1 2 3
Page 3 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 6, 2006  -  10:23 PM Reply with quote
Oosman

Excuse me you did not get my point. I had meant that Allah does not seem to be concerned with the slaves. He treats slaves as a category apart and never addresses them to advise them what to do to avoid insult which is inherent in their very status as a slave.
oosman

USA
Posted - Monday, November 6, 2006  -  10:32 PM Reply with quote
Salaam tilawat,

What is the point of advising a slave when the slave has no power to act on it? That is why Allah orders the slave owners various injunctions, like not to force them into prostituition. If Allah forgot about the slaves, then He would have issued no injunction to the slave owners. It is not true that Allah does not care about slaves.

And that is my opinion, which may be wrong.
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, November 8, 2006  -  1:08 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Salaam tilawat,

What is the point of advising a slave when the slave has no power to act on it? That is why Allah orders the slave owners various injunctions, like not to force them into prostituition. If Allah forgot about the slaves, then He would have issued no injunction to the slave owners. It is not true that Allah does not care about slaves.

And that is my opinion, which may be wrong.

Dear Oosman

So you agree that Allah had no objection to slavery as such which we today consider a great insult to human beings who are born to be free. You mean He wants the slaves to be resigned to their fate to appease the believers who were mostly slave owners and did not like to part with them. He never exhorts them to get free as Marx calls upon the workers to unite and rise against the capitaliists who enslaved them as they have nothing to loose but their chains.
I would advise you to read 'Hidaya', a book of 'Fiqqah', to see how a slave owning society is to look after its slaves.
oosman

USA
Posted - Wednesday, November 8, 2006  -  2:31 AM Reply with quote
Dear tilawat,

Allah exhorts the slave owners to free the slaves. Allah exhorts the believers to free slaves to earn rewards and get closer to Him. Allah tells the slave owner to not prevent the slave from freeing him/her-self by setting a price.

If Allah were to tell the slave to free himself, then what is a slave supposed to do? Kill his master and run away? Is that what you want? A slave is powerless to do anything, that is why Allah directs his commands to the slave owner who can actually do something about it.
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, October 14, 2023  -  7:37 PM Reply with quote
السلام عليكم
I left this forum many years ago, and had requested the admins/managers to delete all my posts.
Since they have conveniently ignored my request, I advise the readers to ignore my posts, and I openly retract from anything I said that was against the Qur'aan, Sunnah or way of the salaf.
I also free myself from this website, for its 'aqeedah and manhaj is not what the salaf were upon.

Learn true Islaam instead of wasting your time listening to people's opinions on forums.

www.tawhidfirst.com (English)

www.imamdarimi.com (Urdu)

(Posted by member, Nida_e_Khair)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Page 3 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker