<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Page 3 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
salmant

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 9, 2007  -  7:05 AM Reply with quote
With due respect, I disagree with the question that has been raised here, it is not a matter of "Jihad", so how can "running away" from it have any relevance here?

When there is a crime, or some unexplainable incident, one very useful way to investigate it is to analyze, "who is the major beneficiary from all this". You start your investigation from the major beneficiary and use that information as a working hypothesis for further investigation.

Who else has gained more from this incident politically, than the our President himself?

Because of the high correlation of Lal masjid disturbances with the CJ case, APC, May12th etc. it is highly probable that the Maulanas were actually the puppets whose strings were in the hands of the Govt. And now, most probably the Govt would kill them to remove any evidence of this and to declare itself champion against the extremists.

But while all of this is there, I wonder what were our more 'learned' scholars doing. When situation got out of hand, they went to talk with the maulana brothers, Yes. The Wifaqul Madaris took some action against them. Yes. Only when the situation got out of hand, the esteemed scholars issued statements saying the steps taken by maulana brothers are not legitimate according to Islam, Yes.....but I am very sad, because,

Had it been about 'women rights' they would have spoken much earlier and much harsher. They could have been helped in preventing it, instead of cleaning the mess now. For the future, they could have elaborated a code-of-ethics for the Khateebs, preventing them to use the Quran and Sunnah in vain, and particularly the word 'Jihad'. They should have now understood the structural problem in their education system which results in foolishly ambitious people who end up being instruments in the hands of the exploiters.

But...

Even now they are innocent enough to consider the maulana brothers as merely "naughty kids" and would suggest the Govt to act as "kind parents". And they will keep protecting and justifying the other maulana brothers in the country giving similar khutbas. Any criticism on the role of these esteemed scholars, would continue to be considered as "lack of love for Deen", and "an attempt to start a new Fitna" because people like me are "blindly influenced by west"...

But regardless of whoever has or has not influenced me, I am sad for my country and the state of religion in it...
salmant

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 9, 2007  -  8:02 AM Reply with quote
A columnist has given similar views...

http://www.jang.com.pk/jang/jul2007-daily/07-07-2007/col11.htm
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, July 9, 2007  -  8:15 AM Reply with quote
quote:

With due respect, I disagree with the question that has been raised here, it is not a matter of "Jihad", so how can "running away" from it have any relevance here?

U got the point.thanks.
Let me raise my question this way:
The commanders of lal masjid said what they are doing is jihad(rejecting the ijmaa).It was repeatedly said they ll better opt for shahadat than surrender until their aims are achieved.
According to their own version of Islam ,what would be the punishment for a commander if he run away from the battlefield leaving childrens back at the mercy of the enemies?
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, July 9, 2007  -  8:20 AM Reply with quote
quote:

A columnist has given similar views...

http://www.jang.com.pk/jang/jul2007-daily/07-07-2007/col11.htm

I ve not read anything better than khursheed nadeem's views on Lal masjid issue.He really deserved to be termed as scholar.
salmant

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 9, 2007  -  9:00 AM Reply with quote
Ok. I had missed the sarcasm in your question earlier. You are right, the "running away" is a self-contradiction.

I also want to ask a question: why is it that, when somebody from the Maulana fraternity, 'rejects the ijma', they are dealt with less harshly, than the ones who are outside Maulana fraternity?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Page 3 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker