1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 8 of 11

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
JunaidHasan

GERMANY
Posted - Tuesday, July 25, 2006  -  8:02 PM 
walking is lawful in islam and extending the practice of eating and drinking with right concludes that walking on the right side is sunnah.If no,then why ?

The simple answer is that the Prophet (SAW) did not institue it, among his followers, as Sunnah.
Shaan

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 25, 2006  -  8:09 PM 
ok..how have you arrive at this conclusion that doing every noble thing with right and lowly things with the left wasn't instituted by the prophet(sws) amongst his followers ? One can then also say that eating and drinking with right wasn't instituted by the prophet(sws).
JunaidHasan

GERMANY
Posted - Tuesday, July 25, 2006  -  8:17 PM 
Shaan referred to this:
"Reply:- This is what you said in one of your posts:-
"This practice
extends to doing everything that is lawful in Islam.""

In any way, I commented on the "right hand" not "walking on the right" side.

Consensus of the Ummah, from generation to generation, would tell whether an act is Sunnah or not if the very act is religious in nature and also fulfills the other five conditions.
Shaan

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 25, 2006  -  8:23 PM 
Junaid wrote:- Do not forget the status of woman in the ancient times. She was totally under the control of man in all aspects of life. Also, even if women were exempted, did it happen due to some Hadith?

Reply:- This question was not related to hadith.It was related to Quran.People believe that even today muslims are to impose jizya on ahl-e-kitab because the Quran directs it.Mr. Ghamidi says it is specific to Itmam-e-Hujjat of the sahab(ra).

Junaid wrote:-Yes. This is quite satisfactory for me. Why is only woman ordered to cover her chest? And why is it bearable in the case of man? In my opinion, it is because a woman's chest is more attractive by nature and Islam always keeps the nature in mind while giving a directive.

Reply:- So you mean to say that keeping the nature of women being inclined towards silk and gold Islam allowed it for them even in the face of evils of arrogance and extravagance in the society which the prophet(sws) was trying to eradicate.

Men not covering chest doesn't entail any evil.That's why it isn't forbidden by Islam.But extravagance and arrogance are surely forbidden and it is very unlikely that the prophet(sws) allowed women this evil.
JunaidHasan

GERMANY
Posted - Tuesday, July 25, 2006  -  8:42 PM 
Shaan wrote, "This question was not related to hadith.It was related to Quran.People believe that even today muslims are to impose jizya on ahl-e-kitab because the Quran directs it.Mr. Ghamidi says it is specific to Itmam-e-Hujjat of the sahab(ra)."

Yes I know it but I’m unable to understand what you mean by this point.

Shaan wrote, “Men not covering chest doesn't entail any evil.That's why it isn't forbidden by Islam.But extravagance and arrogance are surely forbidden and it is very unlikely that the prophet(sws) allowed women this evil.”

I do not agree, Shaan. It does entail some evil. Man’s chest is of attraction to woman but still it doesn’t keep as much of attraction, in its very nature, as woman’s.

Let's take another example. Salah, indeed, is an obligatory worship but women are not allowed to offer it during their menses. This is also due to their very nature of having periods. Men do not have periods in their very nature that is why they are exempted of such a restriction.

Edited by: JunaidHasan on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:55 PM
Shaan

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 25, 2006  -  9:11 PM 
I do not agree, Shaan. It does entail some evil. Man’s chest is of attraction to woman but still it doesn’t keep as much of attraction, in its very nature, as woman’s.

Let's take another example. Salah, indeed, is an obligatory worship but women are not allowed to offer it during their menses. This is also due to their very nature of having periods. Men do not have periods in their very nature that is why they are exempted of such a restriction.

Reply :- You are saying that women's chest is MORE attractive then men's.Also you are saying that Islam didn't forbid men from uncovering their chest even though you acknowledge that it entails evil of a lesser degree.

Can you please explain that why has shariah shied from forbdidding men to uncover their chests ? Will you say that men are inclined to uncovering their chests and that's why Islam has kept this nature of man in mind and didn't forbid him even though it has little evil as compared to women uncovering their chests ?

Edited by: Shaan on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 9:15 PM
JunaidHasan

GERMANY
Posted - Tuesday, July 25, 2006  -  9:23 PM 
Allah T’ala is the wisest. I can only find some apparent benefits and rationales behind His directives. Nothing more I can do.

Regarding your question (why has shariah shied…), please note that Sharia only involves in when it’s extremely necessary, otherwise, Allah leaves things simple and easy for the people. In woman’s case, it is extremely important to cover her chest because it is alarmingly attractive whereas, comparatively, man’s not. Men are not “inclined” to open their chests but they simply do not have as much of sexual attraction in their chests as women have, therefore, it is kept simple for them. However, every man knows that it’s not sophisticated to keep the chest open in normal circumstances.

Of course, Allah knows the best.
JunaidHasan

GERMANY
Posted - Tuesday, July 25, 2006  -  9:35 PM 
(Shaan: whenever you meet the dear Teacher, Prof. Khawar Butt, please convey my love, best wishes and heartiest regards to him. Also, please tell him that his worthy teachings still help me in every aspect of my life and I miss him so much. Thank you.)
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, July 26, 2006  -  7:20 AM 
Dear Junaid Hasan
You wrote:-on the other hand, he also agrees with Maulana Maududi (RA) who regarded a beard of one fist length “a habit of the Prophet (SAW)” and not a Sunnah.

Now see what exactly I have said.

I wrote on page 4

The long bear of Prophet (pbuh) is His personnel liking not the matter of deen (according to Maulana Maudoodi Sahib) so on this ground, he says this would not be considered as Sunnah.

Here I have only presented the Maudoodi Sahib views,I never said here that I am agree with Maudoodi sahib on that.

Don’t you think you are attributing a lie on me here? If this is not the case then it is appear that how wrongly you understand the simple things.

May Allah give you the Wisdom and Sense to understand the things, which come before you on its true prospective. Ameen.

Allah Hafiz
JunaidHasan

GERMANY
Posted - Wednesday, July 26, 2006  -  12:09 PM 
Maulana Maududi (RA) is in the list of the scholars you think are by your side. I asked you to kindly remove his name from your list but you did not. Therefore, I have not attributed any lie to you. Hope this resolves your confusion. Thanks.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, July 26, 2006  -  12:53 PM 
quote:

Maulana Maududi (RA) is in the list of the scholars you think are by your side. I asked you to kindly remove his name from your list but you did not. Therefore, I have not attributed any lie to you. Hope this resolves your confusion. Thanks.

Reply:-We are dicussing Sunnah here and Maudoodi Sahib views on that i have already show you.

Any way why you moving things around,this is nothing to do the lie you arributed on me.With this attitute you want to talk very big about the religion.

May Allah forgive
JunaidHasan

GERMANY
Posted - Wednesday, July 26, 2006  -  1:15 PM 
Maulana Maududi (RA) is not by your side. You have attributed a lie to him by including him in your list. Your own definition of the Sunnah is all over the place; saying one thing sometimes and the other on the other times. Now when you're short of arguments, again you want to deviate me from the main subject. This won't help Brother. Let’s be realistic.
JunaidHasan

GERMANY
Posted - Wednesday, July 26, 2006  -  1:24 PM 
By the way, I'm still waiting for you to correct the wording of one of the Ahadith you quoted and also give me the correct references of the other Ahaidth you ascribed to Sahi Bukhari. Simply remove those Ahadith from your postings if you cannot correct the wording and provide the correct references. I'd be grateful.
Shaan

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, July 26, 2006  -  3:09 PM 
How does Mr.Ghamidi's school explain the following in the light of their concept of Sunnah :-

When asked whether one could do ritual ablution (wudu’) with sea-water, God’s Messenger gave the following answer, which has provided a basis for many other rulings:

A sea is that of which the water is clean and the dead animals are lawful to eat.

Generally, the Qur’an forbids eating the meat of animals which have died without being slaughtered according to Islamic rules. The Sunna, however restricts this ‘general’ rule (commandment) by allowing as food the flesh of sea creatures that have died in water.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, July 27, 2006  -  7:47 AM 
Dear Shan

You wrote: -This is where I am having difficulties. Can you pose their points to some classical scholar and let me know what they say in reply to those points.

I am posting here a link of an article written by Taqi Usmani Sahib.I found this article is very useful to answer the points raised regarding the authenticity of Ahadith and so on.Please go through it.

http://www.ccminc.faithweb.com/iqra/articles/authsun/chap3.html
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, July 27, 2006  -  12:14 PM 
Dear Shaan

Please also check this link of Maudoodi Sahib's book.This book is in urdu,check the page No.39 and onward.

http://millat.com/modoodi/023sunnatki%20aineehasiat/book.htm

Edited by: usmani790 on Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:48 PM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 8 of 11

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker