<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4
Page 4 of 4

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, April 30, 2005  -  11:23 PM Reply with quote
QUOTE: With my limited knowledge i have gathered that the prime importance has been given to the covering of the bosom, that’s why directive in this regard is very explicit, WHILE HEAD COVERING PROBABLY DOESNT STAND HIGH IN IMPORTANCE therefore its directive is implicit.

According to my understanding, we have to look at the purpose of Hijab first. If it is for men not to see parts of the women then covering of head seems to be essential. I mean, sorry to say, if hair (hair style) of a woman does not affect a man at all then covering of the head is not required. It is a common sense understanding.
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, May 2, 2005  -  1:19 AM Reply with quote
<< you said……….I don't think head-covering was "not an issue at that time" as you would like to believe. Important or not is a discussion that is a minefield. Importance of things could justifiably change with time unless of course you refuse to change with time. Divine decree, however, is a different matter altogether.

importance of the things cannot change if nature or creating of man to whom God is addressing remains unchanged. There is nothing but we want to justify and facilitate us at any cost.
almost all the modern people are those who are living or had been living in the nonmuslim countries. certainly they have adapted all the manners of there. Now they canot leave them and want to justify all those as islamical by false means and molding the quran and hadith as per their needs.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4
Page 4 of 4

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker