1 2 3
Page 3 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, March 2, 2007  -  4:45 AM Reply with quote
From Tafheem-ul-Quran

(33:72) We offered this trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains but they refused to bear it and were afraid of it, the but man undertook to bear it. Indeed, he is unjust and ignorant.

In the end, Allah wants man to realize his real position in the world; if in that position he regarded the life of the world as mere fun and sport and adopted a wrong attitude carelessly, he would only be working for his own doom. Here, the word 'amanat" (trust) implies khilafat (caliphate) which, according to the Qur'an, tnan has been granted in the earth. The inevitable result of the freedom given to man to choose between obedience and disobedience, and the powers and authority granted him over countless creations for using that freedom, is that he himself be held responsible for his voluntary acts and should deserve rewards for his righteous conduct and suffer punishment for his evil conduct. Since man has not attained these powers by his own efforts but has been granted these by Allah, and he is answerable before Allah for their right or wrong use, these have been described by the word khilafat at other places in the Qur'an, and by amanat here. In order to give an idea of how important and heavy this "trust" (amanat) is, Allah says that the heavens and the earth, in spite of their glory and greatness, and the mountains, in spite of their size and firmness, could not have the power and courage to bear it. But man, the weak and frail man, has borne this heavy burden on his tiny self. The presentation of the trust before the eanh and the heavens and their refusal to bear it and their being afraid of it may be taste literally, or it may have been said so metaphorically. We can neither know nor can comprehend Allah's relationship with His creations. The eanh and the sun and the moon and the mountains are dumb, deaf and lifeless for us but they may not be so also for Allah. Allah can speak to each of His creations and it can respond to Him, though its nature is incomprehensible for us.

Therefore, it is just possible that Allah, in fact, might have presented this heavy trust before them, and they might have shuddered to see it, and they might have made this submission before their Master and Creator. "Lord, we find our good and our convenience only in remaining as Your powerless servants: we do not find courage to ask for the freedom to disobey and do justice to it, and then suffer Your punishment in case we cannot do justice to it." Likewise, it is also quite possible that before this present life Allah might have given another kind of existence to mankind and summoned it before Himself, and it migln have willingly undertaken to accept the delegated powers and authority. We have no rational argument to regard this as impossible. Only such a person, who might have made a wrong estimate of his mental and intellectual powers and capabilities, can think of regarding it as impossible. However, this also is equally possible that Allah may have said so allegorically. In order to give an idea of the extraordinary importance of the matter, He may have depicted the scene as if the earth and the heavens and the mountains like the Himalayas were present before Him on one side and a 5 to Gfoot man, on the other. Then Allah might have asked: "I want to invest someone of My creation with the power that being a subject of My Kingdom, it may acknowledge My Supremacy and obey My Commands of its own free will; otherwise it will also have the power to deny Me, even rebel against Me. After giving him this freedom I shall so conceal Myself from him as if I did not exist at aII. And to exercise this freedom I shall invest him with vast powers, great capabilities, and shall give him dominion over countless of My creations so that he may raise any storm that he may in the universe. Then I shall call him to account at an appointed time. The one who will have misused the freedom granted by Me, will be made to suffer a most terrible punishment; and the one who will have adopted My obedience in spite of aII chances and opportunities for disobedience, will be raised to such high ranks as no creation of Mine has ever been able to attain. Now tell, which of you is ready to undergo this test?" Hearing this discourse a hush might have prevailed for a while all through the universe. Then one huge creation after the other might have bowed down and submitted that it should be excused from the severe test. Then, at last, this frail creation might have risen and submitted: "O my Lord, I am ready to undergo this test. I shall brave aII the dangers inherent in the freedom and independence only in the hope that I shall be blessed with the highest office in Your Kingdom if I pass the test. " By imagining this scene through his mind's eye only can man judge exactly what delicate position he holds in the universe. Allah in this verse has called the person °unjust and ignorant", who lives a carefree life in the place of test, and has no feeling at all of how great a responsibility he is shouldering, and what consequences he will encounter of the right or wrong decisions that he makes in choosing and adopting an attitude for himself in the life of the world. He is ignorant because the fool holds himself as responsible to no one; he is unjust because he is himself preparing for his doom and is also preparing the doom of many others along with him.
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, March 3, 2007  -  12:56 AM Reply with quote
Thank you dear Usmani.

Here is another translation:

"The Clans (Surah Ehzaab, 33/72)

Lo! We offered the trust unto the heavens and the earth and the hills,

but they shrank from bearing it and were afraid of it. And man assumed

it. Lo! he hath proved a tyrant and a fool." (Pickthall)

So the man took the most vital decision of his existence in direct communication with God and stood condemned as 'Zalooman Jahoolan' by the very creator.

So the question arisis: Why should God, the creator, should send messengers (angels of course, not what He Himself calls, the foolish ZJ man) to reform them?

They say He has stopped that operation now, having perhaps got disappointed by the ZJ man at last.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, March 3, 2007  -  4:43 AM Reply with quote
Brother Tilawat

As brother raushan said not all are the foolish one has to apply his mind and reasons to prove it that he is not one of them.

Quote:-So the man took the most vital decision of his existence in direct communication with God and stood condemned as 'Zalooman Jahoolan' by the very creator.

No you are taking it wrong.How I see it,why God Ask us
'Zalooman Jahoolan' no daubt its looks very surprising that
we had accepted the trust(Khilafat) which has been refused by the heaven,earth and by mountains so God here suppose to appreciate us a lot and whats He telling us that we are 'Zalooman Jahoolan' why like that?

Brother These heaven,earth and mountains can not be 'Zalooman Jahoolan' can they?with the 'Zalooman Jahoolan' we also have the capacity to be a Munsif instead of 'Zalooman' and we can have exellence of knowledge instead of 'Jahoolan'.As the heaven,earth and mountians can not be 'Zalooman Jahoolan' so also can't be Munsif and niether can advanced in knowledge like us.

Quote:-So the question arisis: Why should God, the creator, should send messengers (angels of course, not what He Himself calls, the foolish ZJ man) to reform them?

His Messengers came to us to remind us what we had undertook the responsciblity and to gave us the needed knowledge, so we can fulfill our task.This task we finds in Quran and Sunnah.

Quote:-They say He has stopped that operation now, having perhaps got disappointed by the ZJ man at last.

There is no need of any further message from God.We have the final messege with us.God has taken the responciblity to keep it peotected,came for us through the last Messenger and the last Prophet(pbuh).

Edited by: usmani790 on Saturday, March 03, 2007 4:51 AM
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, March 3, 2007  -  7:33 AM Reply with quote
quote:

You say:
'Zalooman, jahoolan' are not the "entire final message" but adjectives used for a particular type of people in the context in a verse.

What is that context: will you please let me know?

YUSUFALI: We did indeed offer the Trust to the Heavens and the Earth and the Mountains; but they refused to undertake it, being afraid thereof: but man undertook it;- He was indeed unjust and foolish;-
PICKTHAL: Lo! We offered the trust unto the heavens and the earth and the hills, but they shrank from bearing it and were afraid of it. And man assumed it. Lo! he hath proved a tyrant and a fool.
SHAKIR: Surely We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they refused to be unfaithful to it and feared from it, and man has turned unfaithful to it; surely he is unjust, ignorant,

As obvious ,accepting "the trust"by human being must have made the difference between" them" and the rest of the universe.

So what is unique with human being,Which distinguishes him or her from the rest.
Isnt it the "intellect" " reason"and "the faculty of volition" - i.e., the ability to choose between two or more possible courses of action or modes of behaviour, and thus between good and evil.

And what man has done is enough to know that he has failed to carry on this task.

The daily newspapers are witness to show how man applies his reason and comparative freewill to qualify for being unjust and ignorant.

This is true with human race in general .Exceptions always exists.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Page 3 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker