Next page >>
Page 1 of 7

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Saturday, October 29, 2005  -  7:53 AM Reply with quote
can we come to the masjid?

Many ladies ask in the community, and this happens every year in ramadan that whether they can come to the masjid during their periods.
I think with so much info. and media in today's age it is very wel known nowadays that they can indeed; to listen to the sermons ad even read Qura'n and duas. Most masjids have seating arrangements a bit away from the actual prayer area.

so do come in; even for Eid sermon.This will keep the opportunities open for your children as well.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, October 29, 2005  -  10:18 AM Reply with quote
Yes prophet (pbuh) has Surely asked women to Com to Join Eid Dua BUT During Periods Time ONE is NOT Pure So How one Can Come inside the Mosque Area???

Well there is Only ONE option left & that is If there is any Place Present OUTSIDE the Described or Declared Mosque then SUCH people can Stay here & Listen.

But here U r Absolutely RIGHT that they can indeed listen to the sermons & even read Qura'n and duas.

I hope this Helps
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, October 29, 2005  -  2:18 PM Reply with quote
thnx ibrahim
this gives a scholarly support to my stance

another imp. thing which we were discussing recently in a women's programme on local radio ramadan is that many a times the fact of not being able to carry out acts of worship like salah, fasting, visiting the kaaba etc during periods or puerperium(the time periosd after child birth) is put down to the state of impurity; which obviously means physical impurity as it does not obviously mean spiritual impurity.
but in todays time and age with such an advancement in everything including personal hygiene e.g. highly absorbable sanitary towels, frequent changing, much advanced self care, etc.its not like the olden days when there would be a high chance of leaking and staining here and there etc.(although we are aware that many parts of the world are still in the same state; the rules of complete restriction to mosque then may apply to them because of physical impurity)
so actually we could look at things more positively i.e. it is actually the care and consideration of islam for women that it has given her the relaxation from the acts of worship during these days when she may not feel physically well or fit to perform them due to pains, heavy bleeding etc. and many a times women actually need to take various medications during these days.
hence instead of looking at a woman as an impure object during such days, she should be looked at as someone who is cared for and looked after well by her loving Creator and his messenger sws.
sobi_05

USA
Posted - Saturday, October 29, 2005  -  5:11 PM Reply with quote
hkhan, this thought have crossed sometimes through my mind. Especially the Salah is a physical act as well, i.e., bowing, prostating, and than sitting in a specific position. Only a woman can understand her limitations during these days. So i agree with you. We should also see it as a relaxation from our loving Creator. On the other hand, we should also understand that running blood invites germs and bectaria and Allah loves cleanliness. Any kind of excretion from the body makes one inadequate to stand before the lord. Urination, defecation, vomiting, bleeding even its a drop from nose or tooth, or passing out gas, calls for the renewel of ablution. Clean clothes, clean place, clean body....these are the ettiquets of praying. Because bleeding and the unclean cloths (napkins) makes one unfitt to stand before Allah, woman cannot perform salah during these days. To my understanding even a bleeding man cannot perform salah (correct me if im wrong).
Brother ibrahim, could you please write some quranic verse or Hadith supporting the fact that woman should not enter the mosque area when are menstrating?
jazakallah
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, October 30, 2005  -  11:18 AM Reply with quote
an e.g. of what ibrahim recommended could be what we are lucky to have in our local masjid, the mosque library to which doors open directly from the prayer hall and women looking after younger children also use it during prayer times.
besides that the last couple of rows next to the back walls in the ladies prayer hall are never used for prayers, hence the women not praying sit there to listen, read and recite.
so i guess its not difficult to allocate such areas for the purpose in all masjids.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, October 31, 2005  -  2:43 PM Reply with quote
Dear Sister, I Totally AGREE with You
quote:

Brother ibrahim, could you please write some quranic verse or Hadith supporting the fact that woman should not enter the mosque area when are menstrating?
jazakallah
Well Sister, we Derive This From the Same Aaya (about Wuzu & Ghusal 4:43) where It's Prohibited for a "Junubi" (State of impurity; May be Sexual & May be Physical b4 Bath) to Come in the Mosque Except one is JUST Passing thru it on the Road.
I hope this helps.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, November 6, 2005  -  4:47 PM Reply with quote
with due respect ibrahim i hv to mention something i just came across as i read through al nisa one more time; and also as we are reading it in our stislam local circle.
looking at the context of the verse you hv mentioned, it was adviced not to go near the salah(the prayer itself, meaning not to pray) when drunk(initial instructions re: alcohol before it was completely prohibited) and in that regard it was mentioned not to enter (the masjid) except that you just passed by;
i think its quite obvious that the purpose is not to pray in that condition whether at home or masjid; and same stance given there for a junbi(a state after coitus).

wen we talk about a woman to be encouraged to go to the masjid for eid or fri salah even if menstruating, to listen to the khutbah, as the beloved sws encouraged them, the purpose obviously is not to pray the salah/namaz, rather is just to listen to the words of wisdom and obviously as it comes along with it she can hv the benefit of intermingling with the community socially, utilizing that time for dhikr etc.
so i'm afraid the contaxt of this verse does not seem at all right to be used as an order for a woman not to go to the mosque in this state.

with due respect to your scholarship my dear br.
just trying to understand better insh'Allah
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, November 12, 2005  -  9:58 AM Reply with quote
Sorry for the Delay BUT there is a Good news for Ladies.

Well, I was wrong while stoping them from going to Mosques During Mensuration period Considering their case Similar to "Janabah" BUT the TWO cases are Totally Different. Women have Stopped From PRAYER, FASTING & TAWAAF only Durind this Period.

& U won sis Henna & KEEP winning.
sobi_05

USA
Posted - Saturday, November 12, 2005  -  5:45 PM Reply with quote
Thanks sister hkhan and brother ibrahim for clarifying this matter. Because my mind was still wondering about women not allowed to go to mosque during this condition.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, November 13, 2005  -  8:11 AM Reply with quote
j.k. ibrahim.
i think its great of you to accept a mistake openly as obviously my knowledge in this regard is nowahere close to yours and you could have ignored me easily
Teeha

USA
Posted - Friday, November 18, 2005  -  7:57 PM Reply with quote
Salam everyone,
New here and this is my first post.
Women should not go to the Mosque during her time of the month. That is the time a women's body is purifying itself, and Allah respects that of us.
During any other time however it is not required but a blessing for the women to go the mosque.
Working on getting the women's area in our Mosque bigger so that more women can join.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 21, 2005  -  7:46 AM Reply with quote
wa alaikum us Salaam Teeha sis
we all v Warmly welcome U here & hope that we'll Learn from U a LOT.
Well, if U've gone thru this whole discussion then U'll have Found that we've Become able understood that "Women have ONLY been Stopped From PRAYER, FASTING & TAWAAF Durind their time of the month & Nothing ELSE" so How U r saying That "Women should not go to the Mosque during this time".

God Bless u in Ur all Efforts
oosman

USA
Posted - Thursday, December 15, 2005  -  2:15 AM Reply with quote
I do not know if the women should go to masjid or not when in period, but I would like to point out something. When the prophet arrived in Medina and build the masjid there, he built the rooms of his wives inside the masjid. So the wives were living in the masjid all the time, even in their period.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, December 15, 2005  -  4:08 AM Reply with quote
It is correct that according to the Shari'ah, Muslim women are not allowed to stay in the Masjid during their menstrual period. They can pass by it or if they have to take something from the Masjid they can go there for a short time, but they should not stay inside the Masjid during this period. This ruling is based on the Sunnah of the Prophet -peace be upon him. It is reported by Abu Da'ud that the Prophet -peace be upon him- said, "I do not allow the junub (a person who had a wet dream or sex and had not yet taken a bath afterwards) and the ha'id (the menstruating woman) to be in the Masjid. (Sunan Abi Da'ud, Hadith no. 201, see also Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith no. 637).

Source:-
http://www.pakistanlink.com/religion/97/re04-11-97.html
oosman

USA
Posted - Thursday, December 15, 2005  -  1:54 PM Reply with quote
So are you saying that the prophet used to ask his wives in period to leave their rooms and go outside the masjid? Their rooms were inside the masid-nabwi. Please enlighten us!
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, December 16, 2005  -  3:39 AM Reply with quote
Prophet's(pbuh) residence and the masjid may be under one fence, but the residence is not considered as a masjid.Same situation is present at lot of places in pakistan,where Imam's residence and masjid are under one fence.People go to the masjid for prayers not into the residence of Imam.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Next page >>
Page 1 of 7

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker