1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Next page >>
Page 6 of 7

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, October 28, 2006  -  12:02 AM Reply with quote
come on gals & boys. wat are you uptoonce prophet essa a.s. jesus pbuh cursed the jews of his time saying that be you cursed that you pick minor things and swallow elephants(meaning being too microscopic about minor sins and careless about major crimes)
i don't mean that all who are worried for such minors are involved in majors, but this worry about such insignificant "ifs and buts" leads us to no-where but distracts us from more important jobs like... studying courses with studying islam
however for more professional 'n reliable info. you may post your query to the course forum "Islamic Dietary Laws" and "Islamic Customs & Etiquettes" i guess
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 10, 2006  -  5:29 PM Reply with quote
Why is it that plucking the eyebrows is Haraam, but plucking hair from any other part of the face is Halaal? And by using the word "plucking", I mean "plucking just to look attractive".
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, November 10, 2006  -  10:56 PM Reply with quote
hain...who said it's 'haram'
there are limitations though.

one may clear the extra hair around the eyebrows to cleanse and beautify; however changing shape to an extent of making them too thin to look rather uglier;or like some women of medina who used to shave them off completely,used to get tatooing done, get artificial spaces done between teeth and were involved in prostitution, the prophet sws cursed them.( i have noticed that all these options are still available in local hair dressers shops here-hence we can still see such reflections of 'jahliya'/ignorance in today's world along with many other acts of jahliyah) so we ought to keep in mind the limits they crossed in this process of beautification and the purpose they used it for.
the second limitation therefore is that the intention should not be showing off or using such beautification means for immodest purposes.

other than these limitations, islam does not put restrictions on natural urge of women to beautify themselves within the limits of modesty.ps the link http://www.studying-islam.org/forum/topic.aspx?topicid=2190&lang=ur&forumid=39

peace
Puppy

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, November 11, 2006  -  12:42 PM Reply with quote
quote:

hain...who said it's 'haram'

Me too!!!!!!!!!!
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, November 11, 2006  -  12:46 PM Reply with quote
Sister Henna, Assalaamu 'Alaikum. Thanks for the reply, but you did not fully answer my question. I was trying to say that why are their "limitations" on plucking the eyebrows, but no "limitations" on plucking hair from any other part of the face? I mean, why did the Prophet (SAW) specifically mention "plucking the eyebrows", and not "plucking the hair of the upperlip", etc.?
Doesn't this mean that you cannot pluck your eyebrows for the sake of beautification, but you can pluck hair from any other part of the face for beautification?
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, November 11, 2006  -  12:51 PM Reply with quote
Puppy, are you with Sister Henna, or with me?
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, November 11, 2006  -  11:10 PM Reply with quote
ws sr may god quench your thirst for the right.
its about hair on face. people hv interpreted for different parts of face.
as mentioned before, islam gives basic rules and tries to give us tips to remain balanced in all approaches. does not pinpoint each 'n everything as with time and age new things/ideas come up but we hv to check them according to the basic rules. in most matters our innate guidance and common sense plus logic guides us; where there could be a doubt, verdicts hv been given.

(puppy is with everyone i guess )
Puppy

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, November 19, 2006  -  4:36 AM Reply with quote
Nida-e-Khair,
quote:

Why is it that plucking the eyebrows is Haraam, but plucking hair from any other part of the face is Halaal? And by using the word "plucking", I mean "plucking just to look attractive".

Excellent!!
quote:

Doesn't this mean that you cannot pluck your eyebrows for the sake of beautification, but you can pluck hair from any other part of the face for beautification?

Excellent again!!
quote:

Puppy, are you with Sister Henna, or with me?

I am with you in this forum, unlike some others.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
hkhan,
quote:

(puppy is with everyone i guess)

Yah, I am with everyone but not the liars like you!
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, November 19, 2006  -  10:25 AM Reply with quote
Puppy, I am with you too, except for the part when you start hurling abuses at fellow Muslims.
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, November 19, 2006  -  3:46 PM Reply with quote
Puppy, what, in your opinion, is the answer to my question? Why do you think women are allowed to pluck hair from any part of the face, except eyebrows? What's so special about the eyebrows?
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, December 4, 2006  -  2:00 PM Reply with quote
Can anyone please answer the above question of mine?
And I have another question: Is it true that you're not allowed to remove your hair (armpit and pubic) in a state of impurity?

Wassalaam.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, December 6, 2006  -  9:00 PM Reply with quote
it's not true nida e khair dear.
Removing unwanted hair is a part of hygiene and is included in the list of sunans. There isn't a suggested or prohibited time for this.It's left to one's common sense and suitability.
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, December 8, 2006  -  3:44 PM Reply with quote
I trust your word Sister Henna, but may I please have the stricter opinion on this one? I don't think the majority of scholars will agree with you.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, December 17, 2006  -  10:50 PM Reply with quote
(sorry nida e khair i seem to hv missed ur post)

don't care abt 'majority of scholars' really bcoz thats not the criteria. I fail to understand that where did we gather this idea of shutting down our own brains in the ‘khichri’ of majority/monority of scholars. Why did god give us brains then. Wudn’t it be enough to give minds to scholars to be only and the rest of the ummah/people just followed them like robots. Why was the final revelation left with us forever and why the beloved prophet sws and his companions took so much of pain to continue the sunans into generations. Why the Qura’n keeps reminding of using our minds and thoughts.

even the beloved sws himself was never a majority for quite some time when he brought the Truth

the criteria is what is most close to common sense in the light of the given facts; and if we keep our god conciousness and awareness of Qura'n and the taught ways of the prophet sws updated, we must believe that Allah would not let us go astray--insh'Allah
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, December 18, 2006  -  1:05 PM Reply with quote
I don't know what to say...
The fact is that Allah tells you in the Holy Qur'an to ask the knowledgeable people if you don't possess any knowledge on a certain issue.
Quote:
...don't care abt 'majority of scholars really bcoz that's not the criteria.

Excuse me sister, but if I don't rely on my opinion or judgment on a certain matter, then I think that is the criterion.

Quote:
I fail to understand that where did we gather this idea of shutting down our own brains in the ‘khichri’ of majority/minority of scholars.

But what if someone himself is involved in a "khichri" of confused judgment? Shouldn't he consult a scholar, dear sister?

Quote:
Why did God give us brains then?

To choose between right and wrong, my dear; not to figure out solutions to problems we possess little knowledge about. If we were to judge matters ourselvs, we would be following our own whims and desires.

Quote:
...the criteria is what is most close to common sense in the light of the given facts; and if we keep our god conciousness and awareness of Qur'an and the taught ways of the prophet sws updated, we must believe that Allah would not let us go astray--insh'Allah

Now that's the only sentence in your post that I fully agree with. But then again, I think it'll be much better if I consult a scholar, for a scholar is an inheritor of knowledge from the Holy Prophet (SAW) himself; so he would know better.

Wassalaam, and Allah knows best.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, December 18, 2006  -  11:52 PM Reply with quote
thnx nida e khair and i appreciate your concerns.

The fact is that Allah tells you in the Holy Qur'an to ask the knowledgeable people if you don't possess any knowledge on a certain issue.

thats why we are here sister/brother at your service with this website and courses; to posess knowledge. knowledge isn't there just to be an inheritance of some chosen people.every person has a right and must try to seek knowledge.

as i hv been requesting at other places on the forums to try and keep your mind open and remain prepared to accept positive changes within the framework of the given rules by Islam.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Next page >>
Page 6 of 7

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker