AuthorTopic
daneste64

USA
Topic initiated on Tuesday, June 15, 2004  -  7:35 PM Reply with quote
I became Muslim, Alhamdulillah!

Dear Brothers and Sisters:

Bismillah!
Assalamu Alaikum!
After a long journey in my life, and with Allah's Mercy, I accepted Islam in my heart and mind. I formally expressed verbally the Shahadda in one of the local Masjids in Miami, USA two weeks ago.
I feel like the happiest man in the entire world, and I cannot stop of telling others about this wonderful experience.
I've been participating in Studying Islam before, as a friend, but my duties allowed me little time to "extras". Now, I am commited to learn more from inside the Community, of course, learning from the elders in the Masjid.
But, Inshallah, I will return to the participation in this forum, now as a brother in Islam.
Praise is to Allah, the Most Beneficient, Who by His Mercy wanted to call me to the True Religion of Islam. I am only His servant. I will be thankful my entire life for this gift.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share this with all of you.

Daniel
libra

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, June 15, 2004  -  9:11 PM Reply with quote
Brother.......Aslam-o-alaikum....
I congratulate and welcome you in the Muslim community..
Allah may bless you with wisdom about DEEN .
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, June 21, 2004  -  7:57 AM Reply with quote
Welcome Brother

Allah's blessings be with you.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, June 21, 2004  -  1:07 PM Reply with quote
assalamoalaykum and Cngrats dearest br

i remember u hv been discussing certain issues on forums last year with very positive contribution and great zeal.
a dua' for u as a gift on this beautiful occasion

surah Isra(17) verse 80

May Lord be by ur side always. amen
remember us in dua's

regards

Edited by: hkhan on Monday, June 21, 2004 3:56 PM
Nasreen

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, June 21, 2004  -  3:36 PM Reply with quote
assalamu aleikum brother, Congratulations!

Welcome and you are very lucky to embrace islam, the most Truthful.
as you know muslim means the one who submits to the Creator, so our prayers r with u that u should remain a true and humble servant of Lord, as shud all of us. amen.

best regards and prayers
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, June 21, 2004  -  5:35 PM Reply with quote
cn u plz tel us wat bought u 2 islam
wat did u find most atractive about our religion
id love 2 hear about it
sumtyms it can b a real eye opener 4 those already practicing islam since birth and remind us of how luky we r 2 b guided
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, June 21, 2004  -  10:56 PM Reply with quote
cn u plz tel us wat bought u 2 islam
wat did u find most atractive about our religion
id love 2 hear about it
sumtyms it can b a real eye opener 4 those already practicing islam since birth and remind us of how luky we r 2 b guided
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, June 22, 2004  -  11:56 AM Reply with quote
assalamoalaykum brother Daniel

All of us here at berkshire studying Islam circle present our warm welcome to you and as we are studying Qura'n and understanding the Sunnah presently, we invite you and pray for you to live your life according to same as this is what will take us to prosperity InshAllah

best wishes

Members @ Studying Islam,Berks, UK
daneste64

USA
Posted - Tuesday, June 22, 2004  -  5:26 PM Reply with quote
Dear Brothers and Sisters:
Alhamdulillah! Thank you for your prayers and support.
It is interesting what brought me into Islam. This is in brief my story:
I have been a catholic priest for five years. A sincere believer, honest, and also very curious.
After a couple of years in the ministry, I started to have doubts and crisis began quickly in my heart. Things such as ignorance, the seek of powerful positions, the "fight" for ambitious positions and profitable parishes, and other problems soon arouse in my mind. I began to loose faith and hope. Little by little, I was only performing rites without sense, and asking questions or presenting my doubts with a common answer of "it is better not to ask those things....".
I have to mention this: people was so wonderful, and many of them still in contact with me. And as much as I can tell, sincere believers.
The questions was... believing in what?
I was literally asking why Jesus preaching was so different from Paul's teachings, and contradictions from the Old testament with the new so evident... What if... everything is wrong?
With no answers and no support (my bishop punished me to stay in a poor parish for preaching doubtful ideas. Now I think it was a blessing...).
I got depress and almost sick. My family, specially my sister -who lives here in US- came to visit me in my country (Argentina) and forced me to make a desition (in a way of speaking).
Shortly after her visit and long conversation with good friends, I resigned, and came to the United States leaving there the priesthood, and also my shaking faith.
Now on I simply defined myself as agnostic, with no faith, no god, no nothing. I was sick and tired of religion, and so forth.
After three years in that condition, while taking classes at the University, I was walking down the Hall when I came across with a group of Muslim Students. I din't even know the Prophet's name (ashame of me...). To me, Islam was purely an arab religion without really importance for us today...
They kindly oferred to me a booklet to read. I have it here:
"The Purpose of Creation"by Dr. A.A.B. Philips.
I literally was astonished, and also very confused. All my "understanding"was falling down...
and new concepts, a new message was coming....
After reading it, I went back and initiated a fluency of reading material, back and forth, and eventually, I sat with a couple of brothers, and started to talk about Islam and my life.
Shortly after, I got the Holy Qurán for the very first time in my life. Reading its translation was powerful enough to make me cry feeling the message. I can tell, since that day, the Qur'an moves my heart every time I read it.
I can say that I was looking for the TRUTH as I never did before. I was hungry of a real GOD. And HE, Exalted be His Name, was there, calling my name.
The Journey took me about 8 months of sincere research, praying with simple words what to do, asking for guidance. Finally I say to myself... What am I waiting for?
I a local Masjid I said Shahadda. I am a very happy man now.
Praise be only to Allah. He is the Only One, the Creator.
This is my humble story, in brief, and Alla knows best.
Salam Alaikkum.
Your brother in Islam, Daniel.
(sorry for the extension of this mail...)
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, June 25, 2004  -  11:12 AM Reply with quote
Dear Brother Daniel,
Assalam o Alaikum

First of all accept my heartiest congratulations on accepting this beautiful religion of ALLAH. Well your story is very encouraging and we all should share it with as many people as we can and we will InshALLAH.

What i was wondering is what is the behaviour of your family members and your friends. Is there any change, and if yes then is it positive or not ? More importantly, are you planning to call your family members and your friends to this TRUTH what you have accepted.

May ALLAH's help and blessing always with you and all of us.

I just wanted to mention one more thing, in your post u have written "Salam Alaikkum", what i believe is you should say it as :
"As Salam Alaikkum" because the meaning is changed. Thats what i have also heard and not sure about it. I am sure that someone will explain it to me as well.
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, June 25, 2004  -  11:13 AM Reply with quote
Dear Brother Daniel,
Assalam o Alaikum

First of all accept my heartiest congratulations on accepting this beautiful religion of ALLAH. Well your story is very encouraging and we all should share it with as many people as we can and we will InshALLAH.

What i was wondering is what is the behaviour of your family members and your friends. Is there any change, and if yes then is it positive or not ? More importantly, are you planning to call your family members and your friends to this TRUTH what you have accepted.

May ALLAH's help and blessing always with you and all of us.

I just wanted to mention one more thing, in your post u have written "Salam Alaikkum", what i believe is you should say it as :
"As Salam Alaikkum" because the meaning is changed. Thats what i have also heard and not sure about it. I am sure that someone will explain it to me as well.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, June 26, 2004  -  6:27 AM Reply with quote
may Allah bless u dear br daniel 'n keep u stead fast with His special help as indeed it must b a time of trial, breaking relations and many more.
I think br daniel meant to send peace by salams and wen we write it in english version,(roman urdu/arabic) spellings can b different .
however if spelled wrong wen writing in arabic may change meaning
salams
daneste64

USA
Posted - Saturday, June 26, 2004  -  2:54 PM Reply with quote
Yes, I have to write: Assalamu instead. I began to study the basics of arabic, and I asked about it.
Thanks!
Malix

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, June 28, 2004  -  10:25 AM Reply with quote
AS-SALAM-O-LIKUM Brothr Daniel
Congratulations on acptin islam 4m me n my family. May Allah bless u brothr Dnaiel.
SALAM
nazek

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, June 28, 2004  -  10:29 AM Reply with quote
Congratulations

May Allah guide u always to the right path, and that's the way for sincere (believers) like yourself.
keithwood57

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, June 29, 2004  -  9:11 AM Reply with quote
Daniel,
assalamoalaykum.
From someone who has recently started on The Path - congratulations.
My heart, too, leaps when I read the Qur'an.
Remember me in your prayers.
Keith (England)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 1 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker