Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
ajmal

OMAN
Topic initiated on Friday, October 15, 2004  -  8:10 PM Topic is locked
This Ramadan, I will...........

Assalamu alaikum...........
This Ramadhaan, I will establish a close relationship with the Qur-aan. I will give the top priority to knowing and understanding the contents and message of the Qur-aan. I will finish the whole Qur-aan with translation and tafseer by studying it steadily throughout the month from a good, translation and Tafseer.Insha Allah
muslim

CANADA
Posted - Saturday, October 16, 2004  -  4:05 AM 
aslam o alaikum,
this time i plan to take one step further then just read the QURAN with tafseer.iwill memorize important verses of QURAN.inshAllah
I am also studying for my medical exam.
any advice on how to keep up.
wasalam

Edited by: muslim on Saturday, October 16, 2004 4:06 AM
khusro

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, October 16, 2004  -  5:12 AM 
Dear brothers

May Almighty Allah make both of u succussful in what u r planning to do and May Allah make all of our brother and sisters understand the message of Quran and help live our lives acording to it.

Ameen
saadiamalik

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, October 16, 2004  -  8:52 AM 

Assalaamu Alaikum.

Its good to see people make Ramadan resolutions, just as fervently as is the trend with New Year's Resolutions.

I think we also need to make sure that we are utterly devoted towards making changes in us that Allah would desire, not just to last a month, but a lifetime, insha'Allah.

I wish everyone a blessed Ramadan, of course.

Wasalaam.

Saadia

kashifsyed

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, October 17, 2004  -  4:31 AM 
All the resolutions stated in the forum and the zeal to see it thrugh is very inspiring.Inshaallah every one wiill reach their goal .
Krystal

CANADA
Posted - Sunday, October 17, 2004  -  4:40 AM 
Salam,

It is wonderful to hear how people will be spending this holy month of Ramadan. I am a canadian women who has not yet converted but has praticed many of the muslim traditions for years. I am on my way in this long journey and I look so forward to this month in bringing me closer with Allah. Goodluck to all ~
Firdousi

AUSTRALIA
Posted - Sunday, October 17, 2004  -  8:46 AM 
Asalaam Alaikum to all. May the Holy month of Ramadan bring peace to all parts of the world.Ameen. As far as I am concerned Inshallah I will try to do more reading of the Quran, understand it and try to practice it. In all I will try and me a better Muslim and a better human being
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, October 17, 2004  -  10:51 AM 
quote:

Salam,
It is wonderful to hear how people will be spending this holy month of Ramadan. I am a canadian women who has not yet converted but has praticed many of the muslim traditions for years. I am on my way in this long journey and I look so forward to this month in bringing me closer with Allah. Goodluck to all ~[/
quote]
wa Alaikum us salaam Dear Sister
I Pray that Before the END of this Holy Month GOD Bless you with Islam & Made it easy for you to become a MUSLIM. Surely this will bring you very close to Allah. Goodluck to you as well.
ajmal

OMAN
Posted - Sunday, October 17, 2004  -  11:02 AM 
quote:

Salam,

It is wonderful to hear how people will be spending this holy month of Ramadan. I am a canadian women who has not yet converted but has praticed many of the muslim traditions for years. I am on my way in this long journey and I look so forward to this month in bringing me closer with Allah. Goodluck to all ~

Dear Sister, Assalamu alaikum,
We are pleased to learn that you have been practicing muslim traditions for years. Don't say "not yet converted", as by becoming a 'Muslim', you are reverting to the 'TRUTH' (Your original religion) and will be following the teachings of all the prophets from ADAM to Abraham to Jesus to Muhammad (peace be upon them all). Allah (God, Almighty) knows what is there in our heart and intentions, hence believing and practicing His revelation and following the teachings of the last prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has already made you a 'MUSLIM'. May Allah accept you and reward you with His infinite bounties-- Aameen.

Edited by: ajmal on Sunday, October 17, 2004 11:05 AM
akanke715

USA
Posted - Sunday, October 17, 2004  -  1:56 PM 
quote:

quote:

Salam,

Dear Sister, Assalamu alaikum,
We are pleased to learn that you have been practicing muslim traditions for years. Don't say "not yet converted", as by becoming a 'Muslim', you are reverting to the 'TRUTH' (Your original religion) and will be following the teachings of all the prophets from ADAM to Abraham to Jesus to Muhammad (peace be upon them all). Allah (God, Almighty) knows what is there in our heart and intentions, hence believing and practicing His revelation and following the teachings of the last prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has already made you a 'MUSLIM'. May Allah accept you and reward you with His infinite bounties-- Aameen.

Edited by: ajmal on Sunday, October 17, 2004 11:05 AM
muslim

CANADA
Posted - Monday, October 18, 2004  -  1:17 AM 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Salam,

It is wonderful to hear how people will be spending this holy month of Ramadan. I am a canadian women who has not yet converted but has praticed many of the muslim traditions for years. I am on my way in this long journey and I look so forward to this month in bringing me closer with Allah

aslam o alaikum,
May Allah bless you sister.I also reside in Canada.Perhaps,i was mistaken as a male.
anyways,im sure sister,when you read Quran and practice islam,it fills the heart with joy and love and peace.there is nothing comparable to the feeling of submission to Allah.
Allah is opening your heart for Islam.Decide in Islams favour.YOU ARE A MUSLIM--ITS YOUR NATURE.MAY ALLAH GIVE YOU STRENGTH AND WISDOM.AMEEN
DO REMEMBER IN PRAYERS.
WASALAM
AYESHA
ajmal

OMAN
Posted - Monday, October 18, 2004  -  7:04 AM 
O People! Indeed (Ramadan) is the blessed month of Allah. A month of blessing, mercy and forgiveness. A month which is the best of months. Its days are the best of days, its nights are the best of nights, and its hours are the best of hours. It is the month, which invites you to be the guests of Allah, and invites you to be one of those near to Him. Each breath you take glorifies him; your sleep is worship, your deeds are accepted and your supplications are answered. So, ask Allah, your Lord to give you a sound body and an enlightened heart so you may be able to fast and recite his book, for only he is unhappy who is deprived of Allah's forgiveness during this great month.
(Source: Prophet's sermon)
Bultu1973

NIGERIA
Posted - Monday, October 18, 2004  -  10:11 AM 
Assalaam Alaikum,
My mission statement in this life is to memorize the whole of the Qur'an with it's meaning and try to put it in practice to the best of my ability according to the sunnah of our Holy prophet Muhammad (s.a.w).
To achieve this mission successfully, i have already started memorizing from Surah Al-Baqara. Alhamdulillah With the help of Allah (swt) i am now in Surah Al-Ma'ida verse 47.
This Ramadan, insha Allah i will try to finsh memorizing Surah Ma'ida.
I need an advice and encouragement from my muslim brothers because i do the memorization on my own without a moderator, so i may be pronouncing some verses wrongly even though i listen to recitations.
Assalaam Alaikum.
kashifsyed

INDIA
Posted - Monday, October 18, 2004  -  10:35 AM 
[Your mission is very good and inshaallah you will reach your goal.
I have a question to ask for new reverts like me ,whose only help is the net for memorization.I have started memorization from Surah 114 so is that right and what schedule for memorization would be more helpfull.
Smita
Bultu1973

NIGERIA
Posted - Monday, October 18, 2004  -  11:27 AM 
Assalaam Alaikum Smita,
To my little knowledge and understanding, i feel it is right to start from surah 114. Infact you can start from anywhere you feel is easier for you to memorize.But i personally feel it is better to start from surah al-baqara downwards, because it is the longest surah in the whole of the Qur'an and an interesting one because it touches almost every aspect of life. Once you are able to memorize that surah inshaallah any other surah will be easier for you to memorize.
The tips i will suggest for you is the one i follow:
1. make sure you memorize at least one verse in a day, if not in two days and at most in a week.
2.make sure you read the part you have already memorized frequently,if possible recite those verses in your salat.
3.read the Qur'an in the early morning especially after fajr prayers before sunrise.
4.fortify yourself with supplications and du'a.
May Allah help you achieve your goal ameen.
Assalaam Alaikum.
lubnaatif03

AUSTRALIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 19, 2004  -  6:22 AM 
Salamalaikum,
This Ramzan i will request all my fellows to fix a percentage of their monthly income to be given in the way of Allah and reinforce myself to do so throughout my life inshaAllah. Ramzan is the month of giving and sharing in zakat and other forms. Lets not restrict this noble act to this month alone. I can assure you that you will experience the return in your life and no doubt in the life hereafter as promised. Please give to the so many needy around you.
May Allah help us all.
Wassalam

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker