AuthorTopic
Malix

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Friday, July 9, 2004  -  8:53 PM Reply with quote
Could some1 clrfy sumfink plz

Sitting after 2nd Rakat

v say Tashahud, Durud & Dua

in da Tashahud (Bearing Witness)

At Tahiyyaatu Lillaahi Was Salawaatu Wat Tayyibaatu(All Compliments & Praises & Pure words are due to Allah)

As Salaamu'Alan Nabee Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaathuoo(Peace be on the Prophet & Also The Mercy of Allah and His Blessings)

Assalaamu'Alainaa Wa'Alaa Ibaadillaahis Saaliheen
(Peace be on us and the righteous slaves of Allah)

Ash Hadu Allaa Haaha Ullal Laahu
(I bear witness that None has the right to be Worshipped except Allah)

Wa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammadan'Abduhoo Wa Rasuluh
(And I bear witness that Muhammad His the Slave & Messenger)

In the second line of the Tashahud it is common to find the words Assaalamu Alaika Ayyu Hanna Biyyu(Peace be on you O Prophet) this wording was used by the companions during the life of the Propeht(SAW). Since the Prophet (SAW) passed away it was not applicable and the companions reported the above wording which is to be used now, this was endorsed vy the Porphet (SAW) himself.

I have come across this but i was told that SALAH(namaz) was a conversation btwn Allah and our Prophet(SAW). Hence, u can not change it. But some ppl say dat as it was in past it no lngr is read dat way:
Assaalamu Alaika Ayyu Hanna Biyyu
But:
As Salaamu'Alan Nabee Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaathuoo

Is this true or not! Either way could someone please send me solid proof for backing.

JazakAllah

Salam
ummjuwayriyah

USA
Posted - Saturday, July 10, 2004  -  1:09 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Sitting after 2nd Rakat

v say Tashahud, Durud & Dua

in da Tashahud (Bearing Witness)

At Tahiyyaatu Lillaahi Was Salawaatu Wat Tayyibaatu(All Compliments & Praises & Pure words are due to Allah)

As Salaamu'Alan Nabee Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaathuoo(Peace be on the Prophet & Also The Mercy of Allah and His Blessings)

Assalaamu'Alainaa Wa'Alaa Ibaadillaahis Saaliheen
(Peace be on us and the righteous slaves of Allah)

Ash Hadu Allaa Haaha Ullal Laahu
(I bear witness that None has the right to be Worshipped except Allah)

Wa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammadan'Abduhoo Wa Rasuluh
(And I bear witness that Muhammad His the Slave & Messenger)

In the second line of the Tashahud it is common to find the words Assaalamu Alaika Ayyu Hanna Biyyu(Peace be on you O Prophet) this wording was used by the companions during the life of the Propeht(SAW). Since the Prophet (SAW) passed away it was not applicable and the companions reported the above wording which is to be used now, this was endorsed vy the Porphet (SAW) himself.

I have come across this but i was told that SALAH(namaz) was a conversation btwn Allah and our Prophet(SAW). Hence, u can not change it. But some ppl say dat as it was in past it no lngr is read dat way:
Assaalamu Alaika Ayyu Hanna Biyyu
But:
As Salaamu'Alan Nabee Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaathuoo

Is this true or not! Either way could someone please send me solid proof for backing.

JazakAllah

Salam

As Salaam alaikum: Taken from The Prophet's Prayer Described
It's wording:
At-Tahuyyaatu lillaahi, was-Salawaatu, wat-Tayyibaatu.
As-Salaamu 'alan-Nabee,* wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu.
As-Salaamu 'alaynaa wa 'alaa 'ibaad-illah-is-Saaliheen.

*This is what is perscribed to say after the death of the Prophet(sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) and this wording is established in the tashahhud of Ibn Masood, Aisha, Ibn az-Zubayr and Ibn 'Abbass.
May refer to the book Sifatus-Salaat (p. 68)

Insha Allah this will answer your question.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker