Page 2 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
kashifsyed

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 19, 2004  -  9:27 AM 
quote:

Assalaam Alaikum,
My mission statement in this life is to memorize the whole of the Qur'an with it's meaning and try to put it in practice to the best of my ability according to the sunnah of our Holy prophet Muhammad (s.a.w).
To achieve this mission successfully, i have already started memorizing from Surah Al-Baqara. Alhamdulillah With the help of Allah (swt) i am now in Surah Al-Ma'ida verse 47.
This Ramadan, insha Allah i will try to finsh memorizing Surah Ma'ida.
I need an advice and encouragement from my muslim brothers because i do the memorization on my own without a moderator, so i may be pronouncing some verses wrongly even though i listen to recitations.
Assalaam Alaikum.

Thanks for the usefull advice and suggestions.I will definately put them in practise rt now.
I have experienced this that when for mewmorization repaeatdley hear the surahs.Throughout the day and at sleeping time the ayats they are in my head im unknowingly repeating them any silent moment and the ayats reverbrate in my mind.
Thanks again.
Smita
Bultu1973

NIGERIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 19, 2004  -  9:58 AM 
Assalaam Alaikum Lubnaatif,
Thanks for reminding me of my obligations towards my fellow muslim brothers and for the useful advice.
May Allah reward you for that and help us fulfill our mission successfully Ameen.
Assalaam Alaikum.
ajmal

OMAN
Posted - Thursday, October 21, 2004  -  10:42 AM 
quote:

[Your mission is very good and inshaallah you will reach your goal.
I have a question to ask for new reverts like me ,whose only help is the net for memorization.I have started memorization from Surah 114 so is that right and what schedule for memorization would be more helpfull.
Smita

Al hamdulillah, you are doing a great job and I feel what you are doing now is right, as it is easier to recite and remember the surahs 114, 113..... they are short and easy to remember. Once you momorised a few surahs like this, it would encourage you to do more and may memorise longer surahs later. As advised by brother, better to keep reciting the momorised surahs in salaat (namaz) and whenever possible. You may listen to audio recitations from Qaris who recite slowely , so that you can even take care of Tajweed (Proper pronounciation).
Wishing you all success in your noble efforts.
shafinaz

MALAYSIA
Posted - Monday, September 12, 2005  -  3:16 AM 
TextTextText
Ramadhan is approching again. The month that carries the ultimate blessing from Allah. Have you made any special plan for it? I hope I will be able to do some serious reading on the collection of articles regarding Islam that I have been keeping all this while. I also hope that the normal thinking that I often had in the past will not be with me during the holy month. That is the scary thing. I am hoping for the best and of course, hoping is not enough..if we do not work on it...Wishing all a grand Ramadhan 1426. Assalamualaikum.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, September 12, 2005  -  8:24 AM 
Here is very usefull link for Audio Lecture of Mufti Taqi Usmani in urdu.

File Name is:- Ramadan How to Make the Most of it.To down load this file,click this link below and when its open right click your mouse button and click on file Name as stated above "Save Target As"
http://www.edars.com/Urdu/#MuftiTaqiUsmani
usmani790

PAKISTAN

File Name is:- Ramadan How to Make the Most of it.To down load this file,click this link below and when its open right click your mouse button and click on file Name as stated above "Save Target As"
usmani790

PAKISTAN

StudentAffairs

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, September 28, 2007  -  11:38 PM 
Ramadan and Qur'an

More than half the Ramadan has passed. May Allah accept our prayers.Amen.
A lot of emphysis is laid upon Taraweeh during this month which is a great opportunity to revise Qur'an; but more important is to listen/read with understanding and to know more about Qur'an like the circumstances in which it was revealed, it's history and arrangement, the coherence present in Qur'an and much more.
In order to learn about this all see our offered courses on the relevant topics-both in English and Urdu.
sbeech

USA
Posted - Wednesday, August 27, 2008  -  3:39 PM 
This Ramadan, as my first, I will read the entire Qur'an again, study it through these wonderful courses, and make a diligent fast.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, September 8, 2008  -  8:36 AM 
quote:

usmani790 - Monday, September 12, 2005 - 8:24 AM .........Here is very usefull link ...........

Long time no see brother Usmani. Hope you and all near and dear and all the participants here are in the best of health and eemaan.

Ramadhaan Mubaarak to all of you.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, July 18, 2009  -  10:40 PM 
this ramadan u will not.........
(for our dear brothers)

are muslims making their own fun????

An incidence from my clinic: may make you laugh or cry.....

me: The nurse has reported that your microscopy shows that you have a condition called NSU(non specific urethritis), the most common cause of which is the STI Chlamydia.Your recent history of having casual & unprotected sxual relationship with three unknown female and male partners outside your marriage strongly suggest that it could be chlamydia. We shall therefore treat you with a high dose of Antibiotic 1000 mg stat in the clinic in order to treat the infection whilst we wait for the lab results which can take over a week. Please take this medicine now.
patient: But Doctor ...I can't..I can't take it now.
me: Why Mr ----- Don't you want to treat the infection?
patient: Yes ofcourse.I do Dr; but it is Ramadan sister-- and I am fasting !!
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, July 19, 2009  -  3:16 AM 
quote:

patient: Yes ofcourse.I do Dr; but it is Ramadan sister-- and I am fasting !!.........
When was this incidene? Is he still alive?
Amongst the virtues of fasting is that it is an atonement of sins. Narrated Abu Hurayrah (radhi allahu anhu) that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “He who observed the fasts of the month of Ramadaan out of sincerity and hoping for the reward from Allah, he will have his past sins forgiven.” [Saheeh al-Bukharee vol: 3, no: 125]
Abu Hurayrah (radhi allahu anhu) reported a Qudsi Hadeeth: “Allah says: “All the deeds of Adam's children belong to them, except fasting, which belongs to Me, and I will reward it. Fasting is a shield (against the Hell and sins). If one of you happens to be fasting then he should avoid sexual relations with his wife, and should avoid quarreling. If someone quarrels with him, let him say: 'I am fasting.' By Him in Whose Hand is my soul, the smell of the mouth of a fasting person is better in the Sight of Allah than the musk.” [Saheeh al-Bukharee (vol: 3, no: 118) and Saheeh Muslim (no: 2567)]

In this Hadeeth, Allah distinguished the sincere fast from all good deeds and He favored the fast to be greatly rewarded. Fasting is called a shield against Hell Fire because it protects the fasting person from shameful and unjust deeds, which in turn defend him from the Hell-Fire.

Fasting is a praiseworthy act, which carries two occasions of joy for the believer;

one while he breaks his fast and enjoys the bounties of Allah, i.e. he was favored with the Mercy of Allah and granted the ability to fast and worship him, while others were deprived from this blessing.

The second is when he will meet his Lord and enjoy the abundant rewards of fasting.

Another virtue of fasting is its intercession on the Day of Judgement.

Allah says:
“O you who believe! Fasting has been prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, so that you may become Muttaqoon (the pious).” [Soorah al-Baqarah (2): 183]

Edited by: aboosait on Sunday, July 19, 2009 3:20 AM
shah_625

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 19, 2009  -  11:32 AM 
@ aboosait
You rightly pointed out that fast an atonement of sins. But the condition of the person is such that his fast might aggravate his health, so its important that he takes the antibiotic as soon as possible. He can repent and fast later on.

And from what I understand our sister is trying to point out the condition of we Muslims. On one hand we are offering regular prayers, fasting in the month of Ramadan, performing God knows how many Umrah and Hajj, but on the other hand we lie, we cheat, we don't give orphans their share, we take and give bribe, do all sorts of immoral acts.

A Muslim in this world is not known for his good character honesty hard work etc, instead he's known as a bearded fanatic who is steeped in the most deepest of evils.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, July 19, 2009  -  3:41 PM 
quote:

.........A Muslim in this world is not known for his good character honesty hard work etc, instead he's known as a bearded fanatic who is steeped in the most deepest of evils.........
Thats how the media projects him to be.

Out of your own experience what percentage of the Muslims you know can be classified as bearded fanatics steeped in the most deepest of evils?

And also ask the doctor as to what percentage of the Muslim patients that come to her clinic could be certified as bearded fanatics steeped in the most deepest of evils?

quote:

....the condition of the person is such that his fast might aggravate his health, so its important that he takes the antibiotic as soon as possible......

If the case was so serious the doctor would have convinced him to postpone his fast. Wherever possible Muslim Doctors prescribe medicines that could be taken between dusk and dawn unless the desease falls under the category that needs fast to be postponed.

Edited by: aboosait on Sunday, July 19, 2009 3:51 PM
shah_625

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 19, 2009  -  7:37 PM 
Uncle the point isn't whether his medical condition was serious, whether he could postpone his fast or not.
This short incident is actually referring to the state of Muslims.
Agreed that the bearded fanatic image is created by the media, but still there is a group among the Muslims which really are like this. And regarding the immorality among Muslims well isn't clear in the soceity how many true Muslims do you see everyday?
A Muslim lies, he cheats others, doesn't give others their due rights, drinks, gambles, etc etc.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, July 21, 2009  -  1:10 PM 
thx for interpreting me correctly s; yes thats wat i meant.
the nurse had to witness that the patient had taken the medicine and when such incidences happen, our non-muslim paramedical & medical colleagues do come to us with Q like; 'so wat u say about the religious limitations within the sexual intimacy may not necessarily be observed in all circumstances...' and 'after all its all about temptation ~wat can u say about it. one can't force people's temptations' and similar opinions. wen a muslim calls him/herself with a muslim name, projects some features which reflect islam in some way(e.g. beard, specific dress etc) they carry a great responsibility of presenting the correct conduct. anyway, we had a brief counselling session following that where the person kept regretting about what happened even though i wasn't judgemental~ i do touch the moral side of things, be it with muslims or people from other faiths; coz whoever comes there is coming with some sort of confessional attitude already .... the innate guidance cannot be denied; besides its not just the religious matter, but hygienic and something affecting relationships & family units, thereby levels of stress & depression, hence mental health.

all of this effects one's positive and progressive performance i n life

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker