Next page >>
Page 1 of 5

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Wednesday, March 14, 2007  -  9:24 AM Reply with quote
Issues pertaining to namaz

I would like to ask the views of my learned particpants on the following.

1. How do we define and explain sunnat i mokida, sunnat i gher mokida, nafal, farz namaz pertaing to namaz?

2. What do we think are the essential and accountable and mandatory rakaat in namaz?

3.Was namaz i tarawi offered in the time of prophet pbuh, what is its historical origin?

4. What is the literal definition of witr namaz. Is it essential? what is wajib namaz compared with farz and sunnat namaz.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, March 16, 2007  -  7:02 AM Reply with quote
here r my Short Answers Just to Start a +ve Discussion:
A1. It's a Term given by Fiqhi Scholors. According to my understanding, All Regular Additional (Nafal) actions of Prophet pbuh will Fall in the Category of "sunnat e muakkida" & irregular r called "sunnat i ghair muakkida", whereas Nafal Rak'aat r those that our prophet has NEVER offered while "Farz" are the Essential & Mandatory Ones for which One is accountable for.

A2. No .of Obligatory Rak'aat is: 2,4,4,3&4

A3. No, Holy Prophet NEVER offered any SUCH prayer. He always Offered his Tahajjud Prayer (that was Compulsory 4 him) & he offered it in ramadan too & according to some Ahadith, he Offered it w Jama'at for three continuous nights of Ramadan.
& In the Era of Hazrat Umar rta, He Advised People to Offer it in Ramadan in an ORGANISED manner led by an Imam instead of offering it Individually or in small Groups.
I'm Not sure when this Prayer was named as "Taraweeh"

A4. Witr means an ODD no. & when one wants to Finish the Tahajjud prayer S/He needs to make the No of Rak'aat an ODD number. So the Last 1/3/5 ... Rak'aat r Called "witr". Since it is a Part of Tahajjud prayer so its Status is Same as of Tahajjud is.

A5. Wajib is another Fiqhi Term & according to them Practically there is NO diff. between the TWO though some minor technical diff. is present.
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, March 16, 2007  -  9:20 AM Reply with quote
what is Qura'nic evidence??

Edited by: ibrahim on Saturday, March 17, 2007 5:42 AM
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, March 17, 2007  -  6:12 AM Reply with quote
We r Trying our Best to convey you All this v IMPORTANT point that:
in ALL "Sunan" (Practical matters of Islam) Muslim Ummah Does NOT need any EVIDENCE from Quran. they JUST need the "Ijmaa" (Consensus) & "Tawaatur" (continuity) JUST like they Need these TWO for the Whole Quran.

To understand the Above Point I wud like to Raise another Imp. Question & that is:

What is the proof with You People that the Quran that you HAVE in your Hands TODAY is the SAME Holy Quran that was Revealed to our Beloved prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?

Edited by: ibrahim on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:59 AM
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, March 18, 2007  -  9:05 AM Reply with quote
Anyhow, noble Qura’n is the only guideline. So what is the Qura’nic evidence to support your whim and the wishful thinking - "Ijmaa" (Consensus) & "Tawaatur" (continuity)?

Honestly, go through theMathematical Miracle of Qura’n, you will certainly find the answer.

If you are not WRONG, answer these questions.

1. If you believe in the wrong concept like "Tawaatur" (continuity) about the same copy of Qura’n, What is the criteria of authentication of it (Tawaatur)?

2. How you believe that the message to you conveyed today through "Tawaatur" (continuity) is the same as was more than 14 and a quarter centuries ago?

Edited by: ibrahim on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:04 AM
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, March 19, 2007  -  6:38 AM Reply with quote
Quote:-Honestly, go through theMathematical Miracle of Qura’n, you will certainly find the answer.

The word "Mathematical Miracle"never appear in Quran.Futher more the calculations of MM are also not found in Quran.It is a source which came from out side the Quran and man made.

So you believe in man made stuff and not just Quran?

Your qoute:-what is Qura'nic evidence??

If you yours self following man made stuff without any prove from Quran,why blaming others?
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, March 19, 2007  -  6:58 AM Reply with quote
Jazakallah Br Usmani
quote:

Anyhow, noble Qura’n is the only guideline. So what is the Qura’nic evidence to support your whim and the wishful thinking - "Ijmaa" (Consensus) & "Tawaatur" (continuity)?

So what is the evidence U pepole HAVE in support of your whim and the wishful thinking i.e. Qura’n is the ONLY guideline.
quote:

Honestly, go through theMathematical Miracle of Qura’n, you will certainly find the answer.

well this Mathematical Miracle of Qura’n is Invented by YOU people & it's NOT a GOD given. What HISTORICAL proof U people HAVE to CLAIM that this Quran is exactly the SAME that was Revealed to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?
quote:

If you are not WRONG, answer these questions.
1. If you believe in the wrong concept like "Tawaatur" (continuity) about the same copy of Qura’n, What is the criteria of authentication of it (Tawaatur)?
2. How you believe that the message to you conveyed today through "Tawaatur" (continuity) is the same as was more than 14 and a quarter centuries ago?

Ans of BOTH Q is SAME.
The concept of "Tawaatur" is NOT wrong as it's an Established Historical FACT & it does NOT NEED any "criteria of authentication".
If U r Really SERIOUS in understanding THIS ISSUE then Plzzzzzzzz. Join our Course "History of the Quran" (http://www.studying-islam.org/coursedetail.aspx?ccode=DLC/Q/2) & plzzz STUDY v Carefully its Last Module (no.5) & THEN critisize as Much as You can:

Contents of Module 5

2. Transmission of the Quran

Section I: Transmission of Texts

i. Person-to-Person Transmission
a. General Introduction
1. Information on Narrators
2. Continuity
3. Verbal Coincidence
b. Degree of Authenticity
ii. Generation-to-Generation Transmission
a. General Introduction
b. Degree of Authenticity

Section II: The Case of the Holy Quran

We Always WELCOME all Academic Criticism

Edited by: ibrahim on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:06 AM
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, March 20, 2007  -  7:20 AM Reply with quote
Linguistically fard means to decree, whilst in the Shari`a, it denotes that which is delineated in such a manner that no increase or decrease is possible. The command of a fard is communicated by a definite (qat`i) text wherein there is no ambiguity, clear and specific. To act upon it and to believe in it is binding. , Another distinction is that one who refuses to believe in a fard such as salah or zakah is rendered an unbeliever.

The term wajib, when used in a non-Shari` context, has the connotation of ‘necessary.Wajib means obligatory, as does fard, but according to the Hanafis, they are distinguished based upon the strength of the evidence they are established upon. The difference between the two is rooted theology. If one denies a fard, they are considered a kafir, but not so if they deny a wajib

Sunna mu`akkada (emphatic sunna) is an act upheld by the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) perpetually whilst letting it be known that its performance is not fard, such as the two rak`ahs before the fard of the fajr prayer and after zuhr, maghrib and `isha’. The abandonment of a sunna mu`akkada (emphatic sunna) is not punishable, but nevertheless the perpetrator will be reproached, because its omission would be tantamount to opposing that which the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) perpetuated.

The giving of non-obligatory charity for one who is capable, the four rak`ahs before `asr and `isha’ are sunna ghayr mu`akkada, namely, actions which the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) did not perform perpetually. It is also referred to as mustahab.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, March 20, 2007  -  7:29 AM Reply with quote
Assalaamu Alaykum brother Rakhtal

The Qur'an near its beginning states Zaa likal kitabu La raeba feeh. It is our belief that Allah endowed his prophets with different miracles,Moses pbuh had a staff, Eisa pbuh could heal the ill, the miracle for prophet pbuh was the Qur'an. The muslims believe that Allah has taken responsibility for the protection of the Qur'an.

Numericals do not prove the authencity of Qur'an. What about the belief of people who have died without this knoweldge of numericals and even today, who are not educated or educated enough. Are we saying that the true belief of Qur'an can only be had by those who understand and appreciate mathemetics.
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, March 26, 2007  -  6:45 PM Reply with quote
quote:

The word "Mathematical Miracle"never appear in Quran.Futher more the calculations of MM are also not found in Quran.It is a source which came from out side the Quran and man made.
So you believe in man made stuff and not just Quran?

Usmani, if you can not have access to the KNOWLEDGE, do not argue!!!
quote:

The concept of "Tawaatur" is NOT wrong as it's an Established Historical FACT & it does NOT NEED any "criteria of authentication".

Ibrahim,You are wrong!! You could not prove the basis of authentication of "Tawaatur". Any Twaatur is prone to a lot of errors.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 27, 2007  -  9:29 AM Reply with quote
Rakhtal, Plz GIVE me a SINGLE Example to Proof ur Statement that:

"Any Twaatur is prone to a lot of errors"
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 27, 2007  -  7:02 PM Reply with quote
Before you see a list of the example, explain the BASIS of authentication of any so called Tawaatur.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 27, 2007  -  8:46 PM Reply with quote
Quote:-Usmani, if you can not have access to the KNOWLEDGE, do not argue!!!

Which knowledge you are talking about,man made? or from God? please clerify?
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 27, 2007  -  9:00 PM Reply with quote
Isn't so called the process of Twaatur man-made, if you are so much curious?
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, March 28, 2007  -  4:49 AM Reply with quote
I am not denying it and have understanding that any of Prophet(pbuh) sayings came to us with twaatur and if it is for the following for ummah,so it is for me as important as Quran.

That what you are saying to us and asking for evidence from Quran.

If I am doing mistake by following another source beside Quran so your case is worst than mine.

I don't need any thing to believe in Quran that it is the same as was there in Prophet(pbuh) time.But you need to take help from Mathematical Miracle of Quran(the man made) to prove it.

I wish to ask one thing here, are you the same Rakhtal who used to support me in various forum? or you are a diffrent Rakhtal.

Regards,
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, March 28, 2007  -  6:14 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Before you see a list of the example, explain the BASIS of authentication of any so called Tawaatur.
Well, I've told you Earlier that "Tawaatur" needs NO authentication Bcoz there is Nothing MORE authentic in this World than a Tawaatur.
For Example How authentic is Quran in your Opinion? It's the Best Example of Tawaatur & in Fact All Examples of Tawaatur r as authentic as Quran is. That's Y I always ASK all people Like U, that if not VIA Tawaatur the How this 1428 yr OLD Quran has Reached in your Hands?
I wud Request that if U r Really Interested in understanig OUR point of View at LEAST, then plz plz plz Go thru the Above mentioned Module/Topic & then criticize on it. Thanks

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3 4 5
Next page >>
Page 1 of 5

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker