Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
abdullah099

USA
Topic initiated on Monday, September 13, 2004  -  7:49 AM Reply with quote
Question about the Blessed Ten Companions

Most of us know the names of the ten companions who were blessed to be told by the prophet Muhammad s.a.w. While they were alive that they would enter paradise. They are known as Al-'asharatu-l mubashshirun or (The Blessed Ten) But what I want to know is why isn't Bilal bin Ribah included in this lot as well. On more than one occassion the prophet Muhammad s.a.w. said that Bilal would be one of the dwellers of paradise. I will post two haddith which prove this.

Traditions relate that Bilals marriage had been arranged by the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) himself, It is stated that the sons of Abul Bukair one day came to the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) and said, "0 Messenger of Allah, find a match for our sister. "The Holy Prophet observe, "Why do you not marry her to Bilal Hearing this they went back, but after a few days they came again and repeated the same request, and the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) gave the same reply. Thus after a few days they came third time with the same request. This time also the Prophet (S.A.W.) giving the same reply added, "Bilal is an inmate of Paradise; you should marry your sister to him." So, having heard the Prophets advice, they married their sister to Bilal.

And another haddith which I have read deals with the prophet Muhammad s.a.w. having a dream in which he was in paradise and he heard footsteps infront of him. He asked who that was and Bilal responded saying that it was him.

Sorry that I could not post the full haddiths here with their narrators but I did not have enough time to find them.
aslam

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, September 14, 2004  -  2:19 PM Reply with quote
Salams,
Not only ten but most of the sahabah were given the glad news of entering paradise,esp.those who had participated
in the battle of badr.
abdullah099

USA
Posted - Tuesday, September 14, 2004  -  10:53 PM Reply with quote
Yes so can a moderator please help me to find the answer as to why these 10 companions were given this special position. I know all of them were very good I just want to know if there is something which sets them apart from the rest.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker