Next page >>
Page 15 of 17

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, August 10, 2006  -  2:36 PM Reply with quote
Salam,

Question by loveall: By the way, what is the evidence (Holy Quran or Ahadith) of the said relaxation or curtailment of the prayers from 50 to 5?

Answer by tilawat: For your information all Islam was originally communicated orally to unlettered (Ummi) Arabs via the angel, Jibraaeel, and the prophet. Presenting it in a book form was a later innovation, a biddat you may call. Even the word 'Namaz' is a pagan term introduced by the mullah for his professional considerations.

Your answer is not correct. Also please learn the definition of biddat and the others.

The correct answer is as under,

Sahi Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 227:

Narrated Abbas bin Malik:

The Hadith contains the full detail of “Miraj” of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) but only the relevant portion is enclosed herewith.

So when I went (over the seventh heaven), there I saw Abraham. Gabriel said (to me), 'This is your father; pay your greetings to him.' So I greeted him and he returned the greetings to me and said, 'You are welcomed, O pious son and pious Prophet.' Then I was made to ascend to Sidrat-ul-Muntaha (i.e. the Lote Tree of the utmost boundary) Behold! Its fruits were like the jars of Hajr (i.e. a place near Medina) and its leaves were as big as the ears of elephants. Gabriel said, 'This is the Lote Tree of the utmost boundary). Behold! There ran four rivers, two were hidden and two were visible, I asked, 'What are these two kinds of rivers, O Gabriel?' He replied,' As for the hidden rivers, they are two rivers in Paradise and the visible rivers are the Nile and the Euphrates.'

Then Al-Bait-ul-Ma'mur (i.e. the Sacred House) was shown to me and a container full of wine and another full of milk and a third full of honey were brought to me. I took the milk. Gabriel remarked, 'This is the Islamic religion which you and your followers are following.' Then the prayers were enjoined on me: They were FIFTY PRAYERS A DAY. When I returned, I PASSED BY MOSES WHO ASKED (me), 'What have you been ordered to do?' I replied, 'I have been ordered to offer fifty prayers a day.' Moses said, 'Your followers cannot bear fifty prayers a day, and by Allah, I have tested people before you, and I have tried my level best with Bani Israel (in vain). Go back to your Lord and ask for reduction to lessen your followers' burden.' So I went back, and Allah reduced ten prayers for me. Then again I came to Moses, but he repeated the same as he had said before. Then again I went back to Allah and He reduced ten more prayers. When I came back to Moses he said the same, I went back to Allah and He ordered me to observe ten prayers a day. When I came back to Moses, he repeated the same advice, so I went back to Allah and was ordered to observe five prayers a day.

When I came back to Moses, he said, 'What have you been ordered?' I replied, 'I have been ordered to observe five prayers a day.' He said, 'Your followers cannot bear five prayers a day, and no doubt, I have got an experience of the people before you, and I have tried my level best with Bani Israel, so go back to your Lord and ask for reduction to lessen your follower's burden.' I said, 'I have requested so much of my Lord that I feel ashamed, but I am satisfied now and surrender to Allah's Order.' When I left, I heard a voice saying, 'I have passed My Order and have lessened the burden of My Worshipers." These are five prayers and they are all (equal to) fifty (in reward) for My Word does not change'."

SOURCE: www.islamdoor.com
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, August 11, 2006  -  5:26 AM Reply with quote
Thank you dear Rakhtal.

A question however arises why Moses had so much sympathy for the umma of the prophet when his umma to day is massacring the Muslim umma in Lebnan?

Again, should we not follow the desire both of Moses of Mehboobe Khuda who were equally desirous of saving Muslim umma from the drudgery of namaz as much as possible?
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, August 12, 2006  -  6:18 AM Reply with quote
A correction!

The second para of my post above, may please be read as hereunder:
'Again, should we not follow the desire both of Moses and Muhammad (PBUH), Mehboobe Khuda, who were both equally desirous of saving Muslim umma from the drudgery of namaz as much as possible?'

The inconvenience is regretted.
abm19

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, August 17, 2006  -  11:36 AM Reply with quote
How much have importance of MIRAJ in Islam.

The Miraj is considered to be of great importance in hadeeth literature for this when GOD is supposed to have commanded the FIVE daily prayers. The orthodox doctrine is that the salat prayers were given to Muhammad during the Miraj-as alleged ascension to heaven and with the Angel Gabriel taught Muhammad(pbuh) how to perform prayers. This as we shall see is hearsay and conjecture yet it is propounded by religious ;Scholars’ and held sacred by those who are totally ignorant of the Qur’an’s message.

The gossip of ‘Miraj’ however, can only be found in the hadeeth and requires examination in order to verify its authenticity. Of the many books written on this subject “Isra & Miraj” by Abd-Allah Hajjaj(Dar Al Taqwa Ltd., London-1989) provides some interesting information. As an introduction to this book the publishers say “Isra & Miraj are lf great importance to all Muslim, for this is when Allah Almighty commanded FIVE daily prayers, one of the 5 pillars of Islam. Also Prophet Muhammad leading all the other Prophets in prayer shows that Islam is the fulfillment of perfection of mankind’s religious development and that he was the last and the greatest of Allah’s messengers”. Any person who is familiar with the Qur’an will immediately recognize that this goes against God’s command ‘not to make any distinction amongst his messengers, those who do that can fall into the category of DISBELIEVERS” Sura Nisa, Verse 150-152.

Usually, the incidence of Miraj is described vividly. In spite of that, many loopholes in the description remain. Usually, Muslims do not cast suspicion on such contradictions in the description. If you believe that this journey was indeed a physical journey, then you have to come up with some reasonable answers to the following questions. These questions are;

1. It is told that Burraq would not allow our prophet to ride him, till Gabriel scolded it. Did Allah(swt) send a special animal that would not do its duty till scolded.
2. How did all other prophets come to Jerusalem? Did they come in spiritual form or in physical form?
3. If the previous prophets came in physical form, what kind of transportation did they acquire? More Burraqs? Or only few large burraqs like jumbo jets? Remember that we are talking about 124,000(according to traditionslists) prophets.
4. We are told that Prophet's Burraq was tied to one corner of Masjidul Aqsa. Where did all other prophets tie their individual burraqs or their jumbo burraqs?
5. A gathering of such huge magnitude(if physically happened) is sure to cause much commotion in the area. Did the people of Jerusalem miss such a major gathering? Not even a single person noticed 124,000 prophets and 124,000 burraqs suddenly entering their small town of Jerusalem?
6. How big was the Aqsa Mosque at that time? Could it really hold 124,000 prophets? Football stadiums in this country can barely hold such large number of spectators.
7. If you say that, all the prophets came spiritually and none of them came physically, then why did our prophet Muhammad(PBUH) make a physical journey? He could also have reached there spiritually.
8. As we are told, our prophet then went to the heaven and several prominent prophets greeted him. We know that those prominent prophets also were in the congregational prayer at Jerusalem. How did they reach heaven before Muhammad (PBUH)? Another kind of transportation that is quicker than a Burraq? So you mean that Allah provided a slow Burraq to Muhammad (PBUH)?
9. Why did the gatekeepers enquire the identity of Gabriel and Muhammad(PBUH)? The angel gatekeepers did not recognize a major angel, the Gabriel? If the gatekeepers are so stupid or ill-informed, then they may not do a good job in protecting the heaven.
10. Allah(swt) had sent his special angel Gabriel and a special animal Burraq, to bring our prophet to the heaven. In such a special occasion, did Allah(swt) forget to instruct the gatekeepers about the very special guest? In this world, we usually send some body to the airport to pick the special guest up. Of course Miraj does not happen every day. In such a major event, the gatekeepers repeatedly insulted Gabriel and our prophet by asking their identity. Also, Allah(swt) probably did not install security systems where you could swipe your magnetic cards to enter, or let a scanner scan your finger prints, or a voice activated system that would recognize our prophet's voice.
11. What is the need of a gate in front of the heaven, any way? Who tries to trespass that such security is needed? Was it not possible for the Burraq to fly little higher and cross the wall without any interruption at the gates? Helicopters can do that.
12. Why did Gabriel stop at each gate? I thought his style is to pierce through the roof. Probably, the roof of heaven is made of a different grade of concrete that Gabriel would have hurt himself.
13. Allah(swt) has said that he resides close to our jugular vein. But this description says that Allah(swt) resides in the seventh heaven, behind a curtain. Does it not hit the fundamental understanding of Islam that Allah(swt) is omnipresent and without a physical body?
14. Allah(swt) said that " And know that Allah cometh in between a man and his heart" (8:24), and also " for we are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein (50:16)". If we subscribe to the story that Allah(swt) is stationed behind the curtain in the seventh heaven, then these two ayats are in serious question. Please also read ayats 2:115, 6:3. What do you want to believe? Allah's(swt) words in Quran or this story??
15. Why does Allah(swt) need so much of security? Is He not the most powerful? Is there a threat of a military coup from Iblees that Allah(swt) needs the security? Security guards of our presidents are usually physically stronger, swifter, and able than the presidents. So, Allah's 'body' guards are physically stronger than Allah(swt) that they could protect Allah(swt) in case of any assault?
16. Burraq is a winged animal little smaller than a horse. It flaps its special wing to cross long distances at a fast pace. Once it crossed the atmosphere, it really did not require the wings, as there is no air to flap his wings. At that time, did he transfer his rider to another kind of animal? Or probably he manages equally well without flapping the wings. I presume he carefully covered our prophet with his wings at that time, because it is terribly cold up in the atmosphere. He might also have saved extra air or oxygen inside his wings for our prophet's survival. Probably there was no need for extra air, as it happened too fast, before our prophet needed another breath of air.
17. We are repeatedly told that during our prophet's visit to the heaven, he was prescribed with 50 prayers a day and six months of sawm for his followers. Let's just think what fifty prayers a day will do to us. Out of 24 hours a day, we probably sleep 6-7 hours. That leaves us with 17-18 hours. We spend about two hours in eating, bathing, and other biological needs. That leaves us with about 15 -16 hours. If we have to pray fifty times in this time, then we have to pray about four times an hour. Well, then there is not much time left for other things to do. We do not have enough time to go to grocery. Well, we do not need to go, because every one in the grocery store is also praying fifty times a day. Actually, the grocery store is empty. Because, the farmers did not grow any crops this year as they were praying fifty times a day. Well, we do not need grocery that much, since we are also fasting six months!!
18. Who saved us from this difficult task of 50 prayers and six month of fasting? Musa (AS)? So, Musa (AS) was instigating our prophet against the initial commands of Allah(swt)? So, we believe that our prophet listened to the "advices" of Musa instead of "orders" from Allah(swt)? While Al-Quran says in 10:15, "if I were to disobey my Lord, I should myself fear the chastisement of a great day (to come)."
19. Our prophet had to make several trips to Allah to get all the reductions and discounts on prayers and fasting. When Musa(AS) "instigated" our prophet, did it take so long for Muhammad(PBUH) to realise the burden of so many prayers and such long fasting? Was our prophet so retarded? (May Allah forgive me).
20. Allah(swt) says that He is Rahman and Rahim. But I see that He wanted us to go through 50 prayers and 6 months of fasting. Not very Rahim, huh?
21. Only Musa (AS) had the real perception of the hardship of mankind. Neither Allah(swt) nor Muhammad (PBUH) had any clue! But again, Allah insists in Al-Quran 2:185, "…Allah intends every facility for you, He does not want to put you to difficulties…".
22. I thought heaven was very secure with all these gatekeepers. Did the security guards allow Musa(AS) to loiter around? Why did the gatekeepers allow Muhammad(PBUH) multiple revisits to Allah(swt)? Where was Gabriel at that time?
23. These days, many of us celebrate the incident of Isra and Miraj. Did our prophet celebrate this incident? Did his companions celebrate this incident? No?

Conclusion

If you think that this incident of Miraj occurred in vision or in dream, and the journey was spiritual in nature, then you will find very logical answers to all the questions that I posed. If you think the journey was indeed physical, then let me know what are the answers based on Quran. Do not just say that Allah (swt) is most powerful and He can do any thing. Yes, I agree that Allah (swt) is most powerful and He can indeed do anything, but you will agree that He does not do stupid things.
May Allah(swt) bless all the readers without limit in their effort in serving the cause of Islam. Also, may Allah(swt) forgive me for my mistakes, ignorance and wrong attitude and guide me in the right path.

ABM
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, August 18, 2006  -  12:52 AM Reply with quote
Very interesting but the belief systems, specially Islam, are all hear say, which can hardly countenance any play of logical and rational thinking, nay, even that of common sense. Though Quran exhorts you to think again and again, its pillars begin to shake the moment you begin to think. Just imagine, there is no mention in Quran of 'Namaz' (the corruption of 'Salat') or its 'parhana' (reading), being 'Farz' (obligatory), 'Satoon' (pillar), etc. but in 'Deene Mulla' whose bread depends upon all these cotraptions. What a publicity stunt it is to offer a bonus of 50 namaz for 5 and the Mullah would insist that all these should be performed behind him in his mosque. Why? When Allah's mosque is the entire face of earth?

Regards
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, August 18, 2006  -  5:23 AM Reply with quote
Quote:-When Allah's mosque is the entire face of earth?

I will appreciate if you could give me the the source of this information.

Thanks
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, August 19, 2006  -  4:13 AM Reply with quote
Dear Usmani 790

My source of information is Imam Ghazali's Book 'Ehyaulalloom (Urdu), vol. IV, page 742. The relevant portion's translation I reproduce hereunder:-

"The Prophet (PBUH) said,"Five things have been granted to me which were granted to none before me. One of these is that the earth has been made a mosque for me and its dust (khaak) a thing for cleansing (paak karne ki cheez). So there is no condition of any specific place for offering 'namaz' as the entire face of earth has been declared fit for prostration (Sajdahgaah)". (Bukhari and Muslim, barawait Jaabir)
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, August 20, 2006  -  3:38 PM Reply with quote
Salaam abm19

1.Brother you are getting far too logical to be taken seriousouly on this site. For most on this site cannot understand non-contradictory points.

2. You take the Quran far too seriously by practicing: Hearing, sound and intelligence and not accepting anything that you cannot verify for yourself. I dont understand why you are not like the majority and pay lip service to the Quran by saying of course you follow it and then simply ignore what the Quran actually says.

3. Please stop upsetting the majority by pointing out so many contradictions, why cant you simply close your mind and pretend that they dont exist-after all the humans have been corrupting Gods word since the very beginning so the majority are only following that well established tradition

4. I fear for you :Telling the truth and using logic will lead to people questioning you sanity

5. If you want to fit in with the majority then I would suggest: Irrational thought more contradictory the better (you can always explain it by saying Ah! but you dont get the full picture), Write something which the prophet forbade and then claim I think he changed his mind (no need to provide any evidence as this would be too logical), contradict the Quran and claim that the Quran only meant it for people for some people i.e those that are married or under 4 feet tall etc, go against the Quran by having prophet hirearchy and put some prophets above the others(whilst claiming you are doing no such thing).

I hope this helps
regards
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, August 22, 2006  -  9:39 AM Reply with quote
brother abm19
salam,

what do you have to say about these verses:

“Exalted is He (Allah) who took his bondsman (Muhammad) for a journey by night from Masjid-il-Haram (Ka’abah) to Masjid-il-Aqsa (the Mosque in Jerusalem), the neighbourhood whereof we have blessed, in order that we might show him our signs...” (17:1)

“One free from any defect in body and mind then He (?) rose and became stable, While he was in the highest part of the horizon. Then he approached and came closer and was at a distance of two bows length or (even) closer. So, He (Allah) revealed to his bondsman (Muhammad) whatever he revealed. The Prophet’s heart lied not in what he saw. Will you then dispute with him (Muhammad) about what he saw? And indeed, he (Muhammad) saw him at a second descent near Sidrat-ul-Muntaha. Near it is Paradise of Abode. When that covered the Sidrah, which did cover it, the sight (of Prophet Muhammad) turned not aside nor it transgressed beyond the limit. Indeed he (Muhammad) did see of the greatest signs of his Lord (Allah)”. (53:6-18)

The Qur’an in Surah Israa, in which the advent is mentioned, indicates the state in which the Prophet (Pbuh) was carried to his journey. It says; “... And we made not the vision which we showed you, but a trial for mankind..” (17:60)
The Qur’anic word for the vision is ‘Ru’ya’ which is different from a dream.
abm19

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, August 22, 2006  -  11:13 AM Reply with quote
Dear friend,

Have you any reply to my above 23 questions? If yes, then please give one by one.If you able to do that, then InshAllah I shall give my quranic reply to your questions.

ABM
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, August 23, 2006  -  7:27 AM Reply with quote
Dear Tilawat

Thank you brother for your information.It true that Muslims can pray any where in the earth.But certainly its better to pray in mosque than alone in our home.There are many ahadith in this regards.There is one from Sahih Bukhari.

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The congregational prayer of anyone amongst you is more than twenty (five or twenty seven) times in reward than his prayer in the market or in his house, for if he performs ablution completely and then goes to the mosque with the sole intention of performing the prayer, and nothing urges him to proceed to the mosque except the prayer, then, on every step which he takes towards the mosque, he will be raised one degree or one of his sins will be forgiven. The angels will keep on asking Allah's forgiveness and blessings for everyone of you so long as he keeps sitting at his praying place. The angels will say, 'O Allah, bless him! O Allah, be merciful to him!' as long as he does not do Hadath or a thing which gives trouble to the other." The Prophet further said, "One is regarded in prayer so long as one is waiting for the prayer." (Sahih Bukhari Book #34, Hadith #330)

Allah Hafiz
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, August 23, 2006  -  1:09 PM Reply with quote
dear freind,abm19,

You should agree with me that commonly agreed proof is a must for a serious discussion.e.g.
Quoting from Quran to a christian or followers of other religion is of no use becoz they dont belive this .

all of your questions can easily be answered if you believe in Hadith.But the case is different you dont believe those and therefore no use quoting Bukhari or Muslim as evidence of proof.

Simply speaking your questions are a part of this big question that whether we belive Hadith or not,and we are already discussing this in full length in another thread on this site.

We are lucky enough that at least one Book (Quran) is common proof of evidence among us.
This is why I quoted verses from Quran and tried to learn from you .
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, August 24, 2006  -  12:39 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Dear Tilawat

Thank you brother for your information.It true that Muslims can pray any where in the earth.But certainly its better to pray in mosque than alone in our home.There are many ahadith in this regards.There is one from Sahih Bukhari.

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The congregational prayer of anyone amongst you is more than twenty (five or twenty seven) times in reward than his prayer in the market or in his house, for if he performs ablution completely and then goes to the mosque with the sole intention of performing the prayer, and nothing urges him to proceed to the mosque except the prayer, then, on every step which he takes towards the mosque, he will be raised one degree or one of his sins will be forgiven. The angels will keep on asking Allah's forgiveness and blessings for everyone of you so long as he keeps sitting at his praying place. The angels will say, 'O Allah, bless him! O Allah, be merciful to him!' as long as he does not do Hadath or a thing which gives trouble to the other." The Prophet further said, "One is regarded in prayer so long as one is waiting for the prayer." (Sahih Bukhari Book #34, Hadith #330)

Allah Hafiz

Dear Usmani

Excuse me dear you are either a Mullah yourself or a promoter of Mullaism. By congregation you probably mean offering prayer behind a mullah in a mullah's mosque. Can't we have congregation in our home or anywhere else? Is a prfessional mullah whose deen according to Allama Iqbal is 'deene fassad' neceassy to lead a
prayer?

Again, there is a well known Hadees in Sunnan Abudawood which says (I quote it in Roman Urdu)," Hazoor ne farmaaya mein aakhri nabi hoon mere bahd koi nabi naheen aur meri masjid aakhri masjid he iske bahd koi masjid naheen".

Phir Taarikh gawah he kih Hazoor ne ek masjid girwaa di thi yih keh kar kih yih musalmanoon mein phoot ka baais bane gi. Zara sochie kia mullah masjadein jo mushroom ki tareh jagah jagah ug rahi hein, apne khoobsurat minaron ke saath bhianak loudspeakeron ke haar lie, yahi kaam naheen kar rahein. Yih unhein ki karni he kih ab usi mulk mein jise ham Islam ka Qilah kehte hein namaz musallah pehre mein parhi jaati he magar uske bawajood namazion ke parakhche urhte dekhe jaate hein. Afala tafaqarroon (Why don't you think)? This is what Quran aks you again and again.

(Excuse me I have mixed up English and Urdu)
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, August 24, 2006  -  5:34 AM Reply with quote
Dear Tilawat

Brother i have quoted you the hadith of bukhari (which considred the most athuantic book of ahadith) for going in mosque for congregational prayer.Its Prophet(pbuh) words not Mullah's.

You had also quoted a hadith to me in reply earlier.I am sure that not every Mullah will be like that as you thought they are.Find those people who lead the prayers and please don't call them Mullah rather call them with some other good name.I am telling you this because you have Mullah fobia.

I am aware of it that mosques some time insidents use to hepend.In Prophet(pbuh) time there were more fear compare to our time,but sahaba never stop praying in mosques.

If you will see the statistics,you will find that in the road accidents the nos. of peoples die in one day,are more than the nos. of people who die in mosque in one year in Pakistan.

Even after seeing these high nos. of death on roads we never stop traveling onto the roads than how can we produce this as an exuse for not praying in mosque.

Brother if you don't want pray in mosque for your own created reasons it up to you.But please don't try to prove that praying in mosque in not required by our deen.

Allah Hafiz

Edited by: usmani790 on Thursday, August 24, 2006 5:54 AM
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Thursday, August 31, 2006  -  3:25 PM Reply with quote
Israa’ and Mi`raj (Night Journey and Ascension) in soul only or in both body and soul

The eminent scholar Sheikh `Atiyyah Saqr, former head of Al-Azhar Fatwa Committee, states:

Scholars have differed as to whether the Prophet's journey of Al-Israa’ and Al-Mi`raj was in soul only or in both body and soul.

The majority of jurists, scholars of Hadith, and Muslim philosophers agreed that it was in both body and soul for many reasons.

First, according to Almighty Allah's words: (Glorified be He Who carried His servant by night from theInviolable Place of Worship to the Far Distant Place of Worship.) (Al-Israa’ 17: 1), He Almighty has referred to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as “His servant.” The word “servant” does not refer to one's soul only; it refers to the servant as a whole, body and soul.

This is similar to the word “slave” in Allah's words: (Hast thou seen him who dissuadeth a slave when he prayeth?) (Al-`Alaq 96: 9) and (And when the slave of Allah stood up in prayer to Him, they crowded on him, almost stifling.) (Al-Jinn 72: 19) The word “slave” in both these verses refers to the person in question as a whole, body and soul.

Second, had the Prophet's journey of Al-Israa’ and Al-Mi`raj been in soul only, it would not have been regarded as a miracle. It would have been then an ordinary dream. While sleeping, many people visit remote places and see extraordinary things without moving an inch from the places they are already in, and there is nothing extraordinary about that to other people.

Had the Prophet's journey of Al-Israa’ and Al-Mi`raj been a dream, Allah Almighty would not have mentioned it in the Qur'an in terms that express its being a miracle and extraordinary incident.

Third, Allah Almighty says about the journey of Al-Israa’ and Al-Mi`raj: (We appointed the vision which We showed thee as an ordeal for mankind.) (Al-Israa’ 17: 60). “Ordeal” here refers to its being a trial. Contemplating this, the journey would not be a trial unless it was in both body and soul. Had it been in soul only, there would not have been a trial or something extraordinary regarding it.

Besides, when the unbelievers knew about the journey of Al-Israa’ and Al-Mi`raj, they wondered how the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) could make it on one night, when they would make a similar journey in a month. [Why should they disbelieve it, if it were a mere dream?]

Fourth, it was Allah Almighty Who made His Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) have that journey, and, certainly, nothing is impossible for Allah Almighty to do; He Almighty is able to do all things. Hence, there is nothing that calls us to doubt the occurrence of the journey in both body and soul.

Those who say that the journey was in soul only cite as evidence for their view the Qur’anic verse: (We appointed the vision which We showed thee as an ordeal for mankind.) (Al-Israa’ 17: 60).

They believe that the vision (ru’ya) here refers to a dream, not to an actual seeing.

But this opinion is not wholly tenable, for ru’ya, lexically speaking, refers also to seeing with the eyes. Besides, according to Al-Bukhari, Ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) said, commenting on the verse in question, “The sights which the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) was shown on the Night Journey when he was taken to Jerusalem were actual sights, (not dreams).”

Those who are of the opinion that the journey was in soul only also cite as evidence for their view the Mother of the Believers `A’ishah's hadith: "The Prophet's sanctified body was not missing on the Night Journey.'

But this point is also refuted for the following reasons.

1. The hadith reported to have been said by `A’ishah is not an authentic one; there are missing and unknown reporters in its chain of narration.

2. `A’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) was not yet married to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) at the time of the journey. She might even not have been born then, if we take into account the controversy regarding the date of Al-Israa’ and Al-Mi`raj.

3. Her saying: "The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) did not see his Almighty Allah with his eye" indicates that she believed that the journey was in both body and soul. Had she thought that it was in soul only, she would not have said that.

4. Since the hadith ''The Prophet's sanctified body was not missing'' is not authentic, there is no need to attempt to explain it to mean that the journey was in both body and soul, for some say that the hadith indicates that his soul was not separated from his body.

Anyway, what we are required to believe with regard to Al-Israa’ and Al-Mi`raj is that it did take place, as Allah Almighty tells us in the Glorious Qur'an.

As for its being in soul only or in both body and soul, this is a controversial point that needs not to be tackled strictly. One can adopt either view, but one is to bear in mind at the same time that Allah Almighty is able to do everything and that the Prophets' visions, according to scholarly agreement, are true.
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, September 1, 2006  -  1:27 AM Reply with quote
Dear Usmani

You say "Brother if you don't want pray in mosque for your own created reasons it up to you.But please don't try to prove that praying in mosque in not required by our deen."

How did you assume this? What I was discussing was what is the definition of 'Masjid' (The word 'mosque' is a derogatory word used by the Christians)?

Quran describes four specific masjids - Masjid Haram, Masjid Taibah, Masjid Nabvi and Masjid Zaraar. In which category you place the Mullah Mosque when the entire face of earth has been declared as masjid for the Muslims. This was obviously done to prevent praying being used by Zaraari Mullah as a 'dhanda' (business) and thereby creating sectarian dissensions among the Mslims as they are doing today galore.

As for the deaths by accident, you should know that accident is something unexpected and unavoidable. But even then people do try to adopt the safest mode of travel available. I ask why should one go to a mullah mosque where both his life and deen are in danger instead of offering prayer in a safest place which can be none other but one's home. Why not make your home a masjid as desired by Allah. Why a professional Mullah is at all necessary for praying?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next page >>
Page 15 of 17

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker