Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Friday, October 1, 2004  -  1:32 PM Reply with quote
Fasting For All !

Fasting For Faith

Your Chance to Write about Fasting and what it means to you.
The Islamic Month of Fasting begins in Oct' this year. If you are going to be fasting for Ramadhan or if you fast for any other reason (from any faith or ethnic background)), we want to hear from you!
Please send to sr. Haneeza Nisar @ by 8th Oct.

librarytop@sloughlibrary.org.uk

To: Dr.Henna Khan
Rep. UK Chap. Studying Islam
"Dear Henna, Assalamualaykum.
Attached are details. I would appreciate if you could let your study group know. Thanks. Haneeza Nisar. Senior Librarian. "

Edited by: hkhan on Saturday, October 02, 2004 12:00 PM
nadya

USA
Posted - Wednesday, October 6, 2004  -  9:37 AM Reply with quote
Asalamu Alaykum Sister Henna!
Good to see you here :)
This is a good idea to get people to write about fasting which is a common religious practice.

I believe Jews observe fast on Yon Kipper or the "Day of Atonement", the most sacred year of the Jewish calendar. The day is traditionally observed with strict fasting and prayer to atone for one's sins. Jain religious practices also include fasting. I also recall some of my Christian friends in school telling me that they also observed fasting.

It would also be good to talk about worship practices that some religions have in common on this forum.

Regards.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, October 7, 2004  -  3:49 AM Reply with quote
w'assalaam sr

Quote:Good to see you here :)
(did you mean everywhere )

yes insh'allah we are hoping to receive some writings from our members for the presentation. would be nice to have a range of opinions insh'Allah.

regards
nadya

USA
Posted - Thursday, October 7, 2004  -  8:00 AM Reply with quote
Its just you and me on this topic and I wasnt talking about myself :)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker