Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
aslam

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Friday, July 30, 2004  -  4:35 PM Reply with quote
Dajjal?

Salams,
I just can,t understand this dajjal thing?Some ahaddith suggest that the Prophet(pbuh)and Sahaba(raa)were
looking for him in their times.Some ahadith suggest that he would appeare before Qiyamah.Is he name of a person or a metaphor for a civilisation or nation?
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 31, 2004  -  7:21 AM Reply with quote
w salaam
DAJJAL litterly means Quack, Fake, Fraud, Impostor, Cheat, Deceiver, Bluff etc.
In a prayer [at the end of SALAH before Salam] our Prophet (pbuh) seeks refuge in Allah from the evil of " Maseeh ud Dajjal " ie the FALSE Christ/ Messiah.
This suggest that possibally One person (or more) will wrongly claim that he's the Messiah. According to my knowledge there is ONE person (from the Sub-Continent)who has calimed that he's the Messiah & he was Mirza Ghulaam Ahmed Qadiyani.
That's my interpertation. Let see what others say.

Regards
aslam

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, August 3, 2004  -  9:08 AM Reply with quote
Salams,
I think the allusions to Dajjal in ahadith are allegorical,not literal.
Dino31

USA
Posted - Tuesday, August 3, 2004  -  11:00 PM Reply with quote
Isn't Isa(as) suppose to battle the Dajjal and kill him? So the Dajjal has not yet appeared in my understanding of the Ahaddith.
barrister

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, August 5, 2004  -  10:30 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Isn't Isa(as) suppose to battle the Dajjal and kill him? So the Dajjal has not yet appeared in my
understanding of the Ahaddith.

SALLAM,

quote:

It is my understanding that the Dajjal was existing at the time of our prophet Muhammed peace be upon him and was seen by one of his companions. The Dajjal was chained up on a particlar island. The Dajjal is existing today on the same island and will not appear until it is the will of ALLAH SWT. The Dajjal will appear when the muslims will conquer constantinople under the leadership of the Mahdi ie the Descendant of our Prophet Muhammed Peace be upon him. After conquering constantinople and enjoying the spoils of war the muslims will hear that the Dajjal has appeared and causing fitna. The Dajjal will remain for 40 days. It will be at this time when Prophet Isa Peace be upon him descends from the heavens and kills the Dajjal with the will of ALLAH SWT.

Wasallam
abdullah099

USA
Posted - Thursday, August 5, 2004  -  11:55 PM Reply with quote
Salam alaikum brothers and sisters in Islam.

I think what happens a lot of times when we come across an aspect in Islam which is beyond our comprehension we refer to it as allegorical or a metaphor for something totally beyond what is meant. We should not attempt to do this. Because the Christians have taken to doing this and it has ruined them. I've even heard a Christian saying "You can't take the Bible literally. Thats madness!" Anyways, Dajjal is very real in deed. He is one of the portends of the Day of Judgement. He also serves as a test for mankind.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 88, Number 241: Narrated Abdullah bin Umar:

Allah's Apostle stood up amongst the people and then praised and glorified Allah as He deserved and then he mentioned Ad-Dajjal, saying, "I warn you of him, and there was no prophet but warned his followers of him; but I will tell you something about him which no prophet has told his followers: Ad-Dajjal is one-eyed whereas Allah is not."
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, August 6, 2004  -  9:02 AM Reply with quote
Can someone explain the last hadith quoted by brother Abdullah. Does that mean that Dajjal is a single-eyed person ? I don't think so as here it is compared with the Almighty and we can't say anything about the Physical appearance of the ALLAH. We don't know that He has 1 eye or more. So this comparison can't be in its literal meaning.
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, August 6, 2004  -  6:14 PM Reply with quote
ok the dajaal
is just a sign of the day of judgement
i fink u guys shud stop worryin so much of wat he is/ wher he'll come / and when he'll come and start worryin more about wat u hav 2 do b4 that tym
my personal opinion is that dajaal is a metaphorical thing
the whole 1 eye business may refer 2 how so many ppl in the world see things with only 1 eye
example:
lyk wow luk at the universe its so beautiful
they admire it yet fail to recognise the creator
this is leading them astray
so one myt say this is the dajaal
which means that the dajaal has already bn amongst us 4 quite a while
and dnt start running up and down the house and chekin the qurans 2 see if the words hav disappeared yet
jst cuz a sign of the day of judgement has come doesnt mean ur gonna hear a trumpet 2morow
it can take eons b4 the next sign comes
jst remember ur day of judgemnt will arrive the moment ur put in ur grave
so do ur best b4 that
and concentrate ur energy towards that
not what the dajaal lux lyk
abdullah099

USA
Posted - Saturday, August 7, 2004  -  10:57 PM Reply with quote
Sahih Muslim Book 041, Number 6931:
Hudhaifa b. Usaid Ghifari reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came to us all of a sudden as we were (busy in a discussion). He said: What do you discuss about? They (the Companions) said. We are discussing about the Last Hour. Thereupon he said: It will not cone until you see ten signs before and (in this connection) he made a mention of the smoke, Dajjal, the beast, the rising of the sun from the west, the descent of Jesus son of Mary (Allah be pleased with him), the Gog and Magog, and land-slidings in three places, one in the east, one in the west and one in Arabia at the end of which fire would burn forth from the Yemen, and would drive people to the place of their assembly.

Sahih Muslim Book 041, Number 7007:
Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: There is never a prophet who has not warned the Ummah of that one-eyed liar; behold he is one-eyed and your Lord is not one-eyed. On his forehead are the letters k f. r. (Kafir).

Sahih Muslim Book 041, Number 7010:
Hudhalfa reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Dajjal is blind of left eye with thick hair and there would be a garden and fire with him and his fire would be a garden and his garden would be fire.
Dino31

USA
Posted - Monday, August 9, 2004  -  9:47 PM Reply with quote
http://www.islamonline.net/fatwa/english/FatwaDisplay.asp?hFatwaID=103912

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker