Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Sunday, November 4, 2007  -  8:38 AM Reply with quote
emergency imposed in pakistan

as i returned from a whole day tiring trip yesterday with girls on a water sports- where to my surprise our team won the gold medal for making our own raft and winning the race in rowing it-(although whilst endeavouring to make the raft, i thought it would be a waste as we had never made it before)
but as i was telling this exciting story to my husband and switched the TV on for news from our dear land, i saw the president of pakistan with red alert on the screen 'Emergency Imposed'-the smile vanished from my face and everything went to silence!

a few days back when there was a row about a new fiction film release in pakistan of a love story in a local language by the same media network'GEO' i was telling my husband that i wish our media uses their resources for something constructive for the nation-when they are in dier need of positive education to a tremendous extent, they are pushing them behind into a world of fantacy and dreams -away from the practicalities of life and to things which our religion does not approve anyway-a culture of immodesty and illicit relationships between opposite sex- and i said that it looked like some v. important decision was in process behind the scenes again-because whenver such has to happen, certain media comes forward(who is well-paid for such jobs) and diverts the public attention largely so that quietly and silently, things are imposed.......

may God save our land and people from every calamity;whatever happens there effects us directly-no matter where we are-'coz our heart beats are shared between here and there.

it is time for our nation to come out of the worlds of fantacies which are imposed on us to impose some sort of calamity following that; we all have to come together and try hard to remove the darkness of ignorance around us.

see the latest article on our site about education and revival

http://www.studying-islam.org/articletext.aspx?id=1123

wassala'm and best wishes

Edited by: hkhan on Monday, November 05, 2007 10:43 PM
faust786

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, November 6, 2007  -  1:58 AM Reply with quote
Assalam o Alaikum !

I read that post and it removed a misconception from my mind that the Pakistanis living abroad must be laughing at the country they left to settle in some country of good fortune.

However, if not Pakistanis, the people from all over the world might be laughing at us that how Pakistani Governments respect the law of their land.

One sad thing to notice here is that people are aloof. They can not even exercise their right freely to protest the tyrannic oppression of the judiciary because of the Terrorists threat.

The Martial Law, not emergency, has been imposed on our country twice by General Musharraf. It is sad. People are feeling disrespected, Law is being trampled, Rights are being infringed.

In this situation it is pertinent to ask what Islam tells us to fight for the Justice and how ? As the Justice delayed is Justice denied, we must realize something urgent is needed.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, November 7, 2007  -  11:37 AM Reply with quote
actually the situation is quite frustrating.
on one hand pakistanis are feeling angry and hv been protesting against the state decision here in west as well. but on the other hand, if they continue to do this, it will be a reason for the outside forces to intervene and make ways for invasion. therefore the public has to be very careful in whatever they say or act and ask Allah for the forgiveness of our sins and to guide us to what is the most right.

perhaps these are the moments God has provided us with to ponder and assess our day to day lives and efforts; what is the aim of our life and where are we heading to. we are supposed to give benefit to the whole world, let alone not being able to support ourselves.

may be the state had no other way of controlling the chaos which had initiated. or even if it did, in the present situation if we made a big fuss within and outside pakistan, it will be favourable only for the anti-pakistan forces.
faust786

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, November 7, 2007  -  6:06 PM Reply with quote
Your assertion that the foreign forces might intervene and make ways to invade Pakistan if the situation remains volatile might be true. But this must be kept in mind that who will like to come in hell ? Do any enemy of Pakistan will want to come physically here ? No ! they would, as they have previously supported dictatorships , support the military dictators which is the real cause of all the ills of Pakistan.

This is not the time to be silent and fearful.

We might be a sinful nation but the only way to wash our sins is to act and defend our rights, establish Democracy and to do establish the Rule of Law. Any excuse in doing this will be a heartless negligence toward the people.

Also you said, " may be state had no other way of controlling the chaos." All Pakistanis, might be all the world, know how able the present Government setup in controlling the Chaotic situations.

Supreme Court of a country is like the Mother of people. And who can do nothing when his/her Mother is being attacked ?

Let me say we have to proof that Islam does not advocate suppressing your voice when the tyranny prevails !!!!
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, November 8, 2007  -  9:04 AM Reply with quote
walaykum assala'm F

my dear friend;do not at all underestimate the imp. of pakistan which is in a v sensitive position, specially today. superpowers are in a rush to invade iran and pakistan provides a vital junction geographically.(this site is not meant for political discussions and i may be told off by the admin:) but i feel that the situation is a bit ex-political as well)

like i said we have to act with wisdom and patience. creating further violence is not going to help anyway. it will only assist the enemies of pakistan. it does not mean that the present state or the politicians who are trying to take over are accurate, but unfortunately due to our own mistakes in the past, presently we are stuck in a situation where on one side is the enforcement from the state but on the other side is a bigger threat to the country from outsiders.

we are bound in a situation to pick and choose beween the smaller calamity.as most calamities on nations come from their own deeds
each one of us must keep the words of 'astaghfar' and 'hasbunallahu wa naemal wakeel' on our tongues and hearts and ask Him to guide us to act most wisely.

i donno really what exactly is the answer to this situation but is surely not creating further chaos which can only support civil war.
shahidas

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, November 8, 2007  -  2:01 PM Reply with quote
Just to say I agree totally with sister HKhan's views.
Creating a situation that would disrupt the peace and inciting public to come out in the streets and protest also carries a great risk of causing further damage as the past experiences tell us. I would also urge people to keep Astaghfar and Hasbunallaho wa naimul wakeel on their tongues at this difficult time and act wisely.
faizulwahab

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 9, 2007  -  9:05 PM Reply with quote
AOA to all
Dear f, you are right, but the actions you recommend to get back to (democracy) or what ever we had in the form of political setup, is not right. Socially and religiously as well, you have the right to protest, to bring up your voice, and let people feel around you, what you think is right. But here lies the difference, now a days people in the street thinks, they have the right to burn vehicles, throw stones, and drag and drop every thing they grab. By this for sure we are not doing any good to our country, people and our system.
I will “some what” agree with our sisters, in discussion that Astaghfar should remain on our tongue, all the time, even if there is no political uncertainty. But now we need to get out of our skin and let educate people around us again socially and religiously.
There is no doubt, General has done a lot wrong and specially by bringing the Emergency rule. but what are educated people (i mean the lawyers in this contest) are doing is wrong too. and Two wrong will never make things right. we can bring the change, and I beleive its there already, you dont see people in streets, political parties failed to bring people on streets, that’s, an indications. And we see a lot of blogs on internet against present setup, that shows, people are aware, but they prefer to change set up by elections or by any other (social) way, (but not getting involved in violent acts on street). I know its hard, long and painful process, but that’s more logical and will be ever lasting.
shahidas

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, November 10, 2007  -  9:29 PM Reply with quote
President Musharraf reinstated Justice sb after he realised he was wrongly suspended and also due to public pressure. On the other hand there was no need to start sorting out the gov'mnts whole infrastructure of administration with a magic wand. He should have consulted the ruling party and taken steps by keeping informed and taking them into confidence about his decisions. Rome was not built in a day. It takes time and we have to follow step by step upwards process in a very diplomatic manner. One can not totally discredit others and take over. We are all citizens of Pakistan and we all want our country to progress but we have to be diplomatic internally and also globally not forgetting its team work and everyone has to do their share of work. Some times you have to be patient and give others a way out to in order to proceed and maintain everyone's respect.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, November 11, 2007  -  10:01 AM Reply with quote
GEO tv became v famour after releasing a good film 'in the name of God' which is now showing in uk cinemas. however soon after that they announced money on their channel in uk which they planned to initiate soon.
in the meantime the emergency was imposed and since then, night and day GEO tv is educating people in the west to revolt against their country ruling and is promoting such discussions and audio-video material which is inspiring hatred against pakistan within pakistanis.
is this a sympathy to the country at these sensitive times? and now they are doing all this for free.even in normal days they hardly show any educational programmes.
i really do believe sometimes that this channel is being paid well by anti- pakistan forces. they have said to send views to them at gzks@geo.tv and we have been copying our posts to them but so far have not received any response.
shahidas

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, November 11, 2007  -  10:41 PM Reply with quote
Geo channel was showing an interview by Hamid Mir with former cricketer Imran Khan when Imran has admitted he had received offers from the govt to join them but he declined. This does show the other side of the picture also. As I personally feal that the president is genuinly concerned to see positive improvement in Pakistan and it also makes sense that the projects he has already started working upon need more time for completion so the results can be shown to people to prove his efforts. He has also consulted various other party leaders to include them in his govt as we all know. If they are all fighting for the same goals then there should not be a problem and they should join and support him. or come up with a more convincing agenda if opposition really needs people's support. Public can not be fooled any more.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, November 16, 2007  -  5:28 PM Reply with quote
you all must also be recving lots of emails nowadays from anonymous and strange senders re emergency in pak.
actually there is a difference between the situation within the country and out here in the west. protesting peacefully within the country is something which is recommended but shouting in front of PM house in london or similar buildings in n.york would only give the west further reasons to inerfere in our affairs negatively. just like we try and handle family matters within the family.
tariq5

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, November 17, 2007  -  1:31 AM Reply with quote
Living in Pakistan and watching the things happening around me is very strange then it is shown on electronic media. Common people are not at all interested in the politics and democracy of the country. In the numerous previous elections 70% of population rejected all the candidates by not casting their votes. While middle and lower class do participate in the local government elections.National elections and emergencies do not affect the livies of a common Pakistani.Majority of people who love the Islam take participate in the non-political organizations.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, November 17, 2007  -  10:26 PM Reply with quote
you are right; however we think we need to acquire a balanced attitude in this regard. an educated citizen must be aware of one's rights and duties re: the country where s/he lives in. this does not necessarily mean actively participating in politics but perhaps playing onez part in the positive efforts for the positive education of the people of the country so that they can decide better for themselves.
tariq5

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 19, 2007  -  5:56 AM Reply with quote
I wonder is it alright to vote a candidate, who has a past record of inefficiency/ corruption. I don't think it is just casting a vote and satisfying democracy it is contributing and participating in the act of sin. Dr. H. Khan you privided a very good solution but I would request working plan to achive this. In school days I had read mere introduction to "civics". I now realize all the histories and methods were written in that small book.
tariq5

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 19, 2007  -  5:57 AM Reply with quote
I wonder is it alright to vote a candidate, who has a past record of inefficiency/ corruption. I don't think it is just casting a vote and satisfying democracy it is contributing and participating in the act of sin. Dr. H. Khan you privided a very good solution but I would request working plan to achive this. In school days I had read mere introduction to "civics". I now realize all the histories and methods were written in that small book.
faust786

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 19, 2007  -  9:34 PM Reply with quote
Can anybody of you has the reason to defend General Musharraf and his ever-increasing insult to the nation when he himself says that "Emergency is an illegal thing" (Pakistani Press).. ??

And what's this suggestion "Keep Astaghphar"
. Will this solve the problem?

Many of you guys have not probably seen the Police torturing innocent people in Pakistan. I have experience of this and I am, and I will be, struggling to SAVE RESPECT, DEFEND RIGHTS AND THE SUPREMACY OF LAW.

As this is not a political blog, I refrained my self from further comments. But today when I saw other people talking, I decided to speak too.

After all where you guys stand? What is your moral position? Why are you discussing these affairs when you believe in keeping your mouths silent infront of a Tyrant ?

All I can say is:

"God never changes the condition of any nation who does not change itself."

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker