Next page >>
Page 52 of 62

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, August 24, 2007  -  5:29 AM Reply with quote
thnx W for helping me express.

we are not at all obliged to convince sk or similar and as we mentioned before our postings are for general benefit. there are many who believe that only Qura'n is enough for guidance and prophets' teachings are not reqd. unfortunately we cannot do anything about such.

the problem with sk and kind is that on one hand they can produce scripts and scripts from the theory they believe in, in this case Qur'an, as you can see from this forum and sk's nos. of postings-but sadly on the other hand when they face a difficult situation like an arguement /conflict/anger etc. they are totally lost and have no idea how to react in an acceptable manner-as again is obvious from sk's multiple postings here-the problem being that such people have specialized in theory whilst completely ignoring/rejecting the practical model sws which came along to show these manners and attitudes in practice-even though these are mentioned in Qur'an.

just like if we 'theoretise' 100s of surgical skills books and skip the practical dissection of cadavers/dummys, then when a real and live human body lays open infront of us to operate, we wud be lost where to start and where to finish-even though if we hv memorized the theory to a tremendous level.

if writing and words would be enough for practice in day to day life, specially whilst dealing with other human beings, could not the Almighty just leave the written words and scriptures at places for us to read and pick and copy and print and email and so on-why the selection of the prophets to come along and preach??
this is why even angels were not sent down as models as God says in Qur'an-because we needed a human model to show how he can ignore and forgive, teach and care, and give and forget, inspite being just a human-being..
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Friday, August 24, 2007  -  12:17 PM Reply with quote
Salam Mr. Wasim,

Q:- So We have taught thee(Muhammad pbuh) the inspired (Message), "Follow the ways of Abraham the True in Faith, and he joined not gods with Allah."16:123

Bro Shamsher If Qur'an is the complete source for muslims then why the QUr'an iteslf is asking prophet pbuh to follow the ways of Ibrahim pbuh?

Reply:- You raised a question as “If Qur'an is the complete source for muslims then why the QUr'an iteslf is asking prophet pbuh to follow the ways of Ibrahim pbuh?”

That means you do not believe that Qur’an is COMPLETE SOURCE OF LAW OF ISLAM AND FULLY DETAILED when Qur’an ITSELF says that IT is …. I have nothing to say because it is your own choice to deny the Qur’anic truth like other nations.

Now please try to find out what Almighty God says in the verse 16:123;

"Then we inspired you (Muhammad) to follow ‘millat Ibraheem’ (creed of Abraham), the monotheist; he never was an idol worshiper." 16:123

What exactly is ‘Millat Ibraheem’ as we read about it in 16:123 and other verses? let us read some of these verses:

They said, "You have to be Jewish or Christian, to be guided." Say, "We follow the ‘millat Ibraheem’ creed of Abraham-monotheism-he never was an idol worshiper." 2:135

"Say, "GOD has proclaimed the truth: You shall follow ‘millat Ibraheem’ Abraham's creed-monotheism. He never was an idolater." 3: 95

"Who is better guided in his religion than one who submits totally to GOD, leads a righteous life and followed ‘millat Ibraheem’ (creed of Abraham): monotheism? GOD has chosen Abraham as a beloved friend. never was an idol worshiper." 4:125

"Say, "My Lord has guided me in a straight path-the perfect religion, ‘millat Ibraheem’ the creed of Abraham, monotheism. He never was an idol worshiper." 6:161

Here we note that in all the verses that mention the words ‘millat Ibraheem’ we notice that they are followed by the words ‘he was a monotheist and not idol worship’ …..

It is thus obvious that God is giving us the definition of the words ‘millat Ibraheem’ as being Monotheism (as opposed to idol worship). Consequently, when God commands Muhammad, and all of us, to follow ‘millat Ibrahim’, God is commanding us to follow Monotheism and refrain from idolatry.

When Joseph declared that he follows Millat Ibraheem he quickly added that it dictates him not to commit idol worship nor associating anything with God:

"And I followed the "millat" of my ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. We never set up any idols beside GOD. Such is the blessing from GOD upon us and upon the people, but most people are unappreciative." 12:38

Should we accept God’s definition of the word ‘millat’ (creed), or should we devise a looser definition for the word ‘milat’ to mean all the religious rituals, rules and detailed regulations of Islam? The deliberate insertion of the words ‘monotheist, he was not an idol worshiper’ after the words ‘millat Ibraheem’ in all these verses that contain the words ‘millat Ibraheem’, compel us to accept that the words ‘millat Ibraheem’ refer to ABRAHAM’S CREED WHICH IS MONOTHEISM.

Q:- sister Henna is quoting the views of scholars and not just her own opinion. In my opinion it is not a laughing matter. Ethos of Islam is humility and worship, not mocking opposing views.

Reply:- If any one claims that all the rituals of islam came from Sunnah of Prophet (invented phrase because no one can find this phrase in the whole Qur’an) and not from Qur’an; If any one claims that Qur’an is not Complete, Fully Detailed, then brother it is surely be a laughing matter. What scholars(???) say here is not any value in Islam but only what Qur’an says here is.

Samsher
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, August 25, 2007  -  3:56 AM Reply with quote
(16:123) Then We sent down this Revelation to you: "Follow the way of Abraham exclusively" and he was not one of the mushriks. *120
*120 This is the complete answer to the first objection (E.N. 117) raised by the disbelievers. This has two parts:
(1) There is no contradiction in the Divine Law as you seem to presume on the apparent variance in the Jewish and the Islamic Law. As a matter of fact a few things had been made unlawful especially for the Jews as punishment to them because of their disobedience; therefore, there was no reason why others should be deprived of those good things.
(2) Prophet Muhammad (Allah's peace be upon him) was commanded to follow the way of Abraham and not the way of the Jews, and they themselves knew than these things were not unlawful in the law of Abraham. For instance, the Jews did not eat the flesh of camel but this was lawful according to Abraham. Likewise, ostrich, hare, duck, etc. , were unlawful in the Jewish law, but they were lawful according to Abraham. Incidentally the disbelievers of Makkah have been warned that neither they nor the Jews had any relationship with Prophet Abraham for he was not a mushrik while both of them were practising shirk. Prophet Muhammad and his followers were the only true followers of Prophet Abraham (Allah's peace be upon them) for there was no tinge of shirk in their creed or in their practice. tafheem ul quran
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, August 25, 2007  -  4:06 AM Reply with quote
Quote:If any one claims that all the rituals of islam came from Sunnah of Prophet (invented phrase because no one can find this phrase in the whole Qur’an) and not from Qur’an

Can you tell me that the kalimah you recite to become a muslim as a verse of Qur'an? so is that also not correct because it is out of Qur'an?

Despite your best efforts bro you are unable to give us any proof of how you would say namaz from Qur'an and we keep getting long links after links. please deliberate on your answers.and would be grateful if you answer the question asked. No muslim is challanging the importance and role of Qur'an in the lives of muslims.it is mezan furqan and burhaan.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, August 25, 2007  -  4:07 AM Reply with quote
Quote:If any one claims that all the rituals of islam came from Sunnah of Prophet (invented phrase because no one can find this phrase in the whole Qur’an) and not from Qur’an

Can you tell me that the kalimah you recite to become a muslim as a verse of Qur'an? so is that also not correct because it is out of Qur'an?

Despite your best efforts bro you are unable to give us any proof of how you would say namaz from Qur'an and we keep getting long links after links. please deliberate on your answers.and would be grateful if you answer the question asked. No muslim is challanging the importance and role of Qur'an in the lives of muslims.it is mezan furqan and burhaan.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, August 25, 2007  -  8:24 AM Reply with quote
Some Facts about Submitters & their web site www.submission.org :

Question: Sir, I want to ask you, is this web site www.submission.org has any errors?
Please guide me.

Answer: The Submitters, who run the mentioned website, are a group who follow the concepts of a man named Rashad Khalifa.

They believe in the Qur'an only and no other source.
[http://www.submission.org/hadith/]

They reject the Sunnah of the Prophet completely.

They reject the historical traditions of Ahadith, which is different than the Sunnah.

They believe that the Qur'an was corrupted by two "false verses" being placed in it.
[http://www.submission.org/tampering.html and http://www.submission.org/false-verses.html]

They believe that the number 19 is very significant and that it is the code of the Qur'an.
[http://www.submission.org/miracle/]

They believe that Satan is a "god" on earth.
[http://www.submission.org/satan/temp.html]

They believe that Satan is a fallen angel.
[http://www.submission.org/satan/app21letter.html]

They believe that Rashad Khalifa is a messenger after the Prophet Muhammad.
[http://www.submission.org/messenger/]

They believe that anyone who dies before the age of 40 automatically goes to heaven.
[http://www.submission.org/suras/app32.html]

They believe that Jesus' dead body was crucified.
[http://www.submission.org/suras/app22.html]

They believe that the Shahadah does not mention Muhammad as the Messenger of God.
[http://www.submission.org/shahada.html]

They claim they pray like the Prophet Abraham, yet there is no source for how he prayed.
[http://www.submission.org/salat-how.html]

They reject how the Muslims, as taught by the Prophet Muhammad, pray.
[http://www.submission.org/salat-how.html and http://www.submission.org/salat-introduction.html]

The list I have provided above highlights concepts that are unique to the Submitters. May God guide us all onto His path and steer us away from whatever may misguide us.

I hope I have clarified the issue.

God knows best.

Ronnie Hassan
May 21, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=2890
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, August 25, 2007  -  11:45 AM Reply with quote
Salam brother Samsher
quote:

Excellent Brother Rakhtal.
Samsher

Thanks a lot, brother Samsher!

Many days ago, in this forum, I asked you this question (see below) but no reply was seen yet.

Is there any Qura’n software having the complete translation and explanation by Rashad Khalifa?
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, August 25, 2007  -  11:46 AM Reply with quote
quote:

In the following lines I will explain why I disagree with your line of thinking.I will base my arguments on QURAN and the commonsense God has blessed the humans with.

Are you, Mujahid, pointing out the common sense which is paralyzed and absolutely unable to understand the difference between ‘Obey the messenger’ and ‘Obey Mohammad’?
And, how much common sense the people like you have who are absolutely unable to understand this very, very, very simple difference?
quote:

My only advice is to never close the door of possibility about opposing views.

Then, why do you repeatedly enter the forum to oppose for nothing (or carrying absolutely NO PROOF at all from the Noble Qura’n to defend yourself)?
quote:

We must seek and follow the path of Truth.

Besides Qura’n, what is the truth you are trying to point out?
quote:

Some people are of the view that the Qur’an contains knowledge of everything and in it is found the answer to every question which comes to our mind. The following verse is generally presented to substantiate this view.
مَا فَرَّطْنَا فِي الكِتَابِ مِن شَيْءٍ ثُمَّ إِلَى رَبِّهِمْ يُحْشَرُونَ (6: 38)
We did not leave anything out of this Book. Then all will be gathered before their Lord [for judgement]. (6:38)

If you are explicitly refuting the verse, how do you distort it by you own whim and the desire?
quote:

A little deliberation on the context of the verse shows that the verse has a specific connotation and it is incorrect to draw this conclusion from it.

Where have you got this WRONG CONCEPT from?
quote:

The verse does not imply that the Qur’an contains guidance on everything.

Then, besides this verse (6:38) chosen by you, what about the other verses, as the following and ‘Would you like to refute these as well?’?

“The Word of your Lord is COMPLETE IN TRUTH AND IN JUSTICE.” 6:115

”Shall I seek other than God as a source of law, WHEN HE HAS REVEALED TO YOU THIS BOOK FULLY DETAILED?” 6:114

”THE WORD OF YOUR LORD IS COMPLETE, IN TRUTH AND JUSTICE. Nothing shall abrogate His words. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.” 6:115

”This is not fabricated ‘hadith’; this (Quran) confirms all previous scriptures, PROVIDES THE DETAILS OF EVERYTHING, AND IS A GUIDANCE AND MERCY FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE.” 12:111

”We have revealed to you this book to PROVIDE EXPLANATIONS FOR EVERYTHING, and guidance and mercy and good news for the submitters.” 16:89

[10:37] This Quran could not possibly be authored by other than GOD. It confirms all previous messages, AND PROVIDES A FULLY DETAILED SCRIPTURE.
etc, etc……………………………………………………….

It is not the view of some people as you claimed. It is Qur’an, which says us this. The Quran categorically states that the Word of God is complete, perfect and fully detailed in His book, the noble Quran.

In spite of the very clear words :[‘hl]“fully detailed”, “details of everything” and “explanations for everything”
You claimed that the Quran does not cover the details!!!!
It is very very Sad for those who call themselves Muslims (while they are explicitly, openly and deliberately refuting the Qura’nic words.
quote:

In my humble opinion, Your responses are lacking substance and you are avoiding both accepting the facts laid out and answering them appropriately.

Response spreading over 55 plus pages is full of light but your perception, lack of knowledge and the paralyzed common sense is creating a very hard obstacle to understand it.
quote:

I am satisfied that what I know remains un cahallenged for the present.

Note that it is not the majority of hadith following Muslims whose opinion makes you un-challenged for the present BUT our Creator and the Lord. Note that the book of our Lord (The Noble Qura’n) explicitly challenges your whimsical thinking.
quote:

ur diagnosis is correct Dr.M but don't worry-the thread is continuing not necessarily in effort of satisfying the posters; but for our other members and visitors to the site as well who surf in quest of knowledge.

How can you propagate the knowledge, if even your common sense is severely paralyzed and absolutely unable to understand the very simple difference between ‘Obey the messenger’ and ‘Obey Mohammad’?
quote:

Many thanks brother Usmani.I learned a lot through this discussion.Our Lord will be our judge on the day when no soul shall have a choice but to speak the truth.

How can you learn from those who are themselves unable to understand the very simple difference between ‘Obey the messenger’ and ‘Obey Mohammad’?
quote:

Brother,please open your eyes before they are closed forever.

Those who are so much ignorant that they are absolutely unable to differentiate between ‘Obey the messenger’ and ‘Obey Mohammad’ how can they accuse others?
quote:

The Questions asked by brother Mujahid, in my opinion remain unanswered, as there is no answer.

If you have refuted the Qura’nic claim, how do whims and the desires distort the verse which clearly shows that the noble Quran is FULLY DETAILED, COMPLETE, PERFECT, Full of Guidance…etc..etc?
quote:

I have no problem. You are happy in what you believe in, I am satisfied that what I know

.لَكُمْ دِينُكُمْ وَلِيَ دِينِ
109.006: To you be your Way, and to me mine.
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, August 25, 2007  -  11:47 AM Reply with quote
quote:

it's also sad that some of our senior site 'n forum members like sk-with us

If you are accepting him the senior member why his opinion doesn’t has the weight?

By the way, who are the junior and who are the senior members? What are the criteria chalked out and set by the intellectuals of the site administration?
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, August 25, 2007  -  1:35 PM Reply with quote
quote:

You cannot find it because you are looking for something that is not there. You should look at what the holy Quran is saying and not try to find things that it is not saying.

Only the blinds ones can not find things in the Qura’n otherwise Qura’n explicitly says that it is complete, perfect and full detailed……………
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, August 26, 2007  -  9:21 PM Reply with quote
As God created human, He very kindly inscribed him with guidance-you may imagine that his genes were loaded with guidance-but since Allah is not only Kind, rather the Most Kind, He supported this guidance with revelations and human models who practiced and left their living examples to follow-the Messengers.

It's upto humans now to try and make the best out of all these provisions and find the Way to success- ofcourse not only with his/her efforts alone, rather with the help of the Creator-hence prayers needed on every step..

adapted from
my page
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/hkhan135/myhomepage/aboutme.html
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, August 26, 2007  -  10:21 PM Reply with quote
and thank you very much Hafiz Ibrahim for telling us more about the beliefs of the followers of Rashad Khalifa(vide supra)-it is indeed important to stay alert and aware about such dangerous evils and deceptions of the time.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, August 27, 2007  -  7:01 AM Reply with quote
the following precede the Qur’a#n:
i. Innate Guidance
ii. The Sunan of Abraham (sws)
iii. The Scriptures of the Prophets

The first of the above mentioned things relate to the basics of faith and morality. In the terminology of the Qur’a#n, a major portion of this is called ma‘ru#f and munkar. The former refers to things which are regarded to be good by human nature and the latter refers to things which are regarded to be evil by it and which it evades. The Qur’a#n does not give a comprehensive list of these things; on other hand, it says that a person is innately aware of these and is able to fully distinguish the two on this basis. It thus demands that a person accept ma‘ru#f and shun munkar:

وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتُ بَعْضُھُمْ اَوْلِيَاء بَعْضٍ يَاْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَيَنْھَوْنَ عَنِ
المُنْكَر (71:9)
And true believers, both men and women, are friends to one another. They urge one another to what is good and forbid what is evil. (9:71)

If there arises a difference of opinion in determining the ma‘ru#f or the munkar, then the inclination of the progeny of Abraham (sws) shall be regarded as decisive in that particular matter. The reason for this is that for the past many centuries, prophets were sent to them and it is as if their inclination of the ma‘ru#f and the munkar has been ratified by the prophets.
The second of the above mentioned things is called by the Qur’a#n as millat-i ibra#hi#mi#. The prayer, the fast, the h@ajj and the zaka#h are all directives of this millat-i ibra#hi#mi#. The addressees of the Qur’a#n were fully aware of them and to a great extent practiced them the way they were. In the narrative which depicts Abu# Dharr’s (rta) acceptance of faith, he explicitly says that he would diligently offer the prayer even before Muh@ammad (sws) had declared his Prophethood. It is known that the Friday prayer was not unknown to the addressees of the Qur’a#n. They would offer the funeral prayer and would fast in the very manner we would fast today. Zaka#h too was known to them as a specific share in their wealth the way it is now. Regarding the worship rituals of h@ajj and ‘umrah, every knowledgeable person knows that though the Quraysh had added some religious innovations to them, the rites of these worship rituals which they offered were virtually the same as they are today. In fact, it is evident from certain narratives that people were even aware of these innovations. Consequently, there is a narrative in Bukha#ri# that the h@ajj offered by Muh@ammad (sws) before his prophethood was offered without these innovations of the Quraysh in the very manner it was offered ever since the time of Abraham (sws).
Same is the case with animal sacrifice, i‘tika#f, circumcision besides some other customs and etiquette of Islam. All these things were already known and specified and the Arabs were aware of them as age old traditions transferred by one generation to another. Thus there was no need for the Qur’a#n to give their details. They fully knew what the Arabic words which referred to them meant. If the Qur’a#n asked them to pray and to fast and to offer the h@ajj and to pay zaka#h, they fully knew what these terms meant. The Qur’a#n never gave them the first directive about these. It only reformed and revived them and explained some aspect – and that too to the extent of what was essential. All this tradition of the religion of Abraham (sws), which in religious parlance is called Sunnah, is regarded by the Qur’a#n as the religion of God, and it asks of its followers to fully adopt it:

ثُمَّ اَوْحَيْنَا اِلَيْكَ اَنِ اتَّبِعْ مِلَّۃَ اِبْرَاھِيمَ حَنِيفًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ (123:16)
Then We revealed to you to follow the ways of Abraham, who was true in faith and was not among the polytheists. (16:123)

By Ghamidhi in book mezaan

Edited by: ibrahim on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 7:09 AM
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Monday, August 27, 2007  -  9:48 AM Reply with quote
Salam bro.

Q:- Can you tell me that the kalimah you recite to become a muslim as a verse of Qur'an? So is that also not correct because it is out of Qur'an?

Reply:- So your Theory is to become a Muslim we should recite Only (at least) Kalimah!!! From where did you get this Theory brother? I did not find any such theory in the Qur’an. By the way, what is your kalimah according to your followed books (sources)???

My opinion as follows:

The Testimony of faith in the Torah reads:

"Hear, O' Israel : the Lord our God, the Lord is One." Deuteronomy 6:4-5

The Testimony given in the Quran affirms the same truth:

"God bears witness that there is no god except He, and so do the angels and those who possess knowledge." 3:18

The correct Testimony has no name in it except the name of God for the following reasons:

First and foremost, because it is the only Testimony authorised by God in the Quran.

"God bears witness that there is no god except He, and so do the angels and those who possess knowledge. Truthfully and equitably, there is no god but He, the Almighty, Most Wise." 3:18

The words (there is no god but God), which in Arabic are (La Ilaha Ila Allah), are the exact words which God Himself utters, also the angels and those who possess knowledge.

To add any words or names to the Testimony given by God, is like saying that the Testimony given to us by God is incomplete, or that God forgot the second half of the Testimony!!!

Needless to say, God NEVER forgets ……. !!!

God's Greatness is far beyond human understanding, so much so that we are not to associate anything or anybody with the name of God.

"You shall worship God alone, do not associate ANYTHING with Him." 4:36

"Say (O Muhammad), "I am no more than a human like you, being inspired that your God is One God. Those who hope to meet their Lord shall work righteousness, and never associate ANYBODY with the worship of their Lord." 18:110

Note the words:

"do not associate ANYTHING"

and in another other verse we read:

"do not associate ANYBODY" ........ this is to emphasis that we should not put the name of ANYTHING nor ANYBODY next to the name of God.

According to the Quranic definition (2:285), the concept of Al-Iman (Belief/Faith) comprises belief in the following items:

1- God

2- His Angels

3- His Scripture

4- His messengers

Belief in all four items is required for a person to be a believer, however there is no testiment required of the believer except for the first of these items (God).

There are those who try to justify their inclusion of the name of Muhammad in their Testimony by saying that when the Quran was revealed and Muhammad was sent by God, the Jews rejected him as a true messenger of God, and thus they say that they testify that Muhammad is the messenger of God to proclaime their acceptance of him, as opposed to the Jews and Christians who rejected him.

This argument is clearly flawed. It is clear that the Jews and Christians also reject the Quran as being the true word of God, hence and if these Muslims are sincere in merely wanting to proclaim their belief in what the Jews and Christians have rejected, then they should (by the same logic and motives) utter an additional testimony to say:

'There is no god but God and the Quran is the word of God' …. but do they?

To be continued…….
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Monday, August 27, 2007  -  9:50 AM Reply with quote
In continuation to the previous page

Why aren't any of these Muslims uttering such a testimony to declare their acceptance of the Quran?

In reality, their disguised motive is one of idolising Muhammad and placing his name alongside God's name in everything.

Indeed, God invites us to believe in the Quran, believe in Muhammad, and also believe in all the angels, Scripture and other messengers. As mentioned, God does not command us to testify to any of these. The only Testimony sanctioned by God is dedicated to the name of God Almighty ALONE. The reason for that is that the articles of belief (Belief in God, the angesl, scripture and messengers) are matters for the heart. However, the uttering of the Testimony is an ACT OF WORSHIP, and and since all our religious practices and worship must be dedicated to God alone (6:162), thus the Testimony must ipso facto be dedicated to the name of God alone.

Each of pillars of Islam is an ACT of WORSHIP. When we do our fasting for example, who do we fast for? God or Muhammad? It is for God alone. When we observe the Salat who do we worship God or Muhammad? When we do our Hajj who do we dedicate it for? And similarly, when we give Zakat who do we do it for? for God or for Muhammad?

Consequently, the Testimony, being the first and most important Act of Worship, should also be for the name of God alone.

This is in accordance with God's command:

"Say, "My Contact Prayers (Salat), my worship practices, my life and my death, are all devoted absolutely to God alone, the Lord of the universe.
"He has no partner. This is what I am commanded to believe, and I am the first to submit." 6:162-163

Also in the following verse we are told to dedicate all our religion (Shahada, Salat, Hajj …etc) to God alone:

"We sent down to you this scripture, truthfully; you shall worship God, devoting your religion to Him alone.

Absolutely, the religion shall be devoted to God alone. Those who set up idols beside Him say, "We idolize them only to bring us closer to God; for they are in a better position!" GOD will judge them regarding their disputes. God does not guide such liars, disbelievers." 39:2-3

We note that the words "religion shall be devoted to God alone" are repeated twice.

It is also interesting that all those who praise the name of Muhammad day and night say that they do this because God loves Muhammad so much and therefore this will bring them closer to God! Sadly, by doing so, they demonstrate how they are among those spoken of in the following Quranic words:

"Those who set up idols beside Him say, "We idolize them only to bring us closer to God; for they are in a better position!" 39:3

In reply to this claim, God says:

"God does not guide such liars, disbelievers" 39:3

The Fourth reason why the correct Testimony must contain the name of God and no one else is the fact that we are commanded in the Quran not to make ANY distinction between any of God's messengers:

"The messenger has believed in what was sent down to him from his Lord, and so did the believers. They believe in God, His angels, His scripture, and His messengers: "We make no distinction among any of His messengers." They say, "We hear, and we obey. Forgive us, our Lord. To You is the ultimate destiny." 2:285

Muhammad is indeed the messenger of God , but so is Abraham , Moses , Jesus, David and all the others. We should not make special preference for Muhammad because we are told in the Quran that he is only God's servant and he is not any different from any of the other messengers of God.

"Say (O Muhammad), "I AM NOT DIFFERENT FROM OTHER MESSENGERS. I have no idea what will happen to me or to you. I only follow what is revealed to me. I am no more than a profound warner." 46:9

To be continued……
sksamsherali

INDIA
Posted - Monday, August 27, 2007  -  9:52 AM Reply with quote
In continuation to the previous page……

Those who insist on making Muhammad greater than all the other messengers of God and call on him with such preferential titles such as 'Sayeduna Muhammad' (Our Lord Muhammad), and 'Sayed Al Khalq' (the Lord of all creation) and 'Ashraf Al- Mursaleen' (the Most honourable of all the messengers), and 'habib Allah' (God's sweetheart!) .... etc, are those who in their blind idol worship of Muhammad have rejected God's words in the Quran, such as:

"Say (O Muhammad), "I AM NOT DIFFERENT FROM OTHER MESSENGERS"

and:

"Say (O Muhammad), "I AM NO MORE THAN A HUMAN LIKE YOU …" 18:110

If they are just uttering the name of Muhammad in order to testify to his messengership (as they claim) why don't they ever say:

"There is no god but Allah and Moses is His messenger" !!

Moses too was the messenger of God, why do they not testify to that?

[A small advice here to the reader : NEVER go into a masjid and say these words …… the Muslims there would probably stone you to death!]

The Quran speaks of another testimony. This other testimony is only spoken by the hypocrites:
"When the hypocrites come to you they say 'We bear witness that you are the messenger of God' God knows that you are His messenger, and God bears witness that the hypocrites are liars" 63:1
From this verse we note a very significant observation. This observation becomes clear when we examine three important verbs in the verse:
1- The hypocrites saying "we bear witness that you are the messenger of God"
2- "God knows that you are His messenger"
3- "God bears witness that the hypocrites are liars"
We note that the verse starts with the words "bear witness" and ends with the same words, so why does God use the word "knows" in the middle of the verse? Why did God not say (God bears witness that you are His messenger)? Since nothing in the Quran is a coincidence, we must indeed be alerted to God's deliberate choice of the word "knows".
Could it be that God is telling us that the Testimony He prescribed for us does NOT include these words? For surely if God said (God bears witness that you are His messenger) then this would have constituted an integral part of the Testimony.

The fact that God declines from saying 'bear witness that you are His messenger' and instead says 'knows that you are His messenger' confirms that the only lawful Testimony authorised by God is for the name of God alone (3:18), and that all other testimonies are false and are acts of idol worship.

We are given in the Quran a great criteria for distinguishing the sincere believers from the hypocrites. In 39:45, we are told that those who do not believe will not be able to proclaim God's name on its own, they must include the name of their idol/s in order to be satisfied:

"When GOD ALONE is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter shrink with aversion. But when others are mentioned beside Him, they become satisfied." 39:45

The Testimony is one such criteria where true believers are tested in the purity of their faith. The true believers will have no problem uttering the correct Testimony which is given in the Quran (3:18) and which has no name in it except the name of God. On the other hand, the ones who have set up idols besides God, will never be satisfied with the Quranic Testimony on its own. They will not be able to utter the Quranic Shahada without adding to it a further testimony for Muhammad.

Samsher.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
61 62
Next page >>
Page 52 of 62

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker