Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
ahmetcelik

GERMANY
Topic initiated on Thursday, October 13, 2005  -  3:00 PM Reply with quote
Evolutıon????

I’m asking for a brief answer; can you build a building without ground floor? you cannot. how can you build a theory without explaining the origin of first living organism? Give me a logical answer.
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, October 21, 2005  -  5:31 PM Reply with quote

Salamz

ive heard that evolution is a very self destructive idea.

if we change the DNA of any creature on earth, it will either mutate or it will die.

im only very slightly knowledged on this aspect of science but isnt it said that evolution takes place because the DNA structure inside the creature changes or something?

please correct me if im wrong and im not sure if that answered your question so sorry...heh...

Wassalam
.xXx.
Bas
.xXx.
oosman

USA
Posted - Saturday, October 22, 2005  -  12:48 AM Reply with quote
I do not know much about the theory of evolution so I cannot comment if it is true or false. However I have read one part of the theory, the part of natural selection. It can be summarized as the survival of the fittest. For e.g. take giraffes. May be long time ago there were only short giraffes mostly. Just like there are short and tall people, there can be short and tall giraffes. Then the vegetation reduced and only leaves on tall trees were left (perhaps due to fire or some natural disaster). So the tall giraffes were able to eat them and the short one's went hungry and gradually reduced in number. Now there are more tall giraffes than short ones. When two tall giraffes mate, it is more likely their children will be tall like them. Same thing happens in humans and mammals, if two fat cows are bred, the calves will be fat. This is how the farmers increase the meat they get from cows. Anyway, so there were more and more tall giraffes in the coming generations. As the giraffes multiplied and spread across the continent, they were mostly tall ones. Finally there were no short giraffes. So today what we have is all giraffes are tall. So they say 'the giraffes evolved into tall animals'.

Edited by: oosman on Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:49 AM
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, October 22, 2005  -  11:52 AM Reply with quote
Salamz oosman

thats interesting, perhaps that part of evolution is true, but can you use the same words to justify how humans grew out of primates?

what scientists are trying to DO with the theory of evolution is cancel out God and use Darwin's theories as a way to prove that he doesnt exist

i would never support a theory like that in a million years :P

.xXx.
Wassalam
.xXx.
oosman

USA
Posted - Saturday, October 22, 2005  -  2:58 PM Reply with quote
Walaikum salam,

I do not say I believe in theory of evolution, also I do not say I disbelieve in it. I simply say I do not know. That is what you should say also because you do not know.

Allah (swt) says:

O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done. (49.6)

Since Allah asked us to verify the theory of evolution that the atheists bring up; and we have failed to fulfill Allah's command; we cannot say it is true or false. We have to study this theory first and either verify it or disprove it scientifically. That is inline with Allah's commands.

As for why you cannot believe men evolved from apes, think of it the other way. Allah says:

So when they took pride in that which they had been forbidden, We said unto them: Be ye apes despised and loathed! (7.166)

If Allah can convert men into apes, then He can certainly convert apes into men too. Allah (swt) can do what He wills, and no one has a say in it. He is the Master of His Will.
aijaz47

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, October 22, 2005  -  7:54 PM Reply with quote
It is very strage that of all the animal living in the universe only the giraffes grew a longer neck to reach to the upper branches of the trees. Shall weassume that then all the other vegetarians with the shorter necks or who were unlucky enough to get a longer neck, disappeared?
This theory is not logical.

Ijaz
oosman

USA
Posted - Sunday, October 23, 2005  -  2:04 PM Reply with quote
Mr Aijaz, I was just giving one of many examples. It is a hypothetical example of what the evolutionists say! You should study the theory first, buy a book or go on the Internet and study it, before talking about it. As I said before Muslims have a duty to study the claim of the evolutionists before we can say anything on the matter.

Edited by: oosman on Sunday, October 23, 2005 2:07 PM
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, October 25, 2005  -  4:45 PM Reply with quote
Salamz
oosman, this post is in reply to what you said about
quote:

As for why you cannot believe men evolved from apes, think of it the other way. Allah says:

So when they took pride in that which they had been forbidden, We said unto them: Be ye apes despised and loathed! (7.166)

it is said that those who are truely wise will recognise a metaphor when they see one, and im making a guess, but could this be a metaphor for something else?

Ya Allah forgive me if im wrong but perhaps it is. apes are creatures alike to humans but they lack intellegence and common logic. perhaps Allah said, be ye apes, meaning 'be ye unintelligable creatures'

its just a thought so please dont get angry at me >_< im only little and i dont know much hehe

Wassalam
.xXx.
bas
.xXx.
oosman

USA
Posted - Tuesday, October 25, 2005  -  8:03 PM Reply with quote
The word used in the Quran is 'monkeys' (2.65). In arabic it says 'qiradah'. I just checked its meaning in arabic dictionary, it means monkey.
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, October 27, 2005  -  3:37 PM Reply with quote
Salam

yes i know but what i mean is that the monkey, as a creature, is unintelligent (sp?) and whatever so maybe when Allah said, be ye monkeys, he ment be ye unintelligent creatures

i feel like im just repeating myself but am i getting my point across to you, brother? sorry if im not :S

Wassalam
.xXx.
Bas
.xXx.
mpowel13

USA
Posted - Thursday, October 27, 2005  -  9:27 PM Reply with quote
To start, let me add a disclaimer that I am Christian and am only a student of Islam.
Next, may all forgive me for my ignorance, but can't the arious verses in the Qur 'an that speak of days in creation refer to time periods as well? So it would seem in the Qur 'an, Allah allows for the possibility of millions of years of evolution.
Just a quick reference to the bible, in the first chapter of Gensis, the original Hebrew used for day (yom) can only be intrepreted as a 24-hour day. Those that try to say otherwise, from a biblical viewpoint, are mistaken.
To sum up, the Qur 'an seems to allow for periods of time longer than days, while the language of the bible only allow for a literal, 24-hour time period.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, October 29, 2005  -  7:45 AM Reply with quote
Al-Quran

Say: Is it that ye deny Him Who created the earth in two Days? And do ye join equals with Him? He is the Lord of (all) the Worlds.
10 He set on the (earth), mountains standing firm, high above it, and bestowed blessings on the earth, and measure therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in four Days, in accordance with (the needs of) those who seek (Sustenance). (41:9-10)
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, October 31, 2005  -  9:34 PM Reply with quote

quote:

To start, let me add a disclaimer that I am Christian and am only a student of Islam.
Next, may all forgive me for my ignorance, but can't the arious verses in the Qur 'an that speak of days in creation refer to time periods as well? So it would seem in the Qur 'an, Allah allows for the possibility of millions of years of evolution.
Just a quick reference to the bible, in the first chapter of Gensis, the original Hebrew used for day (yom) can only be intrepreted as a 24-hour day. Those that try to say otherwise, from a biblical viewpoint, are mistaken.
To sum up, the Qur 'an seems to allow for periods of time longer than days, while the language of the bible only allow for a literal, 24-hour time period.

*blinks* *stares* 0_0

im sorry no matter how i look at it it doesnt make sense. my fragile mind is too weak for complex issues!!

...maybe i shouldnt have joined this forum...hehe...

please care to explain ^_^

Thankyou

.xXx.
Wassalam
.xXx.
mpowel13

USA
Posted - Tuesday, November 1, 2005  -  1:49 AM Reply with quote
I was only drawing comparisons between the biblical account of creation and the varying accounts in the Qur 'an.
oosman

USA
Posted - Tuesday, November 1, 2005  -  1:38 PM Reply with quote
I think the word 'days' in Arabic does mean a period of time and not necessarily the same as human day. In other places in the Quran, Allah says.

...Verily a Day in the sight of thy Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning. 22.47

He rules (all) affairs from the heavens to the earth: in the end will (all affairs) go up to Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be (as) a thousand years of your reckoning 32.5

(Whereby) the angels and the Spirit ascend unto Him in a Day whereof the span is fifty thousand years. 70.4

So from these verses it gets clear that the word 'day' is used to refer to some extended period of time. It can be 1000 years, or 50,000 years, or perhaps some other number in human time.

And God knows best.
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 4, 2005  -  1:19 AM Reply with quote
XXX Wassalam XXX

Please care …………..
as these letters- XXX are often used for some SEX movies- Single X, double X and triple X.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker