considerable liberty in an otherwise completely enslaved existence, to see
how he uses it: does he opt for the realistic choice of submitting to
Allah's -- the real Master's-- will or does he get carried away by the
thrills of his undeserving liberty and, as a consequence, resort to
rebellious attitude.

Allah has prepared the paradise for those who despite possessing many
options choose to remain optionless; those who volunteer to fear Allah even
on occasions when fear is not seemingly warranted; those who, despite
wielding full authority, surrender all their authority to Allah.
When such people are provided with sustenance through the medium of some
apparent material source, they acknowledge that it is in fact Allah Who has
arranged it for them. They have the liberty to be unfair to others, but they
check the sinful inclinations of their liberty for fear of Allah.
Opportunities of demonstrating anger, hatred and revenge come their way, but
they choose to exercise restraint on occasions of anger and offer
forgiveness on occasions of hatred and revenge. Allah allows them to be
praised lavishly by others, but they find solace in remaining humble.
Allah makes them wealthy, but instead of spending their wealth to satisfy
their vain desires, they find it more satisfying to spend their wealth in
His way.They follow the way of Allah instead of following the way of their
own whims; instead of living for their own sake, they live for the sake of
Allah.

The serene world of paradise is indeed for such people. They make themselves
subservient to Allah with their own free will; they choose to remain
constrained within the divinely ordained restrictions, despite enjoying the
freedom to remain unrestricted.

(Adapted from Wahiduddin Khan's works)
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, March 23, 2007  -  1:24 PM Reply with quote
Just prior to American invasion of Iraq, Maulana Waheed ud din khan wrote a letter to Saddam Hussein, advising him to leave Iraq and take political asylum in a muslim country. He emphasised that it would be in his best interests and the interests of the people of Iraq. As history tells us , he ignored this advice, After America had removed and captured him and he was eventually hanged, someone asked Maulana Waheed ud din Khan about the issue, he replied, he has still done what I had asked him but only later. He then recited a persian poem the translation was that an unwise person eventually does what a wise person does, only later in time.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, March 23, 2007  -  1:25 PM Reply with quote
If you wish to shine like the daylight, burn up the night of self-importance. Dissolve the self like copper in the elixir; dissolve in Him who fosters all existence. But you are bound by the discord of "I" and "WE." The cause of your ruin in this sad dualism. [Maulana Rumi]
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, March 23, 2007  -  2:04 PM Reply with quote
Ghandhi the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHVNrLAoCHI

"For a long time I believed God is true. But today I know Truth is God. The pursuit for truth is invaluable for me. I trust it will be the same for you"

Ghandhi
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, March 25, 2007  -  3:31 AM Reply with quote
The excellence of knowledge lies in its practice; and the excellence of kindness to others lies in mentioning it not. [Ali radi Allah anhu]

Guidance of the Day:
Remember, we are all affecting the world every moment, whether we mean to or not. Our actions and states of mind matter, because we are so deeply interconnected with one another. Working on our own consciousness is the most important thing that we are doing at any moment, and being love is the supreme creative act. When we are being love, we extend outward an environment that allows others to act different, more loving and peaceful ways than they are used to behaving. Not only does it allow them to be more loving, it encourages them to be so.

Love is so important. When we are in pain, if someone is there for us, loving us, we receive the greatest gift in the world and we ultimately hurt a lot less. The best way around this is to practice and rehearse loving behavior daily. And the other people are changed by simply being loved; it really becomes easier to love them. With this basic approach, over time we change our state of health, our relationships, and many other aspects of our life. [Handbook for the Heart]

Food for Thought:
Every quarrel begins in nothing and ends in a struggle for supremacy. A long dispute means that both parties are wrong. In quarreling the truth is always lost. When we quarrel, how we wish we had been blameless!

Live in this world like a stranger, a wayfarer, and deem yourselves as dwellers of the graves. [al Hadith]
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, March 26, 2007  -  6:40 AM Reply with quote
“It is not the evil committed by bad men that I worry; it is the silence of good men and women that worries me.”
proverb
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, March 28, 2007  -  11:17 AM Reply with quote
What a tremendous gift has been given to the one who finds acts of disobedience difficult! [Ali radi Allah anhu]

Food for Thought:
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. Reading is a basic tool in the living of a good life. Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them. We should be as careful of the books we read, as of the company we keep.

Patience comes in three stages: first, one learns not to follow the baser self; second, one learns to content oneself with one's fate; finally, one surrenders oneself to the Master's will and discovers within love and compassion, the greatest of all achievements. [Imam Ghazali]
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, March 28, 2007  -  11:54 AM Reply with quote
How to Repent and what are the Conditions of Repentance?

All praises be to Allaah, Lord and Sustainer of the worlds, and may the peace and blessings of Allaah be upon our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and upon his family and companions.

One of the signs of an ever lasting kindness, blessing and mercy of Allaah Subhanahu-wa-Ta'alaa is that He forgives the sins of His slaves as Allaah says:

And He it is Who accepts repentance from His slaves, and forgives sins, and He knows what you do . Ash-Shooraa.25

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “ Every son of Adam commits sin, and the best of those who commit sin are those who repent .” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2499; Ibn Maajah, 4251

This of course does not mean that one should deliberately commit sins but when one does something out of ignorance or weakness then he should return to Allaah as soon he realise as Allaah says:

Allâh accepts only the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and foolishness and repent soon afterwards; it is they to whom Allâh will forgive and Allâh is Ever AllKnower, AllWise . An-Nisaa.17

And those who, when they have committed Fahishah (shameful obscene acts) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allâh and ask forgiveness for their sins; and none can forgive sins but Allâh And do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know . Aal-‘Imraan.135

Indeed, Allaah loves the repentance of His slave and He is the One Who enables us to realise our sins and gives us the ability and opportunity to repent while He is in no need of us as Allaah says:

O mankind! it is you who stand in need of Allâh. But Allâh is Rich (Free of all needs) , Worthy of all praises . Fatir.15

The door of repentance is open till the day of judgment. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“ Repentence will not stop until sun would rise from west (day of Judgement)” Abu- Dawood.

http://www.drkhalid.co.uk/Repent.php
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, April 5, 2007  -  10:09 AM Reply with quote
Imam Junayd said: A sufi is like pure earth
everyone tramples on it but roses and gardens arise.
Anyone who enlightened my Path is my teacher...
Master Te Shan adds: The first arrow is light.
The second arrow is passing through now.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, April 16, 2007  -  12:17 PM Reply with quote
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves. [Eric Hoffer]
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, May 12, 2007  -  10:11 PM Reply with quote
Be careful of your thoughts
for your thoughts become your word.
Be careful of your words
for your words become your actions.
Be careful of your actions
for your actions become your habits.
Be careful of your habits
for your habits become your character.
Be careful of your character
for your character becomes your destiny.”

Buddha
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, May 13, 2007  -  6:30 AM Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQBk7qUEPY4

"so are all of you"- Ghandhi
shahidas

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, May 13, 2007  -  11:22 PM Reply with quote
Mahatma Gandhi, another idol of yours.
Brother Zulfi !
lets take all the good things, regardless of the source and discard the bad ones, why not choose the best of both, afterall all human souls were blessed with the truth at the creation of mankind
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, May 14, 2007  -  12:51 PM Reply with quote
A nurse took the tired, anxious serviceman to the bedside.
"Your son is here," she said to the old man.
She had to repeat the words several times before the patient's eyes opened.
Heavily sedated because of the pain of his heart attack, he dimly saw the young uniformed Marine standing outside the oxygen tent. He reached out his hand. The Marine wrapped his toughened fingers around the old man's limp ones, squeezing a message of love and encouragement.
The nurse brought a chair so that the Marine could sit beside the bed. All through the night, the young Marine sat there in the poorly lighted ward, holding the old man's hand and offering him words of love and strength. Occasionally, the nurse suggested that the Marine move away and rest awhile. He refused. Whenever the nurse came
into the ward, the Marine was oblivious of her and of the night noises of the hospital - the clanking of the oxygen tank, the laughter of the night staff members exchanging greetings, the cries and moans of the other patients.
Now and then she heard him say a few gentle words.
The dying man said nothing, only held tightly to his son all through the night. Along towards dawn, the old man died. The Marine released the now lifeless hand he had been holding and went to tell the nurse.
While she did what she had to do, he
waited.
Finally, she returned. She started to offer words of sympathy, but the Marine interrupted her.
"Who was that man?" he asked.
The nurse was startled, "He was your father," she answered.
"No, he wasn't," the Marine replied. "I never saw him before in my life."
"Then
why didn't you say something when I took you to him?" "I knew right away there had been a mistake, but I also knew he needed his son, and his son just wasn't here. When I realized that he was too sick to tell whether or not I was his son, knowing how much he needed me, I stayed."
The next time someone needs you ... just be there.
Stay.
WE ARE NOT HUMAN BEINGS GOING THROUGH A TEMPORARY SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE.
WE ARE SPIRITUAL BEINGS GOING THROUGH A TEMPORARY HUMAN EXPERIENCE.

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" - Vernon Sanders Law
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 15, 2007  -  10:15 PM Reply with quote
nice to hv you back W. where did you vanishwe've been looking for you sala'm 'n welcomeback and always great to hear from you.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, May 18, 2007  -  6:17 AM Reply with quote
Nothing changes a person's life more than the discovery of one solitary truth: There is meaning and purpose to life. More specifically: There is meaning and purpose to your life. As we grow wiser, we realize that life is too short to learn all of its lessons from personal experience, and we discover that other people, places, and times are all too willing to pass on the hard-earned wisdom of their experience.

Without a clear sense of the purpose and meaning of our lives, the emptiness is overwhelming. We try to fill the void with pleasure and possessions, but the emptiness is unaffected by such trivialities. There are moments of pleasure, but they are brief in a long succession of twenty-four-hour days. [Kelly, The Rhythm of Life]

Food for Thought:
The good you find in others, is in you too.
The faults you find in others, are your faults as well.
After all, to recognize something you must know it.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 5 of 11

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker