1 2
Page 2 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Faiza Arif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, September 9, 2004  -  4:43 PM Reply with quote
Assalaam-u-Alaikum,
Thanx Sister,for sharing your piece of knowledge regarding covering of head with us.I understand that covering of head is just a form of modesty and not ordained by God. It means that we as muslim women do have the right and liberty to keep our face, hair, hands & feet open while staying within the lines defined by Islam.
Regards.
Faiza Arif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, September 9, 2004  -  6:33 PM Reply with quote
Assalaam-u-Alaikum,
Brother Jhangeer, i really appreciate the way you have explained things to me. I understand that the course module covers the aspects regarding hijab, but i seek a more in depth knowledge about hijab. Actually in the begining i asked about hijab in the official email add of the web site, but they told me that i should join this course and ask the moderator. Luckily i had already joined the course therefore i put my query here. Brother i have not joined this site or am asking questions just to get more acquainted with Islam, I want to
implement these teachings in my day to day life, thats why i want some thing more then what is being offered in the course, a real in depth step by step guide in converting myself into a true muslim. Alhamdu-lillah i am muslim, but just a born muslim not a practising one. I try to follow my religion as much as possible but i guess i am not even half way in my journey towards Islam, the reason lack of proper guidance. Brother i am very apprehensive about many things and one of them is hijab. I don't want to fall short of the line drawn by Islam, similarly i dont want to get overboard in trying to be a true muslim resulting in suffocation. I hope you understand my concern, therefore please help me in clarifying some misconceptions.
Regards.
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, September 10, 2004  -  3:24 PM Reply with quote

I appreciate that you want to learn more about Islam and in depth. You need not be apprehensive while you are on the path of learning with the commitment to surrender to what you understand as the commandment of Allah.

What I tried to clarify is that the Qur'an has, by virtue of an exemption, allowed the ladies to reveal their hands, feet and face.

It however has not taken up the issue of head covering. I mean it has neither asked the ladies to cover their heads nor allowed them to reveal them in the same manner as it exempted hands, feet and face. Their is neither order nor exemption regarding head covering. Any directive which is not mentioned in the Qur'an does not mean that the relevant act is perfectly allowed. For instance, the Holy Qur'an has not given any directive regarding gay marriages, distribution of inheritance of parents to their departed son's children etc. Obviously, about these matters we need to decide in the perspective of other similar directives of Islam, moral teachings of Islam and our innate guidance. While understanding the hijab directives, one should understand the following:

1. The addressees of these directives are not supposed to be savages. These are the people who are already living in a religious civilization - where many moral principles prevail and are acknowledged as such.

2. The edifice of Islam is standing on moral principles; it is the religion that values Haya (modesty); it is the religion that ordains that one should not go even near Zina (extra marital sex); it is the religion that aims at inner purification - to rid us and our surroundings of all immodest pracitices and thoughts.

3. The directives of social interaction are not the directives of the details of dress; these are the directives which pinpoint the areas of concern which all Muslims should consider.

In summary, while the Qur'an has exempted the hands, face and feet, it has not said anything about the head covering, which is still be decided by the Muslim ladies as they decide about many other matters where the Shari'ah is silent.

muslim

CANADA
Posted - Saturday, September 11, 2004  -  4:07 AM Reply with quote
aslam o alaikum,
I am Ayesha and new to SI course.Its good allhamdulliah.Just like sister FAIZA I also desparetely want to follow Islam in every way.In my COLLAGE Islamic international medical collage is where i started to get knowledge on Islam.There were scholars from Islamic university ISlamabad Pakistan--and we had wardens also from there --who were masters in shariah.Now I FOUND THEM ISLAMIC in manners--not backbiting,gossips,always encouraging on good deeds and telling to keep awayfrom wasting time etc and was impressed and --well they took veil also ---There is dr farhat hashmi who explains hijab rules according to Quranic verses and according to her veil is there--keep in mind please ---they dont force--but only explain verses.its surah Ahzab AAYAT 59.TO TELL YOU GUYS THE TRUTH---i am really happy to join the course--but to hear from you that covering of head is not there--i dont understand?????i am shaken to read this--it was hard for me to take hijab and i too remained confused with veil--though i did take it coz i was afraid-just like sis Faiza.I plan InshALLAH TO SOME HOW unite all the scholars (do not know how )on one school of thought regarding this matter--its very important.Arguing on this sometimes is too much --there are so many other things to be done.Also scholars dont just say anything without any reason --they have all knowledge from Quran--There is DR Israr,Dr farhat,many other.I have this little book in front of me right now written in Dawah academy Islaimc university PAKISTAN---ABOUT VEIL--GIVING VERSES AND HOW THEY WERE EXPLAINED.I will inshAllah elaborate.wasalam

Edited by: muslim on Saturday, September 11, 2004 4:20 AM

Edited by: muslim on Saturday, September 11, 2004 4:26 AM
muslim

CANADA
Posted - Tuesday, September 21, 2004  -  2:04 AM Reply with quote
TextText
aslam o alaikum.
brothers and sisters
plz view and comment
http://www.irf.net/irf/faqonislam/index.htm
kindly go to frequently asked questions,then QUERIES ON ISLAM and then see what Dr naik say about---"does Islam MAKE VEIL obligatory for the Muslims"?
wasalam

Edited by: muslim on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 2:08 AM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker