Next page >>
Page 2 of 29

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, February 1, 2007  -  8:37 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Brother I can not find who said so and in which contex.

you will find out soon Insha Allah.

quote:

very hard for me to say any thing on..."When you unite with the Beloved (God)"

Yes. Sufis are wrong and you are right. A created thing is not going to unite with the creator.
quote:

how we wish to take God, Like Father or like Boss this entirely upto us.

Neither of the two. He will not do any injustice. Whereas a boss or a father is human, and to err is human. So dont comapare Allah with anything created by Him.
quote:

So the kind of fear you are talking of, is

The answer to this is in the Qur'an itself. In Islaam however, no worship is complete without the presence of all three qualities:

love of Allah, hope in His Mercy and fear of His Punishment.

Contemplate the opening Soorah of the Qur'aan - Soorah al-Faatihah - and you will see this for yourself. For purpose of brevity I do not quote Ayats 1 and 2.

Aayah 3: “King/Master of the Day of Judgement.”

When we recite this aayah, we remind ourselves of the Day of Judgement - that awful Day, when all of humanity shall stand before Allah … naked, uncircumcised and barefooted. People will appear drunk though they are not. On that Day, every person will stand before Allah and account for his sins, knowing that not even the smallest action which he did is hidden from Allah:

“So whosoever does good equal to the weight of an atom, shall see it. And whosoever does evil equal to the weight of an atom shall see it.” [Soorah 99 : 7-8]

So when we recite this third aayah of Soorah al-Faatihah, we remind ourselves of this Judgement and accountability and that should bring about in us a sense of fear - that maybe our evil actions will be too great and we will be responsible for them - May Allah protect us from such a fate. Then the next verse goes on to say:

“You alone we worship.”

i.e. we single out Allah for our worship. And how do we worship Him? With LOVE, HOPE and FEAR. And in order to achieve these qualities, we need Allah’s assistance, so we say then,

“We seek Your Aid.”
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, February 2, 2007  -  7:03 AM Reply with quote
Quote:-Yes. Sufis are wrong and you are right. A created thing is not going to unite with the creator.

Unite means to have link with Creator and to have this link with Him,we need the knowledge and a teacher who could help us to create such a link.The following verses of Quran shades some light on after having this link with Allah, how He help us.

Allah, the Exalted, says:
"O you who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared". (3:102)

"So, keep your duty to Allah and fear Him as much as you can...'' (64:16)
This second Verse explains the meaning of the first one.

"O you who believe! Keep your duty to Allah and fear Him, and speak (always) the truth". (33:70)

"... And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine...'' (65:2,3)

"If you obey and fear Allah, He will grant you Furqan [(a criterion to judge between right and wrong), or (Makhraj, i.e., a way for you to get out from every difficulty)], and will expiate for you your sins, and forgive you; and Allah is the Owner of the great bounty". (8:29)

Quote:-Neither of the two. He will not do any injustice. Whereas a boss or a father is human, and to err is human. So dont comapare Allah with anything created by Him.

If we are hoping for justice from our Lord then it will be big mistake.I am not comparing to them with Allah but through the example only trying to make understand my point.

Brother please see the follwing link, a very good article on Fear of Allah.

http://www.tasawwuf.org/writings/sermons/fear_of_allah.htm
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, February 2, 2007  -  8:55 AM Reply with quote
quote:

If we are hoping for justice from our Lord then it will be big mistake.
ASTAGFIRULLAH. What do you mean?
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, February 2, 2007  -  10:37 AM Reply with quote
If Allah did Justice with us so we all will be loser in the hereafter.I think we are not fully aware of our deeds.So we must always ask forgiveness and His Mercy for us and not Justice.

Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet said, "Do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately, and receive good news because one's good deeds will not make him enter Paradise." They asked, "Even you, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "Even I, unless and until Allah bestows His pardon and mercy on me." (Sahih Bukhari Book #76, Hadith #474)
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 3, 2007  -  6:39 AM Reply with quote
Brother Osmani ,

What do u want to prove that Suffism is a part of Islam?

Has this word been used in Quran and any saying of Prophet (PBUH).

Please do not go in detail , just give answer of my query.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 3, 2007  -  6:56 AM Reply with quote
Brother Khaled

The word "Namaz" also never been used in Quran and ahadith.So its not mean that Namaz has nothing to do with our deen.

I have provided a link of an article in mine first post of this thread.Spare some time to read this article.Its all explained through Quran and authantic ahadith regarding Suffism.Read it pls.then if you have any qurry,I will try to explained it.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, February 3, 2007  -  7:11 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Spare some time to read this article.Its all explained through Quran and authantic ahadith regarding Suffism.

Read it pls.then if you have any qurry,I will try to explained it..
After reading your article I had posted some questions on page 1 itself. Please see and reply.
aboosait INDIA Posted - Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 2:50 AM

quote:

The word "Namaz" also never been used in Quran and ahadith.So its not mean that Namaz has nothing to do with our deen.
Qur'an was not revealed in Urdu.
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 3, 2007  -  7:33 AM Reply with quote
What is need of synchronization of Islam with Sufism.

If you are right then all concepts come from Sufism like we are part of God and in order to amalgamate with him , we need to worship up to SHARIYAT level .What is this.Is it separate from Sufism?

The Words and beliefs of Quran & Sunnah are not enough so that we need to wear new meanings to Sufi Concept ?

Please read below link :

http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=410
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 3, 2007  -  8:16 AM Reply with quote
Brother Khaled

If I am wrong any where please show me.Yes there are some people whom self generated beliefs have caused to keep away people from the actual sufism.

Any act of some one which is not accoding to Quran and Sunnah,has nothing to do with Sufism.Have a look on the following which I have copied from the article which shows how Tasawwuf help us to know ours short comings in daily life.If you will ponder after reading it than you will know it is not the only one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say: ‘I do not possess benefit for myself or harm, except as Allah wills’" (Koran 7:188),

yet we tend to rely on ourselves and our plans, in obliviousness to the facts of ‘Aqida that ourselves and our plans have no effect, that Allah alone brings about effects.

If you want to test yourself on this, the next time you contact someone with good connections whose help is critical to you, take a look at your heart at the moment you ask him to put in a good word for you with someone, and see whom you are relying upon. If you are like most of us, Allah is not at the forefront of your thoughts, despite the fact that He alone is controlling the outcome. Isn’t this a lapse in your ‘Aqida, or, at the very least, in your certainty?

Tasawwuf corrects such shortcomings by step-by-step increasing the Muslim’s certainty in Allah. The two central means of Tasawwuf in attaining the conviction demanded by ‘Aqida are mudhakara, or learning the traditional tenets of Islamic faith, and dhikr, deepening one’s certainty in them by remembrance of Allah. It is part of our faith that, in the words of the Koran in Surat al-Saffat,
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 3, 2007  -  9:19 AM Reply with quote
Quote:-Qur'an was not revealed in Urdu.

For your infornation Namaz is a percian word and not urdu and Sufism is an english termonology not arabic.
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 3, 2007  -  9:45 AM Reply with quote
Brother Osmani ,

I have read your posted link .The sum-up of this article is that Sufism has a separate definition than well-known sufism (Wehdautul-Shahood).

Yes , i further read on different articles that traditional scholars viewed Sufism from different angle.

But this is viewed by human .Why we need to resemble Islam with debatable term.This is my reservation in this regard.

We know only Islam and this is mentioned in Quran :

هُوَ الَّذِي بَعَثَ فِي الْأُمِّيِّينَ رَسُولًا مِّنْهُمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِهِ وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ وَيُعَلِّمُهُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ (2:62)

It is He who has sent among the unlettered a Messenger from amongst themselves who rehearses upon them His verses and purifies them and for this he instructs them in shari‘ah and in hikmah. (62:2)

So We need to concentrate on Shariyat and Hikmat in order to bow down to the will of Allah.

To defend Sufism(term) is a not service to Islam and not a real issue since this word had not been used by Allah and prophet (PBUH).

We should remain very simple and straight in presenting our Islam like it is revealed in Quran .

From last four centuries or so Sufism has different interpretations which is totally against the Touheed.Please read below link :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufism

There is no concern of SUFISM term with Islam because scholars used this term to define Islam for the people of their time.

Neither Quran discusses this term nor demands us to defend this for the cause of Islam.

I give you an example that on the name of jihad ,Islam is having defame in the world.Now this word is used in Quran , Sayings of Prophet(pbuh) in scores of place and very integral obligation for us.

Now it becomes a religious duty of our religious intelligentsia to defend this concept through correct interpretation.

I do not see such problem in Sufism that compel us to rise a voice.

If you see any problem in this angle , please present it.

May Allah guide us to right path.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 3, 2007  -  10:31 AM Reply with quote
Brother Khaled

Quote:-But this is viewed by human .Why we need to resemble Islam with debatable term.This is my reservation in this regard.

To me term is not that important than what actually its asking us to do.It must not be agaisnt the Quran and Sunnah.

Quote:-To defend Sufism(term) is a not service to Islam and not a real issue since this word had not been used by Allah and prophet (PBUH).

If you don’t like this term call it with the name of "lost practices of Islam" or any other term in which you have no problem.This is not a issue.

Quote:-We should remain very simple and straight in presenting our Islam like it is revealed in Quran .

That’s what this article is all about, it is presenting every thing from Quran and Sunnah.The only problem I can see is, we are not willing to follow that part of Quran and Sunnah which mentioned there.May be we are so weak to even think of that part of Quran and Sunnah which mentioned in this article, so forget about to practice it.

May Allah save us from rejecting His verces in the name of sufism.
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 3, 2007  -  11:39 AM Reply with quote
Brother Osmani ,

Could please cite me where i am rejecting quranic verses , please quote here .I will be really glad , if i am on mistake.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, February 3, 2007  -  3:11 PM Reply with quote
quote:

The only problem I can see is, we are not willing to follow that part of Quran and Sunnah which mentioned there.May be we are so weak to even think of that part of Quran and Sunnah which mentioned in this article, so forget about to practice it.

nice,here we go straight.

lets start with quran,
which part ,we are not willing to follow.
plz share one ,mentioned in the article.

wassalam
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, February 4, 2007  -  1:40 AM Reply with quote
Namaz is a percian word and not urdu and Sufism is an english termonology not arabic.

Is that so? Any proof?

What are the Arabic equivalents known to you for these words?

And thanks for the prompt reply.

Please dont forget that you have not replied to most of the questions raised by me in response to your previous posts.
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, February 5, 2007  -  7:33 AM Reply with quote
QUOTE: - Sufism is a host of ideas or disciplines which seek to enable a person to be closer to God through worship, glorifying God’s name and offering voluntary prayers as well as the remembrance of God’s name and attributes in all situations. It also aims, through the same actions, to purify one’s soul and weaken one’s worldly desires. It can be safely said that under Sufism people seek to win God’s pleasure without having to fight for God’s cause.

It is true.

In general the sufi-ism gives the lesson to purify one’s soul and weaken one’s worldly desires. So their prime trainings is Tazkia-e-nafs which is the base of Islam. But like some Muslims, by their acts, are defaming Islam, similarly are dong some sufi groups but we can not blame sufi-ism in general. I think, after the companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) it is the sufi-ism, which spreaded Islam in whole of the world.

QUOTE: - The answer to this is in the Qur'an itself. In Islaam however, no worship is complete without the presence of all three qualities: love of Allah, hope in His Mercy and fear of His Punishment.

Sufi-ism is laden with all these three qualities.

Edited by: Loveall on Monday, February 05, 2007 8:17 AM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next page >>
Page 2 of 29

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker