Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
aziman

SOUTH AFRICA
Topic initiated on Tuesday, October 19, 2004  -  1:42 PM Reply with quote
Difficulties as a new Muslim Mom and wife

Assalamu Alaikum

This is my second year into Ramadaan.I have recently married a Muslim, but not yet converted.
I find this year extremely difficult for the following reasons:
1.I am not coping well as I am a working mother and just feel that there is not enough time to prepare meals for my husband when we break our fast.Are there any other working mothers who can give me some tips.I also have no other means of support. ie family etc. which live nearby and can assist.
2.My husband feels it is important that we nikkah as soon as possible, we are in a civil marriage already.How important is this?

I will appreciate any forms of advice.In the meantime, I pray that Allah will see my plight and guide me to follow the correct path.

PS.I also have difficulty with the link to the "Ramadan Checklist" newsletter.I wil appreciate if anybody can possibly e-mail this letter to me.

Kind regards.
Taniatahira

FRANCE
Posted - Thursday, October 21, 2004  -  12:33 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu alaikum

May Allah guide us to His straight path.

I strongly recommend you to marry by Islam as soon as possible, Allah will bless you both more if you are eager to follow His law as well (if first even better). Believe me there are a lot of blessings coming after marrying by Islam that won't come any other way.

I can also see you already believe in Allah, why not accepting Islam at once? There are also lots of blessings coming after the shahada... just make sure you believe in the Oness of Allah and that Muhammad was His last Messenger.

Absolute submission to Allah brings facility to all matters, just because once being sure of HIs Oness and that in the Quran is guidance, life takes its right dimension.

About cooking food for breaking fast, let us remember that purpose of fasting should be maintened even after breaking the fast. So you have no need to cook complicated dishes, its enough to prepare something that will comply with nutritional purposes. A hot soup and some rice, some salad will be enough. Just keep it simple, however if you want to eat something more elaborated why dont you try cooking the previous night, so for breaking the fast you just have to heat and eat?

However lets try not to make Ramadan a month of cooking, rather Ramadan is a month of more devotion than usual to islamic chores like reading Quran, praying voluntarily, giving charity, insha Allah.

I hope my words are helpful. I am myself recently married and also adjusting to the changes in my life.

Ramadan Mubarak,

Tahira

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker