Page 8 of 9

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, February 11, 2007  -  1:45 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Salaam all

It is difficult to respond three of you when I am not sure what your points really are but will try:

Usmani....Why exactly does God want to test us. What purpose will that serve. Since we are Gods creation by testing us is God trying to check how well we have been created?

God wants to test us because He wants to test us,thats it.

Me being replying the above answer should be acceptable, since I am a man of faith. I believe what is sent to us by God.

In your case,if you dont believe ,it is unacceptable as you are not a man of faith reject(God has created us for testing) it without proof.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, February 11, 2007  -  2:34 PM Reply with quote
quote:

.. It seems strange that overwhelming number of religious people tend to follow which ever faith they were born into.

It is more stranger that people rejecting a thing without proving it.

Edited by: raushan on Sunday, February 11, 2007 2:44 PM
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, February 11, 2007  -  2:42 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Salaam all

....Also it is no point quoting from the Quran, unles it has some scientific, philosophical or logical point, to someone who does not believe that the Quran is from God...

By the same analogy ,Also it is no point discussing God with someone who dont believe in it.

One other thing, as athiest know and hate, a believer never hesitated in quoting from the quran or the hadith.In the same way the athiest shouldn't hesitate to quote from their books either. And then let we believer decide whether I want to believe in them or not.

A faithful quotes quran because he/she believes its perfect truth.The same is not true with athiest,they dont have the same degree of acceptence about their books of proof,isnt it?
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, February 11, 2007  -  3:20 PM Reply with quote
Salaam raushan

No disrespect my friend. From your posting, it is obvious to me, you have no idea what I am trying to discuss. Therefore discussing anything with you on this topic is bit pointless.
regards
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, February 11, 2007  -  3:33 PM Reply with quote
Sorry i forgot to add this

quote:

God wants to test us because He wants to test us,thats it.

I am not sure what is the purpose of your above answer. If you are unable to give an explanation why are you wasting your time?

quote:

Me being replying the above answer should be acceptable, since I am a man of faith. I believe what is sent to us by God.

Acceptable as what. Who on earth wants to know whether you are man of faith or not....what relevance has that got to do with the topic.
What you are saying is the evidence for flying saucers is that you believe in them and that should be sufficent. Well for you it may be but if you are trying to convince others you need bit more & if you are incapable of it then dont take part in discussion.

quote:

In your case,if you dont believe ,it is unacceptable as you are not a man of faith reject(God has created us for testing) it without proof

Dont assume things simply because you cannot take part in a discussion beyond your own prejudices. Man of faith I am not so sure. Man of prejudices perhaps more likely.

regards
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, February 12, 2007  -  4:00 AM Reply with quote
Usmani....Why exactly does God want to test us. What purpose will that serve. Since we are Gods creation by testing us is God trying to check how well we have been created?

I belief that God has equipped us with all necessary things which require to have faith on God.Now once we have faith, the further test is that we should follow the path as shown by His Messenger.The knowledge He received from God and gave to us is some thing we can not have without the Messenger.

This is a temporary world for a certain period of time just for the test purpose only.After this test process will be completed so this world will have no purpose so it will be come to an end.Afterward God will create a new world which will be ever lasting.The result of the test will be announced and people will get there how good or bad they had performed in this world which was created just for test only.
salmant

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, February 12, 2007  -  9:13 AM Reply with quote
Loveall wrote: So, in other words you want to say, “If anyone DOES have the STRONGEST idea of others being the idol worshippers then ACTUALLY others are the idol worshippers” Isn’t it? If so, then your own logic seems to be quite poor.

Reply: I did not understand your point. Please explain.
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, February 12, 2007  -  10:16 PM Reply with quote
AOA

quote:

I belief that God has equipped us with all necessary things which require to have faith on God.

If we are all equipped to believe in God. Why is that some dont believe n God?

quote:

Now once we have faith, the further test is that we should follow the path as shown by His Messenger.

Even those that believe in God dont share the same path (or believe in the same path) so what is their defect or created this defect.
Even me and you, both claim to believe in same God but have differing belifs. Obviousouly each one of us believes that we are right....because I dont think you deliberately have false belief and vice versa but one of us mudt be wrong and why is that.
regards
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, February 13, 2007  -  2:09 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Even those that believe in God dont share the same path
This is because their concept of belief in God is just a belief in God's existance. But a True believer should believe not only in His existance but also believe in His Lordship, His Uluhiyat (right of worship) and in His names and Attributs.

1 - Belief In Allah’s Existence Allah’s existence is affirmed through Fitrah (the innate purity that Allah creates in every human being), the Mind, the Shari’ah (Islamic Law) and the senses.

2 - Belief In Allah’s Lordship This means to believe that Allah is the Lord, alone, and that He has no partners or helpers. The Rabb (Lord) is the One who Creates and Commands. There is no creator except Allah and there is no owner of the universe except Him. The Commandment and the Control is His.

3 - The Belief That He Is the ILAH: Allah is the Ilah, meaning He is the Worshipped One Who has no partners. This Ilah is worshipped with love and reverence.

4 - The Belief In Allah’s Names and Attributes. This belief requires accepting whatever Allah described of Himself in His Book or in the Sunnah of His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam).

For more on this please visit the following link:

http://www.ahya.org/amm/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=21
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, February 13, 2007  -  6:01 AM Reply with quote
Quote:-If we are all equipped to believe in God. Why is that some dont believe n God?

They are the actual blinds not the one who don’t have eyes.They have eyes but can not see, they have mind but can not think they have ears but can not listen they have heart but can not feel.They are the actual animals, may be worst than that.They are the people we should not hate but should have our all sympathy with them.We must thanks to Allah that just because of His mercy we are able to recognize Him other wise we have no such power.

Quote:-Even those that believe in God dont share the same path (or believe in the same path) so what is their defect or created this defect.

Using their intellect more than it needed.We need to let our heart dominate over our mind.Why our mind use to dominate? because our heart is become some what dirty.Untill we won’t clean our heart, mind will keep dominating and we will miss out the right path.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, February 13, 2007  -  6:48 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Salaam raushan

No disrespect my friend. From your posting, it is obvious to me, you have no idea what I am trying to discuss. Therefore discussing anything with you on this topic is bit pointless.
regards

I do have all my respect and good feelings for you my freind.
I agree ,may not have any idea what you are trying to discuss,but ll request you to guide me on the below posts ,at least to understand your "question" for the sake of my little knowledge.

wassalam
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, February 13, 2007  -  7:14 AM Reply with quote
quote:

AOA

... For me it has been the most difficult question to answer esp when discussing with those who do not believe in existance of God. Here are some simple points perhaps we could collectively discuss:

(1) God is all powerful....why not just reveal himself in a way that there is no doubt left in any ones mind..

The problem is that you need a simple ,clear cut statement in the response of a hypothetical (philosophical)question.

God indeed a subject of faith and related to religion,so the answer will definetly come from religious sources.Science has nothing to do with God or its existence (neither denies nor accepts)but it is insisted here that the answer must be scientific.So finding answers from newton or einstien will definitely be a futile excercise.Because its not their subject at all.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, February 13, 2007  -  7:40 AM Reply with quote
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) God is all powerful....why not just reveal himself in a way that there is no doubt left in any ones mind.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am really interested to know the "way"to prove anything in this world and that is sufficient to remoove doubts in everyone's mind.
One single example only.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, February 13, 2007  -  7:57 AM Reply with quote
There is a difference between a serious question and a trickery ,fake one to tease someone.

Below is a question ,ask your athiest freinds to try for a simple scientific reply,

why athiests are not a bigger moron than someone can think they really are?

Edited by: raushan on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 10:28 AM
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, February 13, 2007  -  11:24 AM Reply with quote
Salaam all

Thank you, three of you, for attempting to engage in this discussion. I must bow out at this stage. Not what I. envisaged (no criticism of anyone-my own fault).

quote:

I dont fully understand this. Are you saying the athesits are big morons?

Personally speaking I know people from extreme athesits to deeply religious people. However I dont know anyone who deliberately believes something which they consider to be wrong. The biggest morons i have come across are the ones who are convinced of their own righteousness and everyone else to be wrong.

regards
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, February 13, 2007  -  12:08 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

I dont fully understand this. Are you saying the athesits are big morons?

regards

NO,certainly not,what I am trying to say is that every question doesnt necessarily have an answer.

thanks

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Next page >>
Page 8 of 9

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker