raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, October 21, 2006  -  5:52 AM Reply with quote
let the shaitan use your prayer mat for a good cause.plz allow him
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, October 22, 2006  -  1:35 PM Reply with quote
plz be cool n soft n smiley while replying

a shaitan is always quick to pray if mat is available but why not human being...
qayamat is very near I can guess

happy eid to everyone
salam

Edited by: raushan on Sunday, October 22, 2006 1:36 PM
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, October 27, 2006  -  4:09 AM Reply with quote
Sksamsherali

As usual I am impressed by your write-up on the topic. Your quotation of Quran:

"O prophet, tell your wives, your daughters, and the wives of the believers that they shall LENGTHEN their garments. Thus, they will be recognized and avoid being insulted. God is Forgiver, Most Merciful." 33:59
raises a very important questions which you did not perhaps consider important to comment.
It says "Thus, they will be recognized and avoid being insulted".

This quotation raises a plethora of questions which none could clarify so far according to my knowledge and to my satisfaction.

Firstly; how the muslim woman can be recognized? By a special dress they wore or some other sign?

Secondly; the question arises as to who were the insulters. Apparently they were Muslims as they insulted only the non-muslim women.

Thirdly; why Allah is selective being concerned only with protecting the honour of muslim women only?

Fourthly; why Allah says nothing about checking those insulters and appears to give a freehand to them to insult the women who are not 'recognized' as muslims?

And fifthly; Is recognition as muslim depends on the dress only and if so what about the people who have been declared non-muslims, but who dress like muslims? I mean Ahmadies who are more strict about wearing veil than non-ahmadies. Will they also be spared from insulting, etc.?

There is no end to these questions but I would first like to read your comments on the questions raised by me heretofore.
oosman

USA
Posted - Friday, October 27, 2006  -  3:55 PM Reply with quote
tilawat,

Even though your comments refer to someone else, I would like to add something if you don't mind.

You might have read there were brothels in those times and the arabs used their slave girls for prostituition and to make money. When men would visit these places, they would flirt with the woman there. If pious ladies pass by, these men would also harass them not knowing the difference. Also these immoral men might be drunk.

One reason that comes to mind why pious free believing woman were asked to cover with outer garments so it would be easy for the immoral men to know that these are not sex slaves of the brothel but rather free women. So they would leave them alone.

quote:

the question arises as to who were the insulters. Apparently they were Muslims as they insulted only the non-muslim women.

These might have been those immoral men who visited the harems. Could have been the hypocrite Muslims or non-Muslims. How do you know they insulted only non-Muslim women?

quote:

Thirdly; why Allah is selective being concerned only with protecting the honour of muslim women only?

Allah is referring to the free believing women. Obviously the slave has no choice, she was following the will of her master and there is no use in asking the slave to cover with outer garments, her masters would probably think that was not good for their business.

quote:

Fourthly; why Allah says nothing about checking those insulters and appears to give a freehand to them to insult the women who are not 'recognized' as muslims?

Many muslims live in this fake make belief world that the holy prophet was an all powerful ruler, and everyone in town obeyed him. This was simply not true, even after the conquests. You realize how difficult it is for even modern day governments to enforce law and order? How was the prophet supposed to do that over ignorant pagan arabs without any police force? Such an impractical order to the prophet would have been useless and pointless. If a law cannot be enforced, then what is the point of writing laws?
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, October 29, 2006  -  11:42 PM Reply with quote
oosman

Thank you for the reply. But excuse me your reply raises more question than it answers. I will come to it later but a few questions which came just to my mind:

1. Are these Quranic injunctions applicable today?
2. Proses in Pakistan and actresses(both believers, perhaps) in Pakistan today do wear burqas to escape teasing and insults but women of well to do honourable families rarely do that. So this is a question of social status and convenience not a moral or religious issue. Did slaves (No religious categorisation?) of those days not want to avoid teasing and insults by took advantage of hijab to escape it?
oosman

USA
Posted - Wednesday, November 1, 2006  -  2:55 AM Reply with quote
tilawat

1-It depends on the interpretation, time, place and situation if the injunction is applicable or not today. What should be applicable would be decency and modesty.
2-Even if a slave wanted to wear hijab, her owners might not allow it.
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 3, 2006  -  10:27 PM Reply with quote
oosman

So you mean Allah has no objection to one's being made a slave and insulted in any manner?
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 3, 2006  -  10:27 PM Reply with quote
oosman

So you mean Allah has no objection to one's being made a slave and insulted in any manner?
oosman

USA
Posted - Saturday, November 4, 2006  -  4:35 PM Reply with quote
Allah (SWT) will do the ultimate justice in the hereafter. If a slave has been oppressed, the oppressor will have to explain and pay the price.
marwan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, November 4, 2006  -  8:08 PM Reply with quote
salaam,

Regarding when to break the fast, the answer is very simple.

It is made lawful to you to go into your wives on the night of the fast; they are an apparel for you and you are an apparel for them; Allah knew that you acted unfaithfully to yourselves, so He has turned to you (mercifully) and removed from you (this burden); so now be in contact with them and seek what Allah has ordained for you, and eat and drink until the white thread of dawn becomes distinct from the black thread of night, then complete the fast till night, and have not contact with them while you keep to the mosques; these are the limits of Allah, so do not go near them. Thus does Allah make clear His communications for men that they may guard (against evil).

very easy, do not eat or drink from dawn/first light until night, not sunset, not dusk, NIGHT.

The guidance of Allah is clear, so everyone please follow it.

salaam

Edited by: marwan on Saturday, November 04, 2006 8:08 PM
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, November 4, 2006  -  11:57 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Allah (SWT) will do the ultimate justice in the hereafter. If a slave has been oppressed, the oppressor will have to explain and pay the price.

Why not leave justice in case of slave-masters also to hereafter? Do you mean Allah's laws are discriminatory?
oosman

USA
Posted - Sunday, November 5, 2006  -  12:26 AM Reply with quote
I am not sure what you are asking. Can you explain please?
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, November 5, 2006  -  8:02 AM Reply with quote
we are still discussing slaves ,a fictitious thing in present world.
oosman

USA
Posted - Monday, November 6, 2006  -  12:18 AM Reply with quote
It is not fictitious, it still exists today, especially in the third world. Also you have not explained clearly what you are trying to ask.
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 6, 2006  -  1:55 AM Reply with quote
quote:

I am not sure what you are asking. Can you explain please?

You presumably meant that the slaves will be requited in the hereafter if they are insulted and that God is concerned only with the protection of slave-masters in this world (and hereafter also).
oosman

USA
Posted - Monday, November 6, 2006  -  4:07 PM Reply with quote
What do you think of the innocent Muslim and Christian Black people slaughtered by Arab Janjaweed in Sudan. What of the Bosnians and Palestinians massacred? The oppressors do not get their due deserve in this life. Does that mean Allah is on their side?

The example of slaves is similar. They were oppressed by their owners, and Allah will do His justice eventually, then the oppressors will get their just deserves.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 2 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker