PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Thursday, August 31, 2006  -  6:41 PM Reply with quote
A New Concern For Biology Students

Edited by: Nida_e_Khair on Friday, October 13, 2023 10:09 PM
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, September 1, 2006  -  10:34 AM Reply with quote
salaam nida,

im quite shocked to learn what you are writing regarding your school, i can not comment about how things are taught in pakistan in schools but hijaab not allowed in a pakistani school, well thats ridiculous. british schools even allow hijaab, not only that they also allow you to wear uniform which can be very modest here. i admit jilbaba is not allowed but its not required seeing as you can buy unifrom as loose as you want or even in the pinaform long dress styles.maybe moderator Hkhan can answer your questions as she is a gynocologist and therfore has been a biology student. but can i ask do you not have all boys or all girls school there? if not being it a school in pakistan why isnt biology taught speratly? please get back to me as i am rather alarmed about all this.
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, September 2, 2006  -  2:39 PM Reply with quote
salaam sister, well im still scocked but have to touch up on my experience of lahore and islamabad, seeing as you mentioned dress sense over there.
i was in pakistan last year decided to go sightseeing as you do to see your beautiful country,. when i got to lahore ( i had heard alot about how people dress over there) well still i was dumbstruck i actully thought i was in uk,i saw girls wearing sleevless tops skin tight jeans (probably used vasselin to get into them), beautiful open hair for the world to admire and the reason i was shocked was because coming from a western country, i have to say most of the asian girls dont dress like that alot do but not all. here girls do wear jeans but its usually with half decent tops. but to go to a so called islamic country you do not expect to see this. girls were there in groups alone, chilling out likewise for the boys, and i have to say i was actully embarassed for these people.
i use to wear western clothes through out uni but have to say my clothes were always decent even though i wasnt a hijabi then. decency comes from within you dont buy decency when you go to buy your first hijaab or jilbab, so these people are not practicing, but where is the common decency gone?. men were luring after this women like the female population might go extint tommorrow and have to say the women were encouraging it just as much. im sorry i had better expectations of pakistan and was let down. so parts of pakistan like those i mentioned have moved on from the dark ages ( as villages are known to still be there) but what have they gained and lost in the process?. women and men can look more beautiful even when dressed modestly, i see young girls here with appropriate clothing and wearing hijaabs and it makes me so proud. dont these people from islamabad and lahore (not all ofcourse) know that you can be educated, have freedom, move with the times yet still be modest in the way you look?. moving with the times does not mean remove decency and respect for yourselves by flauntings your attributes. moving with the times means do everyting but in the context of islam represent pakistan as the islamic country it should be.

asian families here hav westernised in alot of ways ths is the price we are paying for bringing aur families into the western world, its heartrendering to see western women dressed more appropriate than some of the asain people here. we have picked up all the western culture im sorry to say, there is no excuse for such behaviour but you still can blame the country not entrley of course but what i would like to know is what is pakistans excuse?
Nauman

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, September 2, 2006  -  6:52 PM Reply with quote
As-Salaamu Alaikum Nida,

After reading this forum, now I cannot help myself asking you about what school do you go to?
lubnayasmin

SWEDEN
Posted - Thursday, September 7, 2006  -  4:00 PM Reply with quote
Asslamualikum. With the mercy of Allah, Its been two years I am giving lecture to the medical students (including male and female) about female reproductive systems and disease. Allhamdullillah I have not found any problem (which is against Islam) in giving and gaining knowledge in this regards. However the point of view is only gain knowledge and it never happend to me to look at the differents part of the male and female organ, Astagfirullah. Allah allow both man and woman to study and learn good things which will help you to follow right path. For me I want to say I already blind to see bad things and my eyes is open to exchange knowledge Allahmdullillah.
lubnayasmin

SWEDEN
Asslamualikum. With the mercy of Allah, Its been two years I am giving lecture to the medical students (including male and female) about female reproductive systems and disease. Allhamdullillah I have not found any problem (which is against Islam) in giving and gaining knowledge in this regards. However the point of view is only gain knowledge and it never happend to me to look at the differents part of the male and female organ, Astagfirullah. Allah allow both man and woman to study and learn good things which will help you to follow right path. For me I want to say I already blind to see bad things and my eyes is open to exchange knowledge Allahmdullillah.
lubnayasmin

SWEDEN
lubnayasmin

SWEDEN
Posted - Thursday, September 7, 2006  -  4:03 PM Reply with quote
I am extreamly sorry and apolozise, I don't know how my reply goes for 3x
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, September 7, 2006  -  10:43 PM Reply with quote
salaam lubna,
i emailed you some time back but havent herd from you i hope you are ok by the blessing of Allah SWT
lubnayasmin

SWEDEN
Posted - Friday, September 8, 2006  -  10:48 AM Reply with quote
dear Sahira, assalamualikum, I reply you back but I wonder why didn't you get it, I am sending right now, please accept my apology
Nauman

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, September 9, 2006  -  4:21 PM Reply with quote
Dear Nida,

Quote: I really want to tell you the name of this stupid school but I guess that'll be betrayal on my part.

No problem. I hope it is not in Karachi.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, September 13, 2006  -  9:30 AM Reply with quote
its also a degree of iman to feel bad about bad things and certainly you have that.
we are not going to be questioned on the day of judgement for the issues which is beyond our limit and changing the entire environment of your college is definitely beyond your limit.
All you can do is to keep on praying for good,discussing with your classmates about it and concentrate on your studies only.

Edited by: raushan on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 12:50 PM
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, September 13, 2006  -  10:43 AM Reply with quote
Quote:-we are not going to be questioned on the day of judgement for the issues which is beyond our limit and changing the entire environment of your college is definitely beyond your limit.

Reply:-What about changing the School.I hope that it won't be difficult if she ask her parent.

I don't know what is the inside story but I am really shocked.It Islamic Republic of Pakistan,one can find hundreds of school where the girls are wearing Hijaab.
Why can't find such a school and study there?rather studying in such a school.Is there in justification for that? you don't have give me but yes to God you have to.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, September 13, 2006  -  12:54 PM Reply with quote
changing one's college is really a tough task in the middle of the session and if this is a medical college then entrance tests are another hazard in this way.
Nauman

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, September 13, 2006  -  5:14 PM Reply with quote
Dear Nida,

Quote: Actually, it is in Karachi. Why?

I made this statement because I live in Karachi too; keeping City School in my mind that is closest to my home.
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, September 24, 2006  -  3:45 AM Reply with quote
QUOTE: - Most of the biology books have full naked bodies of men and women, and when you're studying reproduction, you have to glare at the different parts of the genitals just to get an idea of the structures. This is not correct. I don't think there's any need to 'look' at the genitals to get their structure. Just tell them where the different glands, etc. lie or where they're located. There's no point in showing the whole outline or shape of the penis and stuff. Remember, we're supposed to lower our gazes and guard our modesty.
QUOTE: - However the point of view is only gain knowledge and it never happend to me to look at the differents part of the male and female organ, Astagfirullah.
QUOTE: - I'm getting nightmares everyday. Any idea what my biology teacher tells us? She tells us to PICTURE the reproductive organs if we get stuck in the exam.

You are telling about the pictures or “Looking” the private parts but what is your opinion if the medical students (both boys and girls) have not only to look but “Palpate” too the private parts of the patients of even the opposite sexes? Suppose during examination of the inguinal or scrotal swellings, even the girls have to palate the naked testes and penis of the patient otherwise the examination is incomplete. Similarly the boys have to palpate the naked breasts of the female patients (even unmarried) otherwise the examination is incomplete. And if the examination is incomplete then surely knowledge about the patient’s problem is incomplete which results in failure of the proper learning and the treatment.

All over the world, I think, the number of the male gynecologists is more than that of the female ones and the number of the male general surgeons is more than that of the female ones. The male general surgeons deal with the diseases which are much more common in the females, like those of the breast, thyroid gland, gall bladder and the abdominal wall (para-umbilical and incisional hernias etc), veins (varicose veins), and with somewhat overlapping prevalence in the both sexes, the anal problems (haemorrhoids, fissures and fistulas) etc. So what is your opinion about the male gynecologists and the male general surgeons dealing with the problems common in the females?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3 4
Next page >>
Page 1 of 4

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker