Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
vikinglight

USA
Topic initiated on Saturday, April 24, 2004  -  4:17 AM Reply with quote
Salat ... Ishraq ul-Qarar

Assalaamu Alaikum. I saw this on the Zaytuna.org site. Is Ishraq ul-Qarar a good text?
Thanks. Thomas

“A comprehensive explanation of the means and benefits of developing greater presence and humility in the Muslim ritual prayer, based on the text Ishraq ul-Qarar ("Radiance of the Hereafter"). Delivered in a beautiful poetic format, this inspiring text by the great West African scholar, Muhammad Maulud, addresses all the elements of this "backbone of the five pillars" to assist the student in taking the prayer to a deeper level than simply its outward, physical actions and to make each prayer a spiritual journey in itself.”
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, April 24, 2004  -  2:25 PM Reply with quote

quote:

Assalaamu Alaikum. I saw this on the Zaytuna.org site. Is Ishraq ul-Qarar a good text?
Thanks. Thomas

“A comprehensive explanation of the means and benefits of developing greater presence and humility in the Muslim ritual prayer, based on the text Ishraq ul-Qarar ("Radiance of the Hereafter"). Delivered in a beautiful poetic format, this inspiring text by the great West African scholar, Muhammad Maulud, addresses all the elements of this "backbone of the five pillars" to assist the student in taking the prayer to a deeper level than simply its outward, physical actions and to make each prayer a spiritual journey in itself.”

That person can best comment on this book who has read it. Lets see if any forummate of ours has come across this book.

I however feel that a believer should not practice some artificial excercises to feel the presence of the Lord in Salah. We know how Salah is performed; we should just try to focus our thoughts in all prayers like we do when we are in trouble. This is it. Normal human endeavor is what it is required as the Lord has created us humans.

ummnadia

USA
Posted - Sunday, April 25, 2004  -  11:15 AM Reply with quote
TextText
sorry i've never read the book but I do visit the www.zaytuna.org website often. I feel that the message is an important one. Prayer wasn't meant to be mechanical. "Prayer is mi'raj for the mu'min". If there are ways that others have felt a deeper presence of Allah subhana wa ta ala during the prayer that they can pass along, then I think it is a wonderful thing.
zest

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, May 4, 2004  -  10:21 AM Reply with quote
Of course we need to make our prayers meaningful. Right. Did the Prophet (sws) not teach the Ummah how to offer a perfect prayer. When does the prayer become mechanical and monotonous? What is "khushoo'" realy mean? Questions like these have to be answered before gropoing for the remedy outside the basic sources of the Shari'ah.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker