Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Friday, January 15, 2010  -  10:10 PM Reply with quote
Pearl~self assessment

You grow up the day you have your first real laugh at yourself.
Ethel Barrymore (1879-1959)
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, January 23, 2010  -  3:37 PM Reply with quote
If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or material objects.

Don't tie it especially to people that can be so fatal. (Did I not post this here before? Did admin delet it because it was not relevant to the thread?)
StudentAffairs

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, January 24, 2010  -  7:09 PM Reply with quote
It does not matter if it is irrelevant. Do keep sending in your posts.
However, these Pearls are posted for a moment of thought for you.
Send us your experience when you laughed at yourself .
sheila

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, January 24, 2010  -  9:46 PM Reply with quote
uncles and aunties please pray for me. i have test tomorrow.I can't sleep because i have got so worried
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, January 24, 2010  -  10:08 PM Reply with quote
Good luck sheila. What kind of test is this? And let us know how it went.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, January 28, 2010  -  4:35 PM Reply with quote
nice to c u after a while lofty bhai~where hv u been
doosron ke pearls par advice karne ke bajae kabhi apne pearls bhi bhaij diya karen

and how many courses u hv done with us btw. hope u enjoying. (or i suppose u r attending uiuk circles regularly~ how r they going)

salam.h
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, January 29, 2010  -  3:22 PM Reply with quote
This is my pearl Henna, I have been around but when I have nothing to contribute to forum I become silent listener. I have not seen you either for a while, where have you been? I have, unfortunately, neither done any courses nor have I been in touch with uiuk circles. waise abhi kuch karna chahiye!
sheila

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, January 31, 2010  -  8:29 AM Reply with quote
Thank you uncle.sorry i usually get to use the computer only when I visit my aunty and uncle. my test was not so well. please tell me more about Lakshmi. Here Lakshmi puja is celebrated on a certain full moon night of which i keep forgetting the name.
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, February 1, 2010  -  12:49 PM Reply with quote
aww I am sorry to hear that beta janni. by the way muslims worships no god but one true God, I don't have a clue what lakshami puja is, it sounds like you are on wrong forum putar ji.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, February 1, 2010  -  6:27 PM Reply with quote
kiya hua lofty chaccha~aap ko ma'loom nahee that in india, just like in europe, children hv to do Religious studies @ schools which includes all faiths; and i feel this rather gives more knowledge to children about their own religion as they do comparative study~ they can make out the logical facts more thoughtfully & knowingly rather than just in inheritance as a blind faith;
btw...am surprised how u say u r unaware while living in a multi faith society like uk..? why?? yeh pakistan nahee hae pa' jee
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, February 2, 2010  -  4:08 PM Reply with quote
Well, I did most of my schooling and then higher education in Europe but I was not aware that Muslims are made to worship idols at britian's schools? I have never even heard my cousins mention such thing who go to british schools. If this is the case, I am personally oppose to such horrible practice! I went to international school of Hamburg which was genuinely multi-cultural/faith school, we never had to perform any religious rituals, lakshami puja sounds like worshipping an idol or something of the sort?
shehzads

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, February 3, 2010  -  10:23 AM Reply with quote
And would you say there is a difference between "learning or studying" and worshipping Lofty :)
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, February 4, 2010  -  12:08 PM Reply with quote
If this is the case then I guess it's ok.
Henna used the words, "children have to do religious duties at schools" which caused confusion!
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, February 6, 2010  -  11:22 AM Reply with quote
Usman bhayya zara ainak laga kar dekhen 'Religious studies' hee likha he
anyway its great to know that u have done religious studies at schools here. tell us about it~do u think it was worth? coz some muslim parents i hv come across as a pparent governor, feel threatened to let their children study about other religions?
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, February 7, 2010  -  2:08 PM Reply with quote
No that's not what I said! I had said, I attended my school in Germany (international school of Hamburg) where we were neither taught any religion nor we had to perform any religious duties at school. I think, children at schools should be taught moral values which are common to all religions as well as atheists. We should not be teaching them any religion at all!
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, February 10, 2010  -  9:40 PM Reply with quote
kewn bhai;abhi aap ka 'secularism' se dil nahe bhara kiya west mein iss ke results dekh dekh kar bhi :)
(hvnt u got fed up with the results of secularism in the west yet:)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker