1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Next page >>
Page 3 of 7

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, March 15, 2006  -  10:56 AM Reply with quote
Thanks Brother for your input.You have said that you may be wrong so i should prefer to take the oposit view in this regards,where the four Imam are and also the majority of the Muslim scholars.

Regards
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, March 16, 2006  -  4:45 AM Reply with quote
Yes Why NOT u shud Prefer what U think is Right
BUT
Let me Clear THAT

this OPOSIT VIEW is NOT MINE & NOT a Product of our Research ONLY. It's as Popular as the other between Muslim Scholors (especially "Ehl e Hadith" Scholors). Great Imam Ibn e Hazam has Strongly denied the Other View on the Basis of another Authentic Hadith & Has Clearified that The Hadith of Abu Daud is "Zaeef". Now is Upto U if U want to Follow a "Zaeef" Hadith.

Last but Not the Least, What's Proof w U that "the majority of the Muslim scholars" has the View U've described.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, March 18, 2006  -  9:43 AM Reply with quote
The Basis of my preference is not this hadith but my own study some of which I had posted here.

I don't have any proof sir but during my study on this subject I found that most of scholor on this opinion.They were not in any doubt like you are.

Regards,
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, March 18, 2006  -  11:07 AM Reply with quote
Well WHO said that I'm in ANY SORT of DOUBT. My sentense "I may be Wrong" was JUST to Show That WE ALL r Human beings & After The Prophet (pbuh) every Human Can be WRONG any time It May be ME & U or It May be Imam Abu Hanifah (r) Or Any "Sahabi (companion)" [rtu].

Am I right?
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, March 18, 2006  -  11:49 AM Reply with quote
Yes you are right brother
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, March 19, 2006  -  6:14 AM Reply with quote
QUOTE: - but the residence is not considered as a masjid.Same situation is present at lot of places in pakistan,where Imam's residence and masjid are under one fence.People go to the masjid for prayers not into the residence of Imam.

Yes! Similarly toilets are also present in the mosques and I think anyone in any condition can use them.
sisterinislam

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, May 22, 2006  -  1:28 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaykum,
please correct me if i am wrong but i am sure that there is a hadith stating that the best and most rewarding place for a woman to pray is in the home I beleive this advice was given to one of the sahabah when he explained to the prophet that his wife wished to go to the mosque. If this is the case then surly it is as our prophet suggests better and more rewarding that ladies stay at home to pray wether menstruating or not also i think there is another related by ayiasha r.a that if the prophet could see the behaviour and state of the women of that era he would have dissalowed them from the mosques completely I am sure that the women of those times were a lot more pious than the females of today. sorry if i have offended anyone this was not my intention just stating my opinions.
and Allah surly knows best
sisterinislam

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, May 22, 2006  -  1:40 PM Reply with quote
ps also can i advise that although menstruation places females in a state of impurity it is also a blessing from Allah it is part of our biological process of conception, it could also be said that it allows women a time of rest and recuperation men never have a time when they dont have to pray or fast. men usually have a higher sex drive than women and so it also gives them a rest on this front (blushes)
sobi_05

USA
Posted - Tuesday, May 23, 2006  -  10:04 PM Reply with quote
Walaakum Asslaam,
Dear sisterinislam,
Will you please restate the hadith related by Ayesha (may Allah be pleased with her)?? and if you could provide the reference of the book ?? Bukhari, Muslim? I'll appreciate.
About the piouty, Only Allah Subhanahu knows it. And He knows better.
sisterinislam

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, May 24, 2006  -  5:11 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu alaykum
soNarrated 'aisha:

Had Allah's Apostle known what the women were doing, he would have forbidden them from going to the mosque as the women of Bani Israel had been forbidden. Yahya bin Said (a sub-narrator) asked 'Amra (another sub-narrator), "Were the women of Bani Israel forbidden?" She replied "Yes."

126 - Hadith number: 130; Book: Characteristics of Prayer

rry it has taken me so long to reply to ur post however i wanted to be exactly correct in my quoting of this hadith and it took me a little while to find it however i did mashallah
sisterinislam

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, May 24, 2006  -  5:13 PM Reply with quote
ps sorry it was taken from the book of bukhari hadith im sure it is in others but i didnt check.
sobi_05

USA
Posted - Tuesday, May 30, 2006  -  4:38 PM Reply with quote
Nevermind sister.
The words of this hadith "What the women were doing" calls for a context. One ask the question, what is exactly that women of those times were doing in the mosque other than praying?

I speculate the narration of that hadith by Ayesha (may Allah be pleased with her) on a particular event after the prophet (pbuh) has passed away. I may be wrong as i am not a researher or scholar in the field.
I can only request the attention of scholars in the hadith field on this site to put light on the context and authenticity of this hadith.

I know only that Mosque is also a place of Umma unity other than worship. And Umma includes members of all Sexes and all Ages. As i lived both in muslim dominating eastern world (Pakistan) and the western world where we are in minority, Mosque plays a Huge role in uniting muslims, Men, Women and Children. Even once a week gathering at Jumma prayer provides the constant reminder to muslim men and women who we are and how we live Islam. Believe me, it is not always easy to stick and remember your values especially when you are around so many evil temptaions.
Mosque also provides an excellent environment for our children to see Islam being practiced, meet and be friends with other muslim kids, and feel themselves a part of a muslim community rather than feeling isolated and confused in a forign society. This is only possible when we include women in our mosques as children tend to reside mostly with mothers.
If we want to save the faith of muslim generations in the west, we have to not only let women but also encourage them to come in the mosque.
I am sorry if i sounded giving a lecture here which are not my intentions. I only want to share what i strongly feel about this issue. I am witnessing such positive outcomes of women involvement in the mosques in the west, that i feel we should be very careful in making our decisions, and should look once again on all Sunnah and Hadith references. May we be wrong in our understanding.....of authenticity, or context.
May Allah guide us.
sisterinislam

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, May 31, 2006  -  7:08 AM Reply with quote
Assalamu alaykum
Dear sister sobi please do not be offended by what i am about to say but think hard about what you are saying you are asking for clarification from 2 of allahs most pious creations imam Bukhari and hazrat ayshia R.A the blessed wife of the prophet s.a.w The prophet mohammed s.a w has stated that the best place for women to pray is at home therefore if we are to follow the sunnah i beleive thats where we should pray for most reward, inshallah,did not the prophet have the best interests of his ummah at heart ? imam bukharis hadith are sahih meaning strong and are accepted as such by the whole of the muslim world and you are asking for clarification ? I am not saying that women cannot go to the mosque, on the contrary the hadith i initally quoted says that if they want to go do not stop them however i again add that if the prophet mohammed s.a.w says its best for you to pray at home then surly if we want to follow the sunnah which means sayings and actions of the our beloved prophet surly out of love for mohammed s.a.w thats what we should do. finally might i add that the community spirit of muslims does not and shold not be confined to the place of prayer and a community hall could quite easily be used for the such gatherings. a mosque is for paying devotions to allah not for discussions regarding the dunya.
sobi_05

USA
Posted - Friday, June 2, 2006  -  1:54 PM Reply with quote
Sorry for the delay sister.
You misunderstood me. i am saying that mistake could happen on our part about understanding of a Hadith.
Have you ever done literature exercises in school? Where you are given a paragraph or two from a story and ask you to explain it in the context? If you have read the full story, you would know what the characters are saying and what is happening in the paragraph and you'll get the full marks. But if you've not read the story, your interpretation would be based solely on that paragraph you've given and chances are that you might make mistake .
I am talking the same thing here. We should get the full knowledge of Quran and Hadith with context.
Umm-ul-Momineen Ayesha may Allah be pleased her is entitled to high respect. I cannot dare to ask clarification from her. Rather i am asking you and me and the readers to try to understand and get the full knowledge.
Bukhari certainly have the highest collection of hadiths. But even Bukhari has weak hadiths. And sometimes we make mistakes in understanding of even the sahih hadiths.
We are here to undertand and help each other to understand Quran and Sunnah. May Allah guide us.
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, June 5, 2006  -  6:41 PM Reply with quote
QUOTE: - Have you ever done literature exercises in school? Where you are given a paragraph or two from a story and ask you to explain it in the context? If you have read the full story, you would know what the characters are saying and what is happening in the paragraph and you'll get the full marks. But if you've not read the story, your interpretation would be based solely on that paragraph you've given and chances are that you might make mistake. I am talking the same thing here. We should get the full knowledge of Quran and Hadith with context.

I DISAGREE with you!!!

Please keep in mind your words; especially “what the characters are saying and what is happening in the paragraph” and “We should get the full knowledge of Quran and Hadith with context” and see the following.
Major portion of Holy Quran consists of stories of the past. If we follow after seeing the context of those stories then what is the concern of yours, others and mine with the talk between Prophet Musa (pbuh) and Phiron, between Prophet Yousuf (pbuh) and Zulaikha, between Prophet Nuh (pbuh) and his nation, between Prophet Loot (pbuh) and his nation, between Prophet Saleh (pbuh) and his nation etc etc……… thousands of years ago?

Similarly if we follow after seeing the context of Ahadith then what is the concern of yours, others and mine with the talk of the Prophet (peace be upon him) to Aisha(Ra), Abu Baker(Ra), Umar(Ra), Usman(Ra), Ali(Ra) and others companions(Ra) and the battles etc etc……..about 1427 years ago?

According to your thinking, if we see the context then follow, most of the Holy Quran and Ahadith do not seem to be applicable to us but the people of the PAST ONLY. What do you now say for the Muslims of today who are neither the characters of Holy Quran nor those of Ahadith?

Edited by: Loveall on Monday, June 05, 2006 6:49 PM
sisterinislam

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, June 12, 2006  -  11:49 AM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaykum
dear sister i am afraid your last post may have been written without thought.
If we ask for context of everything in the holy quran and hadith we would non of us be muslims Allah s.w.t. has given many orders and decrees without reason or context as has the prophet mohammed s.a.w. and as muslims we have to follow these orders without question the first one that comes to mind is the prohibition of pork no where in the holy quran or sunnah to my knowledge does it give any reason for its being forbidden we, as in the ummah of today have given what we think are the reasons but we do not know from quran or hadith why.
The letters at the beginning of some surahs Alif Laam Meem, of quran we do not know the meaning of so if we go according to what you are saying why should we recite them.
Also lets just say you are right in your theory this still does not answer the question of going against the sunnah of the prophet mohammed s.a.w when he says the best place for women to pray is in the home, in what context do we take that.
May Allah guide us all on the straight path Allah surly knows best

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Next page >>
Page 3 of 7

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker