<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, February 12, 2010  -  6:18 PM Reply with quote
....which i think has mostly disturbed the social setup like family and marriage etc
self harm like extremes of depression, hopelessness, reclining to weak supports like drugs, alcohol and so on
religion turns one's mind and heart to a greater and harmless, rather beneficial support like the concept of God & hope to live & achieve because of the belief in Hereafter.
don't u think so?
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, February 13, 2010  -  1:34 PM Reply with quote
I agree with everything you have said about religion but I still don't think we should be teaching religion to children at schools. In a multi faith society what religion can we teach our children, they are too many even to name and then more importantly which interpretation of the religion should be taught at schools? This can cause conflict and confusion among children and as a result divide them further.

On the other hand, if we teach them moral values which are common to all religions, we will actually be teaching them fundamentals of a religion and more importantly it will not cause them any confusion.

Edited by: lofty on Saturday, February 13, 2010 1:37 PM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker