Page 2 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
khsyed

USA
Posted - Sunday, March 12, 2006  -  12:53 AM Reply with quote
dear brother mkwazeeri
assalam o alekum
i just got this website recently,in my opinion there is only one view of islam ie: allah's view that is what message(s) allah wants us to get to improve our lives in this world and hereafter.The idea of classical and contemporary islam does not appeal me.If any interpratation does not conflict basic theme of Quran and muttafiq aleh hadith then we should not hesitate to accept the interpretation that guides us the best way according to the current situation.
Discussion,debate and research on subsidiaries of islam is desperately needed to prove that islam and Quran is for all times.
so plz think positive and post specefic questions/contradidtions with reference.
allah knows we are discussing this with good intensions.
allah knows the best
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, March 12, 2006  -  9:20 PM Reply with quote
I feel that we must never be scared of stepping forward into knowledge and research; as long as our sources are the basic 3 authentic sources of Islam i.e. Qura'n, Sunnah and Hadith.
It is this shying away from research and hard work that caused the down fall of muslims, not only in religion, but also in technology. Changing eras and cultures as well as Scientific and Technological advancement demands research into the Islamic stance about issues for example the latest issue of human rights and use of froze embryos. It was not just the duty of Imam Bukhari and Muslim to do the research in their times and we just close the doors of thought and understanding upon ourselves, shut our eyes, ears and minds and keep wondering what to do. Ps the "Mission" of the people working behind this site and the sister site Monthly Renaissance.

I suggest we read a bit more around this and the sister sites before giving our final opinion. I just came across these people when a colleague Dr. presented the Renaissance journal to me a few years back. As I started reading through, I realized the logic behind every stance presented and the hard work associated. I therefore decided to stand by them and help propagating the Message most needed by not only muslims, rather the whole humanity..in my own capacity. I have realized after studying only that this is nothing but the Message of Qura'n and Abraham (pbuh) as concluded by the beloved muhammad sws(pbuh).

The Mission

Renaissance was launched in January 1991 with an aim to communicate the true message of Islam and to purge it from various innovations which have, over the years, crept into its edifice. The basic idea behind its initiation is to present the teachings of Islam in their pristine form and to apply its principles in current circumstances with a view to present positive solutions to the problems faced in the fields of law and politics, economics and sociology and indeed in all the other spheres of life.
No doubt, a tempest has blown the Muslim fleet out of course. We are going through a period of general decline in all the affairs of life. A revolution in the intellectual and mental perspectives is the need of the hour. The challenge we face is prodigious and the effort required is Herculean. But then, there is a heartening aspect to this situation: In recent times, the task of such an intellectual and mental reformation has already been taken up by a religious scholar of exceptional intellect, Imam Hameed Uddin Farahi (d:1930). He, together with his most outstanding pupil Amin Ahsan Islahi (d:1997), has redirected the Muslim religious thought to the path from which it had deviated by opening the way to direct deliberation on the Qur’an.
We intend to continue the work of intellectual revival begun by these two personalities in our own limited capacities so as to contribute whatever we can to the cause of this awakening. We are no scholars or men of learning, but very ordinary seekers of the truth. Our limitations and shortcomings are as evident to us as the midday sun, yet it is just the quest for the truth and the desire for its dissemination that has inspired us to undertake such a daunting task. In the tremendous pandemonium that prevails, our voice is no more than a whisper, yet something deep down in our hearts beckons us to devote even the last quantum of energy we have for the cause of truth:

Stand upright, speak thy thought, declare,
The truth thou hast that all may share,
Be bold, proclaim it every where,
They only live who dare.

Henna Khan
Regional Rep. UK Chapter
mkwazeeri

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, March 13, 2006  -  9:43 PM Reply with quote
Sister Hinna
Thats the problem I have. Why did Allah(swt) wait for this organisation before the true message of islam was given to the people?

For all other brothers and sisters, the doors of ijtihaad are closed as soon as a consensus is reached.

There are many USA funded websites which are working towards stripping away islam from us bit by bit. Some sites do this by directly attacking islam, others just add a bit of doubt in our minds about held and agreed upon beliefs. Hadhiths, History, and soon ayats.
This is what has lead me to be suspicious of this site. As far as I am concerned I was just making sure everyone knew that this isn't the islam of the majority, it is a new fad which is being sneaked into the muslim youth.
mkwazeeri

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, March 13, 2006  -  9:47 PM Reply with quote
brother syed

"interpretation that guides us the best way according to the current situation."

Some people can and have interpreted the Quran to allow for music, dancing, dating....etc
Should we also accept the permissibility of Homosexuality because that would look well on us, by the current global trends? Because people can interpret ayats and hadhits to allow homosexuality as well.

The quran and hadhiths are not open to interpretations.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, March 13, 2006  -  10:33 PM Reply with quote
positive criticism is always good and reflects a thinking mind. i'm pleased you are thinking. one must read around all available options and when our intention is to find the Truth, God helps us through and directs to the most Right. but never be scared to read and learn; however without any preset prejudice. only then you shall be able to scribble something on a clean sheet.
reading and studying with us does not restrict you from reading and studying other sites; rather you will find articles & info. here by various scholars from all over the world and times.
wassala'm
khsyed

USA
Posted - Tuesday, March 14, 2006  -  7:48 PM Reply with quote
brother wazeeri
Add the following to my statement , " interpretation that guides us the best way according to the current situation and should not conflict the basic message of Quran , hadith and sunnah."
As you know arabic is very rich and deep language evry word has various meanings according to the subject , sentence and the time.
Music is not allowed in all forms but folk and classical music as a means of relaxation should be ok.
Same is true for sisters dancing in sisters gatherings and brothers dancing in brothers gatherings which is the case in different folk cultures ,celebrations and matrimonial gatherings.
As far as homosexuality is concerned one can not deny that this is inborn hormone mediated mental deviation from norm , we can supress this mentality and behavior by accepting the problem and by providing them education , help and environment and not by hating , denying and condeming them.
As a fotunate educated man living in west my problem is I hesitate to accept anything from any Hadith which is not in accordance with Quran and Sunnah.
In my opinion except Quran and Sunnah and those Hadiths which does not contradict the first two can and should be agreed or disagreed upon
should be open for discussion and "ijma '.
These are very minor issues we are discussiing , music , dance and other sectarian issues are
not the cause of muslim ummah's demise instead
the real issues are lack of wisdom,leadership,education,science and technology,tolerance,discussions,think tanks,accountability,responsibility,honesty,profesionalism,devtion
democracy,justice,basic needs,human rights and so on.
allah knows best
mzafar

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, March 15, 2006  -  6:29 AM Reply with quote
lol! islam is also divided in to Classical n Modren??? wrong way of thinking.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, March 15, 2006  -  8:20 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Sister Hinna
Thats the problem I have. Why did Allah(swt) wait for this organisation before the true message of islam was given to the people?

For all other brothers and sisters, the doors of ijtihaad are closed as soon as a consensus is reached.

There are many USA funded websites which are working towards stripping away islam from us bit by bit. Some sites do this by directly attacking islam, others just add a bit of doubt in our minds about held and agreed upon beliefs. Hadhiths, History, and soon ayats.
This is what has lead me to be suspicious of this site. As far as I am concerned I was just making sure everyone knew that this isn't the islam of the majority, it is a new fad which is being sneaked into the muslim youth.

dear brother ,
I dont understand why you always avoid to give examples /references showing HIDDEN INTENTIONS of this website .
What is the islam of majority?To whom should we contact for this.I may be wrong but As far as majority of muslims are concerned they practically dont follow even the basic guidelines of Islam(e.g.praying five times a day).

Blaming anyone without giving proof is not the correct way.
The INTENTIONS are only known to Allah and no one can say what is stored in someone's heart.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, March 15, 2006  -  10:24 AM Reply with quote
as per the logic given by brother mkwazeeri,
to be suspicious about this site , in his own words is...

There are many USA funded websites which are working towards stripping away islam from us bit by bit. Some sites do this by directly attacking ....
This is what has lead me to be suspicious of this site.

If this is called logic then nothing is left to be discussed on this issue.
wassalam
mkwazeeri

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, March 17, 2006  -  8:44 PM Reply with quote
"As far as homosexuality is concerned one can not deny that this is inborn hormone mediated mental deviation from norm "

Brother Syed the above is not the topic of debate thats I will not involve myself too much in it. But Homosexuality has not been proven to be hormone mediated. It is at best a pshycological deviance.

"As a fotunate educated man living in west my problem is I hesitate to accept anything from any Hadith which is not in accordance with Quran and Sunnah."

How do you know what is in accordance of the sunnah and the quran? What is the source of sunnah, if it isn't the Hadhiths?

"should be agreed or disagreed upon
should be open for discussion and "ijma "

Brother, Ijma is not open for all. There are certain rules which dictate when and in what situation and who can be a part of ijma . Anything on which there is a consensus is not open to Ijma and debate. Certainly not by laymen like us. Ijma right now would be more appropriate on issues such as cloning, organ transplants.....etc

This is the very thing that has kept Islam from bidah unlike other religions throughout history. Remember the knowledge we have has come from the very people who we are now claiming didn't understand it.
mkwazeeri

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 18, 2006  -  12:38 PM Reply with quote
And to add you must have seen all the articles on this site which are trying to remove Hadhiths as a source of Islam very sneakily.
Like I said before if you remove Hadhiths from Islam you are left with a quran that is open to interpretation. Further seperating the Ummah.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, April 5, 2006  -  12:39 PM Reply with quote
plz do not misguide the readers and visitors as one will be accountable for doing this. there is a bad tiding for those in the Qura'n who misguide others without knowledge. if you read our courses you will find that the basic info given is that there are three sources of Islam; the Qura'n, the Hadith and the Sunnah. each is then further explained in various courses.
if we continue to find posts which blame without evidence and logic, we are afraid such posts will be ignored in future.
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, April 5, 2006  -  11:13 PM Reply with quote
AOA all

The discussion on this prhaps illustrates why islamic world is in mess today. Dont think just follow into whatever sect you were born into. There seem to be assumption that all the muslims have always had the same hadith that they follow. I wonder how so many different sects have come into being-certainly not by following the Quran. In fact so called scholars have relied on contradictory hadith to split muslims into various sects. non of the sects use the Quran to justify their differences but the particular hadith that they follow.
The statement that somehow something becomes correct because the majority believe-well it is good job that all the prophets did not start with this wonderful logic, for they usually started with the 'majority of one'. On the other hand if you are so convinced by the majority arguement, then really you should be non-muslim as they are by far the bigger majority.
I dont agree with much of what is in this website, as the thinking and the logic is often muddled but at least there is an some attempt at thinking. if you have problem with thinking and islam, then one has to question your knowldge of basics in Islanm-for the Quran clearly states Allah has given you sight, hearing and intelligence therefore do not accept anything that you cannot verify for yourselfand if you need a so called scholar to explain this to you then i wish you lots of luck.
regards
Reshad

USA
Posted - Thursday, April 6, 2006  -  6:52 AM Reply with quote
Asalm walkium,

I am just 'the' person in terms of being introduced to islam or 'starter' if you would say. My impression of this site has been over whelming with admiration for whomever started this website or rather organization. Anyone should know that what he or she reads should be met with raional and reasoning. The only rational I read here are from the scholoars on this web site. Ask yourself would they let you post your argument if they really wanted to start something new or something (God forbid) other then islam. The teachings and rational are just and fair and if you do not think so please for the benifit of all, provide your evidence!!

May Allah guide us all to the straight path!

Edited by: Reshad on Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:55 AM
Shaan

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, April 6, 2006  -  4:55 PM Reply with quote
quote:

And to add you must have seen all the articles on this site which are trying to remove Hadhiths as a source of Islam very sneakily.
Like I said before if you remove Hadhiths from Islam you are left with a quran that is open to interpretation. Further seperating the Ummah.

Assalam-o-alaikum,

The site is not removing hadith from Islam.Ahadith and other literatures are the only sources from which we can know the life and person of the prophet(pbuh),his sahaba,etc..

What is being done at Al-Mawrid institute is that ahadith are being understood in light of Quran and Sunnah just like the great four jurists had done.

Also, they don't hold their view to be the ultimate truth and even don't impose their view on others.They accept the chances of error and appreciate if someone corrects them.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, April 11, 2006  -  11:11 AM Reply with quote
ps our recent monthly renaissance issue for some relevant info

http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/Aprq12y6.htm

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 2 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker