11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next page >>
Page 3 of 17

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
oosman

USA
Posted - Thursday, March 30, 2006  -  1:30 AM Reply with quote
Quote: But if they repent & perform "As-Salat" (Iqamat-as-Salat), & give Zakat, then leave there way free. (9:5)

This should not be used to enforce the establishment of salat by the state, as that would be a gross mis-interpretation.

The above directive is not a complete verse and you need to know that this verse refers to the mushrikeen of a certain time - not to contemporary Muslims. If you read the first part of the sura, it will make sense.

During and/or around 9AH when almost 1/3rd Arabia was under Islamic influence, and was spreading rapidly after the peace treaty of Sulah-Hudaibiya, the enemies of the prophet were getting more and more frustrated and jealous. After conquest of Mecca, there were still many angry mushriks in Mecca who kept on plotting against Muslims. Some of them used a masjid as a meeting place to scheme and make strategies on how to prevent Muslims from going on Ghuzwa-e-Tabuk against Romans. The prophet sent Ali and Abu-Bakr (rta) to Mecca (from Medina) with this order (that after the 4 month of respite, no mushrik will be spared). The prophet later burned down the house of one of the mushriks in Mecca and destroyed their masjid where they used to plot. The four sacred months was a time given to mushriks to either accept Islam or get out of the Arabian peninsula. The tactics of the hypocrites had become well known after the mission of Tabuk, and they had been identified as those who were not willing to do jihaad against the Roman threat despite being able to do so, or those who stopped other Muslims from going on the expedition. After Mecca's conquest there was no room for 'shirk' or those who practised it or did any kind of idol worship in and around the Kaaba. This order gave them four months to either accept Islam completely or get out of the country. They were not welcome any more. They had opposed the prophet on many fronts for so long, and now they had been defeated. This was their chance to either reform or leave.

The reference to the 'four sacred months' should make it clear that these verses refer to a specific time period and people.
Nauman

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, March 31, 2006  -  12:08 PM Reply with quote
Thank for the reply Osman. I also believe the same.

There is another verse that is often used to compel the individual to offer the Salah, especially in mosque.

Those who, if We grant them authority in this land, will establish regular prayers and pay zakat and enjoin what is virtuous and forbid what is evil. [22:41]

Here some people say that it is the duty of the state to see that every individual should offer his prayers; especially in mosque.

I wonder how do you see this verse.
oosman

USA
Posted - Friday, March 31, 2006  -  7:17 PM Reply with quote
They can force people to offer prayer in mosque, people will come half-heartedly without faith, most likely such individual's prayers will not be accepted, but that is up to Allah (swt).

The other situation where people come to offer prayer with free will. They have more devotion and love, and they are like brothers.

You can decide which one is better.

The difference between angel and man that makes man the superior of the two is that angel is pre-programmed to offer salat, while man does so with no one forcing him. If you take away that then you take away the superiority of man.

And Allah knows best.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, April 1, 2006  -  4:09 AM Reply with quote
Superior could be only those men who offer salat,One who did not offer salat how could be he superior?
oosman

USA
Posted - Saturday, April 1, 2006  -  1:31 PM Reply with quote
Why not, when Allah can admit a prostituite into Paradise because she used her shoe to get water from a well and quench the thirst of a dog, when Allah can admit a man to paradise who did wrong all his life and asked his sons to bury parts of his body at different corners of the Earth because he feared God would bring him back and question him for his bad life (he had fear of Allah), and there are so many such examples in hadith literature where people did many wrongs but were accepted in Paradise. Allah has given humans something that angels do not have, that is why humans are superior to angels (humans are ashraf-ul-mukhlooqat).
Nauman

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, April 1, 2006  -  6:59 PM Reply with quote
There are some questions I feel unanswered.

1) Does Shari`ah allows the state to legislate a law and punish the people in this regard, through mutual consultation?
2) If the state decides only to declare those who do not offer Salah as non-Muslims; what right these people lose in this regards?
3) After he is declared a non Muslim, does he now has no obligation to fulfill any duties in respect of being a Muslim i.e. does now he has a right to drink; if drinking is allowed by the state for non Muslims?
oosman

USA
Posted - Sunday, April 2, 2006  -  1:07 PM Reply with quote
I do not know the answers to your questions, but I do not one thing that Allah (SWT) says:

Quran 2.256. There is no compulsion in religion.

I understand there are many interpretations of this verse, one being it only applies to non-muslims but not to muslims who must be forced to follow their faith, etc, but I don't agree with those interpretations. To me the above verse is a beautiful statement of human rights for all mankind for all time.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, April 3, 2006  -  6:56 AM Reply with quote
What about those men and women whom will go to hell and will remain there for ever.Are they also Superior being the humen than angles?
Nauman

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, April 3, 2006  -  8:15 PM Reply with quote
Quote: I do not know the answers to your questions.

I appreciate your honesty.
oosman

USA
Posted - Monday, April 3, 2006  -  8:59 PM Reply with quote
quote:

What about those men and women whom will go to hell and will remain there for ever.Are they also Superior being the humen than angles?

Mr usmani790,
Please refer to Sura At-Tin:

Verily, We created man of the best stature (mould),
Then We reduced him to the lowest of the low,
Save those who believe and do righteous deeds, then they shall have a reward without end.

I hope this answers your question.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, April 4, 2006  -  12:43 PM Reply with quote
Allah will save those who believe and do righteious deeds.

Righteious deeds are count less but as far as the Namaz is,I think this must be on the top.As we know the saying of Prophet(pbuh) that first thing would be asked by Allah on the day of Judgement is Namaz.

May Allah give us strength so we performed Namaz Regularly.
oosman

USA
Posted - Tuesday, April 4, 2006  -  1:39 PM Reply with quote
Inshallah may we all have the tawfiq.

quote:

As we know the saying of Prophet(pbuh) that first thing would be asked by Allah on the day of Judgement is Namaz.

I think the importance of Namaz is overexagerated. Also is the namaz same thing as salat?

I read in Ihya-ulum-uddin by Imam Ghazali, there more important things than salat. For e.g. he writes, once the prophet was approaching two groups of people, one was performing salat, the other was listening to a lecture from a teacher. The prophet (saw) preferred to go to the group who was learning. The Imam used this to emphasize the importance of learning and ilm over salat.

And Allah knows best.
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, April 4, 2006  -  3:15 PM Reply with quote
QUOTE: - I think the importance of Namaz is overexagerated.

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
[2.1] Alif Lam Mim. [2.2] This Book, there is no doubt in it, is a guide to
those who guard (against evil). [2.3] Those who believe in the unseen and KEEP UP PRAYER (Aqeemu-salat)………
I quoted these verses because of the BEGINNING OF QURAN and the IMPORTANCE OF SALAT. In addition there are many more verses about salat.

QUOTE: - Also is the namaz same thing as salat?

Hayya Al-salat (come towards salat)- Adhan. So I think salat is same thing, which we call it as Namaz.
oosman

USA
Posted - Tuesday, April 4, 2006  -  8:04 PM Reply with quote
I agree with you.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, April 5, 2006  -  12:33 PM Reply with quote
Brother Oosman

Quote-once the prophet was approaching two groups of people, one was performing salat, and the other was listening to a lecture from a teacher. The prophet (saw) preferred to go to the group who was learning. The Imam used this to emphasize the importance of learning and ilm over salat.

Reply: - Brother you are mistaken here. Above stated Salat should be Nafil Salat(Additional Salat that can be performed as much one desires).

What we are talking about is the Fard Salat (2+4+4+3+4).
This salat one have to perform five times a day without failure. If one is travelling still no excuse for it but salat shorten to Two Rakat only. (The details can be found out). If a person sick stills no excuse, if can't stand, just sit and pray. If even can not sit, still no excuse. Lay down and pray(The method of praying is different).
If participation in Jihad still no excuse (The method of praying is different).

The only exception if for the person who is not in his sences. I am hoping that it should be clear to you brother Oosman now.
oosman

USA
Posted - Wednesday, April 5, 2006  -  1:08 PM Reply with quote
Yes, I was talking about nafl salat.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next page >>
Page 3 of 17

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker