admin

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Thursday, May 24, 2012  -  4:03 PM Reply with quote
Website "Understanding Islam"

www.understanding-islam.com
azeemkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, June 4, 2012  -  9:35 PM Reply with quote
For some technical reason I am unable to create a new topic on this forum, hence, posting my question, hope someone can help me.

Assalaam o alaikum,

Please find below a list of some ahadith according to which Prophet (P.B.U.H.) cursed payer of riba and prohibited paying riba. This is contrary to Ghamidi Sahib's views i.e. paying riba is not prohibited. Please could you clarify:

Sahih Bukhari:
Narrated Abu Juhaifa: The Prophet cursed the lady who practices tattooing and the one who gets herself tattooed, and one who eats (takes) Riba' (usury) and the one who gives it. And he prohibited taking the price of a dog, and the money earned by prostitution, and cursed the makers of pictures. (Book #63, Hadith #259)

Narrated Abu Juhaifa: The Prophet forbade the use of the price of blood and the price of a dog, the one who takes (eats) usury the one who gives usury, the woman who practises tattooing and the woman who gets herself tattooed. (Book #72, Hadith #829)

Sahih Muslim:
Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Gold is to be paid for by gold, silver by silver, wheat by wheat, barley by barley, dates by dates, salt by salt, like by like, payment being made hand to hand. He who made an addition to it, or asked for an addition, in fact dealt in usury. The receiver and the giver are equally guilty. (Book #010, Hadith #3854)

Sunan Abudawud:
Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) cursed the one who acceptedusury, the one who paid it, the witness to it, and the one who recorded it. (Book #22, Hadith #3327)

Regards

Azeem
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, June 10, 2012  -  5:12 PM Reply with quote
Walaikum assalam,

I am posting a portion of an editorial by Javed Sahab I think it will answer your question.

The answer to the first question is that no objection can be raised on paying interest because the prohibition of interest is based on the Qur’anic principle of akl al-amwal bi al-batil (devouring wealth through unfair means), and person who pays interest does not devour the wealth of some other person through unfair means. In fact, he pays a part of his legitimately earn wealth to the borrower in lieu of the loan he provides. The issue of interest is mentioned in the Qur’an at more than one instance in the Qur’an. Not at one place has the Qur’an condemned those who pay interest; in fact, it calls them oppressed and asked the lender to give them time if they are facing financial constraint. Those who regard paying of interest as prohibited do not base their view on any verse of the Qur’an or any implicit or explicit deduction of any of its verses. They base their view on a Hadith narrative which says that the Prophet (sws) has cursed him who consumes interest and makes others consume it. The words of the narrative are:آكِلَ الرِّبَا وَمُؤْكِلَهُ … لَعَنَ النَّبِيُّ.[1] In this narrative, the word مُؤْكِلَ is used for a person who makes others consume interest. Linguistically, it can refer to a person who pays interest and also to people who are the agents of professional lenders and in this capacity hunt for potential customers for their masters. If lending on interest becomes a business, then such agents are its essential need; without them, the business of lending interest bearing loans cannot be run. If the narrative relates to such people, then there is no complexity in the narrative because this is blatant co-operation with evil (ta‘awun ‘ala al-ithm). As agents of interest-lenders, those who prepare agreements and documents for them and act as witnesses, their matter too is no different. The service provided by bank staff of these times is of similar nature. However, people who acquire interest-based loans cannot in any way be regarded as guilty of co-operation with evil (ta‘awun ‘ala al-ithm). This expression can only be used for an act done by perpetrators of a sin and for those who reap the benefits of this sin. Those who acquire interest-based loans do not acquire it to help the devourers of interest, they obtain loans for their personal and business needs. If this is co-operation, then it is not more than the co-operation done by our scholars and righteous individuals when they deposit their own wealth and that of their institutions in banks. If interest is prohibited at the state level and all forms of interest transactions are brought to an end, then such people who still pay interest can be regarded as criminals who have breached a law. If the Hadith narrative cited above refers to them, then the directive should relate to the scenario just stated – when interest transactions had been prohibited in the time of the Prophet (sws).
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, August 8, 2012  -  7:25 AM Reply with quote
quote:

For some technical reason I am unable to create a new topic on this forum, hence, posting my question, hope someone can help me.

Assalaam o alaikum,

..... The Prophet cursed the lady who practices tattooing and the one who gets herself tattooed,......... the woman who practises tattooing and the woman who gets herself tattooed. (Book #72, Hadith #829).........

Azeem
Wa 'alaykum assalam wa Rahmtullah.

I have highlighted from your post another topic for further discussisson. Should we assume that if men do that (tattoo) it is acceptable?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker