Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Sunday, May 9, 2004  -  12:15 AM Reply with quote
Gay Bishop

Assalamoalaykum/peace

a lot is going on about this in our area nowadays as the person belongs to this vicinity.
we were hving a chat the other day in hosp. among staff members vis-a-vis this matter.
i mentioned marital freedom given by Islam to all including priests/religious leaders, rather nikah/legal bondage of marriage being obligatory for all muslims; as it saves from all this mess.
hope u all agree.
[note that the church of england has already allowed nuns(female priests) to marry.]

regards

Edited by: hkhan on Sunday, May 09, 2004 12:15 AM

Edited by: hkhan on Sunday, May 09, 2004 12:19 AM
Shahzad

IRELAND
Posted - Friday, May 14, 2004  -  12:52 AM Reply with quote
well, first things first.. finding an explanation as to how/why people (priests or otherwise) end up becoming homosexuals... is it something certain people are born with (ie genetic)? is it a result of social isolation/frustration/depression etc (ie enviornomental)? or is it a bit of both? ..

well, in all the arguments i have, i seldom like bringing satan in (it's "unscientific" i'm told), but i think it's kinda relevant here..

throughout our lives, satan leads us towards the wrong path, namely when we blind-foldedly follow our desires.. whether it be money, power, attractiveness to the opposite sex, or the same sex in this case.. the very purpose of our existence is to fight most of these desires and to do the right thing (as defined by the Koran).. maybe satan has more of an influence over some people than others (due to upbringing, and possibly due to the genetic make-up - but i'm sure the latter would be to a much lesser extent..) and thus, he forces thoughts of girls on some 18yr old boys and thoughts of other boys on other 18yr old boys.. i've just read a very interesteing argument in relation to this topic and i'd definately recommend it - http://straightway.sinfree.net/feedback/quecom.htm
but the very last line did some up everything nicely..

"It doesn't matter whether people are born with these inclinations, it is what they do with them that counts. You might not choose who you are attracted to, but you choose whether to act on those urges or not!"

and moving on to the thing about priests not being allowed to get married.. well, as you know, the pope is the head of the catholic church - and over the centuries, the pope's have been annoucing the rules that catholics should live by - the thing about priests not being allowed to get married was implemented in the 18th century or so.. point i'm making here is, i'm sure the fundamentals of their religion are derived from the bible, but they have "permission" and flexibility to bring about changes if they wish to do so, as opposed to us muslims who must follow that which is written in the Koran (we do obviously debate over the interpretations of the laws stated, but i dont think it's the same as to what i mentioned above - please do correct me if i'm wrong)..

May Allah guide us all and have mercy upon us, Ameen

Edited by: Shahzad on Friday, May 14, 2004 12:55 AM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, May 16, 2004  -  9:51 PM Reply with quote
nice to hv u back. hope ur exams went well and we'll hv u more

i'm sure whatever u said makes sense b/c the moderators hv not made any comment
so no news is good news!
however the issue came up in a local mosque here mentioning that this problem has been reported in our country as well behind the walls of certain madrassahs ; so parents must keep an eye wen they send their children out there for long days or as residents for hifz-e-Qura'n etc.

wassalaam/peace

Edited by: hkhan on Sunday, May 16, 2004 9:52 PM
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, May 24, 2004  -  3:51 AM Reply with quote
'god made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve'. there is something definetly rong with homosexuals, .

u cant just blame everything on genes. look everybody!! im a thief but u must accept my case 'cos my dad, and his dad, and his dad before that were alllllllllllll thieves so, u know, im a thief and its genetic!! its just not going to work...

if anyone is gay they should remember the laws of magnetism:

opposite sides attract (boy+girl=)
similar sides repel.
(boy+boy=)

if they dont get that... um ... that makes them 'gay' doesnt it????

may Allah protect us from this and keep us straight (not bent)

my personal views are: why are christians changing their religion??? i mean, they protect houses with cracks in the walls (you can see a million of these 'governmentally protected (ahem) houses' (not one of them are fit for living in) however they are still not being knocked down.

LAWS OF YOUR RELIGION ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN HOUSES THAT WILL FALL ON YOU IF YOU OPEN THE WINDOW. this world has lost all sense of rationality.

lets face it:

gay bishops+churches= uhhhhhhh no!

the math is obvious. there is really just no room for homosexuals anymore (no offense meant). the world is messed up as it is.

XxxxxxXxxxxxX
Malix

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, June 23, 2004  -  10:19 AM Reply with quote
AOA
v ave covrd dis issue in my lesson about gay bishops. In da bible some ppl say it is not allowd. However, sum argue dat it says sumfink else n dat it doesnt stop one therefore u can b wot u wnt 2 b.
BUT da question dat bugd me was dat Y r prest bcumn Gay? Den da ansr dat i found was dat Christianity is in decline n dere is prof of da actl attendnce which is reltin 2 Church of Englnd, if any1 wishes 2 reconfrm dat.

SO INORDER 2 ATRCT PPL BACK DA R BUCUMN FELXBLE N DERE IS FURTHR EVDNCE 2 DAT ASWELL AS DA AVE CHNGD SO MANY ISSUES IN DERE BIBLE 2 ATTRCT PPL.

BUT I DO AGREE WID DR HINA, AS IN DA NEWS PAPER I 1s READ AN ARTCL BOUT A MUSLIM GRL BEEN A LESBIAN and den i was apprchd by a NON-MUSLIM n da askd me if dis was allowd! So all i wnt 2 say is dat its time 2 WAKE UP!and its not jst bout been gay dere r othr haram activty goin on! so LET US ALL PRY DAT MAY ALLAH SHOW DEM DA RITE PATH.
AMEEN
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, June 28, 2004  -  4:27 PM Reply with quote
i think homosexuality in any culture or religion is roooong.

lesbianism and gayism...(??) is sik and rong dudes. nobody go round loving there gurl mates got it??

loadsa luv

XxbasmahxX
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, December 5, 2005  -  10:18 AM Reply with quote
same sex marriages finally legalized in uk.
for those who believe in innate guidance and revelationary guidance, its a moment of ponder and worry.

Same-sex couples can for the first time tell register offices that they want a civil partnership.

The first ceremonies are expected to take place on December 21.

Retailers are gearing up for the first civil partnerships with new "gay marriage" products.

ASDA's range of "Mr and Mr" and "Mrs and Mrs" cards will hit stores this week to coincide with the unions.

Sets of "Darling, Dearest, Queerest" embroidered towel and soaps went on sale at Superdrug on Friday.

for more...

http://channels.aolsvc.co.uk/lifestyle/article.adp?id=20051205021309990002&n=rotator&p=Gold&c=welcome_screen

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker