Powered by UITechs
Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
pineapple

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Thursday, September 2, 2004  -  2:27 AM Reply with quote
Regarding Latest Newsletter (16th-31st Aug 04)

asalamu alaykum
I recieved a newsletter titled 'A Dream'
Here are some of its extracts

"I dreamt that I went to Heaven and an angel was showing me around. We walked side-by-side inside a large workroom filled with angels.
My angel guide stopped in front of the first section and said, "This is the Receiving Section. Here, all petitions to God said in prayer are received." I looked around in this area, and it was terribly busy with so many angels sorting out petitions written on voluminous paper sheets and scraps from people all over the world."

We all know that in ISLAM you are not to narrate a false dream and secondly Angels are great personalities that ought to be fully respected. By quoting them as such is like ascribing lies to them.
The article may have a good message in it but it is not worth an ISLAMIC forum. It should have been changed a bit so that it comes in line according to ISLAMIC principles.

I hope the admin. gets this message and refrain from any such articles in the future.
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, September 3, 2004  -  2:36 PM Reply with quote

I appreciate your concerns.

Obviously this article is only a literary piece of writing and is not purported to summarize the Isalmic doctrines. I do not see anything, on the whole, severally wrong with it.

Just as you have discerned that it is not a real dream, but a manner of expression, every reader can find it as such. It is not a lie. It is in the imagination of the author what he describes in the dream.

In summary, I mean to say while something in the article can be pointed out as not a very appropriate description, it is not befitting to write off the article completely as unworthy.

atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, September 3, 2004  -  3:35 PM Reply with quote
I think that in this article, dream is just a symbolic representation of what the author is thinking. Its not the case that anyone is writing this all as a TRUE DREAM and if we read it assuming it a symbolic representation then there is nothing wrong in it.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker