Next page >>
Page 2 of 6

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, June 14, 2010  -  4:00 PM Reply with quote
quote:

.....The same method is used on larger scales at work places and other men dominated organizations, ...
The SIUK team leaders have proved that by depriving a selfless devoted and learned female doctor from carrying on her dawa activities as the moderator of their forum. Please suggest remedial measures.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, June 14, 2010  -  8:49 PM Reply with quote
Sir, there can be differences and sometimes remedial measures are taken in haste. We should wait and see what happens maybe a solution will arise, if not then we should unite for a stronger contingency plan ,but I still have faith in all these learned gentlemen.
So what qualities would you say a Muslim woman must possess.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, June 15, 2010  -  2:35 PM Reply with quote
has everyone seen the website the muslim woman? I dont know what you all think about it but I think it is a horrible website? on the front a burqa clad woman and then advertisements of half nude women , dating agencies, the articles are one sided yes but an eyeopener never the less. The icon in the top bar shows a woman with only eyes showing. Is this how the world sees us? Is this how we want to see ourselves some shapeless form with no identity?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, June 15, 2010  -  5:00 PM Reply with quote
quote:

.....So what qualities would you say a Muslim woman must possess......
A Muslim woman must be well educated. She must be wise and smart enough to be consulted by men in important matters.

Just ponder over the following Hadith we often hear our scholars quote:

quote:

When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) made a treaty (al-Hudaybiyah) with Quraysh and agreed to go back, and not enter Makkah that year, he said to his companions: “Get up and offer your sacrifices.” But not a single man among them got up, until he had said that three times. When no one got up, he entered upon Umm Salamah and told her what had happened with the people. Umm Salamah said: “O Prophet of Allaah, is that what you want? Go out and do not speak a word to any one of them until you have slaughtered your sacrifice and called your barber to shave your head.” When he did that, they got up and offered their sacrifices.
We learn an important lesson from this Hadith that men should consult their women before taking decisions.

Allah Subhanahu wa ta'alaa narrates the following instances in the Qur'an which also tell us about the benefits of consulting and taking the good advise of the women.
quote:

“And the wife of Fir‘awn (Pharaoh) said: ‘A comfort of the eye for me and for you. Kill him not, perhaps he may be of benefit to us, or we may adopt him as a son.’ And they perceived not (the result of that)”

[al-Qasas 28:9]
In the same soorah there is the story of the two women at the well of Midyan, and how one of them said to her father (interpretation of the meaning):
quote:

“ ‘O my father! Hire him! Verily, the best of men for you to hire is the strong, the trustworthy’”

[al-Qasas 28:26]
and what a great blessing this advice brought to her family!

Edited by: aboosait on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:02 PM
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, June 15, 2010  -  5:30 PM Reply with quote
Thank you sir now we have a list
1) Educated....... 2 votes
2) Strong value system
3) Wise and smart

need more input
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, June 15, 2010  -  6:53 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Thank you sir now we have a list
2) Strong value system
3) Wise and smart

need more input
Please add the following ten qualities of a woman highlighted in the following Verse.

Not only the women but the men also should posess all these ten qualities if they need "forgiveness and a great reward" from Allah.

And Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):
quote:

“Verily, the Muslims (those who submit to Allaah in Islam) men and women, the believers men and women (who believe in Islamic Monotheism), the men and the women who are obedient (to Allaah), the men and women who are truthful (in their speech and deeds), the men and the women who are patient (in performing all the duties which Allaah has ordered and in abstaining from all that Allaah has forbidden), the men and the women who are humble (before their Lord Allaah), the men and the women who give Sadaqaat (i.e. Zakaah and alms), the men and the women who observe Sawm (fast) (the obligatory fasting during the month of Ramadân, and the optional Nawafil fasting), the men and the women who guard their chastity (from illegal sexual acts) and the men and the women who remember Allaah much with their hearts and tongues. Allaah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise)”

[al-Ahzaab 33:35].
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, June 16, 2010  -  8:49 AM Reply with quote
it is a topic of learning...

I want to add one more quality:

muslim woman should be protector of her self-respect and their freedom. REspect and freedom of woman should be defended by all women in all situations.....
wheather it is at home from father, brother or husband or from other close family members or outside in bazar or in jobs and offices.

for example: in man dominant society I saw woman has been teased as weaker, dump, less intelligent in domestic level and in outside world she has been facing low moral jokes or gender bias remarks or gender discrimination in getting the position waht she deserve.....

I am not saying that they should fight everytime for a trivial joke or remarks....what my point is: they should show zero tolerance to such adversaries and atleast in such cases they should not respond with smile or positive jesture....instead must show silence or negative response , if possible fight with wisdom, so nobody take advantage of such situation and make it a fitna situation...

whatever respect and freedom we had for woman in early days of islam , we have lost a lot, becuase of very strict scholars and man's superiority complex in history.
ironically many women also think that "yes !! we are inferior and we have less freedom from GOD "....

A muslim woman should try to get it back......it is not impossible and could be revived with education.........today one, tomorrow two, and then 4, and then 16, and it would increase.....

i said in some other thread earlier, that as elders and mothers, women should teach their younger males and sons to respect woman......
so may be one day NO WOMAN WOULD BE DISAGRACED VERBALLY, PHYSICALLY AND IN GETTING THEIR RIGHT POSITION IN SOCIETY...
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, June 16, 2010  -  4:56 PM Reply with quote
Thank you now we have a list which is comprehensive:
2) Strong value system ...... a distinction between right and wrong in basic principles of life eg. honesty, integrity,compassion, morality and responsibility.
3) Wise and smart
4) Patient
5) Humble
6) Follow Islamic teachings namely
a) Obedient to Allah.
b) give Sadaqaat ( ie. zakat and alms)
c) observe sawm
d) Remember Allah at all times
7) Strong enough to stand up for her rights

Anyone else wants to add to this list?
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, June 17, 2010  -  5:05 PM Reply with quote
ladies and gentleman can we add more to this list or this is it?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, June 18, 2010  -  5:26 AM Reply with quote
quote:

ladies and gentleman can we add more to this list or this is it?
What I notice is that all those seven points apply to men also. Is there any exclusive quality that a woman is required to develop which is not applicable to men?

Edited by: aboosait on Friday, June 18, 2010 5:49 AM
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Friday, June 18, 2010  -  5:47 AM Reply with quote
quote:

What I notice is that all those seven points apply to men also. Is there any exclusive quality that a woman is required to develop which is not applicable to men?

No:7 strong enough to stand for her rights: 1) specific to her gender and 2) also general which they are not getting easily because of gender bias like promotion in job or same rights at home like sons etc
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, June 18, 2010  -  6:01 AM Reply with quote
quote:

1) specific to her gender and .....
Ok, please tell us which are those rights.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, June 18, 2010  -  1:46 PM Reply with quote
aboosait you are right that's what I was coming at all these qualities are not specific to women only but to men also yet when we talk about a muslim woman we expect a little more out of her than we do from a man.
One quality which I think is inherent to a woman is her gentleness, all women possess that quality.
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, June 18, 2010  -  8:39 PM Reply with quote
Muslim Woman and Health

Henna Khan

Rijs or 'Aza'

It matters a lot how do we interpret the verses of Qur'an in relation to the facts and context. Women's health affects her general performance and her comfort & discomfort, be it physical or mental has a direct effect on the whole family. If she is depressed the whole house will have a gloomy appearance. If a woman is in peace the house can present a picture of Paradise. The Creator has therefore laid a lot of stress on looking after women and we find the same reflection in the beloved prophet Muhammad sws teachings. The Prophet reminded repeatedly about taking care of women throughout his life and specially in his last sermon at the Hajj he performed shortly before he met his Lord.

It matters a lot how the verses about women are interpreted by various scholars of Qur'an. Even the position of a woman in their own eyes and hence in the eyes of the ummah(Muslim nation) can be directly affected by this. For example if a woman is seen as a junk at certain times and periods of her life, naturally and sub consciously her status in the eyes of even very pious men will fall because he will be consciously struggling to protect himself from the ill effects of this impure figure. We can see this a lot more clearly in Hinduism when a woman during her monthly menstrual cycles is classed as 'impure' and is not even allowed to cook food for the family, let alone being touched by her husband.

The verse of Qura'n which gives guidance about sexual relationship with wives mentions this phase and directs men to stay away from them until they are clean and mentions the word 'az'a' for the state of the menstrual period. The word 'Aza' in Qur'an has been translated at all other places as 'discomfort' or 'pain' except at this particular place where it has been translated by most scholars including Maulana Maudoodi, Amin Islahi Sahib and Javaid Ghamidi Sahib as 'impurity' the Arabic word for which is'Rijs'

وَيَسۡـَٔلُونَكَ عَنِ ٱلۡمَحِيضِ‌ۖ قُلۡ هُوَ أَذً۬ى فَٱعۡتَزِلُواْ ٱلنِّسَآءَ فِى ٱلۡمَحِيضِ‌ۖ وَلَا تَقۡرَبُوهُنَّ حَتَّىٰ يَطۡهُرۡنَ‌ۖ فَإِذَا تَطَهَّرۡنَ فَأۡتُوهُنَّ مِنۡ حَيۡثُ أَمَرَكُمُ ٱللَّهُ‌ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يُحِبُّ ٱلتَّوَّٲبِينَ وَيُحِبُّ ٱلۡمُتَطَهِّرِينَ (٢٢٢ They question thee (O Muhammad) concerning menstruation. Say: It is an illness, so let women alone at such times and go not in unto them till they are cleansed. And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allah hath enjoined upon you. Truly Allah loveth those who turn unto Him, and loveth those who have a care for cleanness. (222) Pikthall

They ask you concerning menstruation. Say: that is an Adha (a harmful thing for a husband to have a sexual intercourse with his wife while she is having her menses), therefore keep away from women during menses and go not unto them till they are purified (from menses and have taken a bath). And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allâh has ordained for you (go in unto them in any manner as long as it is in their vagina). Truly, Allâh loves those who turn unto Him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves (by taking a bath and cleaning and washing thoroughly their private parts, bodies, for their prayers). (222) (Dr.Mohsin)

They ask thee concerning women's courses. Say: They are a hurt and a pollution; so keep away from women in their courses, and do not approach them until they are clean. But when they have purified themselves, ye may approach them in any manner, time or place ordained for you by Allah. for Allah loves those who turn to Him constantly and He loves those who keep themselves pure and clean. (222) (Abdullah Yousuf Ali)

اور آپ سے حیض کے بارے میں پوچھتے ہیں کہہ دو وہ نجاست ہے پس حیض میں عورتوں سے علیحدٰہ رہو اور ان کے پاس نہ جاؤ یہاں تک کہ وہ پاک ہو لیں پھر جب وہ پاک ہو جائیں تو ان کے پاس جاؤ جہاں سے اللہ نےتمہیں حکم دیا ہے بے شک الله توبہ کرنے والوں کو دوست رکھتا ہے اوربہت پاک رہنے والوں کو دوست رکھتا ہے (۲۲۲) (Urdu Ahmed Ali) اور تم سے حیض کے بارے میں دریافت کرتے ہیں۔ کہہ دو کہ وہ تو نجاست ہے۔ سو ایام حیض میں عورتوں سے کنارہ کش رہو۔ اور جب تک پاک نہ ہوجائیں ان سے مقاربت نہ کرو۔ ہاں جب پاک ہوجائیں تو جس طریق سے خدا نے ارشاد فرمایا ہے ان کے پاس جاؤ۔ کچھ شک نہیں کہ خدا توبہ کرنے والوں اور پاک صاف رہنے والوں کو دوست رکھتا ہے (۲۲۲) (Urdu Jalandhri)

Only seldom scholars have translated the word as 'illness' as it should be in my understanding. God has given the woman lot of concession during these days. She has been given a leave from the ritual of 5 times prayers schedule with ablution and all the formalities. Similarly she is allowed to postpone fasting and other worship rituals like Hajj and Umrah .

Medically many women suffer health wise during their menstrual phase of the cycles including aches and pains which can be severe in many cases. Sickness absence Higher rate for women than men Sickness absence from work, United Kingdom, Winter 2005 http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=1577 A similar picture can be found in various countries of the world due to similar reasons, including child birth and child care of course.

Similarly God has given a woman the right to be at rest and not to be disturbd by her husband regarding sexual activity which can be uncomfortable during this time, besides being unhygienic of course due to the presence of blood; but the translators must be careful to keep the illness and discomfort as a priority rather than 'impurity' which gives an unnecessary feeling of superiority to men in general, which actually is not there in this regard of purification.
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Saturday, June 19, 2010  -  4:40 AM Reply with quote
quote:

One quality which I think is inherent to a woman is her gentleness, all women possess that quality.

I doubt in "all women..."....
i found in my family, office, in markets etc some women who are definitely not Gentle....

in history also, u could find many woman not gentle...
but I can accept that there are more gentle women than men...but not "all women"........please...lols

aboosait===> many examples which are specific to woman like: separate ladies clubs or sports clubs....in public tranport separate buses or taxis.....

if they are totally housewives then it should be recognised that house job is full time job and if husband is very tired from external job, she also could be tired and need proper rest and compensation... (in our society , housewives job is not considered as full time job or same like outside jobs done by husbands....

then specific to pregnancy ===> in offices proper meternity leave or child feeding break (if baby is breast feeding).....special parking place for pregnant ladies in markets and offices.....
these all facilities i found available in western countries and also in gulf countries as well....sometimes they have upto 1 yr maternity leave there.....
but unfortunatly not in Pakistan (india:not sure??)......

and then many legal rights as wife.....

and many other specific gender rights, which a woman can tell....
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, June 19, 2010  -  4:54 PM Reply with quote
safimera when I said gentleness is inherent I mean she is born with this quality. A woman nurtures life she is responsible for giving birth to an infant who is totally dependent on her so in my opinion this quality she is born with. Circumstances and the environment might make her hard and loose this quality.
http://www.irfi.org/articles/articles_101_150/gender_equality_and_justice_in_i.htm%20%20%20%20
This article is by Riffat Hassan you might like it. tell me how you feel about it.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Next page >>
Page 2 of 6

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker