Page 3 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, December 23, 2006  -  8:23 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Quote:
Ijmaa' is bringing an Addition in Quran & Sunnah. If an Authentic Hadith of Prophet (pbuh) CANNOT ADD/Subtract something then How Ijmaa' CAN?

My Holy God! I NEVER SAID THAT! You tell me one thing, bro: How can Ijmaa' possibly be wrong if it's based on the Qur'an and Sunnah itself?!!
Sis u r Not understanding my point. Ijmaa' of Ummah JUST provide us the Continuty of Quran & Sunnah with Surity. According to us Ijmaa' is Not an opinion based on Quran & Sunnah, its Just a Process of transmission.
quote:

Are you a sectarian?---(i.e., if you don't mind me asking...)
Surely I don't mind BUT what do u mean by that i.e. by sectarian??? I'm Just a Simple Muslim who tries to Follow God's Last Book; Quran & the Final Version of God Given Practices known as the Sunnah of our Beloved Last Prophet (pbuh) ( & we have its Record Since the Time Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh)
quote:

And you know what? I'm NO-ONE, ok?---simply NO-ONE to judge all this. On this matter, all I can say is that I'm trusting my intellect, and I'm trusting the Lord of the Worlds to forgive me if in case my intellect is in error.
And there is no power nor might, except with Allah; and only He knows best.
Sis. Same is the case of Mine. We r answerable ONLY & ONLY for what we Understood from Quran & Sunnah using our Intellect. That's why we always Pray that:
Our Lord! Show us RIGHT as Right & Give us the Power to Follow it AND Show us Wrong as WRONG & Give us the Power to Avoid it. Ameen

Wassalaam
in sha Allah see u All now After my Hajj trip on Feb.6, 2007
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, December 23, 2006  -  9:55 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Brother Ibrahim
What is your source to say that Authentic Hadith of Prophet (pbuh) cannot ADD/Subtract. If you can not give a satisfactory reply on that with the help of Quran and Sunnah, so it will means that you give more importance to yours scholars than Quran and Sunnah.

May be you get away here by not replying or give a answer which is not backed with Quran and Sunnah, but get ready to answer this to Allah on the day when no one can run away.
Brotheer usmani
Well, for it My Source is the Ijmaa' of whole Ummah. This ummah has declared their this belief Since the Death of the Last Prophet till today & it is Totally based on Quran as well.
Quran Declared itself as the"Furqaan"(3:4&25:1) & "Meezan" (42:17&57:25) for all religious Matters. It means that Every thing will be tested b4 Quran & be PUT under it. Nothing Can Overrule Quran wheather it is an Authentic Hadith or Opinion of any Greatest Scholor.
2ndly, in 4:59 it has been ordered to us that in case of any " Tanaazu" (Difference of Opinion etc.) we shud Go back to Allah (via His book Quran) & Hia Rasool (via his Sunnah & not his Ahadith)
3rdly, Prohet himself was Bound to Follow the Sunnah (Millat e Ibrahim) 16:123

thanks Brother for the Reminder. I'm Ready to Face My Lord at least in this Regard.
I'm sorry, i'll Not be available for Further discussion for next 45 days due to my Hajj Trip.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, December 23, 2006  -  10:49 AM Reply with quote
Quote:-I'm sorry, i'll Not be available for Further discussion for next 45 days due to my Hajj Trip.

My all prayer for a save jurney and for the good health there to performed all the manasik-e-Hajj.Its Allah who select people for His House.You are one of those lucky people.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, December 24, 2006  -  4:01 PM Reply with quote
brother usmani salam
many thanks for taking the trouble to answer. Respected brother in Islam, I have read your arguments.I remain a student of religion and continue to seek the truth. at present , i am not convinced that deen that Allah has said is divine guidance sent to prophets and transmitted to prophet pbuh via angel Gabriel in the shape of Qur'an from Loh i mahfooz can also be interpreted by diverse ahadith narrated by diverse individuals. Ahadith povide explanation of religion but , in my humble opinion are not source of religion.

Why is there a difference in collection of ahadith by Bukhari, Muslim and Abu Daoud? on what criteria do you negate the ahadith form hazrat Ali.because they are contrary to the sunni belief. If we believe in one group we cannot accept ahadith form the other group.

I am content at present with what I know, but remain inquisitive to always know more reasons for and against.I am glad that you are also clear in your thinking , in what you believe is right. May ALlah show us both the right path. Ameen.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, December 24, 2006  -  6:21 PM Reply with quote
sister! I am a muslim.I do not think the Qur'an addresses us any differently. Does the Qur'an say sunni/shiat.no.I am not a shiat.However, I am very conscious that whilst Qur'an remains unchallenged, hadith is the basis of sectarianism.Where is the origin or basis of shiat? Once I acknowledge hadith then I have to justify why I am selective about accepting some and denying others. Is it just personal preferance?The criteria of a reliable hadith is fully shown by shiats also, why do sunni;s not accept their hadith?
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, December 24, 2006  -  7:37 PM Reply with quote
you have a valid point sister. If everyone accepted hadith in the same manner as you are doing , we would not have a problem. According to brother Usmani >90% muslims believe hadith is the written record of sunnah thus a source of deen. I appreciate your intellectual grasp and desire for the religion.sister. May Allah give you perseverance in your choosen path
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, December 25, 2006  -  8:00 AM Reply with quote
sister I quote hadith from Bukhari. Can I ask your comments after reading this. Many thanks

Hadith 1:114 from Bukhari.
Narrated 'Ubaidullah bin 'Abdullah:

Ibn 'Abbas said, "When the ailment of the Prophet became worse, he said, 'Bring for me (writing) paper and I will write for you a statement after which you will not go astray.' But 'Umar said, 'The Prophet is seriously ill, and we have got Allah's Book with us and that is sufficient for us.' But the companions of the Prophet differed about this and there was a hue and cry. On that the Prophet said to them, 'Go away (and leave me alone). It is not right that you should quarrel in front of me." Ibn 'Abbas came out saying, "It was most unfortunate (a great disaster) that Allah's Apostle was prevented from writing that statement for them because of their disagreement and noise. (Note: It is apparent from this Hadith that Ibn 'Abbes had witnessed the event and came out saying this statement. The truth is not so, for Ibn 'Abbas used to say this statement on narrating the Hadith and he had not witnessed the event personally. See Fath Al-Bari Vol. 1, p.220 footnote.) (See Hadith No. 228, Vol. 4).
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, December 25, 2006  -  8:06 AM Reply with quote
and this one

Sa'id b. al-Musayyab reported that 'Ali and 'Uthman (Allah be pleased with them) met at 'Usfan; and Uthman used to forbid (people) from performing Tamattu' and 'Umra (during the period of Hajj), whereupon 'Ali said: What is your opinion about a matter, which the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) did but you forbid it? Thereupon Uthman said: You leave us alone, whereupon he ('Ali) said: I cannot leave you alone. When 'Ali saw this, he put on Ihram for both of them together (both for Hajj and 'Umra).
Sahih Muslim, Book 007, Number 2816:

Narrated Said bin Al-Musaiyab:
'Ali and 'Uthman differed regarding Hajj-at-Tamattu' while they were at 'Usfan (a familiar place near Makka). 'Ali said, "I see you want to forbid people to do a thing that the Prophet did?" When 'Ali saw that, he assumed Ihram for both Hajj and 'Umra.
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 640
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, December 25, 2006  -  8:12 AM Reply with quote
brother Usmani

in light of above ahadith,in your opinion what will be the sunnah.to follow Hazrat Usman's interpretation or hazrat ALi's interpretation.It may seem that shiat's may agree with hazrat Usman and sunni's may agree with hazrat ALi.so do we have seperate deen for different people.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, December 26, 2006  -  6:29 AM Reply with quote
Brother Waseem Walikum Salam

Quote:-Why is there a difference in collection of ahadith by Bukhari, Muslim and Abu Daoud?

What do you mean by difference in collection, could you please elaborate it further.

Quote:-on what criteria do you negate the ahadith form hazrat Ali. because they are contrary to the sunni belief. If we believe in one group we cannot accept ahadith form the other group.

There are many ahadith narrated by Hazrat Ali in famous collection of ahadith.If you will read the Fazail-e-Amaal of Tabligi people, you will find the lots of ahadith from Ahle bait as well.So its not correct to say that we negate the ahadith from Hazrat Ali.its shia who don’t accept the ahadith narrated by sahabah but only few.They believe that after Prophethood ended at our Prophet(pbuh) then the Imamat has taken over it and Imam must be from the Prophet family.So what ever imam says him self or what Imam tell some thing from Prophet(pbuh) can only be accepted as a source of deen other than Quran.This is what I know about them.

Brother After reading your whole reply what I will request you to make a habit of your life that in every matter of Deen and Dunia specially where you have any problem please just spare 5 minutes and talk to Allah about it in little bit details.Ask Him guide you on where haq is.Ask forgiveness to Allah on what we used to do wrong in daily life.What ever dua you want to ask Allah,ask Him.This you do before you sleep every day is better.

Allah wants to be sincere and how much one have desire to be guided.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, December 26, 2006  -  7:38 AM Reply with quote
Brother Waseem
Quote:-in light of above ahadith,in your opinion what will be the sunnah.to follow Hazrat Usman's interpretation or hazrat ALi's interpretation.It may seem that shiat's may agree with hazrat Usman and sunni's may agree with hazrat ALi.so do we have seperate deen for different people.

Brother rulling of shriah did not takes place like that just looking a single or two ahadith.Niether we capable to do so.Imam shafi has said ahadith have nothing to do with common muslims,its the game of scholars.I have seen these ahadith before as well but I don't see any problem in either of hadith you have quoted.If you have please high light it.
Puppy

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, December 28, 2006  -  11:02 AM Reply with quote
raushan,
quote:

The rule of Shariah is that everything is permitted which is not clearly prohibited.

What a nonsensical statement is!!!! U are wrong!!!!But because I dont use my brains I cannot understand who is right and who is wrong. I dont know where will I end up!!!

Edited by: puppy on Friday, January 05, 2007 5:09 PM
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, October 14, 2023  -  6:57 PM Reply with quote
السلام عليكم
I left this forum many years ago, and had requested the admins/managers to delete all my posts.
Since they have conveniently ignored my request, I advise the readers to ignore my posts, and I openly retract from anything I said that was against the Qur'aan, Sunnah or way of the salaf.
I also free myself from this website, for its 'aqeedah and manhaj is not what the salaf were upon.

Learn true Islaam instead of wasting your time listening to people's opinions on forums.

www.tawhidfirst.com (English)

www.imamdarimi.com (Urdu)

(Posted by member, Nida_e_Khair)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Page 3 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker