Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
ahmed_farooq

KUWAIT
Topic initiated on Thursday, November 8, 2012  -  8:35 AM Reply with quote
Sunnat Allah

Assalamu Alaikum

I have a question for which I would be grateful if I could get an answer from a scholar (hopefully Maulana Ghamdi).

I am reading Maulana Islahi's tadabbur and am fascinated with the explanations he provides invoking the principle of "sunnat Allah". I wanted to know which other commentaries and commentators of the Quran have invoked this principle? I know Maulana Maududi uses the argument without naming the principle. I also know that Muhammed Asad cites this principle. Is this from Zamakhshari? Is there someone else who cites it? Since I am not too regular on this forum, I would be grateful if you could also send me a response at: afarooq@radiancecap.com

Jazakallah Khair
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, August 17, 2013  -  3:16 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Assalamu Alaikum
....................invoking the principle of "sunnat Allah". I wanted to know which other commentaries and commentators of the Quran have invoked this principle? ................

Jazakallah Khair
Allah says, ....."But no change wilt thou find in Allah's way (of dealing): no turning off wilt thou find in Allah's way (of dealing)....." Fatir [35:43]

And He says,

"......No change wilt thou find in the practice (approved) of Allah......" Al-Ahzab [33:62]

He also says,

"..........It was the practice (approved) of Allah amongst those of old that have passed away. And the command of Allah is a decree determined. " Al-Ahzab [33:38]

Then what do you want to know about His way of doing? Kindly elaborate.

Edited by: aboosait on Saturday, August 17, 2013 3:28 PM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker