicate that we must worship him and act to the best of our ability applying our logical thinking and intellect to enter paradise or does He say that only the ones who understand the laws correctly will enter paradise (whether they understood correctly by luck or just believeing this is the correct way), meaning that Muslims who followed incorrect laws even though they researched and applied logic and reason will not make it to paradise?.

Many people including muslims are of the opinion that Allah sees only our actions and we will be excused for our beliefs.This is completely false according to the Quran.[Please see 25:23,14:18,88:3,3:19,3:85].According to the Quran,only those who combined the correct belief with the good actions are those who will be successful in the hereafter.The belief mentioned in the Quran is not merely the belief in God or the Quran,but it is in fact the belief in the Sharee'ah of the Prophet(pbuh).In my understanding,only those people will be successful who had the correct belief combined with the good actions.As for others,God will judge them taking into account their ability for searching for the Truth,their accessibility to alternative explanations,shortcomings due to their social,family environments and numerous other factors.But God's judgement will be true and fair.

May the peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Mohammed and his companions.May Allah help us to follow the path chosen by Him.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
61 62
Next page >>
Page 5 of 62

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker