1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
SananK

USA
Topic initiated on Tuesday, July 19, 2005  -  3:58 PM Reply with quote
Don't know if I am doing something right or wrong?

Confusion

Assalamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters. This topic has gotten me under great confusion.

I am a male 23 years of age and have been living in usa all my life. So I grew up around western society and interactions between the opposite sex. The thing I don't get is. There are lines from the Quran / Hadith that forbid this? Or is it if someone believes in those lines they are known as a salafi as I have been told. I did have interaction as a kid growing up but then came time i started to block off contact with the opposite gender that was not a mehram to me completely. As it is written, lower your gaze and you can't even talk to your own cousin as I have read. But today's society is so based on interacting with the opposite it has gotten me confused. Some imams will say it is ok and allow it? Some will say no it is not allowed. Some will say it is ok to do certain things and some will say it is not ok? Some people will categorize you into different categories? Shafi, Hanafi, Salafi, Liberal, Moderate, Traditional. It can totally confuse someone. Where are those categories/groups written in our religion? I thought we are suppose to follow what is written in the Quran and Hadith but seems like nowadays we got so much stuff goin on we start categorizing Muslims and having different beliefs as to what is right and what is wrong? Where are all these categories coming from? They are not in the Quran, your either a nonbeliever or Hypocrite or a Muslim (believer) when it comes down to beleiving Islam, so where are these other categories originating from? When something is forbidden in the religion, such as gender interaction? Why is it even ok "NOWADAYS", when it really wasn't in the past. Why are we categorized nowadays in categories when categories like this didn't exist in the "PAST". Why are some people trying to add additions and rulings to Islam and allowing certain things when it is "FORBIDDEN" in Islam. Why is something "FORBIDDEN" stretched to be allowable today in Islam. Why are some people saying no one said Islam was an easy religion? when I have been told Islam is easy, not hard.

I myself have talked to the opposite but I cut them off in fear I am doing something wrong? Some brothers will tell me I am being too overboard and try to bring down my faith as if I am doing something terribly wrong and say it's allowed, don't you hear some imams? I do hear some Imams say its ok but then again, I don't believe in an all Imams, I am trying to follow what is written in the Quran and Hadith not another man, because he is no prophet, the last Prophet was Prophet Muhammad (saw). Some Imams that give advice through their personal opinion or based on society is something I will not follow. As long as it is the advice that is based from the Quran and Hadith then it is believable. And I am seeing how some Imams might cause misguidance. This confusion inside me is just confusing me.

I see Brother's/Sisters at conferences and other groups interacting and then "hooking" each other up and in most cases the hook up doesnt even work well or reach marriage? I see them getting to know each other so well that they chill and have starbucks afterwerds? And I ask them is it ok/allowed? I am then told that if your out in a public place where everyone can watch you and it's not behind closed doors, you can go out with the opposite freely. I thought no matter what a Mehram had to be there and that was only allowed in the purpose of marriage. When I asked a brother are we allowed to do this,he said how are we allowed to find our soul mate? Is this western concept of boy / girl relationship hitting our religion? Is it ok? I thought we couldn't and we had to restrict ourselves from the opposite sex to prevent certain things from happening? TO find someone is it necessary to do this? Or to do it in a Halal manner by having a Mehram present no matter what when it came to gender interaction. I have been around a lot of gender interaction when I was young, going to lectures, going to diners, but then I started to think to myself? Are people trying to change the values of Islam? Because I have to answer for what I have done one day? And now even some Imams are saying it might be ok while some are saying it isnt? I don't know what to do. It has gotten me kind of confused and I would like the right advice and what is written in the Quran / Hadith regarding all of this.
Today things exist that didn't exist before, but that doesn't mean to modify the belief to set it to society and how it is today right? That would be a modification to belief. Because ISLAM is an unchanged unedited religion as I have been told. So why are some people adding things and changing it nowadays. Society how and why is it influencing it so much. Why are people saying it hasn't changed when really people all around are trying to add/edit it through their point of views and not what is written. It hurts me and causes me great confusion.
If anyone can help me out here that would be great. Jazakhallah

Assalamu Alaikum

Edited by: sanank on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 1:36 AM
addikt

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, July 20, 2005  -  1:00 AM Reply with quote
I have had this same question in mind for a loooong time :) insha-Allah we will get an answer that is based on Quran and Sunnah.
SananK

USA
Posted - Wednesday, July 20, 2005  -  2:48 AM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaikum, yes most of us do have the same question in mind and insha-Allah we will get an answer based on Quran and Sunnah alone and not any other personal mixed "VIEW" based on a category. :)

Edited by: sanank on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 2:50 AM
Roswell

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, July 20, 2005  -  8:22 AM Reply with quote
Salaam,

Posted by SananK
"I am a male 23 years of age and have been living in usa all my life. So I grew up around western society and interactions between the opposite sex. The thing I don't get is. There are lines from the Quran / Hadith that forbid this? Or is it if someone believes in those lines they are known as a salafi as I have been told. I did have interaction as a kid growing up but then came time i started to block off contact with the opposite gender that was not a mehram to
me completely. As it is written, lower your gaze and you can't even talk to your own cousin as I have read. But today's society is so based
on interacting with the opposite it has gotten me
confused."

Islam prescribes a socio moral standard in which men and women are responsibile for their actions and intentions. Islam also promotes
the healthy enviroment through which a strong family would develope for a better social atmosphere. This is such importance in our religion that Islamic Shariah has prescribed certain limits that one should have a sense of modesty and sincerity in any kind of relationship and to minimize the potential moral and spiritual dangers involved in one to one relationship.
Now there are two kinds of relationship that you
may question about. One is platonic type and the one you are askin' here vut before I go on, lets have a look at the following verse of the Qur'an.
Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity
for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do. And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard
their modesty. (Al-Noor 24: 30 - 31)

Now it should be clear that the above verse is referring the platonic relationship between men and women that should be avoided. This is the
general rule when interacting with Na-Mahram as you would say. There is no such thing in the Qur'an that you can not even talk to your
co-workers and vasity peers etc. Becuase they are the acquaintances which is sure, not that type of relatinoship which is prohibbited. Therefore, God has commanded us to keep the modesty and restraining the bad eyesby means of lust.

Posted by SananK
"When something is forbidden in the religion, such as gender interaction? Why is it even ok "NOWADAYS",
when it really wasn't in the past. Why are we categorized nowadays in categories when categories like this didn't exist in the "PAST". Why are some people trying to add additions and rulings to Islam and allowing certain things when it is "FORBIDDEN" in Islam. Why is
something "FORBIDDEN" stretched to be allowable today in Islam."

Now it should be clear that why exactly this interaction is forbidden. Yes only platonic relationship is forbidden and it's not about the matter of past and present but the interpretation.
Prophet (pbuh) is reported to have directed Muslim men and women to avoid staying alone with their unrelated counterparts. That means that appropriate interaction is always be there. Hazrat Ayesha(ra) used to teach Sahaba etc.

Posted by SananK
"I myself have talked to the opposite but I cut them off in fear I am doing something wrong?"

It's upto you. if you think you can't help interacting your pals at school then you should
take care of those above directives of the Shariah.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Roswell™
SananK

USA
Posted - Wednesday, July 20, 2005  -  10:43 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Assalamu Alaikum, thank you for replying.
---------------------------------
your answer:
Islam prescribes a socio moral standard in which men and women are responsibile for their actions and intentions. Islam also promotes
the healthy enviroment through which a strong family would develope for a better social atmosphere. This is such importance in our religion that Islamic Shariah has prescribed certain limits that one should have a sense of modesty and sincerity in any kind of relationship and to minimize the potential moral and spiritual dangers involved in one to one relationship.
Now there are two kinds of relationship that you
may question about. One is platonic type and the one you are askin' here vut before I go on, lets have a look at the following verse of the Qur'an.

Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity
for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do. And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard
their modesty. (Al-Noor 24: 30 - 31)

Now it should be clear that the above verse is referring the platonic relationship between men and women that should be avoided. This is the
general rule when interacting with Na-Mahram as you would say. There is no such thing in the Qur'an that you can not even talk to your
co-workers and vasity peers etc. Becuase they are the acquaintances which is sure, not that type of relatinoship which is prohibbited. Therefore, God has commanded us to keep the modesty and restraining the bad eyesby means of lust.
---------------------------
MY QUESTION:
OK SO IN A SITUATION WHERE YOU HAVE CO WORKERS IT IS ALLOWED?
SO IN A WORKING ENVIRONMENT I CAN TALK TO ALL THE FEMALES I WANT TO? AND THEN WHEN I AM AT HOME, I CAN'T? SINCE AT HOME I DON'T HAVE MY CO WORKERS AROUND? CAN I CALL THEM ON THE PHONE SINCE I TALK TO THEM AT WORK TOO? JUST FOR WORK? BUT THEN TOPIC GOES OFFGAURD AND YOU CAN START TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE?
SO IN THE QURAN IT DEFINES THE DIFFERENT TYPE OF RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN MAND AND WOMEN? PLATONIC OR ETC? AND IT IS MODIFIED HOW YOU WOULD ACT DEPENDING ON THE RELATIONSHIP? DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION IS HOW YOUR SUPPOSE TO ACT? MUSLIM CO-ED GROUPS? ANY INFO ON THAT?
---------------------------------

your answer:
Now it should be clear that why exactly this interaction is forbidden. Yes only platonic relationship is forbidden and it's not about the matter of past and present but the interpretation.
Prophet (pbuh) is reported to have directed Muslim men and women to avoid staying alone with their unrelated counterparts. That means that appropriate interaction is always be there. Hazrat Ayesha(ra) used to teach Sahaba etc.
----------------------------------
MY QUESTION:

"Yes only platonic relationship is forbidden and it's not about the matter of past and present but the interpretation."

SO ONLY A PLATONIC RELATIONSHIP IS not ALLOWED AND ITS NOT THE MATTER OF PAST AND PRESENT BUT INTERPRETATION, IS THIS THE CORRECT INTERPRETATION? IS THERE MORE INFORMATION ON THAT, IS IT WRITTEN ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE QURAN, ANYTHING MORE REGARDING THIS TOPIC?

HAZRAT AYESHA (RA) USE TO TEACH SAHABA, ISN'T THAT ANOTHER SITUATION THOUGH? TEACHING? SHE WAS MARRIED AT THE TIME RIGHT?
---------------------------

your answer:
It's upto you. if you think you can't help interacting your pals at school then you should
take care of those above directives of the Shariah.
--------------------------------------
MY QUESTION:
WELL WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY PAL (FEMALE PAL) GIRLFRIENDS? OR MALE FRIENDS? WHAT KIND OF RELATIONSHIP WOULD IT BE IF I WAS AT A CONFERENCE WITH MY MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS IF PEOPLE WERE HOOKING EACH OTHER UP? WHAT KIND OF RELATIONSHIP WOULD IT BE IF I WENT WITH A MUSLIM SISTER TO STARBUCKS OR A RESTAURANT. WHAT KIND OF RELATIONSHIP DO MAJORITY OF US HAVE NOWADAYS BASED ON WHAT IS ALLOWED AND WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED? IF IT IS WRITTEN TO LOWER OUR GAZE, THEN CAN THERE BE A LENIENT WRITING THAT CAN ALLOW ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP ON THE SIDE. IF SOMETHING IS NOT ALLOWED THEN THERE CAN BE A PART OF IT ALLOWED? IS IT THE ACCURATE ANSWER THAT I CAN GO UPON AND ACT UPON? "It's upto you if you think you can't help interacting your pals at school " ITS UPTO ANYONE TO DO AS THEY PLEASE BUT WHAT DOES ISLAM HAVE SET ASIDE FOR THIS. NOT ANY SCHOOL OF THOUGHT BUT THE QURAN AND SUNNAH. I MEAN WE CAN ALL INTERACT BUT IT USUALLY LEADS TO SOMETHING ELSE. THERE IS NO HUMAN RIGHT NOW THAT CAN RESIST AND CONTROL EVERYTHING AND THAT IS HUMAN NATURE, I KNOW I HAVE HAD TROUBLES WITH IT AT TIMES. SO IF I HAVE ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP WITH MY CO WORKERS OR SCHOOL MATES AND ALL OF A SUDDEN "SOMETHING ELSE OCCURS INSIDE OUR HEARTS" DUE TO THE TYPE OF RELATIONSHIP WE HAVE, THEN WHAT? THAT IS WHY I HAVE THESE QUESTIONS. WHAT IS THE CORRECT ANSWER THAT I SHOULD TAKE, RATHER THEN TAKE A RISK OF BEING WRONG. I HAVE HEARD OF MIXED ANSWERS BASED ON THIS TOPIC AND I THINK THERE ARE MORE REFERENCES IN THE QURAN THAT DEFINE THIS TOPIC NOT JUST THOSE. BUT JAZAKALLAH. THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING TO THIS TOPIC ROSWELL.

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM
sobi_05

USA
Posted - Wednesday, July 20, 2005  -  4:49 PM Reply with quote
Brother,you do look very confused. Since you have already got many mixed views on this subject, and still are confused, i would suggest you to study Quran yourself especially, "sura-Nur". Also try to take the course "Norms of gender interaction" offered here on this website.
Take your time thinking about your situation and relating it to Quran. Take each ayat especially sura Nur 27-31, and than ask question from your self and try to find answer in the light of Quran.
Islam teaches self control and all muslims practice this self control for a full month( Ramadan) each year. They can see, harvest, cook and serve the food but they cannot eat it. Their throats are dry and they do wudu and wash mouths, no one can see them but they don't let water wet their throats. Thats the kind of self control Islam teaches. Same is true with gender interaction. Same self control Quran is talking about in sura-Nur. You just have to analyze your situation in the light of Quran.
SananK

USA
Posted - Wednesday, July 20, 2005  -  6:48 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaikum, yes I know I seem confused but my goal is to find the right path and to follow in accordance to Islam. But your right mixed messages can confuse someone. I have to decide on how to fight this feeling on confusion. I am trying to study and understand but I get mixed messages from what I read and some people tell me? Some people say things as their opinion, even some respected people in the community. I mean I am just trying to learn and be a better Muslim inshAllah. And that's another thing, some things we restrict while in Ramadan right, but then when Ramadan is over some of us do not even restrict those things? It's a holy month is that the only reason why and after the month is over we can go back to the same old? See I am just trying to learn. I know a few of my guy friends that will give up phone calls to girls or for their girls vice versa for Ramadan and then continue once the month is over? I mean I am not trying to be stupid or something by asking questions because sometimes asking questions helps us learn. Whatever the religion of Islam has set for me I will try to follow to the best of my ability inshAllah. I really fear and panic if I am doing something wrong that's the thing. As I look back I have done many things wrong as I am no innocent guy in my opinion, and I do not think I am better then anyone else at all because I am not, and I want to put and end to it somehow from me doing more wrong. I am scared. Day of Judgement will come. Everyday goes by I think did I do bad deeds today or good deeds because it haunts me now not like it did before. Is this how I am suppose to feel or am I some lost
case like some have told me. Few brothers that know me say to me you are lost and give me the feeling like i am some alien that does not belong here and it gets to me obviously and some are like your thinking strong and that is their opinion. I am just trying to better myself that is all. I will study Sura Nur and do that now and try to focus inshAllah. Thank you for your help. Jazakhallah

Assalamu Alaikum
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, July 21, 2005  -  8:29 AM Reply with quote
Dear Brother in Islam

Me TOO will request you that 1st of All PLZ go through OUR course "Norms of gender interaction" offered here on this website.

I do hope it'll REMOVE most of your CONFUSIONS.
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, July 21, 2005  -  3:47 PM Reply with quote
With The Name of ALLAH, The Infinitely Merciful, The Ever Merciful.
Assalam-u-allaikum !
We are Muslims and just Muslims. There is no room for sectarianism in Islam.
Even hidden sectarianism (see my forum "Muslim unity" for brief definitions on obvious sectarianism and hidden sectarianism. )
Also no scholar, group, school of thought today can claim that each and every conclusion about religious rulings that he or she has achieved are better than each and every conclusion by others because nobody's perfect. We must compare the findings of different scholars and judge them according to "the Qur'an" and The "Authentic Hadith" . That's why I use more than 5 Islamic web sites as reference and also check out new web sites instead of following each and every idea of 1 web site (my “Islamic web sites to visit forum” ) Some web site is excellent at 1 conclusion while not so good at some other etc...
But the Qur’an contains clear judgements and if the Qur’an forbids something, it should be left. I don’t see much interpretation problems in clear judgements. But “the Qur’an and The Sunnah Forum” has gone out of control and it has many posts and still no one is willing to come to a common conclusion. I have also been seeing that an Honest Muslim sincerely wants to find out what does Taqwa mean and what does attainment of Taqwa mean and no satisfactory answer has been given. Only a single reply has been given which just gives quotations. If there are any learned scholars and experts viewing this forum, why aren’t they giving answer to this question of Taqwa. (I will InshaALLAH soon put up my partial/incomplete research on Taqwa if no satisfactory reply to Taqwa is received )
Any way here is my article from “(part1 of ) The war of ideas within the Muslim world”
Evidence is the key. You demand evidence. The stronger the evidence, the more sound that opinion. (part 2 also written, part 3 to be finalized InshaALLAH after the Muslim Unity Convention )

With The Name of ALLAH, The Infinitely Merciful, The Ever Merciful
Assalam-o-allaikum!
I invite you all to support me in the war of concepts within the Islamic world. All Muslims must be united, no sects not even sunni and shia sects because we are Muslims and just Muslims.

Part 1 of struggle within Muslims ( Evidence)
To free Islam from the bid'at and innovations in religion and to free it from sects:
The method is to demand evidence , what is evidence? See below:
........Say, ‘Produce your evidence if you are telling the truth.’ (2:111)
evidence is :
• an ayat from the Qur'an
• an authentic hadees ( Whoever obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allah..... (4:80) ) (peace be upon him)
• a Sunnat (way) of the Prophet(peace be upon him) (You have an excellent model in the Messenger of Allah....(33:21) )
(peace, Blessings and Mercy be upon him)
So we have to tell all the Muslims to use and demand evidence (above 3 categories of evidence) when listening, reading, writing or speaking about Islamic concepts,laws and principles etc.....
(Now you Muslim preachers will have to make an extra effort but it is compulsary you will have to give the exact hadis number from the exact chapter number from the exact book number etc..... )

If you want to use fiqh or ijtihad on some issue done by some scholar you will have to bring the Ayat or the Hadis on which the fiqh is based and compare it and must verify that is within the limits of the Qur'an and the Sunnah, the fiqh should not make anything that is halal (allowed) or ignored according to The Qur'an and The Sunnah as haram (not allowed) (ignored: You who believe! Do not ask about matters which, if they were made known to you, would make things difficult for you. If you do ask about them when the Qur’an is being sent down, they will be made known to you. Allah has ignored them. Allah is Ever-Forgiving, All-Forbearing. (5:101)) , and the fiqh should not make anything that is haram (not allowed) according to the Qur'an and The Sunnah as halal (allowed). Islam is complete so no fiqh can be made a part of Islam. You can say it is an implementation and applications of the rules already given in the Qur'an and The Sunnah. Not a single word can be made as a part of Islam because Islam is complete.
So you can check the fiqh done by various scholars based on the Ayat and the Hadis they are based on and can choose the one closest to the Ayat or the Hadees,but again it is not at all required (see the hadith below), as long as you stay within the limits set by the Qur'an and The Sunnah.

Sahih Bukhari:Volumn 009, Book 092, Hadith Number 382.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By 'Abdullah : The best talk (speech) is Allah's Book 'Quran), and the best way is the way of Muhammad (peace, Blessings and Mercy be upon him), and the worst matters are the heresies (those new things which are introduced into the religion); and whatever you have been promised will surely come to pass, and you cannot escape (it).
(Hadis efficiently searched using free hadith software available at www.islamasoft.co.uk)
You who believe! Do not ask about matters which, if they were made known to you, would make things difficult for you. If you do ask about them when the Qur’an is being sent down, they will be made known to you. Allah has ignored them. Allah is Ever-Forgiving, All-Forbearing. (5:101)
Hold fast to the rope of Allah ( i.e. The Qur'an) all together, and do not separate. Remember Allah’s blessing to you when you were enemies and He joined your hearts together so that you became brothers by His blessing. You were on the very brink of a pit of the Fire and He rescued you from it. In this way Allah makes His Signs clear to you, so that hopefully you will be guided. (3:103)
All translations from the Qur'an are from
The Noble Qur'an: a New Rendering of its Meaning in English
by Hajj Abdalhaqq and Aisha Bewley, published by Bookwork, Norwich, UK. 1420 CE/1999 AH.
SananK

USA
Posted - Friday, July 22, 2005  -  2:21 AM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaikum brother, that was an impressive reply. I hope a Scholar or Imam would give an answer soon inshAllah. For I do not have enough knowledge yet, especially on this topic.
Jazakhallah
Assalamu Alaikum
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, July 22, 2005  -  3:37 PM Reply with quote
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

GOD SAYS:

· And We have enjoined on man goodness to his parents, and if they contend with you that you should associate (others) with Me, of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them. (29: 8) and (46: 15).

· And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him, and goodness to your parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, say not to them (so much as) "Ugh" nor chide them, and speak to them a generous word. And make yourself submissively gentle to them with compassion, and say: O my Lord! Have compassion on them, as they brought me up (when I was) little. (17: 23, 24).

Regarding the subject of this forum, in addition to the Quranic verse 24: 31, in the light of the above mentioned verses, we (both men and women) are commanded to do good and obey our parents EXCEPT when they ask for the Shirk (Polytheism) superadded by the verse 4: 34 for the married women and 4: 59 for those who work under some authority. It must be remembered that in authority are not only those who are in the Govt or the kingdom but everyone to one’s subordinates is an authority whether it is an office, school or a hospital etc.
SananK

USA
Posted - Friday, July 22, 2005  -  6:48 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaikum Loveall, I can see the Quranic references you have given and understand and agree with what you are saying. But most people will have a differing view to them from their own school of thought and opinion. Most people say that school's of thought differ only by 20% as said in some lectures and conferences. 20% is still a lot for a religion that is suppose to be unchanged. Schools of thought and their topics back then were quite different for some of the issues we have today. They grasp a different perspective and theory as to how to believe in each case. Some topics are agreed upon while others we completely disagree with. Has the religion come to a standard of believing and agreeing with the opinion and thought of an imam/school as to what he thinks is acceptable?
For instance, if you have tons of young Muslims in USA and then you have young Muslims in the middle east or another Muslim country not so much involved with different cultures/religions and majority of the people are Muslim. Could the the point of view of a Muslim in a "modern" country implement how strict a religion could be rather in a majority dominant Muslim country where that form of strictness would not be considered really strict but a way of life to live in the accordance of Islam? Some young people that live in a country such as USA would want religion to fit in with their surrounding (society), and if it isn't sounding like it is, they consider it to be very strict, even with some Muslims in some countries in Europe same thing. And this form of thought is given in some lectures, and how those people who are considered to be strict with themselves to be categorized as Salafi's because their belief is too strict. But the matter of strictness depends on what you have been exposed to. If you have been exposed to boy/girl relationships yourself, then most would want people to agree with them and scholars/imam's give them references with what they believe in. Whereas, a dominant Muslim country where everything is regulated due to religion, it will be hard finding people that would agree with it being accepted. Know what I mean?
Thanks for the post.
Jazakhallah
Assalamu Alaikum
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 23, 2005  -  1:32 AM Reply with quote
Thank you But
What you have in your mind already, I do not think, any one will agree islamically.
SananK

USA
Posted - Saturday, July 23, 2005  -  1:40 AM Reply with quote
"Loveall Posted - Thank you But
What you have in your mind already, I do not think, any one will agree islamically."

Assalamu Alaikum, it's not what I have in my mind already, its about 2 differing situations that can cause confusion. What things you think everyone will not agree islamically with? If I can think of it like this, I am sure many other Muslims can raise a question like this as well. So there will be things agreed upon and disagreed upon. However, I have been raised in a western country and gone to schools during this day an age. High school and University, and from experiences shown and I have gone through, as well as a lot of my friends, questions were raised. This is for the better for our young Muslims. No one is perfect. The way we teach certain things can make a big difference in the lives of young Muslims as well as for our future generations.
Thank you for the reply.
Jazakhallah

Assalamu Alaikum

Edited by: sanank on Saturday, July 23, 2005 1:44 AM
Puppy

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, July 23, 2005  -  8:38 AM Reply with quote
Salamolaikom,

I have been living in UK since my birth. I agree with loveall. My family members have also the same school of thought. I have no problem in my life because I always obey my parents.
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 23, 2005  -  8:46 AM Reply with quote
The Cow
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
[2.1] Alif Lam Mim.
[2.2] This Book, there is no doubt in it, is a guide to
those who guard (against evil).
[2.3] Those who believe in the unseen and keep up prayer
and spend out of what We have given them.
[2.4] And who believe in that which has been revealed to
you and that which was revealed before you and they are
sure of the hereafter.
[2.5] These are on a right course from their Lord and these
it is that shall be successful.
[2.6] Surely those who disbelieve, it being alike to them
whether you warn them, or do not warn them, will not
believe.
[2.7] Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their
hearing and there is a covering over their eyes, and there
is a great punishment for them.
[2.8] And there are some people who say: We believe in
Allah and the last day; and they are not at all believers.
[2.9] They desire to deceive Allah and those who believe,
and they deceive only themselves and they do not perceive.
[2.10] There is a disease in their hearts, so Allah added
to their disease and they shall have a painful chastisement
because they lied.
[2.11] And when it is said to them, Do not make mischief in
the land, they say: We are but peace-makers.
[2.12] Now surely they themselves are the mischief makers,
but they do not perceive.
[2.13] And when it is said to them: Believe as the people
believe they say: Shall we believe as the fools believe?
Now surely they themselves are the fools,
but they do not know.
[2.14] And when they meet those who believe, they say: We
believe; and when they are alone with their Shaitans, they
say: Surely we are with you, we were only
mocking.
[2.15] Allah shall pay them back their mockery, and He
leaves them alone in their inordinacy, blindly wandering
on.
[2.16] These are they who buy error for the right
direction, so their bargain shall bring no gain, nor are
they the followers of the right direction.
[2.17] Their parable is like the parable of one who kindled
a fire but when it had illumined all around him, Allah took
away their light, and left them in utter darkness-- they do
not see.
[2.18] Deaf, dumb (and) blind, so they will not turn back.
[2.19] Or like abundant rain from the cloud in which is
utter darkness and thunder and lightning; they put their
fingers into their ears because of the thunder peal, for
fear of death, and Allah encompasses the unbelievers.
[2.20] The lightning almost takes away their sight;
whenever it shines on them they walk in it, and when it
becomes dark to them they stand still; and if Allah
had pleased He would certainly have taken away their
hearing and their sight; surely Allah has power over all
things.
[2.21] O men! serve your Lord Who created you and those
before you so that you may guard (against evil).
[2.22] Who made the earth a resting place for you and the
heaven a canopy and (Who) sends down rain from the cloud
then brings forth with it subsistence for
you of the fruits; therefore do not set up rivals to Allah
while you know.
[2.23] And if you are in doubt as to that which We have
revealed to Our servant, then produce a chapter like it and
call on your witnesses besides Allah if you
are truthful.
[2.24] But if you do (it) not and never shall you do (it),
then be on your guard against the fire of which men and
stones are the fuel; it is prepared for the
unbelievers.
[2.25] And convey good news to those who believe and do
good deeds, that they shall have gardens in which rivers
flow; whenever they shall be given a portion
of the fruit thereof, they shall say: This is what was
given to us before; and they shall be given the like of it,
and they shall have pure mates in them, and
in them, they shall abide.
[2.26] Surely Allah is not ashamed to set forth any
parable-- (that of) a gnat or any thing above that; then as
for those who believe, they know that it is the
truth from their Lord, and as for those who disbelieve,
they say: What is it that Allah means by this parable: He
causes many to err by it and many He leads
aright by it! but He does not cause to err by it (any)
except the transgressors,
[2.27] Who break the covenant of Allah after its
confirmation and cut asunder what Allah has ordered to be
joined, and make mischief in the land; these it is
that are the losers.
[2.28] How do you deny Allah and you were dead and He gave
you life? Again He will cause you to die and again bring
you to life, then you shall be brought back to Him.
[2.29] He it is Who created for you all that is in the
earth, and He directed Himself to the heaven, so He made
them complete seven heavens, and He knows all
things.
[2.30] And when your Lord said to the angels, I am going to
place in the earth a khalif, they said: What! wilt Thou
place in it such as shall make mischief in it
and shed blood, and we celebrate Thy praise and extol Thy
holiness? He said: Surely I know what you do not know.
[2.31] And He taught Adam all the names, then presented
them to the angels; then He said: Tell me the names of
those if you are right.
[2.32] They said: Glory be to Thee! we have no knowledge
but that which Thou hast taught us; surely Thou art the
Knowing, the Wise.
[2.33] He said: O Adam! inform them of their names. Then
when he had informed them of their names, He said: Did I
not say to you that I surely know what is
ghaib in the heavens and the earth and (that) I know what
you manifest and what you hide?
[2.34] And when We said to the angels: Make obeisance to
Adam they did obeisance, but Iblis (did it not). He refused
and he was proud, and he was one of the unbelievers.
[2.35] And We said: O Adam! Dwell you and your wife in the
garden and eat from it a plenteous (food) wherever you wish
and do not approach this tree, for then
you will be of the unjust.
[2.36] But the Shaitan made them both fall from it, and
caused them to depart from that (state) in which they were;
and We said: Get forth, some of you being
the enemies of others, and there is for you in the earth an
abode and a provision for a time.
[2.37] Then Adam received (some) words from his Lord, so He
turned to him mercifully; surely He is Oft-returning (to
mercy), the Merciful.
[2.38] We said: Go forth from this (state) all; so surely
there will come to you a guidance from Me, then whoever
follows My guidance, no fear shall come upon
them, nor shall they grieve.
[2.39] And (as to) those who disbelieve in and reject My
communications, they are the inmates of the fire, in it
they shall abide.
[2.40] O children of Israel! call to mind My favor which I
bestowed on you and be faithful to (your) covenant with Me,
I will fulfill (My) covenant with you; and of Me, Me alone,
should you be afraid.
[2.41] And believe in what I have revealed, verifying that
which is with you, and be not the first to deny it, neither
take a mean price in exchange for My communications; and
Me, Me alone should you fear.
[2.42] And do not mix up the truth with the falsehood, nor
hide the truth while you know (it).
[2.43] And keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and bow
down with those who bow down.
[2.44] What! do you enjoin men to be good and neglect your
own souls while you read the Book; have you then no sense?
[2.45] And seek assistance through patience and prayer, and
most surely it is a hard thing except for the humble ones,
[2.46] Who know that they shall meet their Lord and that
they shall return to Him.
[2.47] O children of Israel! call to mind My favor which I
bestowed on you and that I made you excel the nations.
[2.48] And be on your guard against a day when one soul
shall not avail another in the least, neither shall
intercession on its behalf be accepted, nor shall
any compensation be taken from it, nor shall they be
helped.
[2.49] And when We delivered you from Firon's people, who
subjected you to severe torment, killing your sons and
sparing your women, and in this there was
a great trial from your Lord.
[2.50] And when We parted the sea for you, so We saved you
and drowned the followers of Firon and you watched by.
[2.51] And when We appointed a time of forty nights with
Musa, then you took the calf (for a god) after him and you
were unjust.
[2.52] Then We pardoned you after that so that you might
give thanks.
[2.53] And when We gave Musa the Book and the distinction
that you might walk aright.
[2.54] And when Musa said to his people: O my people! you
have surely been unjust to yourselves by taking the calf
(for a god), therefore turn to your Creator (penitently),
so kill your people, that is best for you with your
Creator: so He turned to you (mercifully), for surely He is
the Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful.
[2.55] And when you said: O Musa! we will not believe in
you until we see Allah manifestly, so the punishment
overtook you while you looked on.
[2.56] Then We raised you up after your death that you may
give thanks.
[2.57] And We made the clouds to give shade over you and We
sent to you manna and quails: Eat of the good things that
We have given you; and they did not do Us any harm, but
they made their own souls suffer the loss.
[2.58] And when We said: Enter this city, then eat from it
a plenteous (food) wherever you wish, and enter the gate
making obeisance, and say, forgiveness. We
will forgive you your wrongs and give more to those who do
good (to others).
[2.59] But those who were unjust changed it for a saying
other than that which had been spoken to them, so We sent
upon those who were unjust a pestilence from
heaven, because they transgressed.
[2.60] And when Musa prayed for drink for his people, We
said: Strike the rock with your staff So there gushed from
it twelve springs; each tribe knew its drinking place: Eat
and drink of the provisions of Allah and do not act
corruptly in the land, making mischief.
[2.61] And when you said: O Musa! we cannot bear with one
food, therefore pray Lord on our behalf to bring forth for
us out of what the earth grows, of its herbs and its
cucumbers and its garlic and its lentils and its onions. He
said: Will you exchange that which is better for that which
is worse? Enter a city, so you will have what you ask for.
And abasement and humiliation were brought down
upon them, and they became deserving of Allah's wrath; this
was so because they disbelieved in the communications of
Allah and killed the prophets unjustly;
this was so because they disobeyed and exceeded the limits.
[2.62] Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews,
and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in
Allah and the Last day and does good, they
shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no
fear for them, nor shall they grieve.
[2.63] And when We took a promise from you and lifted the
mountain over you: Take hold of the law (Tavrat) We have
given you with firmness and bear in mind
what is in it, so that you may guard (against evil).
[2.64] Then you turned back after that; so were it not for
the grace of Allah and His mercy on you, you would
certainly have been among the losers.
[2.65] And certainly you have known those among you who
exceeded the limits of the Sabbath, so We said to them: Be
(as) apes, despised and hated.
[2.66] So We made them an example to those who witnessed it
and those who came after it, and an admonition to those who
guard (against evil).
[2.67] And when Musa said to his people: Surely Allah
commands you that you should sacrifice a cow; they said: Do
you ridicule us? He said: I seek the protection of Allah
from being one of the ignorant.
[2.68] They said: Call on your Lord for our sake to make it
plain to us what she is. Musa said: He says, Surely she is
a cow neither advanced in age nor too young, of middle age
between that (and this); do therefore what you are
commanded.
[2.69] They said: Call on your Lord for our sake to make it
plain to us what her color is. Musa said: He says, Surely
she is a yellow cow; her color is intensely
yellow, giving delight to the beholders.
[2.70] They said: Call on your Lord for our sake to make it
plain to us what she is, for surely to us the cows are all
alike, and if Allah please we shall surely
be guided aright.
[2.71] Musa said: He says, Surely she is a cow not made
submissive that she should plough the land, nor does she
irrigate the tilth; sound, without a blemish in her. They
said: Now you have brought the truth; so they sacrificed
her, though they had not the mind to do (it).
[2.72] And when you killed a man, then you disagreed with
respect to that, and Allah was to bring forth that which
you were going to hide.
[2.73] So We said: Strike the (dead body) with part of the
(Sacrificed cow), thus Allah brings the dead to life, and
He shows you His signs so that you may understand.
[2.74] Then your hearts hardened after that, so that they
were like rocks, rather worse in hardness; and surely there
are some rocks from which streams burst forth, and surely
there are some of them which split asunder so water
issues out of them, and surely there are some of them which
fall down for fear of Allah, and Allah is not at all
heedless of what you do.
[2.75] Do you then hope that they would believe in you, and
a party from among them indeed used to hear the Word of
Allah, then altered it after they had understood it, and
they know (this).
[2.76] And when they meet those who believe they say: We
believe, and when they are alone one with another they say:
Do you talk to them of what Allah has disclosed to you that
they may contend with you by this before your Lord? Do you
not then understand?
[2.77] Do they not know that Allah knows what they keep
secret and what they make known?
[2.78] And there arc among them illiterates who know not
the Book but only lies, and they do but conjecture.
[2.79] Woe, then, to those who write the book with their
hands and then say: This is from Allah, so that they may
take for it a small price; therefore woe to
them for what their hands have written and woe to them for
what they earn.
[2.80] And they say: Fire shall not touch us but for a few
days. Say: Have you received a promise from Allah, then
Allah will not fail to perform His promise,
or do you speak against Allah what you do not know?
[2.81] Yeal whoever earns evil and his sins beset him on
every side, these are the inmates of the fire; in it they
shall abide.
[2.82] And (as for) those who believe and do good deeds,
these are the dwellers of the garden; in it they shall
abide.
[2.83] And when We made a covenant with the children of
Israel: You shall not serve any but Allah and (you shall
do) good to (your) parents, and to the near
of kin and to the orphans and the needy, and you shall
speak to men good words and keep up prayer and pay the
poor-rate. Then you turned back except a few of
you and (now too) you turn aside.
[2.84] And when We made a covenant with you: You shall not
shed your blood and you shall not turn your people out of
your cities; then you gave a promise while
you witnessed.
[2.85] Yet you it is who slay your people and turn a party
from among you out of their homes, backing each other up
against them unlawfully and exceeding the
limits; and if they should come to you, as captives you
would ransom them-- while their very turning out was
unlawful for you. Do you then believe in a part
of the Book and disbelieve in the other? What then is the
re ward of such among you as do this but disgrace in the
life of this world, and on the day of resurrection they
shall be sent back to the most grievous chastisement, and
Allah is not at all heedless of what you do.
[2.86] These are they who buy the life of this world for
the hereafter, so their chastisement shall not be lightened
nor shall they be helped.
[2.87] And most certainly We gave Musa the Book and We sent
apostles after him one after another; and We gave Isa, the
son of Marium, clear arguments and strengthened him with
the holy spirit, What! whenever then an apostle came to
you with that which your souls did not desire, you were
insolent so you called some liars and some you slew.
[2.88] And they say: Our hearts are covered. Nay, Allah has
cursed them on account of their unbelief; so little it is
that they believe.
[2.89] And when there came to them a Book from Allah
verifying that which they have, and aforetime they used to
pray for victory against those who disbelieve,
but when there came to them (Prophet) that which they did
not recognize, they disbelieved in him; so Allah's curse is
on the unbelievers.
[2.90] Evil is that for which they have sold their souls--
that they should deny what Allah has revealed, out of envy
that Allah should send down of His grace on
whomsoever of His servants He pleases; so they have made
themselves deserving of wrath upon wrath, and there is a
disgraceful punishment for the unbelievers.
[2.91] And when it is said to them, Believe in what Allah
has revealed, they say: We believe in that which was
revealed to us; and they deny what is besides
that, while it is the truth verifying that which they have.
Say: Why then did you kill Allah's Prophets before if you
were indeed believers?
[2.92] And most certainly Musa came to you with clear
arguments, then you took the calf (for a god) in his
absence and you were unjust.
[2.93] And when We made a covenant with you and raised the
mountain over you: Take hold of what We have given you with
firmness and be obedient. They said: We
hear and disobey. And they were made to imbibe (the love
of) the calf into their hearts on account of their unbelief
Say: Evil is that which your belief bids you
if you are believers.
[2.94] Say: If the future abode with Allah is specially for
you to the exclusion of the people, then invoke death if
you are truthful.
[2.95] And they will never invoke it on account of what
their hands have sent before, and Allah knows the unjust.
[2.96] And you will most certainly find them the greediest
of men for life (greedier) than even those who are
polytheists; every one of them loves that he
should be granted a life of a thousand years, and his being
granted a long life will in no way remove him further off
from the chastisement, and Allah sees what
they
[2.97] Say: Whoever is the enemy of Jibreel-- for surely he
revealed it to your heart by Allah's command, verifying
that which is before it and guidance and
good news for the believers.
[2.98] Whoever is the enemy of Allah and His angels and His
apostles and Jibreel and Meekaeel, so surely Allah is the
enemy of the unbelievers.
[2.99] And certainly We have revealed to you clear
communications and none disbelieve in them except the
transgressors.
[2.100] What! whenever they make a covenant, a party of
them cast it aside? Nay, most of them do not believe.
[2.101] And when there came to them an Apostle from Allah
verifying that which they have, a party of those who were
given the Book threw the Book of Allah behind their backs
as if they knew nothing.
[2.102] And they followed what the Shaitans chanted of
sorcery in the reign of Sulaiman, and Sulaiman was not an
unbeliever, but the Shaitans disbelieved, they
taught men sorcery and that was sent down to the two angels
at Babel, Harut and Marut, yet these two taught no man
until they had said, "Surely we are only a
trial, therefore do not be a disbeliever." Even then men
learned from these two, magic by which they might cause a
separation between a man and his wife; and
they cannot hurt with it any one except with Allah's
permission, and they learned what harmed them and did not
profit them, and certainly they know that
he who bought it should have no share of good in the
hereafter and evil was the price for which they sold their
souls, had they but known this.
[2.103] And if they had believed and guarded themselves
(against evil), reward from Allah would certainly have been
better; had they but known (this).
[2.104] O you who believe! do not say Raina and say Unzurna
and listen, and for the unbelievers there is a painful
chastisement.
[2.105] Those who disbelieve from among the followers of
the Book do not like, nor do the polytheists, that the good
should be sent down to you from your Lord,
and Allah chooses especially whom He pleases for His mercy,
and Allah is the Lord of mighty grace.
[2.106] Whatever communications We abrogate or cause to be
forgotten, We bring one better than it or like it. Do you
not know that Allah has power over all things?
[2.107] Do you not know that Allah's is the kingdom of the
heavens and the earth, and that besides Allah you have no
guardian or helper?
[2.108] Rather you wish to put questions to your Apostle,
as Musa was questioned before; and whoever adopts unbelief
instead of faith, he indeed has lost the
right direction of the way.
[2.109] Many of the followers of the Book wish that they
could turn you back into unbelievers after your faith, out
of envy from themselves, (even) after the
truth has become manifest to them; but pardon and forgive,
so that Allah should bring about His command; surely Allah
has power over all things.
[2.110] And keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and
whatever good you send before for yourselves, you shall
find it with Allah; surely Allah sees what you
do.
[2.111] And they say: None shall enter the garden (or
paradise) except he who is a Jew or a Christian. These are
their vain desires. Say: Bring your proof if you
are truthful.
[2.112] Yes! whoever submits himself entirely to Allah and
he is the doer of good (to others) he has his reward from
his Lord, and there is no fear for him nor shall he grieve.
[2.113] And the Jews say: The Christians do not follow
anything (good) and the Christians say: The Jews do not
follow anything (good) while they recite the
(same) Book. Even thus say those who have no knowledge,
like to what they say; so Allah shall judge between them on
the day of resurrection in what they differ.
[2.114] And who is more unjust than he who prevents (men)
from the masjids of Allah, that His name should be
remembered in them, and strives to ruin them? (As
for) these, it was not proper for them that they should
have entered them except in fear; they shall meet with
disgrace in this world, and they shall have great
chastisement in the hereafter.
[2.115] And Allah's is the East and the West, therefore,
whither you turn, thither is Allah's purpose; surely Allah
is Amplegiving, Knowing.
[2.116] And they say: Allah has taken to himself a son.
Glory be to Him; rather, whatever is in the heavens and the
earth is His; all are obedient to Him.
[2.117] Wonderful Originator of the heavens and the earth,
and when He decrees an affair, He only says to it, Be, so
there it is.
[2.118] And those who have no knowledge say: Why does not
Allah speak to us or a sign come to us? Even thus said
those before them, the like of what they say;
their hearts are all alike. Indeed We have made the
communications clear for a people who are sure.
[2.119] Surely We have sent you with the truth as a bearer
of good news and as a warner, and you shall not be called
upon to answer for the companions of the
flaming fire.
[2.120] And the Jews will not be pleased with you, nor the
Christians until you follow their religion. Say: Surely
Allah's guidance, that is the (true) guidance. And if you
follow their desires after the knowledge that has come to
you, you shall have no guardian from Allah, nor any helper.
[2.121] Those to whom We have given the Book read it as it
ought to be read. These believe in it; and whoever
disbelieves in it, these it is that are the
losers.
[2.122] O children of Israel, call to mind My favor which I
bestowed on you and that I made you excel the nations.
[2.123] And.be on your guard against a day when no soul
shall avail another in the least neither shall any
compensation be accepted from it, nor shall
intercession profit it, nor shall they be helped.
[2.124] And when his Lord tried Ibrahim with certain words,
he fulfilled them. He said: Surely I will make you an Imam
of men. Ibrahim said: And of my offspring? My covenant does
not include the unjust, said He.
[2.125] And when We made the House a pilgrimage for men and
a (place of) security, and: Appoint for yourselves a place
of prayer on the standing-place of Ibrahim. And We enjoined
Ibrahim and Ismail saying: Purify My House for those
who visit (it) and those who abide (in it) for devotion and
those who bow down (and) those who prostrate themselves.
[2.126] And when Ibrahim said: My Lord, make it a secure
town and provide its people with fruits, such of them as
believe in Allah and the last day. He said:
And whoever disbelieves, I will grant him enjoyment for a
short while, then I will drive him to the chastisement of
the fire; and it is an evil destination.
[2.127] And when Ibrahim and Ismail raised the foundations
of the House: Our Lord! accept from us; surely Thou art the
Hearing, the Knowing:
[2.128] Our Lord! and make us both submissive to Thee and
(raise) from our offspring a nation submitting to Thee, and
show us our ways of devotion and turn to us (mercifully),
surely Thou art the Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful.
[2.129] Our Lord! and raise up in them an Apostle from
among them who shall recite to them Thy communications and
teach them the Book and the wisdom, and
purify them; surely Thou art the Mighty, the Wise.
[2.130] And who forsakes the religion of Ibrahim but he who
makes himself a fool, and most certainly We chose him in
this world, and in the hereafter he is most surely among
the righteous.
[2.131] When his Lord said to him, Be a Muslim, he said: I
submit myself to the Lord of the worlds.
[2.132] And the same did Ibrahim enjoin on his sons and (so
did) Yaqoub. O my sons! surely Allah has chosen for you
(this) faith, therefore die not unless you
are Muslims.
[2.133] Nay! were you witnesses when death visited Yaqoub,
when he said to his sons: What will you serve after me?
They said: We will serve your God and the
God of your fathers, Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq, one God
only, and to Him do we submit.
[2.134] This is a people that have passed away; they shall
have what they earned and you shall have what you earn, and
you shall not be called upon to answer for
what they did.
[2.135] And they say: Be Jews or Christians, you will be on
the right course. Say: Nay! (we follow) the religion of
Ibrahim, the Hanif, and he was not one of
the polytheists.
[2.136] Say: We believe in Allah and (in) that which had
been revealed to us, and (in) that which was revealed to
Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and
the tribes, and (in) that which was given to Musa and Isa,
and (in) that which was given to the prophets from their
Lord, we do not make any distinction between any of them,
and to Him do we submit.
[2.137] If then they believe as you believe in Him, they
are indeed on the right course, and if they turn back, then
they are only in great opposition, so Allah
will suffice you against them, and He is the Hearing, the
Knowing.
[2.138] (Receive) the baptism of Allah, and who is better
than Allah in baptising? and Him do we serve.
[2.139] Say: Do you dispute with us about Allah, and He is
our Lord and your Lord, and we shall have our deeds and you
shall have your deeds, and we are sincere to Him.
[2.140] Nay! do you say that Ibrahim and Ismail and Yaqoub
and the tribes were Jews or Christians? Say: Are you better
knowing or Allah? And who is more unjust
than he who conceals a testimony that he has from Allah?
And Allah is not at all heedless of what you do.
[2.141] This is a people that have passed away; they shall
have what they earned and you shall have what you earn, and
you shall not be called upon to answer for
what they did.
[2.142] The fools among the people will say: What has
turned them from their qiblah which they had? Say: The East
and the West belong only to Allah; He guides whom He likes
to the right path.
[2.143] And thus We have made you a medium (just) nation
that you may be the bearers of witness to the people and
(that) the Apostle may be a bearer of witness to you; and
We did not make that which you would have to be the qiblah
but that We might distinguish him who follows the Apostle
from him who turns back upon his heels, and this was surely
hard except for those whom Allah has guided aright; and
Allah was not going to make your faith to be fruitless;
most surely Allah is Affectionate, Merciful to the people.
[2.144] Indeed We see the turning of your face to heaven,
so We shall surely turn you to a qiblah which you shall
like; turn then your face towards the Sacred Mosque, and
wherever you are, turn your face towards it, and those who
have been given the Book most surely know that it is the
truth from their Lord; and Allah is not at all heedless of
what they do.
[2.145] And even if you bring to those who have been given
the Book every sign they would not follow your qiblah, nor
can you be a follower of their qiblah, neither are they the
followers of each other's qiblah, and if you follow their
desires after the knowledge that has come to you, then you
shall most surely be among the unjust.
[2.146] Those whom We have given the Book recognize him as
they recognize their sons, and a party of them most surely
conceal the truth while they know (it).
[2.147] The truth is from your Lord, therefore you should
not be of the doubters.
[2.148] And every one has a direction to which he should
turn, therefore hasten to (do) good works; wherever you
are, Allah will bring you all together; surely
Allah has power over all things.
[2.149] And from whatsoever place you come forth, turn your
face towards the Sacred Mosque; and surely it is the very
truth from your Lord, and Allah is not at all heedless of
what you do.
[2.150] And from whatsoever place you come forth, turn your
face towards the Sacred Mosque; and wherever you are turn
your faces towards it, so that people shall have no
accusation against you, except such of them as are unjust;
so do not fear them, and fear Me, that I may complete My
favor on you and that you may walk on the right course.
[2.151] Even as We have sent among you an Apostle from
among you who recites to you Our communications and
purifies you and teaches you the Book and the wisdom
and teaches you that which you did not know.
[2.152] Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, and be
thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me.
[2.153] O you who believe! seek assistance through patience
and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient.
[2.154] And do not speak of those who are slain in Allah's
way as dead; nay, (they are) alive, but you do not
perceive.
[2.155] And We will most certainly try you with somewhat of
fear and hunger and loss of property and lives and fruits;
and give good news to the patient,
[2.156] Who, when a misfortune befalls them, say: Surely we
are Allah's and to Him we shall surely return.
[2.157] Those are they on whom are blessings and mercy from
their Lord, and those are the followers of the right
course.
[2.158] Surely the Safa and the Marwa are among the signs
appointed by Allah; so whoever makes a pilgrimage to the
House or pays a visit (to it), there is no
blame on him if he goes round them both; and whoever does
good spontaneously, then surely Allah is Grateful, Knowing.
[2.159] Surely those who conceal the clear proofs and the
guidance that We revealed after We made it clear in the
Book for men, these it is whom Allah shall curse, and those
who curse shall curse them (too).
[2.160] Except those who repent and amend and make manifest
(the truth), these it is to whom I turn (mercifully); and I
am the Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful.
[2.161] Surely those who disbelieve and die while they are
disbelievers, these it is on whom is the curse of Allah and
the angels and men all;
[2.162] Abiding in it; their chastisement shall not be
lightened nor shall they be given respite.
[2.163] And your God is one God! there is no god but He; He
is the Beneficent, the Merciful.
[2.164] Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the
earth and the alternation of the night and the day, and the
ships that run in the sea with that which profits men, and
the water that Allah sends down from the cloud, then
gives life with it to the earth after its death and spreads
in it all (kinds of) animals, and the changing of the winds
and the clouds made subservient between
the heaven and the earth, there are signs for a people who
understand.
[2.165] And there are some among men who take for
themselves objects of worship besides Allah, whom they love
as they love Allah, and those who believe are
stronger in love for Allah and O, that those who are unjust
had seen, when they see the chastisement, that the power is
wholly Allah's and that Allah is severe
in requiting (evil).
[2.166] When those who were followed shall renounce those
who followed (them),
and they see the chastisement and their ties are cut
asunder.
[2.167] And those who followed shall say: Had there been
for us a return, then we would renounce them as they have
renounced us. Thus will Allah show them
their deeds to be intense regret to them, and they shall
not come forth from the fire.
[2.168] O men! eat the lawful and good things out of what
is in the earth, and do not follow the footsteps of the
Shaitan; surely he is your open enemy.
[2.169] He only enjoins you evil and indecency, and that
you may speak against Allah what you do not know.
[2.170] And when it is said to them, Follow what Allah has
revealed, they say: Nay! we follow what we found our
fathers upon. What! and though their fathers
had no sense at all, nor did they follow the right way.
[2.171] And the parable of those who disbelieve is as the
parable of one who calls out to that which hears no more
than a call and a cry; deaf, dumb (and)
blind, so they do not understand.
[2.172] O you who believe! eat of the good things that We
have provided you with, and give thanks to Allah if Him it
is that you serve.
[2.173] He has only forbidden you what dies of itself, and
blood, and flesh of swine, and that over which any other
(name) than (that of) Allah has been invoked; but whoever
is driven to necessity, not desiring, nor exceeding the
limit, no sin shall be upon him; surely Allah is Forgiving,
Merciful.
[2.174] Surely those who conceal any part of the Book that
Allah has revealed and take for it a small price, they eat
nothing but fire into their bellies, and
Allah will not speak to them on the day of resurrection,
nor will He purify them, and they shall have a painful
chastisement.
[2.175] These are they who buy error for the right
direction and chastisement for forgiveness; how bold they
are to encounter fire.
[2.176] This is because Allah has revealed the Book with
the truth; and surely those who go against the Book are in
a great opposition.
[2.177] It is not righteousness that you turn your faces
towards the East and the West, but righteousness is this
that one should believe in Allah and the
last day and the angels and the Book and the prophets, and
give away wealth out of love for Him to the near of kin and
the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and the beggars
and for (the emancipation of) the captives, and keep up
prayer and pay the poor-rate; and the performers of their
promise when they make a promise, and the patient in
distress and affliction and in time of conflicts--
these are they who are {rue (to themselves) and these are
they who guard (against evil).
[2.178] O you who believe! retaliation is prescribed for
you in the matter of the slain, the free for the free, and
the slave for the slave, and the female
for the female, but if any remission is made to any one by
his (aggrieved) brother, then prosecution (for the
bloodwit) should be made according to usage,
and payment should be made to him in a good manner; this is
an alleviation from your Lord and a mercy; so whoever
exceeds the limit after this he shall have a
painful chastisement.
[2.179] And there is life for you in (the law of)
retaliation, O men of understanding, that you may guard
yourselves.
[2.180] Bequest is prescribed for you when death approaches
one of you, if he leaves behind wealth for parents and near
relatives, according to usage, a duty (incumbent) upon
those who guard (against evil).
[2.181] Whoever then alters it after he has heard it, the
sin of it then is only upon those who alter it; surely
Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
[2.182] But he who fears an inclination to a wrong course
or an act of disobedience on the part of the testator, and
effects an agreement between the parties, there is no blame
on him. Surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
[2.183] O you who believe! fasting is prescribed for you,
as it was prescribed for those before you, so that you may
guard (against evil).
[2.184] For a certain number of days; but whoever among you
is sick or on a journey, then (he shall fast) a (like)
number of other days; and those who are
not able to do it may effect a redemption by feeding a poor
man; so whoever does good spontaneously it is better for
him; and that you fast is better for you if
you know.
[2.185] The month of Ramazan is that in which the Quran was
revealed, a guidance to men and clear proofs of the
guidance and the distinction; therefore whoever
of you is present in the month, he shall fast therein, and
whoever is sick or upon a journey, then (he shall fast) a
(like) number of other days; Allah desires ease for you,
and He does not desire for you difficulty, and (He
desires) that you should complete the number and that you
should exalt the greatness of Allah for His having guided
you and that you may give thanks.
[2.186] And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then
surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant
when he calls on Me, so they should answer
My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right
way.
[2.187] It is made lawful to you to go into your wives on
the night of the fast; they are an apparel for you and you
are an apparel for them; Allah knew that you
acted unfaithfully to yourselves, so He has turned to you
(mercifully) and removed from you (this burden); so now be
in contact with them and seek what Allah has ordained for
you, and eat and drink until the whiteness of the day
becomes distinct from the blackness of the night at dawn,
then complete the fast till night, and have not contact
with them while you keep to the mosques; these
are the limits of Allah, so do not go near them. Thus does
Allah make clear His communications for men that they may
guard (against evil).
[2.188] And do not swallow up your property among
yourselves by false means, neither seek to gain access
thereby to the judges, so that you may swallow up a
part of the property of men wrongfully while you know.
[2.189] They ask you concerning the new moon. Say: They are
times appointed for (the benefit of) men, and (for) the
pilgrimage; and it is not righteousness that
you should enter the houses at their backs, but
righteousness is this that one should guard (against evil);
and go into the houses by their doors and be
careful (of your duty) to Allah, that you may be
successful.
[2.190] And fight in the way of Allah with those who fight
with you, and do not exceed the limits, surely Allah does
not love those who exceed the limits.
[2.191] And kill them wherever you find them, and drive
them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is
severer than slaughter, and do not fight
with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in
it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the
recompense of the unbelievers.
[2.192] But if they desist, then surely Allah is Forgiving,
Merciful.
[2.193] And fight with them until there is no persecution,
and religion should be only for Allah, but if they desist,
then there should be no hostility except
against the oppressors.
[2.194] The Sacred month for the sacred month and all
sacred things are (under the law of) retaliation; whoever
then acts aggressively against you, inflict
injury on him according to the injury he has inflicted on
you and be careful (of your duty) to Allah and know that
Allah is with those who guard (against evil).
[2.195] And spend in the way of Allah and cast not
yourselves to perdition with your own hands, and do good
(to others); surely Allah loves the doers of good.
[2.196] And accomplish the pilgrimage and the visit for
Allah, but if, you are prevented, (send) whatever offering
is easy to obtain, and do not shave your
heads until the offering reaches its destination; but
whoever among you is sick or has an ailment of the head, he
(should effect) a compensation by fasting or
alms or sacrificing, then when you are secure, whoever
profits by combining the visit with the pilgrimage (should
take) what offering is easy to obtain; but he
who cannot find (any offering) should fast for three days
during the pilgrimage and for seven days when you return;
these (make) ten (days) complete; this is
for him whose family is not present in the Sacred Mosque,
and be careful (of your duty) to Allah, and know that Allah
is severe in requiting (evil).
[2.197] The pilgrimage is (performed in) the well-known
months; so whoever determines the performance of the
pilgrimage therein, there shall be no intercourse nor
fornication nor quarrelling amongst one another; and
whatever good you do, Allah knows it; and make provision,
for surely the provision is the guarding of oneself, and be
careful (of your duty) to Me, O men of understanding.
[2.198] There is no blame on you in seeking bounty from
your Lord, so when you hasten on from "Arafat", then
remember Allah near the Holy Monument, and
remember Him as He has guided you, though before that you
were certainly of the erring ones.
[2.199] Then hasten on from the Place from which the people
hasten on and ask the forgiveness of Allah; surely Allah is
Forgiving, Merciful.
[2.200] So when you have performed your devotions, then
laud Allah as you lauded your fathers, rather a greater
lauding. But there are some people who say, Our
Lord! give us in the world, and they shall have no resting
place.
[2.201] And there are some among them who say: Our Lord!
grant us good in this world and good in the hereafter, and
save us from the chastisement of the fire.
[2.202] They shall have (their) portion of what they have
earned, and Allah is swift in reckoning.
[2.203] And laud Allah during the numbered days; then
whoever hastens off in two days, there is no blame on him,
and whoever remains behind, there is no blame on
him, (this is) for him who guards (against evil), and be
careful (of your duty) to Allah, and know that you shall be
gathered together to Him.
[2.204] And among men is he whose speech about the life of
this world causes you to wonder, and he calls on Allah to
witness as to what is in his heart, yet he
is the most violent of adversaries.
[2.205] And when he turn,s back, he runs along in the land
that he may cause mischief in it and destroy the tilth and
the stock, and Allah does not love mischief-making.
[2.206] And when it is said to him, guard against (the
punish ment of) Allah; pride carries him off to sin,
therefore hell is sufficient for him; and
certainly it is an evil resting place.
[2.207] And among men is he who sells himself to seek the
pleasure of Allah; and Allah is Affectionate to the
servants.
[2.208] O you who believe! enter into submission one and
all and do not follow the footsteps of Shaitan; surely he
is your open enemy.
[2.209] But if you slip after clear arguments have come to
you, then know that Allah is Mighty, Wise.
[2.210] They do not wait aught but that Allah should come
to them in the shadows of the clouds along with the angels,
and the matter has (already) been decided;
and (all) matters are returned to Allah.
[2.211] Ask the Israelites how many a clear sign have We
given them; and whoever changes the favor of Allah after it
has come to him, then surely Allah is severe
in requiting (evil).
[2.212] The life of this world is made to seem fair to
those who disbelieve, and they mock those who believe, and
those who guard (against evil) shall be above
them on the day of resurrection; and Allah gives means of
subsistence to whom he pleases without measure.
[2.213] (All) people are a single nation; so Allah raised
prophets as bearers of good news and as warners, and He
revealed with them the Book with truth, that it
might judge between people in that in which they differed;
and none but the very people who were given it differed
about it after clear arguments had come to
them, revolting among themselves; so Allah has guided by
His will those who believe to the truth about which they
differed and Allah guides whom He pleases
to the right path.
[2.214] Or do you think that you would enter the garden
while yet the state of those who have passed away before
you has not come upon you; distress and
affliction befell them and they were shaken violently, so
that the Apostle and those who believed with him said: When
will the help of Allah come? Now surely
the help of Allah is nigh!
[2.215] They ask you as to what they should spend. Say:
Whatever wealth you spend, it is for the parents and the
near of kin and the orphans and the needy
and the wayfarer, and whatever good you do, Allah surely
knows it.
[2.216] Fighting is enjoined on you, and h is an object of
dislike to you; and it may be that you dislike a thing
while it is good for you, and it may be that
you love a thing while it is evil for you, and Allah knows,
while you do not know.
[2.217] They ask you concerning the sacred month about
fighting in it. Say: Fighting in it is a grave matter, and
hindering (men) from Allah's way and denying Him, and
(hindering men from) the Sacred Mosque and turning its
people out of it, are still graver with Allah, and
persecution is graver than slaughter; and they will not
cease fighting with you until they turn you back
from your religion, if they can; and whoever of you turns
back from his religion, then he dies while an unbeliever--
these it is whose works shall go for nothing in this world
and the hereafter, and they are the inmates of the
fire; therein they shall abide.
[2.218] Surely those who believed and those who fled (their
home) and strove hard in the way of Allah these hope for
the mercy of Allah and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
[2.219] They ask you about intoxicants and games of chance.
Say: In both of them there is a great sin and means of
profit for men, and their sin is greater than
their profit. And they ask you as to what they should
spend. Say: What you can spare. Thus does Allah make clear
to you the communications, that you may ponder
[2.220] On this world and the hereafter. And they ask you
concerning the orphans Say: To set right for them (their
affairs) is good, and if you become co-partners with them,
they are your brethren; and Allah knows the
mischief-maker and the pacemaker, and if Allah had pleased,
He would certainly have caused you to fall into a
difficulty; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.
[2.221] And do not marry the idolatresses until they
believe, and certainly a believing maid is better than an
idolatress woman, even though she should please
you; and do not give (believing women) in marriage to
idolaters until they believe, and certainly a believing
servant is better than an idolater, even
though he should please you; these invite to the fire, and
Allah invites to the garden and to forgiveness by His will,
and makes clear His communications to men, that they may be
mindful.
[2.222] And they ask you about menstruation. Say: It is a
discomfort; therefore keep aloof from the women during the
menstrual discharge and do not go near them
until they have become clean; then when they have cleansed
themselves, go in to them as Allah has commanded you;
surely Allah loves those who turn much (to
Him), and He loves those who purify themselves.
[2.223] Your wives are a tilth for you, so go into your
tilth when you like, and do good beforehand for yourselves,
and be careful (of your duty) to Allah, and
know that you will meet Him, and give good news to the
believers.
[2.224] And make not Allah because of your swearing (by
Him) an obstacle to your doing good and guarding (against
evil) and making peace between men, and Allah
is Hearing, Knowing.
[2.225] Allah does not call you to account for what is vain
in your oaths, but He will call you to account for what
your hearts have earned, and Allah is Forgiving,
Forbearing.
[2.226] Those who swear that they will not go in to their
wives should wait four months; so if they go back, then
Allah is surely Forgiving, Merciful.
[2.227] And if they have resolved on a divorce, then Allah
is surely Hearing, Knowing.
[2.228] And the divorced women should keep themselves in
waiting for three courses; and it is not lawful for them
that they should conceal what Allah has
created in their wombs, if they believe in Allah and the
last day; and their husbands have a better right to take
them back in the meanwhile if they wish for
reconciliation; and they have rights similar to those
against them in a just manner, and the men are a degree
above them, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.
[2.229] Divorce may be (pronounced) twice, then keep (them)
in good fellowship or let (them) go with kindness; and it
is not lawful for you to take any part of
what you have given them, unless both fear that they cannot
keep within the limits of Allah; then if you fear that they
cannot keep within the limits of Allah, there is no blame
on them for what she gives up to become free thereby.
These are the limits of Allah, so do not exceed them and
whoever exceeds the limits of Allah these it is that are
the unjust.
[2.230] So if he divorces her she shall not be lawful to
him afterwards until she marries another husband; then if
he divorces her there is no blame on them
both if they return to each other (by marriage), if they
think that they can keep within the limits of Allah, and
these are the limits of Allah which He makes clear for a
people who know.
[2.231] And when you divorce women and they reach their
prescribed time, then either retain them in good fellowship
or set them free with liberality, and do
not retain them for injury, so that you exceed the limits,
and whoever does this, he indeed is unjust to his own soul;
and do not take Allah's communications for a mockery, and
remember the favor of Allah upon you, and that
which He has revealed to you of the Book and the Wisdom,
admonishing you thereby; and be careful (of your duty to)
Allah, and know that Allah is the Knower of all things.
[2.232] And when you have divorced women and they have
ended-- their term (of waiting), then do not prevent them
from marrying their husbands when they agree
among themselves in a lawful manner; with this is
admonished he among you who believes in Allah and the last
day, this is more profitable and purer for you;
and Allah knows while you do not know.
[2.233] And the mothers should suckle their children for
two whole years for him who desires to make complete the
time of suckling; and their maintenance and
their clothing must be-- borne by the father according to
usage; no soul shall have imposed upon it a duty but to the
extent of its capacity; neither shall a
mother be made to suffer harm on account of her child, nor
a father on account of his child, and a similar duty
(devolves) on the (father's) heir, but if both
desire weaning by mutual consent and counsel, there is no
blame on them, and if you wish to engage a wet-nurse for
your children, there is no blame on you so
long as you pay what you promised for according to usage;
and be careful of (your duty to) Allah and know that Allah
sees what you do.
[2.234] And (as for) those of you who die and leave wives
behind, they should keep themselves in waiting for four
months and ten days; then when they have
fully attained their term, there is no blame on you for
what they do for themselves in a lawful manner; and Allah
is aware of what you do.
[2.235] And there is no blame on you respecting that which
you speak indirectly in the asking of (such) women in
marriage or keep (the proposal) concealed
within your minds; Allah knows that you win mention them,
but do not give them a promise in secret unless you speak
in a lawful manner, and do not confirm the
marriage tie until the writing is fulfilled, and know that
Allah knows what is in your minds, therefore beware of Him,
and know that Allah is Forgiving, Forbearing.
[2.236] There is no blame on you if you divorce women when
you have not touched them or appointed for them a portion,
and make provision for them, the wealthy
according to his means and the straitened in circumstances
according to his means, a provision according to usage;
(this is) a duty on the doers of good (to
others).
[2.237] And if you divorce them before you have touched
them and you have appointed for them a portion, then (pay
to them) ha!f of what you have appointed, unless they
relinquish or he should relinquish in whose hand is the
marriage tie; and it is nearer to righteousness that you
should relinquish; and do not neglect the giving of free
gifts between you; surely Allah sees what you
do.
[2.238] Attend constantly to prayers and to the middle
prayer and stand up truly obedient to Allah.
[2.239] But if you are in danger, then (say your prayers)
on foot or on horseback; and when you are secure, then
remember Allah, as. He has taught you what you did not
know.
[2.240] And those of you who die and leave wives behind,
(make) a bequest in favor of their wives of maintenance for
a year without turning (them) out, then
if they themselves go away, there is no blame on you for
what they do of lawful deeds by themselves, and Allah is
Mighty, Wise.
[2.241] And for the divorced women (too) provision (must be
made) according to usage; (this is) a duty on those who
guard (against evil).
[2.242] Allah thus makes clear to you His communications
that you may understand.
[2.243] Have you not considered those who went forth from
their homes, for fear of death, and they were thousands,
then Allah said to them, Die; again He gave
them life; most surely Allah is Gracious to people, but
most people are not grateful.
[2.244] And fight in the way of Allah, and know that Allah
is Hearing, Knowing.
[2.245] Who is it that will offer of Allah a goodly gift,
so He will multiply it to him manifold, and Allah straitens
and amplifies, and you shall be returned to
Him.
[2.246] Have you not considered the chiefs of the children
of Israel after Musa, when they said to a prophet of
theirs: Raise up for us a king, (that) we may
fight in the way of Allah. He said: May it not be that you
would not fight if fighting is ordained for you? They said:
And what reason have we that we should not fight in the way
of Allah, and we have indeed been compelled to abandon our
homes and our children. But when fighting was ordained for
them, they turned back, except a few of them, and Allah
knows the unjust.
[2.247] And their prophet said to them: Surely Allah has
raised Talut to be a king over you. They said: How can he
hold kingship over us while we have a greater right to
kingship than he, and he has not been granted an abundance
of wealth? He said: Surely Allah has chosen him in
preference to you, and He has increased him abundantly in
knowledge and physique, and Allah grants His kingdom
to whom He pleases, and Allah is Amplegiving, Knowing.
[2.248] And the prophet said to them: Surely the sign of
His kingdom is, that there shall come to you the chest in
which there is tranquillity from your Lord
and residue of the relics of what the children of Musa and
the children of Haroun have left, the angels bearing it;
most surely there is a sign in this for
those who believe.
[2.249] So when Talut departed with the forces, he said:
Surely Allah will try you with a river; whoever then drinks
from it, he is not of me, and whoever does
not taste of it, he is surely of me, except he who takes
with his hand as much of it as fills the hand; but with the
exception of a few of them they drank from
it. So when he had crossed it, he and those who believed
with him, they said: We have today no power against Jalut
and his forces. Those who were sure that they
would meet their Lord said: How often has a small party
vanquished a numerous host by Allah's permission, and Allah
is with the patient.
[2.250] And when they went out against Jalut and his forces
they said: Our Lord, pour down upon us patience, and make
our steps firm and assist us against the
unbelieving people.
[2.251] So they put them to flight by Allah's permission.
And Dawood slew Jalut, and Allah gave him kingdom and
wisdom, and taught him of what He pleased. And
were it not for Allah's repelling some men with others, the
earth would certainly be in a state of disorder; but Allah
is Gracious to the creatures.
[2.252] These are the communications of Allah: We recite
them to you with truth; and most surely you are (one) of
the apostles.
[2.253] We have made some of these apostles to excel the
others among them are they to whom Allah spoke, and some of
them He exalted by (many degrees of) rank;
and We gave clear miracles to Isa son of Marium, and
strengthened him with the holy spirit. And if Allah had
pleased, those after them would not have fought
one with another after clear arguments had come to them,
but they disagreed; so there were some of them who believed
and others who denied; and if Allah had
pleased they would not have fought one with another, but
Allah brings about what He intends.
[2.254] O you who believe! spend out of what We have given
you before the day comes in which there is no bargaining,
neither any friendship nor intercession,
and the unbelievers-- they are the unjust.
[2.255] Allah is He besides Whom there is no god, the
Everliving, the Self-subsisting by Whom all subsist;
slumber does not overtake Him nor sleep;
whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is
His; who is he that can intercede with Him but by His
permission? He knows what is before them and
what is behind them, and they cannot comprehend anything
out of His knowledge except what He pleases, His knowledge
extends over the heavens and the earth,
and the preservation of them both tires Him not, and He is
the Most High, the Great.
[2.256] There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right
way has become clearly distinct from error; therefore,
whoever disbelieves in the Shaitan and believes in Allah he
indeed has laid hold on the firmest handle, which shall not
break off, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
[2.257] Allah is the guardian of those who believe. He
brings them out of the darkness into the light; and (as to)
those who disbelieve, their guardians are
Shaitans who take them out of the light into the darkness;
they are the inmates of the fire, in it they shall abide.
[2.258] Have you not considered him (Namrud) who disputed
with Ibrahim about his Lord, because Allah had given him
the kingdom? When Ibrahim said: My Lord is He
who gives life and causes to die, he said: I give life and
cause death. Ibrahim said: So surely Allah causes the sun
to rise from the east, then make it rise
from the west; thus he who disbelieved was confounded; and
Allah does not guide aright the unjust people.
[2.259] Or the like of him (Uzair) who passed by a town,
and it had fallen down upon its roofs; he said: When will
Allah give it life after its death? So Allah
caused him to die for a hundred years, then raised him to
life. He said: How long have you tarried? He said: I have
tarried a day, or a part of a day. Said
He: Nay! you have tarried a hundred years; then look at
your food and drink-- years have not passed over it; and
look at your ass; and that We may make you a
sign to men, and look at the bones, how We set them
together, then clothed them with flesh; so when it became
clear to him, he said: I know that Allah has power
over all things.
[2.260] And when Ibrahim said: My Lord! show me how Thou
givest life to the dead, He said: What! and do you not
believe? He said: Yes, but that my heart may
be at ease. He said: Then take four of the birds, then
train them to follow you, then place on every mountain a
part of them, then call them, they will come to
you flying; and know that Allah is Mighty, Wise.
[2.261] The parable of those who spend their property in
the way of Allah is as the parable of a grain growing seven
ears (with) a hundred grains in every ear;
and Allah multiplies for whom He pleases; and Allah is
Ample-giving, Knowing
[2.262] (As for) those who spend their property in the
way.of Allah, then do not follow up what they have spent
with reproach or injury, they shall have their
reward from their Lord, and they shall have no fear nor
shall they grieve.
[2.263] Kind speech and forgiveness is better than charity
followed by injury; and Allah is Self-sufficient,
Forbearing.
[2.264] O you who believe! do not make your charity
worthless by reproach and injury, like him who spends his
property to be seen of men and does not believe
in Allah and the last day; so his parable is as the parable
of a smooth rock with earth upon it, then a heavy rain
falls upon it, so it leaves it bare; they
shall not be able to gain anything of what they have
earned; and Allah does not guide the unbelieving people.
[2.265] And the parable of those who spend their property
to seek the pleasure of Allah and for the certainty 'of
their souls is as the parable of a garden on
an elevated ground, upon which heavy rain falls so it
brings forth its fruit twofold but if heavy rain does not
fall upon it, then light rain (is sufficient); and Allah
sees what you do.
[2.266] Does one of you like that he should have a garden
of palms and vines with streams flowing beneath it; he has
in it all kinds of fruits; and old age has overtaken him
and he has weak offspring, when, (lo!) a whirlwind with
fire in it smites it so it becomes blasted; thus Allah
makes the communications clear to you, that you may
reflect.
[2.267] O you who believe! spend (benevolently) of the good
things that you earn and or what We have brought forth for
you out of the earth, and do not aim at
what is bad that you may spend (in alms) of it, while you
would not take it yourselves unless you have its price
lowered, and know that Allah is Self-sufficient,
Praiseworthy.
[2.268] Shaitan threatens you with poverty and enjoins you
to be niggardly, and Allah promises you forgiveness from
Himself and abundance; and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing.
[2.269] He grants wisdom to whom He pleases, and whoever is
granted wisdom, he indeed is given a great good and none
but men of understanding mind.
[2.270] And whatever alms you give or (whatever) vow you
vow, surely Allah knows it; and the unjust shall have no
helpers.
[2.271] If you give alms openly, it is well, and if you
hide it and give it to the poor, it is better for you; and
this will do away with some of your evil
deeds; and Allah is aware of what you do.
[2.272] To make them walk in the right way is not incumbent
on you, but Allah guides aright whom He pleases; and
whatever good thing you spend, it is to your
own good; and you do not spend but to seek Allah's
pleasure; and whatever good things you spend shall be paid
back to you in full, and you shall not be
wronged.
[2.273] (Alms are) for the poor who are confined in the way
of Allah-- they cannot go about in the land; the ignorant
man thinks them to be rich on account of (their) abstaining
(from begging); you can recognise them by their mark; they
do not beg from men importunately; and whatever good thing
you spend, surely Allah knows it.
[2.274] (As for) those who spend their property by night
and by day, secretly and openly, they shall have their
reward from their Lord and they shall have no
fear, nor shall they grieve.
[2.275] Those who swallow down usury cannot arise except as
one whom Shaitan has prostrated by (his) touch does rise.
That is because they say, trading is only
like usury; and Allah has allowed trading and forbidden
usury. To whomsoever then the admonition has come from his
Lord, then he desists, he shall have what
has already passed, and his affair is in the hands of
Allah; and whoever returns (to it)-- these arc the inmates
of the fire; they shall abide in it.
[2.276] Allah does not bless usury, and He causes
charitable deeds to prosper, and Allah does not love any
ungrateful sinner.
[2.277] Surely they who believe and do good deeds and keep
up prayer and pay the poor-rate they shall have their
reward from their Lord, and they shall have no
fear, nor shall they grieve.
[2.278] O you who believe! Be careful of (your duty to)
Allah and relinquish what remains (due) from usury, if you
are believers.
[2.279] But if you do (it) not, then be apprised of war
from Allah and His Apostle; and if you repent, then you
shall have your capital; neither shall you
make (the debtor) suffer loss, nor shall you be made to
suffer loss.
[2.280] And if (the debtor) is in straitness, then let
there be postponement until (he is in) ease; and that you
remit (it) as alms is better for you, if you
knew.
[2.281] And guard yourselves against a day in which you
shall be returned to Allah; then every soul shall be paid
back in full what it has earned, and they
shall not be dealt with unjustly.
[2.282] O you who believe! when you deal with each other in
contracting a debt for a fixed time, then write it down;
and let a scribe write it down between you
with fairness; and the scribe should not refuse to write as
Allah has taught him, so he should write; and let him who
owes the debt dictate, and he should be
careful of (his duty to) Allah, his Lord, and not diminish
anything from it; but if he who owes the debt is unsound in
understanding, or weak, or (if) he is not
able to dictate himself, let his guardian dictate with
fairness; and call in to witness from among your men two
witnesses; but if there are not two men, then
one man and two women from among those whom you choose
to be witnesses, so that if one of the two errs, the second of
the two may remind the other; and the witnesses should not
refuse when they are summoned; and be not averse to writing
it (whether it is) small or large, with the time of its
falling due; this is more equitable in the sight of Allah
and assures greater accuracy in testimony,
and the nearest (way) that you may not entertain doubts
(afterwards), except when it is ready merchandise which you
give and take among yourselves from hand
to hand, then there is no blame on you in not writing it
down; and have witnesses when you barter with one another,
and let no harm be done to the scribe or to the witness;
and if you do (it) then surely it will be a
transgression in you, and be careful of (your duty) to
Allah, Allah teaches you, and Allah knows all things.
[2.283] And if you are upon a journey and you do not find a
scribe, then (there may be) a security taken into
possession; but if one of you trusts another, then
he who is trusted should deliver his trust, and let him be
careful (of his duty to) Allah, his Lord; and do not
conceal testimony, and whoever conceals it, his
heart is surely sinful; and Allah knows what you do.
[2.284] Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the
earth is Allah's; and whether you manifest what is in your
minds or hide it, Allah will call you to
account according to it; then He will forgive whom He
pleases and chastise whom He pleases, and Allah has power
over all things.
[2.285] The apostle believes in what has been revealed to
him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers; they all
believe in Allah and His angels and His books
and His apostles; We make no difference between any of His
apostles; and they say: We hear and obey, our Lord! Thy
forgiveness (do we crave), and to Thee is
the eventual course.
[2.286] Allah does not impose upon any soul a duty but to
the extent of its ability; for it is (the benefit of) what
it has earned and upon it (the evil of)
what it has wrought: Our Lord! do not punish us if we
forget or make a mistake; Our Lord! do not lay on us a
burden as Thou didst lay on those before us, Our
Lord do not impose upon us that which we have not the
strength to bear; and pardon us and grant us protection and
have mercy on us, Thou art our Patron, so
help us against the unbelieving people.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker