Next page >>
Page 2 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
imran776

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, January 23, 2007  -  4:00 PM Reply with quote
Dear aboosait,

I guess we are not trying to determine the literal meaning of these words. Rather I am of the opinion that how should these words or their meaning be translated into this world and in out life. Please correct me if I am wrong.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, January 24, 2007  -  1:59 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Q1. how should these words or their meaning be translated into this world and in out life.

Q2. Please correct me if I am wrong

A1. Translate by using internationally acceptable words.

If you feel that you can convey your thoughts to the world by using inappropriate words (of which you or your group has ascribed a meaning different from the standard meaning) you are terribly mistaken.

A2. Sometimes it happens that in a circle of friends a particular word attains a meaning much different from the actual meaning of the word. It is wrong for that group to think that the whole world acknoledges that meaning. I think this is what has happened in your case.

What you want to convey to the world and impliment in your life should be exposed to the world by using the appropriate word if you want the world to understand what you wish to convey.

The meaning of the word is found in standard dictionaries. I have given you the translation of the word in Arabic (all possible translations.) If you are not able to understand in Arabic see the translation in your own language from a stndard dictionary in your country.
But what you are doing is not translation but mistranslation and misinterpretation of the meaning of the words.

Only in some standard phrases the meaning of certain words is slightly different from its literal meaning. But these standard phrases are also available in Dictionary and encyclopedia.
imran776

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, January 24, 2007  -  9:29 AM Reply with quote
We haven't changed the meanings of words; success and satisfaction. We have just tried to figure out what success is and what isn't and same is the case for satisfaction. The discussions weren't regarding the meaning of the words rather it was the implementing of the meaning that was under question.

Like building a house can be a success for me but it may not be for you. In both the cases the difference is not in the meaning of the word success. The difference is regarding the application of that meaning on different matters.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, January 24, 2007  -  1:40 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Like building a house can be a success for me but it may not be for you.

'success' means achievement of a objective/goal.

Your objective/goal in the cited example is house building.

So if you strive in that direction and complete building it as per your desire, you have attained success.

If my objective/goal is to see Allah, I have to strive for it and my success will be in meeting Allah s.w.t. in the Aakhirah.

Thus your success has direct relation to your objective/goal but not to my objective/goal.

Hope I have made clear for you the relation between objective/goal and success?
imran776

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, January 24, 2007  -  2:21 PM Reply with quote
I fully agree with what you have said and now in a much better frame of mind to understand what you are saying.

Thanks for such a clear and concluding explanation.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, January 25, 2007  -  5:20 AM Reply with quote
Opening quote from brother Khalid.
What is one definition at which everyone should waste his/her all efforts to achieve it.

The definition part is clear now with help of brother aboosait.Now the other part is "What must be the objective/goal everyone should waste his/her all efforts to achieve it.?
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, January 25, 2007  -  6:41 AM Reply with quote
Usmani , you have asked absolutely right.

Definition is now clear. But what is the criteria to evaluate every success??

Since , it can be sum up that Success is a context dependent to every individual from yours definitions.

If someone is eager to build luxury home and he gets it , it is success for him , but he will not accepts success of others who conceive success as a serve to old parents by emotional needs.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, January 25, 2007  -  7:07 AM Reply with quote
quote:

What must be the objective/goal everyone should waste his/her all efforts to achieve it.?

Good question.

The requirement will differ from person to person.

So I can suggest this for you alone, but others might also benefit from my suggestion.

Please devote time among other things to read at least one verse from the Qur'an daily, starting from verse 1, Surah 1; thoroughly understand and assimilate its meaning.

continue till you reach the last verse of the last Surah.

For this the following links will be helpful:

www.thenoblequran.com

At TheNobleQuran.Com, you can read, search and study the Noble Quran.

You can browse through Surah's, perform detailed searches and also add verses to your own "Schemas". A Schema is a collection of verses that are all related or which pertain to a particular topic.

You can either create your own Schemas, allowing you to group together verses of the Quran and hence allowing you to isolate themes, concepts and proofs or you can benefit from the Schemas that will be continuously added by SP for your benefit.

This allows the creation of a growing index of Schemas which in turn allow users of this site to find what they are looking for (i.e. verses related to certain topics) quickly

http://www.islamicity.com/QuranSearch/

Search in multiple languages (English Yusuf Ali,English Picktal
l English Mohammad Asad, Turkish , Malay, French, Spanish
German)

Topic Search, Phonetic Search, Chapter Search,
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, January 25, 2007  -  7:21 AM Reply with quote
quote:

but he will not accepts success of others

The question of your accepting or rejecting my success does not arise at all.

Other's success is not passed on to you but remains their success in achieving their goal and has nothing to do with you unless it is that your goal was also to see him attain success in his goal.
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, January 25, 2007  -  7:52 AM Reply with quote
Being a true faith on Allah , i know what is success .For Muslims success is to get thought Hereafter.

But for non-Muslim what we would suggest ?
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, January 25, 2007  -  10:54 AM Reply with quote
The goal is rightly identified by brother Khaled(to get through the Hereafter).This is what the success for Muslims is and must be for others as well.Now what sholud one do to attain this success.See how Quran defines in the following verses.

O you who believe! be careful of (your duty to) Allah and seek means of nearness to Him and strive hard in His way that you may be successful.
(Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #35)

And the measuring out on that day will be just; then as for him whose measure (of good deeds) is heavy, those are they who shall be successful; (Al-Araf, Chapter #7, Verse #8)

Then as for him whose good deeds are preponderant, these are the successful.(Al-Mumenoon, Chapter #23, Verse #102)

Then give to the near of kin his due, and to the needy and the wayfarer; this is best for those who desire Allah's pleasure, and these it is who are successful.(Ar-Room, Chapter #30, Verse #38)

O you who believe! be patient and excel in patience and remain steadfast, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah, that you may be successful.(Chapter #3, Verse #200)

But when the prayer is ended, then disperse abroad in the land and seek of Allah's grace, and remember Allah much, that you may be successful.(Al-Jumua, Chapter #62, Verse #10)

Therefore be careful of (your duty to) Allah as much as you can, and hear and obey and spend, it is better for your souls; and whoever is saved from the greediness of his soul, these it is that are the successful. (Chapter #64, Verse #16)

He indeed shall be successful who purifies himself, And magnifies the name of his Lord and prays. Nay! you prefer the life of this world, While the hereafter is better and more lasting. (87:14-17)

And from among you there should be a party who invite to good and enjoin what is right and forbid the wrong, and these it is that shall be successful. Chapter #3, Verse #104)
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, January 25, 2007  -  2:21 PM Reply with quote
You have written among other things,
quote:

The goal is rightly identified by brother Khaled(to get through the Hereafter)

The hereafter is a place where we will live for ever. How can you through it? Once you rech there you are there once and for all.

................................................................................

In all the verses quoted by you, the three things are clearly defined.

1.objective/goal

2.What we should do while living on this earth if we wish to reach this goal

3.In each case the verse ends with an affirmation that those who follow these specific instructions (see sl. no.2. above.) will only reach this goal and that they will thus attain success.

I will clearly define these in one of the Ayats. You can study the other Ayaat yourself.(by simply copying and pasting you are not going to understand.)

30:38

فَآتِ ذَا الْقُرْبَى حَقَّهُ وَالْمِسْكِينَ وَابْنَ السَّبِيلِ ذَلِكَ خَيْرٌ لِّلَّذِينَ يُرِيدُونَ وَجْهَ اللَّهِ وَأُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ

So give to the kindred his due, and to Al­Miskîn (the poor) and to the wayfarer. That is best for those who seek Allâh's Countenance, and it is they who will be successful. (Ar-Rum 30:38)

1. Objective/goal:

seek Allâh's Countenance

2. What we should do to reach this goal:

So give to the kindred his due, and to Al­Miskîn (the poor) and to the wayfarer. That is best for those who seek.....

3. .....and it is they who will be successful.

Note: If your browser does not support Arabic fonts, click 'view', point on 'encoding' and click 'Arabic(windows)'
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, January 26, 2007  -  2:51 AM Reply with quote
quote:

……. to attain this success.See how Quran defines in the following verses…………….

"He indeed shall be successful who purifies himself, And magnifies the name of his Lord and prays. Nay! you prefer the life of this world, While the hereafter is better and more lasting." (87:14-17)

The translation of the meaning of verse 14 of Sura Al-A’la (87) is as follows:

Indeed whosoever purifies himself (by avoiding polytheism and accepting Islâmic Monotheism) shall achieve success, (Al-A'la 87:14)

This verse is linked in meaning both to the verses preceeding and to the verses that follow. If you connect the meaning of this verse with the other verses of this small Sura it can be clearly understood that:

1. The objective/ goal of the believer is :

to save himself/hersef from the taste of the great burning fire in the hereafter.

2. What we should do to reach this goal (try to understand from these two verses):

.....Indeed whosoever purifies himself (by avoiding polytheism and accepting Islâmic Monotheism)... … (Al-A'la 87:14)

And remembers (glorifies) the Name of his Lord (worships none but Allâh), and prays (five compulsory prayers and Nawâfil additional prayers).(Al-A'la 87:15)

3. Who will attain success in saving himself/herself…..?

Indeed whosoever purifies himself (by avoiding polytheism and accepting Islâmic Monotheism) shall achieve success,(87:14)

…….. And remembers (glorifies) the Name of his Lord (worships none but Allâh), and prays (five compulsory prayers and Nawâfil additional prayers). (Al-A'la 87:15)

Edited by: aboosait on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 2:15 AM
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, January 26, 2007  -  6:00 AM Reply with quote
What I mean by saying the (get through the hereafter ) not to be loser their but successful.Any way thanks for your clarification.

Truly in the hereafter they are the greatest losers. ( Hud, Chapter #11, Verse #22)

Quote:-I will clearly define these in one of the Ayats. You can study the other Ayaat yourself.(by simply copying and pasting you are not going to understand.)

Brother every have his resources to understand the Quran.The reason for copying and pasting these verses here to identify this in Quran for the participants here.If any one need any further clarification, he can use his own resources for further understanding or one could request the participants here.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, January 26, 2007  -  7:50 AM Reply with quote
Brother you rightly said that to understood how achieve the success following verses of the surah explains it. Fact is that I had mentioned the following verses as well.Here I am providing the interpretation from Tafheem-ul-Quran of these four verses for the benefit of the friends here.

(87:14)
Who purified himself": who affirmed the faith giving up disbelief and polytheism, adopted good morals giving up evil morals, and performed good deeds giving up evil deeds. Success dces not imply worldly prosperity, but true and real success whether worldly prosperity accompanies it or not.

(87:15)
To remember AIlah signifies His remembrance in the heart as well as with the tongue.
That is, he did not remain content only with remembering AIlah but proved by performing the Prayer that he is practically also prepared to obey God in Whom he has affirmed the faith, and will remember His name as long as he lives. In this verse mention has been made of two things respectively: first, to remember Allah, then to perform the Prayer. Accordingly, the method enjoined is that the Prayer be begun with Allahu Akbar. This is an evidence to prove that all the elements of the procedure that the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) has taught of performing the Prayer, are based on the allusions in the Qur'an. But, no one else, apart from the Messenger of Allah, could by combining these injunctions and allusions give the Prayer the form that it has.

(87:16)
That is, "O man, alI your thoughts and endeavors are only for the world, its ease and comforts, its benefits and enjoyments. You regard whatever you gain here as the real gain and whatever you lose here as your real loss"

(87”17)
That is, the Hereafter is preferable to the world for two reasons: first, that its comforts and pleasures are far superior to aII the blessings of the world; second, that the world is transitory and the Hereafter everlasting.

http://www.tafheem.net/main.html

To look at the desired Surah pls. scroll down the left column and select.

Edited by: usmani790 on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 6:23 AM
imran776

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, January 26, 2007  -  8:53 AM Reply with quote
Dear All,

Please present your point of view stating that you disagree with others point of view rather than giving your veridct about anyone. Noone must doubt anyone elses Niyat, please.

Aboosait please review your last posting and amend it on your own. Once Aboosait has done that then Usmani, you will also need to amend yours.

With your coopeartion we can have a debate on issues in a very healthy manner. If this is not the case then there is no option for us to stop those posting which defy these purposes.

Regards
Imran

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 2 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker