1 2 3 4 5
Next page >>
Page 4 of 5

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, February 2, 2007  -  8:20 AM Reply with quote
Jaza’k Allah & Thank you very much brother waseem and hkhan for the kind help.
duaasiddique

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 24, 2007  -  6:35 AM Reply with quote
Assalamoalaikum Dr Henna!
Thanks for asking the confusion has been resolved alhamdolillah!
Dua
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, February 27, 2007  -  11:39 PM Reply with quote
w'alaykum assalam
you are welcome

best
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, May 28, 2007  -  10:54 PM Reply with quote
a message from a nice person:name has not been disclosed due to confidentiality but we felt we must share this info with our members and visitors-as this is sad and we all must think about the solutions to such problems-plus why we have such problems in our society...

'I'm extremely unhappy with a couple of things in my lifestyle - been trying so hard to change myself but often become helpless. Sometimes we are caught up in vicious circles and find no way to get out of them. One such circle in my life is the attraction towards opposite sex. The only solution to purposefully manage it, in my eye, is "marriage" which hasn't been feasible and still is not for so many reasons.

It's not strange why most of Pakistani men have turned into "beasts". Men reach the age of 25 to 30 years and still they cannot marry. More so, marriages often take place without properly researching whether partners are practically compatible or not. Such things make men paedophiles, rapists, gays and sick. Would you believe if I tell you that I've been physically abused by many old-aged Sufis that used to visit our house? Leave this, by my own uncles and cousins. Leave this also, by my own grandfather.

The point is that marriages need to be made easy and the final decision of accepting or rejecting must fully be given to the two partners. Sometimes parents say that they are giving "free will" but, behind the scene, constantly emotionally blackmailing the girl or the boy. If you believe me, I've been trying my best to marry for long. Each time I raised this points to my elders, they cursed me back with taunts like "Children don't even grow up and yell for marriage." A 20 above man is not grown up!! I understand the problems of parents too but, at least, there should be some guidance on how to control sexual needs and desires. No body talks about such things. For years, I thought that "masturbation" is a big sin and a person must regret a lot and repent for committing such an evil. Such information is often spread in the name of Religion.

I mean, you tie down a starving man completely then sometimes you show him the “forbidden fruits”. You know, a hungry lion eats its own cubs. Similarly, a hungry Pakistani man abuses his own brothers, sisters, cousins, grand-sons, grand-daughters, nephews and nieces. These things sound most horrible but, by God, I’m telling you the experiences that I’ve been a self victim or an eye witness of.

I have a Girlfriend from another country… I know it is wrong and I’m shameful in front of my God for this and I curse myself for this but still I think there’s no other alternative available to fulfil my needs and wants. If I deprive myself of such a relationship, I very well know that there’s a lot of probability that I would turn into a “beast” too.

There has been a lot of research in Abnormal Psychology and I can tell you that circumstances can easily turn any man into a paedophile, incest or gay etc. When, because of deprivation, man is obsessed by sexual thoughts, fantasies and (night time) dreams, believe me, they can practically take him so faraway.

I’m going through a very tough period in my life. My parents have lost trust in me and my closed relatives have left me alone. I’m very unsure about my future, career, marriage etc. etc. I don’t know whether I should go back to home from where I’ve had worse memories of my life. I don’t know whether I should marry my Girlfriend; there is a lot of family pressure against it and, also, there are many cultural conflicts between us. As far as marrying in the family is concerned, I’m a highly controversial figure in the family

Anyway, I should end this long post. I have discussed these things with you for the sake of knowledge dissemination and elicitation. Please do let me know about your suggestions and viewpoints if you want to convey them.'
shahidas

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 29, 2007  -  12:42 AM Reply with quote
very sad and heartbreaking but true story. i am sure this is not so rare but quite common especially in pakistan. in my humble knowledge and experience i think of the following solutions / suggestions
being the most lucky of humans born as a Muslim my advice to the brother is to turn towards God to find consolation and true guidance through prayers, there is no source bigger than Almighty to look up to in times of despair, and do not blame yourself for this especially what happened in childhood times.

Being abused as a child - the responsibility always lies towards all the scholars intellectuals and other people in authority who should know that these problems exist in our society and they should put pressure on Govt and sources like media, print and electronic media to educate people and advertise about the places and phone numbers where such children can have access. The schools should also be instructed to monitor children on individual basis as in most cases if a child is going through such a trauma in their lives it would definitaley have some external signs to alert the teacher. Could appoint a special psycologist for this specific need. Govt should have neighbourhood watch schemes where children who may not be going to school even if they are of school going ages can approach easily. The radio and tv should make people and children aware about the abuse and how it can be reported. Living in such age and having these problems still hidden and not highlighted is tragic, i think all the political parties and Ulmaas rather than worrying about gaining power should discuss these problems in parliament and find out solutions to eradicate them.
sibtil

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, May 30, 2007  -  4:56 PM Reply with quote
Quran- 2:286. Allah does not impose upon any soul a duty but to the extent of its ability:

Quran- 42:28. And Allah is He Who sends down the rain after they have despaired, and He unfolds His mercy; and He is the Guardian, the Praised One.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, June 1, 2007  -  8:27 AM Reply with quote
welcome to the SI forums sibtil thankyou 2 for the valuable advice which am sure will be helpful in this and similar cases

Edited by: hkhan on Friday, June 01, 2007 8:28 AM
sibtil

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, June 17, 2007  -  1:17 PM Reply with quote
Here are some relevant Hadiths.

Sahi Bukhari: Volume 007, Book 062, Hadith Number 003.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By 'Alqama : While I was with Abdullah, 'Uthman met him at Mina and said, "O Abu 'Abdur-Rahman ! I have something to say to you." So both of them went aside and 'Uthman said, "O Abu 'Abdur-Rah. man! Shall we marry you to a virgin who will make you remember your past days?" When 'Abdullah felt that he was not in need of that, he beckoned me (to join him) saying, "O 'Alqama!" Then I heard him saying (in reply to 'Uthman), "As you have said that, (I tell you that) the Prophet once said to us, 'O young people! Whoever among you is able to marry, should marry, and whoever is not able to marry, is recommended to fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power.

Sahi Bukhari: Volume 007, Book 062, Hadith Number 004.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By 'Abdullah : We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatever. So Allah's Apostle said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power."
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, July 5, 2007  -  11:13 PM Reply with quote
thnx sibtil. ypur advbice has been conveyed to the concerned. jzk
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, July 18, 2007  -  9:07 PM Reply with quote
Peace

As a member of LWV who is in support of this health care reform campaign, I encourage all Californians to attend these informative health care forums running in 365 cities across California. I also encourage citizens of other states to follow the Californians' lead and demand their senators to join the wagon.

"Health care for all, for life, for less"

WAH's goal is simple: the empowerment of the community & the betterment of humanity.

We wish you good health & energetic life

Seham El-Ansary
Executive Director, WAH
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS
“Because democracy is not a spectator sport”. www.lwvfnuc.org

Presents:
ONECARENOW - HEALTH CARE for ALL Forum
Wednesday July 18, 2007
Fremont Main Library-2400 Stevenson BlvdFremont, CA 94538
7:00—8:45 PM

Health care for all, for life, for less
The healthcare situation in California is truly deplorable. Over 7 million do not have insurance and many more are underinsured.

Guest Speakers:

* State Assembly member Alberto Torrico, co-author of Senate Bill 840—Single Payer Universal Healthcare—A Viable Remedy for California’s Sick Health Care System.
* Pat Snyder of the League of Women Voters of California
* Andrew McGuire, Executive Director of Health Care for All - California.

The League of Women Voters Fremont, Newark and Union City is participating in OneCareNow, a grass roots campaign to educate Californians about the state of Health Care in California and what can be done about it. The OneCareNow campaign is holding health care awareness activities in 365 cities throughout California in 2007. July 18, 2007 is the day devoted to Fremont, CA . The League will be passing out flyers in Fremont .

A summary of SB 840:

"SB 840, titled 'The California Health Insurance Reliability Act', authored by Senator Sheila Kuehl. This landmark legislation provides fiscally sound, affordable and comprehensive coverage via universal health insurance for all Californians."
‘The bill creates one plan and one public trust fund which pays all health care bills and collects all the monies already being spent on health care and insurance plans. When enacted, SB 840 replaces all health premiums, taxes, deductibles and co-payments now paid by employers, employees and individuals with one affordable premium paid to the public trust fund to save $8 billion dollars in the first year alone and over $350 billion over a ten year period.’

** For more information: http://www.onecarenow.org/sb840.htm
** Sign Universal, Affordable Health Care Petition in Support of Senate Bill 840:
http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/HCA_CA/signUp.jsp?key=1142&t=DefaultTemplate.dwt

We encourage the community to join us on July 18th, as we discuss the growing need for Health Care reform in our state.

Peace & Blessings,
Community Education Committee, WAH

WAH- World Alliance For Humanity. www.wahonline.org
** Mission: Building Harmonious Communities and One Peaceful World
** Educational, Cultural & Islamic Awareness, Civic Empowerment, Interfaith Outreach, and Community Bridge Building.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, September 5, 2007  -  6:20 AM Reply with quote
The WoW Show
(Wellbeing of Women)

WOW SHOW TICKETS ON SALE NOW

Saturday 15th September 2007, 10am-4pm

Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Regents Park, London NW1 4SP

Make sure Saturday the 15th September is marked in your diaries as Wellbeing of Women is hosting the WoW Show - the women’s health show that’s serious fun.

You can download a copy of the WoW Show brochure here.

The WoW Show brings together the worlds of fitness and medicine (and a little bit more) - offering everything from a relaxing massage to serious advice from recognised medical experts.

The WoW Show provides information on all areas of women’s reproductive and gynaecological health, with particular emphasise on quality of life problems such as incontinence and period problems. Throughout the day we run several seminars giving sound advice and treatment for a variety of ‘women’s problems’.

HOW TO BOOK To book your tickets for the WoW Show, simply download our booking form here, print and return to us at: Wellbeing of Women FREEPOST LON12796 London NW1 2YQ

For further details ps the Link:

http://www.wellbeingofwomen.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=336
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, October 31, 2007  -  7:04 AM Reply with quote
Dear Sister
Every year I end up with terrible colds in winter which not only makes me miserable but also wastes my precious time in which I had planned so much. Is there something I can do in advance to avoid this happening to me again this year.
Jazakillah for your help.

Fighting Cold and flu with selected diet &prayers:

food containing proteins including sea food and food with lots of fresh greens as a natural source of vit C will save you many doctors' trips-and ofcourse your prayers along for good health to carry on ur good works
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, December 26, 2007  -  7:47 PM Reply with quote
Salam
I wanted to ask a question from you.
my sister and her husband are also trying for a baby. but in her husband's semen test, the motility of sperms is zero percent, means 100% immotile sperms. Although the sperms count and morphology is normal.
In a test before 1 month his active motile sperms were 20% but now they are zero. Is there any treatment for it? We are so worried about that. My sister is in Pakistan. If treatment possible can you tel any good male fertility doctors in pakistan?

i shall be waiting for your reply

w'assalam

your b.i.l. needs to consult a urologist in the area as he will need a checkup and further investigations..
following that he can be offered ICSI (intracellular sperm insemination) for pregnancy at rashid latif's infertility centre in lahore.
the treatment should be associated with the special prayer for the purpose as said by prophet zakaryyah a.s. (pbuh) rabbe la tazarni fardaww anta khairul war'eseen)(My Lord! plz do'nt leave me alone and you are the best of heirs )

best wishes for the couple

www.serving-humanity.net
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, December 30, 2007  -  10:57 AM Reply with quote
QUOTE: I read your article while researching SAA. (splenic artery aneurysm)and I have been looking for a doctor.

Though much late, a brief information is herby posted for the other readers who are interested any way in the subject.

Technically speaking, an aneurysm is defined as a dilatation of an artery more than double the lumen of the artery. Less than the double is called arterial ectasia not aneurysm.

The incidence of SAA is 400% more in the females than males and there is high risk of rupture in the pregnant women perhaps due the increased intra-abdominal pressure and increased fragility of the body tissues. Because of the high risk of the complications or rupture rate in the pregnant women, early the treatment should be done.

Treatment is indicated in the following cases.

1. The aneurysm associated with the symptoms like pain etc
2. The aneurysm more than two centimeters in diameter.
3. The aneurysm which are rapidly increasing diameter.
4. The aneurysm detected in women who are pregnant or of childbearing age.

In these modern days, the preferred method of treatment is some minimal invasive approach (causing minimum physical and psychological trauma) it is easily available now a days. These methods are endovascular embolization and stenting etc. These procedures don’t involve major anesthesia or the hospital stay. However these are more costly. If these minimal invasive procedures are difficult or contraindicated (according to site and size of the aneurysm) then laparoscopic or conventional (open) surgery are inevitable.

Such disorders involve the MULTI disciplines. I advise the patient to get check up by her local OBSTETRICIAN and the SURGEON then act on the advices accordingly. By the way, in general, if any one (mother or baby) is at risk then mother should be saved at the risk of the baby. Meanwhile control (before the definitive procedures) all the risk and aggravating factors like blood pressure and others must be done according to the advice of a PHYSICIAN to delay the complications to some extent.

If available, I want to know reason of doing the CAT scan which revealed SSA incidentally. By the way, I am wondered to know CAT scan done in the first trimester of pregnancy exposing the patient and the foetus to the hazardous radiations equal to those used in 400 X- Ray chests.
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, April 1, 2008  -  11:21 PM Reply with quote
[font=Arial Black]Asalam Aalaikum,

I have some questions about myself,actually I am doing night shift job from 09:00PM till 06:00AM and I wanted to ask some questions.

If I continue such job,will there be any negative impact on my health in future?

At present what I have seen is that I donot feel hungry between 01:00PM-3:00PM and I only feel sleep at around 03:00AM in the morning time and not before that.
I also have some tension of exam and I wanted to confirm am I having this problem because of the exam tension or it could also be because of my night shift job which disturb my normal routine?

I would deeply appreciate if a doctor in this thread help me.

Regards,
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, April 3, 2008  -  9:31 AM Reply with quote
If you are working regular shift pattern of 9pm-6am then the body should get used to it. In otherwords your body clock will function accordingly. I am not aware that it would produce any long term negative effects. Yo will anturally find that even on your day off you tend to have a similar pattern i.e unable to sleep at night.

If you are getting headaches then I would reccomend seeing a doctor face to face. ,whilst you can have tension headaches, it would be difficult to reassure you on the internet, it requires examination by a doctor.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5
Next page >>
Page 4 of 5

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker