<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, June 26, 2004  -  6:13 AM Reply with quote
indeed there is no doubt preaching 'n practice go hand in hand as per surah walasr and one enhances the other and prevents a selfish style where one wud keep to oneself watever good learnt or gained
it is
wa amelussa' leha't, wa tawasaw bil haq, wa tawasaw bissabr (those who perform good deeds n advice/encourage eachother to Truth and Patience
ps last parag:
http://www.studying-islam.org/articletext.aspx?id=879

and again tawase (advice) is sometimes silent, sometimes spoken, as 'n wen

as per home work i do agree with sr. sue that after returning home from work and wen we r home, home chores r a source of relaxation, learning 'n zikr/dikr and an opportunity to let children join in and learn as well

it does not stop one seeking help from cleaners, or other helpers wen we need time for sharing with others wat we hv learnt and to learn more about Islam, which is usually not more than a couple of hrs a week or so, and web nowadays saves us from leaving home frequently

we must appreciate that in discussion above all the way thru the point has been stressed that is the obsession/extremism about home chores which has been objected to e.g. despite hving an opportunity to hv help from husband, children, other family members or helpers/servants, one insists to do everything herself and ends up saying that she does not hv time to learn/share islamic studies online or at circles/classes etc. or to take part in community welfare/charity work etc.

we ought to learn to "Let Go" sometimes n trust others. it helps children for e.g. to come fwd and take part in routine home works as there has been announced great rewards for such for muslimahs

balance is the key to success in every case
ummat e wasat(the balanced nation)

thnx to br jhangir too for the input

wassalaam

Edited by: hkhan on Saturday, June 26, 2004 8:47 PM
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, June 27, 2004  -  8:30 AM Reply with quote

Ummat e wasat means the intermediary nation and most importantly, it pertains to Sahaba, the Companions of the Holy Prophet (pbuh).

hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, June 27, 2004  -  8:44 AM Reply with quote
(br. jhangeer does not seem to b fascinated by my ideas)

Yes i hv read this explanation on rens or stislam somewhere but are we not supposed to try n follow the saha'ba
can't b like them though for obvious reasons but role model of the beloved sws and sahabas/companions, bless them, has been given to us to TRY

Pls correct me as we are learning from you all thnx/jk
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, July 8, 2004  -  12:13 PM Reply with quote
AOA
i personally think that ppl seem 2 b so bzy with their house work that they 4get thbout da after life.

they r 2 bzy with over doin and impresin others wid styln their houses and keepn them EXTRA CLEAN whle they culd b readin or understndn da QURAN.

Ppl dont seem 2 have the time no mre 4 the religus activites.

SALAM
Ghosiya

Edited by: StudyingIslamUK on Thursday, July 08, 2004 5:48 PM
ummjuwayriyah

USA
Posted - Friday, July 9, 2004  -  7:13 PM Reply with quote
As Salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahu wa barakatuhu,

Insha Allah, please read this article:
Women of Salafeeyah: A Glimpse At The Efforts of Female Students of Knowledge in Yemen

By Umm Mujaahid Khadijah Bint Lacina as-Salafeeyyah

Insha Allah we may draw benifit from these sisters.......Ameen

http://islamedia.net/articles/femalesstudents.htm

Edited by: ummjuwayriyah on Friday, July 09, 2004 7:15 PM

Edited by: ummjuwayriyah on Friday, July 09, 2004 7:15 PM
RENEE

USA
Posted - Saturday, October 2, 2004  -  9:36 PM Reply with quote
IN THE NAME OF ALLAH
ALSALAM ALKUM

A WOMENS PLACE, IS COOKING, CLEANING,HAVING BABIES, RASING THOSE BABIES, AND OBEY THE HUSBAND, CAUSE AFTER ALL, THAT'S ALL WOMEN ARE GOOD FOR.AND G-D FORBID, IF SHE "THINKS" FOR HERSELF.JUST INMAGINE THE CHAOS THE WORLD WOULD BE IN, IF A WOMEN,DID ANY OTHER JOB, OTHER THAN BEING A HOUSE WIFE AND MOTHER.UMM, MAKES ME WONDER. ANYWAY, THIS IS WHAT I WAS TAUGHT A GOOD WIFE WAS, WHEN I WAS A CHRISTAIN. BUT NOW,THAT I'M A MUSLIM. I KNOW BETTER THAN THAT. HOWEVER, IF THAT IS WHAT A WOMEN THINKS A WOMEN DUTY IS. I WISH HER ALL THE BEST AND HAPPINESS. BUT, I DON'T EXCEPT THIS VIEW FOR MYSELF ANY LONGER AND I TOTALLY DISAGREE, THAT WOMEN CAN'T PREACH ISLAM, BETTER SAID; "TEACH" ISLAM. IT IS UP-TO ALLAH, WHO WILL, AND WHO WON'T BE GUIDED, AND NOT A MAN OR MEN.THE ONLY THING A WOMEN CAN'T DO, IS LEAD THE PRAYS OR
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, September 11, 2005  -  7:28 PM Reply with quote
Ramadan’s blessings are for men and women. Making a Ramadan menu for Iftar and meals, and working out when you want to invite relatives, neighbors and friends for Iftar will give sisters the opportunity to catch Tarawih and various other advantageous Ibadat instead of spending Ramadan’s 29 or 30 days stuck in the kitchen.

(And by the way, brothers, helping out with cooking or cleaning was a practice of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him-maybe this is a way you can increase your Sawab [rewards] this month).
sourse sound vision
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, January 15, 2007  -  8:36 PM Reply with quote
my daughter read me an interesting phrase from a home chores book yesterday'home chores can be similarized with a string of beads without a knot on the other end--so the more you string in the more you need' hence an ongoing factory and indeed a reward for a woman to keep it going--nowadays for everyone in the family reaally as more and more family members are bound to work outside as well for earnings due to the growing inflation everywhere--
this is so true. if we start counting the minutes we hv as opposed to the home chores we can never find time for something else, i.e. something constructive around us--in family and wider circles, in the society we live in--perhaps just helping out a neighbour teaching her children or many more you could think of;

including educating ourselves--most important

btw the availability of electronic media is really helpful nowadays to continue to listen and watch the educational material whether in the kitchen, driving, even for slots during shopping
rgrissom

USA
Posted - Monday, January 15, 2007  -  11:34 PM Reply with quote
Asalaamu alaikum,
I was reading the posts on this and just wanted to say Alhumdullilah that there are women who do more than housework or I would never have learned about Islam, how to pray, etc. May Allah reward them :) Us converts (and most converts are women) need the support of those of you who have been in the faith longer. We are suddenly in a life that is completely different and some women lose their families and friends and feel isolated and abandoned. Allah made sure that I had the help from some wonderful women when I needed it, and inshallah I will be able to do the same for someone else someday :)
Masalaama, Rhonda
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, January 28, 2007  -  9:29 PM Reply with quote
w'assalam Dear sister and welcome to our site and forum. indeed the sisters like you go through a lot and much stronger--our prayers remain with you all. please do not hesitate to write to us. when you log in, you will find email addresses of all the participants here.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker