Page 6 of 11

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
uhmelas

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, May 20, 2007  -  6:15 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Mahatma Gandhi, another idol of yours.
lets take all the good things, regardless of the source and discard the bad ones, why not choose the best of both, afterall all human souls were blessed with the truth at the creation of mankind

Abu Dawud. Book 027, Hadith Number 4020.
Narated By Abdullah ibn Umar : The Prophet (pbuh) said: He who copies any people is one of them.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, May 21, 2007  -  8:05 AM Reply with quote
As a man's wisdom increases so his desire to speak decreases(hazrat Ali)
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Monday, May 21, 2007  -  12:01 PM Reply with quote
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves. (Eric Hoffer)
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, May 21, 2007  -  5:12 PM Reply with quote
Narated By Abdullah ibn Umar : The Prophet (pbuh) said: He who copies any people is one of them.

What constitutes copying?

If I am taught by a non muslim teacher?
If I learn from a text book written by a non muslim author and learn from it?
Are you implying that all non muslims are ignorant and wrong and we should only read Qur'an sunnah and hadith?
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, May 21, 2007  -  5:17 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

Mahatma Gandhi, another idol of yours.
lets take all the good things, regardless of the source and discard the bad ones, why not choose the best of both, afterall all human souls were blessed with the truth at the creation of mankind

Only Quran'n is the Religious source, NOTHING else!!!
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, May 21, 2007  -  8:10 PM Reply with quote
Only Quran'n is the Religious source, NOTHING else!!!

What about non religious issues? It is obvious that Muslims will not be taking Ghandhi's views to understand issues pertaining to Islam
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, May 22, 2007  -  11:49 AM Reply with quote
quote:

What about non religious issues? It is obvious that Muslims will not be taking Ghandhi's views to understand issues pertaining to Islam

Who was Mr. Ghandhi?
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, May 22, 2007  -  12:18 PM Reply with quote
To learn wisdom I think we have enough material in the teaching of Islam and I stongly felt that we accually no need to look else where.
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, May 22, 2007  -  12:37 PM Reply with quote
Excellent, brother usmani790!!!
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 22, 2007  -  1:54 PM Reply with quote
what you are referring to is a person's individual choice. If you are comfortable with it I have no problems. It becomes an issue when we pass a general opinion for everyone.

The issues are as follows

Most of the religions have similarities in terms of moral guidance. I do not think any religion teaches to lie, cheat or kill.

We can only understand the issues and queries about other religions if we have knowledge about their faiths and beliefs. Thus those who want to be involved in the work of dawah or engage in presenting Islam to non muslims, should have knowledge about the religious beliefs of other religions.Albiet; It may not be necessary for everyone.

Human beings appreciate things better when they understand them in contrast and comparison. How can we achieve this by reading the Qur'an only.

It is important that we accept or reject things on the basis of the material presented and by giving reasons , rather than looking at th name of the author. This is termed bias.

T
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 22, 2007  -  1:57 PM Reply with quote
There are two types of people in the world.

One are those who make up their minds and then look at the information present, and select what agrees with their views and quote.

Second group is those who look open mindedly at the information present and then form their opinion on the basis of information present

Waseem
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, May 22, 2007  -  2:32 PM Reply with quote
As far as the knowledge what one can get from the religion so one must get it from the religion only.It is only shows his firm believe in the religion he is following.

If some one still feel need to look elsc for the knowledge which is already there in the religion, then in my personnel opinion, his believe in the religion is not that firm.

And God knows the best
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 22, 2007  -  3:53 PM Reply with quote
A Motivational Story with Wisdom - A Mothers Love
A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper, and handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After his Mom dried her hands on an apron, she read it, and this is what it said:
For cutting the grass: $5.00
For cleaning up my room this week: $1.00
For going to the store for you: $.50
Baby-sitting my kid brother while you went shopping: $.25
Taking out the garbage: $1.00
For getting a good report card: $5.00
For cleaning up and raking the yard: $2.00
Total owed: $14.75
Well, his mother looked at him standing there, and the boy could see the memories flashing through her mind. She picked up the pen, turned over the paper he'd written on, and this is what she wrote:
For the nine months I carried you while you were growing inside me:
No Charge
For all the nights that I've sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you:
No Charge
For all the trying times, and all the tears that you've caused through the years:
No Charge
For all the nights that were filled with dread, and for the worries I knew were ahead:
No Charge
For the toys, food, clothes, and even wiping your nose:
No Charge
Son, when you add it up, the cost of my love is:
No Charge.
When the boy finished reading what his mother had written, there were big tears in his eyes, and he looked straight at his mother and said, "Mom, I sure do love you." And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote: "PAID IN FULL".
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 22, 2007  -  3:54 PM Reply with quote
Do not lose hope in Allah, for He is the Creator. He will create another way for you. Do not flee from your trials; patience in adversity is the foundation of all virtue, of compassion and sainthood. [Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani]

Guidance of the Day:
Happiness is an inside-out job. All too often, what is going on around us is only a reflection of what is going on within us. When you know you are striving to become the best version of yourself, that alone is enough to sustain you in happiness. When you don't have that, all the pleasure and possessions you can summon from the world cannot sustain happiness in the depths of your heart.

We spend our lives in the service of our desires. Sometimes those desires are good and their pursuit is to our benefit. At other times our desires are selfish and self-destructive. If there is purpose and meaning to our lives, then the highest levels of living must be linked to discovering that meaning and fulfilling that purpose. It stands to reason, then, that there should be a relationship between the purpose and meaning of life and our dreams. [Kelly, The Rhythm of Life]

Food for Thought:
What you see in others, shows you yourself.
See the best in others, and you will be your best.
Give to others, and you give to yourself.

If you wish to shine like the daylight, burn up the night of self-importance. Dissolve the self like copper in the elixir; dissolve in Him who fosters all existence. But you are bound by the discord of "I" and "WE." The cause of your ruin in this sad dualism. [Maulana Rumi]
asma786bham

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 22, 2007  -  4:03 PM Reply with quote
quote:

DARKNESS CANNOT DRIVE OUT DARKNESS ONLY LIGHT CAN DO THAT, HATRED CANNOT DRIVE OUT HATRED, ONLY LOVE CAN DO THAT.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 22, 2007  -  4:11 PM Reply with quote
so we agree to disagree. I guess there will be two less readers of the thread thought provoking.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 6 of 11

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker