Next page >>
Page 2 of 4

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, December 11, 2006  -  5:49 PM Reply with quote
My Brother Ibraaheem, you wrote:
...Cud U plz mention name of that course/s that do not Have Any Reference?...

Unfortunately brother, I'm kind'a "LAZY" like you. So I don't have the stamina to go back to those courses again. But I will tell you for sure that you do have mixed up concepts about certain things, which, if not provided with the correct references, can easily create doubts, as I mentioned earlier.

Wassalaamu 'Alaikum.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, December 12, 2006  -  6:48 AM Reply with quote
Sister Nida,
Quote:-My Brother Usmani, the Ahaadeeth are not a source of Islamic Law.

This is one of the misleading concept of deen which this web site is spreading here.They says that the words spoken by the Prophet(pbuh) found in the ahadith can not formed laws in deen.This is a very important matter of deen.But they always failed to provide any reference from Quran for what they saying.See what Quran clearly saying that.I copy it from my earlier post.

who bids them to the Fair and forbids them the Unfair, and makes lawful for them the good things, and makes unlawful for them the impure things.

They only throwing mud in our eyes nothing more.See how the Sunnah is explained by the scholars.

The Sunnah has been defined by the scholars of the science of Hadîth as follows:

“A word spoken, or an act done, or a confirmation given by the Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).”

To understand it fully you have read the complete article.In short What ever prophet(pbuh) said,acted or approved some one action for the following of Ummah is called Sunnah of our beloved Prophet(pbuh).Most of the Sunnah is found in the ahadith.This is also in line with the Quran.If you will read the article you will see there many verses of Quran to support it.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 12, 2006  -  9:01 AM Reply with quote
Salam brother Usmani

If we say that we can formulate deen or finds rules and regulations about deen from Ahadith, then what about the Qur'an? Why has Allah adressed the Qur'an as the Meezan, Furqaan and Burhaan and muhaeman.

surah Ibrahim verse 1

Alif. Lam. Ra. (This is) a Scripture which We have revealed unto thee (Muhammad) that thereby thou mayst bring forth mankind from darkness unto light, by the permission of their Lord, unto the path of the Mighty, the Owner of Praise,

The Qur’an is the fountainhead of religious authority. It is the balance (mizan) in whose scales everything must be weighed in order to ascertain the extent of truth found within that entity, and it is the criterion (Furqan) which like a sieve sifts out good from evil.

It is God Who has sent down the Book in truth that is the Mizan…….. (42:17)

Blessed is He Who sent down the Furqan to His servant that it may be an admonition to the people of the world. (25:1)

The Qur’an is the Final Testament of the Almighty revealed to mankind. It is the Only Divine Book which is today found in its original language and form, preserved word for word. As such it has been invested with the status of the guardian over all previous Divine Books.

And to you (O Prophet pbuh), we have revealed a Book with the truth confirming what the previous scriptures (say about it) and it stands as Guardian over them……… (5:48)

Qur'an is divine, how can we compare that with hadith that is the interpretation of a person according to his knowledge, background, mental ability and understanding.Then we have to trace the authencity in chains of people over generations. We have discussed before that in the same class or in a lecture, if you have 50 students, and you ask them after the lecture what they understood, they may come to different conclusions on what the teacher may have meant.

Another question is that the Prophet Pbuh made efforts to get the Qur'an written, it was taken further by Abu Baker and usman rta. If our deen and shariah was to be formulated through hadith then why did these people make no efforts to have ahadith written down as they did about Qur'an.

Are we saying that nouzobillah Allah gave us half the shariah in the Qur'an and then said find the rest in Hadith.

How can a human manuscript be equal to the divine Qur'an?as mentioned above Allah has defined the authencity and the place of Qur'an in the Qur'an. Where has the Qur'an mentioned that we seek guidance from man written ahadith.

The Qur'an, all muslims believe in. We may disagree on some interpretations but we generally agree on verses of the Qur'an. Ahadith form the basis of sectarianism in Islam.Every sect formed claims its authencity.not through Qur'an but through ahadith.

Shiaat quote ahadith that the prophet pbuh even without travel or war offered zuhr and asr together an maghrib and isha together. As such they say namaz three times daily.

The difference in saying namaz, aying Ameen loudly or not, raising hands when going in rakooh and sajdah, where to keep hands in namaz, are these caused by Qur'an or hadith.

What about prophet Muhammad pbuh personal likes or dislikes.The hadith about Khalid bin waleed, that the prophet was invited for a meal and offered a traditional lizard dish, the prophet pbuh did not like it. Khalid bin waleed asked the prophet it is haraam, he replied no. he started eating it.

If every word , action and deed of prophet is sunnah, then I am afraid the prophet pbuh does not remain a human being, he then becomes divine like Jesus in Christianity.

Why does the Qur'an corrects the prophet Pbuh.? When he is being hasty is getting the verses of the Qur'an.
" Be not in haste with the Qur'an before the revelation is completed to you and prey; O Lord advance me in knowledge".

Surah nahal verse 1" ALlah's decision has been made thus do not be in haste(O'PROPHET)

SURAH TAUBAH VERSE 43. Allah has forgiven you, why did you give leave to them( pertaining to the battle of tabu, when the prophet allowed munafekeen to not join in battle).

The Qur'an defines the role and place of the prophet pbuh. these were the famous verses recited by Abubakr at the death of prophet Mohammad pbuh when Umar had taken his sword out and said if anyone said that the prophet pbuh is dead I will kill him.
3;144
Muhammad is but a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) have passed away before him. Will it be that, when he dieth or is slain, ye will turn back on your heels? He who turneth back on his heels doth no hurt to Allah, and Allah will reward the thankful.

If every word, action, deed of the prophet is sunnah. Then are we saying riding a camel and horse is sunnah, living in tent is sunnah.fighting with a sword is sunnah, so we should not use guns. We should only wear what the prophet used to wear, is that sunnah.

Hadith provides explanation, historical record of the life of prophet pbuh and also his uswa. In my humble opinion it does not add to the core content of our religion.

In my humble opinion. sunnah are those
Sunnah literally means well trodden path in Arabic. Sunnah are those Abrahamic practices and rituals that were adopted and revived by the Prophet Mohammad (pbuh), in some cases after modifications and additions, and instituted among his followers as integral part of God's religion.

Sunnan (plural of Sunnah) are practical activities and have been transferred and established by the Prophet Mohammad (pbuh), as part of the practices of God's religion, through practical demonstration to his Companions. From the companions, these practices have been transmitted uninterrupted through successive generations of Muslims with consensus (Ijma) and practical perpetuation (tawaatur) to date.

Hadith literally means a saying or something new. In Islamic terminology, it is defined as the individual-to-individual narratives ascribed to the Prophet (pbuh) regarding his sayings, actions, expressed or tacit approvals, his life history and personal description.

These include:

• Life history of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh), including his meetings with people, important events in his time e.g. Holy wars as narrated by his followers.
• Record of the Prophet Mohammad’s (pbuh) everyday life, rituals and routines, these are those things that he liked but did not authorise their initiation as essential part of religion. These records reveal the Prophet’s (pbuh) excellent example(Uswa Al Hasana) in carrying out the directives of Islam.
• Record of answers to questions and explanations given by the Prophet (pbuh) to his followers.
• Record of any explanations about commandments in the Qur’an and the Sunnah by the Prophet (pbuh) to his followers.

The Qur’an and the Sunnah hold a pivotal place as the source of understanding of religion. The Sunnah and the Qur’an do not abrogate each other. They cannot be overruled by Hadith. Both these sources contain the entire religion. Hadith can thus explain these sources or provide the best example set by the Holy Prophet (pbuh); it cannot abrogate or contradict the basic corpus of religion residing in the Qur’an and the Sunnah. Hadith literature does not add to the content of religion; it offers an explanation of the Holy Qur’an and the Sunnah.
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, December 12, 2006  -  5:22 PM Reply with quote
Brother usmani, the fact is that the word "Sunnah" means "practice". It does not mean "a spoken word", etc. It refers only to acts, not words.
Allah knows best ofcourse.

And by the way, I do not follow the ways of this website. I'm fully aware of its misguidance in certain matters.
Wassalaam.
oosman

USA
Posted - Tuesday, December 12, 2006  -  7:52 PM Reply with quote
usmani790,

I don't think anyone is saying that we cannot use the words of the prophet as law or not. That is not the point. There is no disagreement that the worlds of the prophet should be used as law.

The only debate is that what is the word of the prophet. The holy Quran contains enough examples of the words of the prophet. Why take some fake made-up and corrupt story (hadith) and use it as word of prohpet? Why is there a need to take something that is doubtful and bogus and use it as Islamic law?
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 13, 2006  -  3:58 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Muslims all over the world agree that there are only four sources of Islamic law: 1)Holy Qur'an; 2) Sunnah; 3) Consensus of scholars (ijma); 4) Analogy based on the Qur'an and Sunnah (Qiyas).
Sister Nida, Plz Correct yourself.
1- ONLY The 1st TWO r the SOURCES of Islam out of the Four you've described.
2- "Consensus of scholars" (Ijmaa') have NEVER had happened in the PAST & in sha Allah will never Happen in the FUTURE as well, SO it is of NO IMPORTANCE but there is one MORE Consensus & it is the Consensus of Whole Ummah & it is the MOST important thing Bcoz we accept Quran & Sunnah on the Basis of it only.
3- Same is the Case of "Qiyaas". It's actually the Base of "Ijtihaad" & Ijtihaad of Any person is Technically a personal Point of View regardless of the PERSON doing it; wheather it's ME or You OR any great Scholor like Imam Abu Hanifa etc. OR even a "Sahaabi" (Companion of Prophet). He'll give his Arguments (from Quran & Sunnah) about his Ijtihaad & the Person who'll agree with him will Accept it & the Other person will give his own Arguments of Not accepting that Ijtihaad & He will present his OWN ijtihaad based on his own reasoning (from Quran & Sunnah) & this Process will carry on till The LAST DAY.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 13, 2006  -  7:18 AM Reply with quote
Walaykum Salam brother Waseem

Quote:-If we say that we can formulate deen or finds rules and regulations about deen from Ahadith, then what about the Qur'an? Why has Allah adressed the Qur'an as the Meezan, Furqaan and Burhaan and muhaeman.

Brother we need to believe in whole Quran not only that part which pleases us.Have a look on the following verses of Quran. Since Allah gave the authority to the Prophet(pbuh) that he can make things unlawful and can make things law full,so it’s a very important issue for a true Muslim.Certainly one would like to know what is permissible for him and what is not.The only source for that is Ahadith

who bids them to the Fair and forbids them the Unfair, and makes lawful for them the good things, and makes unlawful for them the impure things.(Al-Airaf)
Qoute:-Qur'an is divine, how can we compare that with hadith that is the interpretation of a person according to his knowledge, background, mental ability and understanding.

Quran also reached to us by the same people,remember that there were not used to a written Quran with every one like now a days we have.

Quote:-Then we have to trace the authencity in chains of people over generations. We have discussed before that in the same class or in a lecture, if you have 50 students, and you ask them after the lecture what they understood, they may come to different conclusions on what the teacher may have meant.

You people are confused, its seems to me from above that for you each and every hadith is not reliable,is it so?The following verses of Quran clearly showing that how important and madautery it is to follow the Prophet(pbuh).To do so the ahadith is the only source.

Say: Obey Allâh and the Messenger, but if they turn their backs, Allâh loves not the disbelievers. (3:32)

And obey Allâh and the Messenger so that you may be blessed. (3:132)

So fear Allâh and set things right between you, and obey Allâh and His Messenger if you are believers. (8:1)

O those who believe, obey Allâh and His Messenger and do not turn away from him, while you are listening. (8:20)

Say: Obey Allâh and obey the Messenger; then, if you turn away, upon him rests

what is laid on him, and upon you rests what is laid on you. If you obey him, you will be guided. (24:54)

So establish salaah and pay zakaah and obey Allâh and His Messenger. (58:13)

And whoever obeys Allâh and His Messenger, he has won a great success. (33:71)
And whoever obeys the Messenger, thereby obeys Allâh. (4:80)

And whoever disobeys Allâh and His Messenger and transgresses His limits, He shall admit him to Fire where he shall remain forever. (4:14)

And whoever makes a breach with Allâh and His Messenger, then Allâh is severe in punishment. (8:13)

And whoever disobeys Allâh and His Messenger has gone astray into manifest error. (33:36)

And if you obey him (the Prophet), you shall find the right path. (24:54)

And he (the Prophet (pbuh) does not speak out of his own desire. It is not but a revelation revealed (to him). (53:3-4)

I have already quoted a large number of verses from the Holy Qur’ân which enjoin the obedience of Allâh and the Messenger (pbuh) upon the believers. This “obedience” has nowhere been limited to some particular field. It is an all-embracing obedience which requires total submission from the believers, having no exception whatsoever.

Quote:-Another question is that the Prophet Pbuh made efforts to get the Qur'an written, it was taken further by Abu Baker and usman rta. If our deen and shariah was to be formulated through hadith then why did these people make no efforts to have ahadith written down as they did about Qur'an.

Brother its Allah who select the people to do the job of deen and there is always Hikmah in that.How important were the words of Prophet(pbuh) for each and every sahabi that they never make in differences between the two.If you study the history of sahabah so you will know it.The proity of sahabah was to spread the deen as much they can but following the ahadith was a must for them.

As far as the the hikmah is concerned what I can see from my little knowledge of deen is that there were about 1,25,000.sahabah and Prophet(pbuh)has spoken with many of them.Even though the work of collecting the ahadlth was already begun after the death of Prophet(pbuh) but it was not eassy for them to collect the ahadith form all sahabah. Individually many sahabah did it.Today what we have the collection of ahadith is contributed by more than 10,000 shabah.The collection and compilation of ahaith carried out by many people throughout the first four centuries of Islamic history.They traveled where they thought that they could find some ahadith.

Qoute:-Are we saying that nouzobillah Allah gave us half the shariah in the Qur'an and then said find the rest in Hadith.

Brother your basic concepts are not even clear.The basis of sharia are 1)Quran 2)Sunnah 3)Ijma 4)Qiyas.

Quote:-How can a human manuscript be equal to the divine Qur'an?as mentioned above Allah has defined the authencity and the place of Qur'an in the Qur'an. Where has the Qur'an mentioned that we seek guidance from man written ahadith.

Again you are showing here that how confuse you are as far hadith is concerned.I know you love hadith, then why you are ascribing wrong things to Quran.Read the many verses of Quran which I have quoted above.

Qoute:-If every word , action and deed of prophet is sunnah, then I am afraid the prophet pbuh does not remain a human being, he then becomes divine like Jesus in Christianity.

Not every word and deed but what ever Prophet(pbuh) said or acted for the following of Ummah is Sunnah.

Quote:-Why does the Qur'an corrects the prophet Pbuh.? When he is being hasty is getting the verses of the Qur'an.

Yes Allah said this to Prophet(pbuh) but it is not any way we can presume that what ever Prophet(pbuh) said to His sahabah for their following and for following of ummah is become void.These verses are not saying that.

Quote:-If every word, action, deed of the prophet is sunnah. Then are we saying riding a camel and horse is sunnah, living in tent is sunnah.fighting with a sword is sunnah, so we should not use guns. We should only wear what the prophet used to wear, is that sunnah.

What ever Prophet(buh) said,acted for the following of Ummah is Sunnah.Here one need to use his brain not where you are using.

Quote:-Hadith provides explanation, historical record of the life of prophet pbuh and also his uswa. In my humble opinion it does not add to the core content of our religion.

If ahadith are so irreliable as you said then why one use them for this as well?

Quote:-In my humble opinion. sunnah are those
Sunnah literally means well trodden path in Arabic. Sunnah are those Abrahamic practices and rituals that were adopted and revived by the Prophet Mohammad (pbuh), in some cases after modifications and additions, and instituted among his followers as integral part of God's religion.

Sunnan (plural of Sunnah) are practical activities and have been transferred and established by the Prophet Mohammad (pbuh), as part of the practices of God's religion, through practical demonstration to his Companions. From the companions, these practices have been transmitted uninterrupted through successive generations of Muslims with consensus (Ijma) and practical perpetuation (tawaatur) to date.

People of this website may give you 100% the way you discribe the Sunnah.But I am afraid not Allah.Because you are using you mind here and not following the clear instructions of Allah and his Prophet(pbuh).
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 13, 2006  -  7:53 AM Reply with quote
Sister Nida:-
Quote:-Brother usmani, the fact is that the word "Sunnah" means "practice". It does not mean "a spoken word", etc. It refers only to acts, not words.

So can we say that the sahabah not used to follow the verbal instructions of prophet(pbuh) (nauzobillah) and used to told Him that no Sir we are not simply going to follow you like that .Lets the Quran revealed on this issue and you must act on it than only we will follow it.

Could you please give just one example like that.

Edited by: usmani790 on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 7:58 AM
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 13, 2006  -  10:00 AM Reply with quote
Oosman
Quote:-The only debate is that what is the word of the prophet. The holy Quran contains enough examples of the words of the prophet.

Quran is the words of Allah not the words of Prophet(pbuh).

And if this is the case then why Allah said in Quran that obey Prophet in many places .Further more where ever its come that obey Allah is always followed by obey prophet but there are many places in Quran where it comes only obey prophet .Allah only wish to show us that one should follow the prophet even what He says may not be found in Quran.(Allah knows the best)

Quote:- Why take some fake made-up and corrupt story (hadith) and use it as word of prophet? Why is there a need to take something that is doubtful and bogus and use it as Islamic law?

I have no daught that the most of ahadith in bukhari and Muslim and many other are actually the words of Prophet (pbuh).Quran in clear words ask us that obey and follow the prophet(pbuh).How can it be possible that Allah will ask us to follow and do some thing and He will make its discovery impossible. Sorry brother you can think like that for Allah.I have full trust on Allah.The ahadith are there to obey the commands of Allah who is All Mighty All Wise.
oosman

USA
Posted - Wednesday, December 13, 2006  -  3:30 PM Reply with quote
usmani790,

well, the holy Qur'an is words of Allah, however it also does quote the prophets at many times, and sometimes a verse will start like this : say to them (qul) - These are the words of the prophet.

If I recall your previous posts, you said you follow the sunni hadith because it appeals to you more and you are not very comfortable with shia hadith. If that is correct, then you are only following your whim on what you think is correct. This is such a serious matter that one must do more than just follow the whims of the heart, you must try to back up your whim with scientific study and research.

I have read Abu-Hurariah was often rebuked by Aisha for making up hadith. I have read he used to accept gifts when he was governor and Umar khalifah rebuked him for that. After reading all this, I have doubts about him, and same goes for other narrators. I have read Imam Bukhari was politically biased. How can I blindly accept their hadith after reading these things about them?
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, December 14, 2006  -  1:52 PM Reply with quote
quote:

usmani790,

I don't think anyone is saying that we cannot use the words of the prophet as law or not. That is not the point. There is no disagreement that the worlds of the prophet should be used as law.

The only debate is that what is the word of the prophet. The holy Quran contains enough examples of the words of the prophet. Why take some fake made-up and corrupt story (hadith) and use it as word of prohpet? Why is there a need to take something that is doubtful and bogus and use it as Islamic law?

I don't think oosman believes in Ahaadeeth. I do, but I partly agree with his/her above quote. The fact is that the Sunnah is clear as it has been passed down to us through tawaatur. On the other hand, the Ahaadeeth are not all that clear. They can sometimes create doubts. Plus, they contain the acts of the Prophet (Sunnah) and certain stories (of prophets, etc.) narrated by him. So if we're following the Sunnah, we're in fact following the Ahaadeeth because the Ahaadeeth consist of the Sunnah.

Brother Ibraaheem, I know that the Prophet (SAW) had said that he was going to leave two things behind: The Holy Qur'an and his Sunnah. But the fact of the matter is that Ijma' and Qiyaas are also sources of Islamic law because they are derived from the Qur'an and Sunnah themselves. e.g., the Qur'an does not prescribe a punishment for drinking wine, but through Ijma' only do we get to know that the punishment is 80 lashes, which, if I'm not wrong, was proposed by 'Ali (RA).
Qiyaas is also a source of Islamic law, but it is done on an individual basis, and therefore in order for Qiyaas to become law, Ijma' has to be performed on it. Drugs are considered Haraam today through the practice of Qiyaas only. And by the way, Qiyaas is different from Ijtihaad. The former is based on Asl, Far and Illah, whereas the latter is simply the use of one's intellect in a certain matter/issue.
And the Holy Qur'an itself, as many scholars understand it, points out the four sources of Islamic Law:
"O you who believe! Obey Allah (Qur'an), and obey the Apostle (Sunnah), and those charged with authority amongst you ('Ijma' or the consensus of scholars' opinion); if you differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Apostle ('Qiyaas' or analogy based on the Qur'an and Sunnah)..."

Wassalaam, and Allah knows best.
oosman

USA
Posted - Friday, December 15, 2006  -  4:06 AM Reply with quote
quote:

So if we're following the Sunnah, we're in fact following the Ahaadeeth because the Ahaadeeth consist of the Sunnah.

This is not necessarily true because Sunnah can be contradicting Hadeeth. Hadeeth may or may not consist acts of Sunnah. How do you judge whether a hadeeth is part of sunnah or just fabricated is the big question. If you are like usmani, you will blindly follow the hadeeth that appeals to you (he follows the sunni traditions since shia traditions do not appeal to him).

I am not against hadeeth like you put it, but I am against blindly following hadeeth. If it is verified without doubt that hadeeth is authentic, then there may be no harm in following it. However it is a difficult task, and just because a hadeeth is in a Sahih book does not make it authentic.
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, December 15, 2006  -  6:18 AM Reply with quote
oosman, that's a very good point that you've raised. I too, like you, believe that one should not blindly follow the Ahaadeeth, and that if it is proved (through certain criteria) that a particular Hadeeth is authentic, then only should it be followed. And I also agree that a Saheeh book does not necesarily contain all Saheeh Ahaadeeth. In fact, Saheeh Bukhari does contain some unauthentic Ahaadeeth, which I think is obvious by the fact that he was human, and humans are fully capable of making mistakes. Therefore, even his book should not be considered absolute, even though it is the most authentic book after the Holy Qur'an.

And Allah knows best.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 15, 2006  -  10:45 AM Reply with quote
salam brother usmani

Many thanks for your detailed reply.

Just one thing, brother, with due respect.If the starting point of discusison is "I am right an you are wrong" then the purpose of debate is lost.As I see it, I would like to exchange and discuss my views and question other people's views.I hope I can learn with an open mind.

I have posted my understanding and defination of Sunnah and Hadith. I would be grateful if you could define sunnah and hadith, according to your understanding.

The two additional sources of religion of shariah mentioned by you are ijmmah and ijtehad.

Regarding ijmmah,when and about what? if today the ummah developed ijmmah that eating non halal meat is ok, will it become an acceptable practice or part of religion. Why did Allah give us Divine guidance, if ummah could formulate regulation by consensus?
Shiaats belief in hadith source, that says Prophet PBUH said three times namaz, even without travel or war, so they say zuhr and asr together and maghrib and Isha together.Are we saying that ijmmah of scholars of a different sects, defining regulations for their individual sects.All these sects produce ahadith supporting their views, so are we saying a different regulation for different sects.

If we accept this then the value and importance of Qur'an is compromised.

Ijtehaad, can be used to find answers for simple queries, but not formulate shariah. For example. what we recite in namaz in third and four rakaats after Fatiha. There is no concrete guidance. some will say fatiha is enough others will say add some other verses after Fatiha as we do in the first two rakaats. Ijtihaad may mean one person doing something and the other doing another according to their understanding. Are we saying that our religion shariah is so flexiable and accepts different variants for different individuals.

In my very limited understanding, Allah has not created man blind and ignorant. Divine guidance has been given in those matters where there was a need that human beings will find difficulties in finding solution him self. When we look at Shariah, the Qur'an has given extreme punishments for 5 important crimes.

According to sister Nida, ijtehaad in itself can only take place when their is ijmmah.Thus in practical reality their is no ijtehaad but ijmmah.

Let us look at our participants of forum, we seem to have three main schools of thought.

1. those who think hadith can be used to determine shariah and regulations.

2. Those who totally nagate hadith.

3. Those who believe that the source of religion is QUr'an and sunnah and hadith is the historical record of Prophet PBUH life, likes and dislikes, and provides explanations given by prophet PBUH of QUr'an and sunnah.

So my very dear brother in Islam where is the ijmmah of the ummah on hadith and its authority.Which is a prerequisite of your defination.

I think, if we tried to define sunnah, we will find we may have different definations, may be even different list of sunnah, in this forum we have participants who believe that sunnah is not essential and believe in Qur'an solely.

Allah knows best
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, December 15, 2006  -  11:00 AM Reply with quote
Quote:-If you are like usmani, you will blindly follow the hadeeth that appeals to you.

I have never said that I follow the ahadith blindly.Not even this but the Religion Islam I am not following it because I born in Muslims.I have study it and other the religions as well and finally I have found that the best religion to follow is Islam amoung all other religions.

I am not saying to any body to blindly follow the ahadith.Firstly we need to establish that following ahadith is actually is following Prophet(pbuh) and following Prophet is a actually following Allah.

And whoever obeys the Messenger, thereby obeys Allâh. (4:80)

Unlike the Quran ahadith are not all reliable thats true.So do we forget about all the ahadith?We are not capable to know which hadith is reliable and which is not.So we must ask the people to whom we knows that they are reliable people and also they are qualified as well in the religion.

''So ask the people of remembrance if you do not know(16:43)

Now I will come to the actual cause why some people oppose the ahadith.Because they are not ready to follow the instructions given in some ahadith.Like travelling women,Hijab of men and women,free mixing of man and woman,praying in the mosque and so on.

But this not good thing to do,no one in this planet could follow the 100% instructions given in the ahadith.We follow how mush we can and the one we can not follow ask forgiveness to Allah that we are weak so one day may Allah give us some more strength to do things better.But if we will start opposing the ahadith, then surely we are making Allah unhappy.who can afford it.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, December 15, 2006  -  11:23 AM Reply with quote
Brother Waseem

Quote:-, with due respect.If the starting point of discusison is "I am right an you are wrong" then the purpose of debate is lost.As I see it, I would like to exchange and discuss my views and question other people's views.I hope I can learn with an open mind.

I apologize for any thing I have said to you wrongly.You are right brother,we all are learning things from each other.I thank you for highlighting my mistake.I have go now I will come back to you soon.

Allah Hafiz

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4
Next page >>
Page 2 of 4

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker