1 2 3
Page 3 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, April 11, 2006  -  11:59 AM Reply with quote
quote:

The way Islam is being taught is not constructive. Those who are eager to learn are being set on a path of confusion at a very early stage.
Consult classical islam and then return to this site and listen to their arguments.

Edited by: mkwazeeri on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 4:39 PM

So it means that most of the ulemas and muslims who are preaching secterianism and hatred are better than the team of studying-islam.org.

they are better because they are preaching Islam from their conservative mind and have confined Islam to a Religion

Do you even know what is Islam? Is Islam a Religion? Most of the ulemas that I have seen donot even know what is Islam and they are Imams of the Mosque and also called "hazrat".

Islam is not a religion, it is a deen(way of life) . Religion means "School of thought" and when you say that Islam is a school of thought then you are reducing the boundaries of Islam.

Even I donot agree with all the replies of the team of UI and studying-islam site but I admire the kind of effort that they have taken to explain Islam from an unbiased mind.

It is the team of UI site that cleared my concept about the relationship between muslims and non-muslims.

Most of the Ulemas and even those who appear on TV donot even know the proper context of the Qur'anic verse which dissuades muslims from making freindship with Christians and Jews and they just believe in it as they read it.

If we should not go into the context of the verses ,then these ulemas should also believe in the verse which directly orders muslims to kill a polytheist where ever they see them.
Why dont the ulemas do such thing? why dont they kill the polytheists(hindus) living in their society?

The problem is brother that you cannot understand Qur'an and Sunnah without having the knowledge of the proper context.

Their are many other examples of studying-islam that I want to give but the shortage of time doesnot permit me.

The Scholars of UI site have even given their views on the matter of apostasy and no other site I am pretty sure will ever give such explanation on the matter of apostasy including Dr.Zakir Naik who is well known for his knowledge of Islam.

I hope this helps,

Regards,
adilsimi

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, June 21, 2008  -  6:19 PM Reply with quote
i totally agree with mcwazeeri
ahmedbashirtahi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, July 3, 2009  -  9:14 AM Reply with quote
There is no such thing on earth as "Classical Islam" or "Modern Islam". Islam is purely "Islam". Islam is "since ever and forever".
narjis542003

USA
Posted - Saturday, July 4, 2009  -  1:15 AM Reply with quote
Assalamu alaykoum to all,
I was checking for an answer to a post I made before and this topic appeared. I am fairly new to Islam and have enjoyed learning at this site.
My husband has told me to take Islam slow when it comes to learning, because it is like the ocean both beautiful and overwhelming. Without due caution, one can drown in it.
This site has been a blessing from Allah for me. It has helped me to comprehend the purposes of Sunnah and Hadith. Before taking their respective courses, I could not bring myself to trust Sunnan and Hadith. So I kept myself to only reading and trusting the Quran alone. Now, alhamdoulilah, I am more trusting. I see Sunnah and Hadith for what they are.
As for the comments made by the original author, I have seen what happens to people when their faith is pulled into question and they have no firm foundation, no firm knowledge of WHY they believe WHAT they believe. They are unable to accept that another's perception of the same religious belief may differ from their own and still be valid.
Insha Allah, I will be guided aright as I continue my studies here. Alhamdoulilah that the scholars at Studying Islam offer such enrichment for no cost. May Allah continue to guide the scholars of this site. Please accept my sincere thanks for all I have learned here.
mrselgammal

USA
Posted - Tuesday, February 21, 2012  -  10:26 PM Reply with quote
As salaamu alaikum everyone. I am sooooooo confused by reading this post. It seemed to me this site is very knowledgeable and I've not run across anything that goes against Qur'an or Sunnah. Of course, I do not know volumes about Islam. I really, really want to know everything I can but I have to be honest that it is difficult to know where to go, especially if you live in a small community. Can somebody, anybody, please please give me correct information? Why exactly are people against this site? What information is against sunnah or Qur'an? Help.
mzafar

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, February 22, 2012  -  2:21 PM Reply with quote
Whatever information is available on the site is 'Uthentic' and from the 'Classical sources' of islam. However, since some of the interpretations and opinions (with which you can disagree) are different and are in contradiction from the majority of the scholars ( it is fair to say that great scholars of Islam throughout the history hold different opinions, in comparison to majority)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Page 3 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker