Page 1 of 4

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
aslam

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Wednesday, February 18, 2004  -  7:58 PM Reply with quote
Hazrat Hussain(ra)

Salams,
I would like to have some insightful comments about Hussain(RA),s mutiny against Yazid and his subsequent shahadat.How should one view his khuruj against a Muslim caliph?
surgeonakhlaq

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, October 8, 2004  -  9:47 PM Reply with quote
Assalaamu’alaikum,
No more than to say the saying of the Holy Prophet, Muhammad (peace be upon him)
“ I am from Hussain and Hussain is from me” These words leave nothing behind to explain further.
Allah Hafiz!
Dr. Akhlaq
surgeonakhlaq

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, December 2, 2004  -  8:28 PM Reply with quote
Aauzo,b-Allah-hy,min-a-Shytan-ir-Rajeem
Bisme-Allah-e- ar-Rehman-e-ar-Raheem

Allah Humma Salle Ala Mohammad-in Wa Ala Ale Mohammad-in Kama Sallaita Ala Ibrahim-a Wa Ala Ale Ibrahim-a Innaka Hameed-un Majeed.

Allah Humma Barek Ala Mohammad-in Wa Ala Ale Mohammad-in Kama Barakta Ala Ibrahim-a Wa Ala Ale Ibrahim-a Innaka Hameed-un Majeed.
saadiamalik

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, December 3, 2004  -  11:56 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Assalaamu’alaikum,
No more than to say the saying of the Holy Prophet, Muhammad (peace be upon him)
“ I am from Hussain and Hussain is from me” These words leave nothing behind to explain further.
Allah Hafiz!
Dr. Akhlaq

Shouldn't these be taken as words of affection, than suggesting infallibity of Hazrat Hussain, may peace be upon him. Couldn't he have erred, with good intentions, nevertheless? I am not saying that he did, for I do not have enough insight into the issue, but still...that could still be a possibility, right?

Wasalaam.
abdullah099

USA
Posted - Friday, December 3, 2004  -  8:03 PM Reply with quote
I think the best thing to do in cases such as this is not to judge either party as they were both companions of our prophet Muhammad. And Hazrat Hussein on his deathbed never even accused Yazid or anyone else of killing him, because he himself admitted that only Allah s.w.t. knows what happened. This is out of our hands and instead of worrying about this, we should worry about things which actually do affect our faith.
surgeonakhlaq

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, December 4, 2004  -  12:57 AM Reply with quote
Assalaamu’alaikum’

Regarding Quote of Madam Saadia Malik, Thank you.

Firs of all, I want to clear that I am not a “Shiah”

The words of the Holy Prophet, Muhammad (peace be upon him) about Hazrat Hussain, were quoted by a famous local “Sunni” scholar at Jumah Prayer. So according to the Holy Prophet, Muhammad (peace be upon him), the role of Hazrat Hussain in “Karbala” can be imagined.

I have just written “DARUD” because word of “Ale Mohammad” comes in it and so the effect of “DARUD” is reached towards Allah for “the Ale” as well. But it is assured that that saying “DARUD” is only after “Mohammad” not “Hussain”

Regarding brother abdullah099’ quote Thank you.

I fully agree.
zest

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, December 4, 2004  -  4:22 AM Reply with quote
Why cannot we study the matter on political perspectives alone? Does our fiath hinge upon our justification of either Hussain or Yazid?
saadiamalik

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, December 4, 2004  -  1:34 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Why cannot we study the matter on political perspectives alone? Does our fiath hinge upon our justification of either Hussain or Yazid?

No, it doesn't. You can discuss your perspectives, of course.

Brother Akhlaq, I wouldn't mind Shia or Sunni sources, so long as they are acceptable to the fundamentals of Islam. Thanks everyone for your posts.

Wasalaam.

Saadia
surgeonakhlaq

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, December 4, 2004  -  11:15 PM Reply with quote
Assalaamu’alaikum,

According to me, nobody including me either “Sunni” or “Shiah” read Holy Quran and Ahadith with full understanding and concentration. Answer of every question is available by these two great sources. The problem is that we are neither among “Muttaqueen” nor “Mutaharoon” the categories, which are mandatory to get guidance from Quran. These two categories are mentioned in Quran.

In short, we must be confined to aims and objectives of Islam.

The issue is very much sensitive, as we all know, I suggest to stop the discussion here.
saadiamalik

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, December 5, 2004  -  10:20 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Assalaamu’alaikum,

The issue is very much sensitive, as we all know, I suggest to stop the discussion here.

Wa'Alaikum Assalaam.

These issues become sensitive if and only if we allow them to become sensitive. I don't feel there is any great harm in discussing Muslim history. If anything, reaching better conclusions can give us good lessons. Remember, the first time that there was debate on who constitutes a Muslim and who doesn't, who constitutes a kaafir and who doesn't, was, for the first time, in Muslim history, brought up at the time of Khuruj against Ali, ra.

Wasalaam.

Saadia

Edited by: saadiamalik on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 2:28 AM
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, December 7, 2004  -  6:09 PM Reply with quote

Asalam Aalaikum

Madam Saadia Malik

I have seen discussions on these kinds of topic in other forums and no matter how fruitful and constructive people try to make these discussions, they ultimately end up in fight or conflicts.
These topics are pretty sensitive and it attracts the attention of our Shia brothers who love and hold Ali(Ra) and his family far above everything.
These topics are actually issues based on historical and political disagreement and are so sensitive that constructive discussions is impossible on it.
It would be better If we avoid discussions on these topics.

I hope it helps

Regards,
surgeonakhlaq

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 8, 2004  -  12:39 AM Reply with quote
Assalaamu’alaikum’

Thank you and very good “Student 1” I agree fully with you. May you enjoy blessings and bounties of Allah Almighty everywhere, Aameen.

In the beginning, I have written something in this forum not for the purpose of discussion. But when I opened this forum, it had been lying empty since a long time and I thought, if we had been writing in other forums why not something for the beloved grandson of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) regardless of taking side of any creed.

Wassalam
zest

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, December 10, 2004  -  5:42 AM Reply with quote
These topics are pretty sensitive and it attracts the attention of our Shia brothers who love and hold Ali(Ra) and his family far above everything. These topics are actually issues based on historical and political disagreement and are so sensitive that constructive discussions is impossible on it.

I do not think that any should drag creed and faith in political strifes. In fact this has been very unfortunate of the Muslims that political factions tried to take shelter in faith.

I need solid discussion on the issue for i am not clear on the services of Hussain (rta) to Islam and its establishment both at intellectual and practical level. Lets start with the first topic.
Please educate me on the point what services did Hussain (rta) render in the understanding and teaching of the faith?
thankign you
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, December 10, 2004  -  6:21 AM Reply with quote
Asalam Aalaikum

We should not bring faith into these matters but some Muslim groups especially our Shia brothers hold Imam Hussain(Ra) including the other descendants of Ali(Ra) at high position and consider them holy and they are the fundamental parts of their basic beliefs.
You think that you can continue these discussions without involving faith into these matters but it wont work since the other side holds them as a part of their belief contrary to us.
As far as the contribution of Imam Hussain(Ra) in Islam is concerned,we donot know about any of his great and high level contribution which he made in Islamic government or any other field like the first two Caliphes but we are very much sure that he being the grandson of Holy Prophet(pbuh) did his best to preach Islam during his leadership and tried to follow the footsteps of our beloved Prophet(pbuh).

Regards,
saadiamalik

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, December 11, 2004  -  2:29 PM Reply with quote
quote:

These topics are pretty sensitive and it attracts the attention of our Shia brothers who love and hold Ali(Ra) and his family far above everything. These topics are actually issues based on historical and political disagreement and are so sensitive that constructive discussions is impossible on it.

I do not think that any should drag creed and faith in political strifes. In fact this has been very unfortunate of the Muslims that political factions tried to take shelter in faith.

I need solid discussion on the issue for i am not clear on the services of Hussain (rta) to Islam and its establishment both at intellectual and practical level. Lets start with the first topic.
Please educate me on the point what services did Hussain (rta) render in the understanding and teaching of the faith?
thankign you

Zest, I admire your perseverance in trying to learn the truth. There seems to me to be no harm; if we can talk about the Crusades and Jerusalem, I don't see why we cannot academically discuss issues of Muslim-Muslim history.

Unfortunately, I do not have any knowledge on the issue. I would recommend you to write with to query@studying-islam.org.

Wasalaam.

Saadia
askhalifa

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, December 12, 2004  -  7:02 AM Reply with quote
My understanding is, as people from kufa had written lots of letters to Hazran Hussain and requested him to come to kufa and take over khalifate. Hazrat Hussain thought that, khilafah of yazeed is not yet established. Probably, from his point of view Yazeed is yet trying to establish kihlafa.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3 4
Next page >>
Page 1 of 4

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker