Next page >>
Page 1 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Tuesday, December 23, 2008  -  2:17 PM Reply with quote
Will suicide bomber go to Jannah?

No human has a perfect knowledge and God looks at our intentions not deeds, right? In other words if you intend to go for Jihad but get killed by some lunatic as soon as you set foot out of your home, you will be considered martyr.

Now, let’s say, if a suicide bomber is convinced that his action is right and he blows himself up, killing many innocent people in the process, would he be considered martyr? Similarly, if a scientist considers his work to be part of his faith/jihad and builds weapons of mass destruction (as we are instructed to do in Surah Anfal) that will eventually be used to kill innocent people, would he considered martyr before God. Please note both suicide bomber and scientist is convinced that their actions are correct and they are doing it solely to achieve the pleasure of Allah. I understand killing of innocent people is not allowed in Islam under any circumstances. Let’s assume suicide bomber and scientist, however, were not aware of this fact. What fate would they meet on other side of life? Will they be considered martyrs before God in here after? Let me reiterate the fact that no human has perfect knowledge and can never even achieve perfect knowledge. Muslims scholars have constantly disagreed on such issues.
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 23, 2008  -  4:06 PM Reply with quote
Let me add one more thing:

Is Allah going to keep his promise. i.e. if a person does something for Him with a right intention, God will accept his deed. I agree killing of innocent people is not allowed, but we are making an assumption here that suicide bomber did not know about it. After all, none of us has perfect knowledge.
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 23, 2008  -  7:25 PM Reply with quote
I guess my question boils down to this: If a person does a wrong act but with a right intention, considering none of us has perfect knowledge and God judge us by our intentions, will he be blessed or punished for his deed? Please answer in the light of Quran and Sunnah.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, December 24, 2008  -  7:43 AM Reply with quote
Good intentions do not change the nature of forbidden
actions. The ignorant should not misconstrue the meaning
of the hadith and think that good intentions could turn
forbidden actions into acceptable ones. The above saying of the
Prophet (saw) specifically relattes to acts of worship and
permissible actions, not to forbidden ones. Worship and
permissible actions can be turned into forbidden ones because of
the intentions behind them, and permissible actions can become
either good or bad deeds by intention; but wrong actions cannot
become acts of worship, even with good intentions.(3) When bad
intentsions are accompanied by flaws in the actions themselves,
then their gravity and punishment are multiplied.
http://www.jannah.org/articles/purific2.html
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, December 24, 2008  -  7:53 AM Reply with quote
Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim relate in their Sahih Hadith that Abu Hurairah (may Allah be well pleased with them all) narrated: “The Prophet, sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi wa sallam, was once in his mosque when a man entered the mosque and went to pray, then he came to the Prophet to greet him, the Prophet, sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, said to him: wa alaikum assalam, go back and pray because you did not pray, the man went back and prayed like he first did, then came back to the Prophet greeting him, the Prophet asked him to go back again and pray because he did not pray, it happened three consecutive times, the companion prays and the prophet tells him to repeat his prayer until finally the companion said: O Prophet of Allah, by Him who sent you to us with the truth, I do not know how to pray any better, please teach me, the Prophet then started teaching him the prayer in detail.”

This hadith has many valuable lessons, such as how one should pray, the importance of knowledge, and so on and so forth. This hadith also demonstrates the importance on acting upon our intentions. From this hadith, we know that this particular person is indeed a Sahabi, a Companion of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), since the definition of a Sahabi is anyone who made any form of contact with our Beloved (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) whether it was seeing him for five minutes, hearing him, or in his presence (Imam Suyuti mentioned that the Companions can be divided into eleven categories). Therefore, we can not question this Sahabi’s intentions. And the intention of this Sahabi was to perform salah, or prayer, which is an extremely noble intention. However, since he did not perform the prayer properly, hence he had to redo it three times, until Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) taught him to pray properly. Thus, this shows that having sincere intentions are not enough, but should be acted upon based upon the knowledge we have gained. By not performing this act of worship properly, saying that one had the intention at least, is not sufficient and can make that act of worship invalid and incomplete. Thus, the intention must be acted upon correctly. From these ahadith, we can clearly see and conclude the importance of acting upon our intentions. Having good intentions is great, but they must be acted upon since good intentions are not enough. And we must act upon these intentions using the knowledge we have. Acting upon intentions allows for us to obtain more rewards and good deeds from Allah (Glorified is He and Exalted) than merely making an intention. This should motivate us to act more upon our intentions. In addition, even the Sahaba, which is the greatest title any Muslim would want, acted upon their intentions. Regardless of this title, when they engaged an act of worship with a sincere intention, they had to act upon it correctly.
Imam al-Nawawi said: “Intention is the measure for rendering actions true, so that, where intention is sound, action is sound, and where it is corrupt, then action is corrupt.” (Sufyan Yunus)
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, December 24, 2008  -  2:48 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Good intentions do not change the nature of forbidden
actions. The ignorant should not misconstrue the meaning
of the hadith and think that good intentions could turn
forbidden actions into acceptable ones. The above saying of the
Prophet (saw) specifically relattes to acts of worship and
permissible actions, not to forbidden ones. Worship and
permissible actions can be turned into forbidden ones because of
the intentions behind them, and permissible actions can become
either good or bad deeds by intention; but wrong actions cannot
become acts of worship, even with good intentions.(3) When bad
intentsions are accompanied by flaws in the actions themselves,
http://www.jannah.org/articles/purific2.html

What you believe to be forbidden action may not be forbidden to others. Whether action is right or wrong is debatable. Even if you reach a certain conclusion there is always possibilty of it being wrong. There are many scholars out there who have spoken in favour of suicide bombings under certain circumstances.

Here, we are making an assumption that suicide bomber tried to find the truth first and he reached a position in favour of suicide bombing. We are also assuming that his intentions were right and he blew himself up solely to achieve the pleasure of Allah.

On judgement day if God sends the bomber to hell; he would raise an objection, O my Lord, I did this act for your pleasure, if I was wrong why did you not show me right path. How do you think God would respond then?

When a Judge declares a verdict to settle a dispute between two parties; if his verdict is right he would get reward for it; if his verdict is wrong do you think he will be punished for it? Again, we are assuming here that intention of judge is good!
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Thursday, December 25, 2008  -  8:43 AM Reply with quote
quote:

On judgement day if God sends the bomber to hell; he would raise an objection, O my Lord, I did this act for your pleasure, if I was wrong why did you not show me right path. How do you think God would respond then?

''Allah knows the best''is the best answer.
We must understand that people are going to be rewarded not only on the basis of 'intentions'but 'deeds' as well.

A 'sin'is 'a bad action'done knowingly and with full intention of causing harm.

First,No one except Allah knows the intention so the assumption itself is wrong.Second,How Allah will react to human pleadings is beyond human imagination.Anything spoken on behalf of Allah is subjected to crossing the boundries,as I believe.

quote:

Here, we are making an assumption that suicide bomber tried to find the truth first and he reached a position in favour of suicide bombing.

I suppose ,during the process of attainment of 'the truth' a suicide bomber must have come across these 'narrations'before making his/her mind:

“Do not kill yourselves. Verily, Allah is Merciful to you. And, whoever does that, out of aggresson and injusice. We shall burn him in a Fire. And that is easy for Allah.” [Holy Qur’an, 4:29-30]

"And fight in the way of Allah those who fight you. But do not transgress limits. Truly Allah loves not the transgressors."

- Qur'an, Surah Al-Baqarah (2:190)

17:33 And do not take any human being's life -[the life] which God has willed to be, sacred-otherwise than in [the pursuit of] justice. [38] Hence, if anyone has been slain wrongfully, We have empowered the defender of his rights [to exact a just retribution] ; [39] but even so, let him not exceed the bounds of equity in [retributive] killing. [40] [And as for him who has been slain wrongfully -] behold, he is indeed succoured [by God] ! [41]

"O ye who believe! Remain steadfast for Allah, bearing witness to justice. Do not allow your hatred for others make you swerve to wrongdoing and turn you away from justice. Be just; that is closer to true piety."

- Qur'an, Surah al-Maidah (5:8)

The Messenger of Allah , may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and the disbelievers faced each other and started fighting. When the Messenger of Allah returned to his camp and when the disbelievers returned to their camp, someone talked about a man amongst the Companions of the Messenger of Allah who had been pursuing and killing with his sword any disbelievers fleeing alone. He said, ‘No one fought as hard today as that man.’ The Messenger of Allah said, ‘Truly, he is one of the people of the Fire.’ A man among the people said, ‘I shall follow him [to see what he does.’ So he followed him, and wherever he stood, he would stand with him, and wherever he ran, he would run with him. Then the man was wounded seriously and decided to bring about his own death quickly. He slanted the blade of the sword in the ground directing its sharp end towards his chest between his two breasts. Then he leaned on the sword and killed himself. The other man came to the Messenger of Allah , may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said, ‘I testify that you are the Messenger of Allah.’ The Prophet asked, ‘What happened?’ He replied, ‘[It is about] the man whom you described as being one of the people of the Fire. The people were greatly surprised at what you said, and so I said, “I will find out his reality for you.’ So I followed him and watched him. He was severely wounded, and hastened to die by slanting the blade of his sword in the ground and directing its sharp end towards his chest between his two breasts. Then he leant on his sword and killed himself. Then the Messenger of Allah , may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,
‘A man may seem to the people as if he were practicing the deeds of the people of Paradise while in fact he is from the people of the Fire, and another may seem to the people as if he were practicing the deeds of the people of the Hell, while in fact he is from the people of the Garden.’ [al-Bukhari]

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "The first of people to be judged on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who died a martyr. He will be brought forward and Allah will make him recount his blessings and he will do so. Then Allah will ask: 'What did you do for these blessings?' He will say: 'I fought on your behalf until I was martyred.' Allah will say: 'You are lying. You fought so that the people would call you brave, and indeed they called you that.' Then he will be summoned and dragged on his face until he is cast into Hell. Another will be a man who acquired knowledge and imparted it and recited the Qur'ân.[Sahîh Muslim]

‘So, We decreed for the tribe of Israel that if someone kills another person - unless it is in retaliation forsomeone else or for causing corruption in the earth - it is as if he had murdered all of mankind.’ [Holy Qur’an, 5:32]

‘As for anyone who kills a mu’min [believing Muslim] deliberately, his repayment is Hell, remaining in it timelessly, forever. Allah is angry with him and has cursed him, and has prepared from a terrible punishment.’ [Holy Qur’an, 4:93]

‘The cessation of the temporal world is less significant to Allah than the killing of a single Muslim person.’ [al-Nasai]

The Prophet said, “Whoever killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims shall not smell the fragrance of Paradise though its fragrance is perceived from a distance of forty years” [al-Bukhari].

The Prophet forbade the killing of women and children. [Malik]
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, December 25, 2008  -  2:27 PM Reply with quote
This is a hypothetical question and we are assuming that suicide bomber thought his action was correct. After all none of us has perfect knowledge and we can never even achieve perfect knowledge.

Let me ask same question from a different perspective. When a judge declares verdict in court to settle a dispute between two parties, if his verdict is correct he will be rewarded. However, if he has reached a wrong verdict, with good intention though, will he be punished?

I believe he will still be rewarded because his intention was good. Similarly, if a suicide bomber blows himself up, killing innocent people in the process, he will still be rewarded despite his horrific act because his intention was right. We are making an assumption here that both judge and suicide bomber have taken respective actions after thorough research and they are convinced their actions are correct. God has promised us that he will not hold us responsible for something we do not know. "Allah does not lay a responsibility on anyone beyond his capacity". Quran (2:286)

Your comments please!
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, December 26, 2008  -  2:00 AM Reply with quote
quote:

When a judge declares verdict in court to settle a dispute between two parties, ..................if he has reached a wrong verdict, with good intention though, will he be punished?

I believe he will still be rewarded because his intention was good.

Lofty, that statement of yours is against the sayings of the Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam. I quote from raushan Posted - Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 7:43 AM
quote:

Worship and permissible actions can become either good or bad deeds by intention; but

wrong actions cannot become acts of worship, even with good intentions.

When bad intentsions are accompanied by flaws in the actions themselves,

I hope this answers your question and Ialso hope that you will yourself declare about this in your thread in the other Islamic forums where you have been posting similar questions.

Edited by: aboosait on Friday, December 26, 2008 2:19 AM
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 26, 2008  -  2:58 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

When a judge declares verdict in court to settle a dispute between two parties, ..................if he has reached a wrong verdict, with good intention though, will he be punished?

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If the judge rules and strives his utmost to work it out and gets it right, he will have two rewards, and if he rules and strives his utmost to work it out and gets it wrong, he will have one reward.” [Bukhari & Muslim]

Does this hadith contradict the one you have narrated? This hadith is authentic! Let me give you a verse from Quran which will prove my contention is correct.

"Allah does not lay a responsibility on anyone beyond his capacity". (2:286)

Maulana Mawdudi explains the above verse in his tafseer as follows:

"Man's answerability to God is limited to by the extent of his ability". If suicide bomber does not even know what he is doing is wrong, how can he be taknen to task for it.

Moreover, Shehzad Saleem, student of Mr. Ghamidi also agree with my contention. Thank you

Lofty, that statement of yours is against the sayings of the Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam. I quote from raushan Posted - Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 7:43 AM
quote:

Worship and permissible actions can become either good or bad deeds by intention; but

I hope this answers your question and Ialso hope that you will yourself declare about this in your thread in the other Islamic forums where you have been posting similar questions.

lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 26, 2008  -  2:59 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If the judge rules and strives his utmost to work it out and gets it right, he will have two rewards, and if he rules and strives his utmost to work it out and gets it wrong, he will have one reward.” [Bukhari & Muslim]

Does this hadith contradict the one you have narrated? This hadith is authentic! Let me give you a verse from Quran which will prove my contention is correct.

"Man's answerability to God is limited to by the extent of his ability". If suicide bomber does not even know what he is doing is wrong, how can he be taknen to task for it.

Moreover, Shehzad Saleem, student of Mr. Ghamidi also agree with my contention. Thank you

quote:

lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 26, 2008  -  3:02 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, December 26, 2008  -  4:47 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Let me give you a verse from Quran which will prove my contention is correct.

Lofty,
You have stated “Let me give you a verse from Quran which will prove my contention is correct.”but quoted only a fragment of the verse (2:286).

Please red the whole verse and you will get the answer without any explanation. If at all you need any further explanation you may look for it in the authentic books of Hadith or in the sayings of the Salaf.

Al-Baqara (The Cow) Verse (2:286)

لاَ يُكَلِّفُ اللّهُ نَفْسًا إِلاَّ وُسْعَهَا لَهَا مَا كَسَبَتْ وَعَلَيْهَا مَا اكْتَسَبَتْ رَبَّنَا لاَ تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِن نَّسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لاَ طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَآ أَنتَ مَوْلاَنَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ (2:286)

Translation of the meanings in English:
2:286 God does not burden any human being with more than he is well able to bear: in his favour shall be whatever good he does, and against him whatever evil he does. O our Sustainer! Take us not to task if we forget or unwittingly do wrong! "O our Sustainer! Lay not upon us a burden such as Thou didst lay upon those who lived before us! [278] O our Sustainer! Make us not bear burdens which we have no strength to bear! "And efface Thou our sins, and grant us forgiveness, and bestow Thy mercy upon us! Thou art our Lord Supreme: succour us, then, against people who deny the truth!"

Note 278 (Quran Ref: 2:286 )
A reference to the heavy burden of rituals imposed by the Law of Moses upon the children of Israel, as well as the world-renunciation recommended by Jesus to his followers.(Quran Ref: 2:286 )
quote:

If suicide bomber does not even know what he is doing is wrong, how can he be taknen to task for it.

If he has not read and understood the Qur’an and the Sunnah but acted uon the advice of so called “scholars” the “scholars” will also be taken to task along with him but he cannot escape punishment by passing the buck on to his “buzurgs" who misguided him because he had access to the Qur’an and Hadith but prefered not to open and read those books but blindly followed the Buzurgs.

Edited by: aboosait on Friday, December 26, 2008 4:56 PM
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 26, 2008  -  6:17 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

Let me give you a verse from Quran which will prove my contention is correct.

Lofty,
You have stated “Let me give you a verse from Quran which will prove my contention is correct.”but quoted only a fragment of the verse (2:286).

Please red the whole verse and you will get the answer without any explanation. If at all you need any further explanation you may look for it in the authentic books of Hadith or in the sayings of the Salaf.

Al-Baqara (The Cow) Verse (2:286)

لاَ يُكَلِّفُ اللّهُ نَفْسًا إِلاَّ وُسْعَهَا لَهَا مَا كَسَبَتْ وَعَلَيْهَا مَا اكْتَسَبَتْ رَبَّنَا لاَ تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِن نَّسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لاَ طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَآ أَنتَ مَوْلاَنَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ (2:286)

Translation of the meanings in English:
2:286 God does not burden any human being with more than he is well able to bear: in his favour shall be whatever good he does, and against him whatever evil he does. O our Sustainer! Take us not to task if we forget or unwittingly do wrong! "O our Sustainer! Lay not upon us a burden such as Thou didst lay upon those who lived before us! [278] O our Sustainer! Make us not bear burdens which we have no strength to bear! "And efface Thou our sins, and grant us forgiveness, and bestow Thy mercy upon us! Thou art our Lord Supreme: succour us, then, against people who deny the truth!"

Note 278 (Quran Ref: 2:286 )
A reference to the heavy burden of rituals imposed by the Law of Moses upon the children of Israel, as well as the world-renunciation recommended by Jesus to his followers.(Quran Ref: 2:286 )
quote:

If suicide bomber does not even know what he is doing is wrong, how can he be taknen to task for it.

If he has not read and understood the Qur’an and the Sunnah but acted uon the advice of so called “scholars” the “scholars” will also be taken to task along with him but he cannot escape punishment by passing the buck on to his “buzurgs" who misguided him because he had access to the Qur’an and Hadith but prefered not to open and read those books but blindly followed the Buzurgs.

Edited by: aboosait on Friday, December 26, 2008 4:56 PM

What you believe to be forbidden action may not be forbidden to others. Whether action is right or wrong is debatable. Even if you reach a certain conclusion there is always possibilty of it being wrong. There are many scholars out there who have spoken in favour of suicide bombings under certain circumstances.

Here, we are making an assumption that suicide bomber tried to find the truth first and he reached a position in favour of suicide bombing. We are also assuming that his intentions were right and he blew himself up solely to achieve the pleasure of Allah.
mbellos

NIGERIA
Posted - Friday, December 26, 2008  -  11:35 PM Reply with quote
Assalamoeleikumwarahmatullah wabarakatuhu

May akkah save us from such a despair that forces people to take away their lives,but Islam teaches that Life is a big test and when things go wrong, one needs to ask Allah to make the test easy for them and ask for more and more patience instead of killing themselves or others. Nothing in Islamic and previous religions Shariah gives the directive of Suicide. Waalahu aelam. Weleikumassalam.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, December 27, 2008  -  2:10 AM Reply with quote
Lofty wrote:
quote:

............... Even if you reach a certain conclusion there is always possibilty of it being wrong. There are many scholars out there who have spoken in favour of suicide bombings under certain circumstances............
"possibilty of it being wrong" surely exists where people blindly follow their so called "scholars"; but not whwere one comes to a conclusion based on the teachings of the Qur'an and the Sunnah.
Lofty wrote:
quote:

Here, we are making an assumption that
    suicide bomber tried to find the truth first and he reached a position in favour of suicide bombing.
    his intentions were right and he blew himself up solely to achieve the pleasure of Allah.

And what do you want(us)toassumenext?

Edited by: aboosait on Saturday, December 27, 2008 2:13 AM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 1 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker